PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Lloyd "Chris" Smalling

Pages : 1 2 [3]

zudomiriku
13-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling promises improved display at Chelsea after October's Stamford Bridge horror show

* Chris Smalling was at fault for three goals in October's 4-0 defeat at Chelsea
* The Stamford Bridge loss was their biggest under manager Jose Mourinho
* Manchester United return to Chelsea in their FA Cup quarter-final on Monday
* They are just back from a long trip to Russian side Rostov in the Europa League

Chris Smalling has promised Manchester United will produce a far better FA Cup display against Chelsea on Monday night than they did in their chastening October loss at Stamford Bridge.

United suffered their biggest defeat under Jose Mourinho as Chelsea enjoyed a 4-0 Premier League victory over their former Portuguese manager.

Almost five months on, United have not lost in the league since and Mourinho has the first major trophy of his Old Trafford tenure with the EFL Cup safely tucked away.

https://s16.postimg.org/ww4tzeh7p/39A379C400000578_0_Chris_Smalling_endured_a_toug.j pg (https://postimage.org)
Chris Smalling endured a tough afternoon as Chelsea ran out 4-0 winners back in October

But Chelsea head into the FA Cup quarter-final showdown as favourites with Antonio Conte's side 10 points clear at the top of the Premier League, and United just back from a stamina-sapping Europa League trip to Russia.

'Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team in the league and they deserve to be in the position where they are now,' Smalling said in a pre-match MUTV interview.

'But I think we are on a good run and we will give a much better account of ourselves than we did last time.'

Smalling, in particular, had a torrid time when Chelsea turned on the style in October.

The England defender was arguably culpable for the three of the goals, but said he was hindered by an injury which forced him off at half-time of the preceding game against Fenerbahce.

'In hindsight, it was probably not the game I should have played in,' Smalling said. 'But as a player you try to push yourself and force yourself to play in all sorts of games.

'That was a big one and I am a player who doesn't want to miss those games.

'In the lead-up to that week, we had drawn with Liverpool and won in Europe too, so we were starting to build up momentum.

'Then that game at Chelsea completely knocked us - it was definitely one of our worst performances of the season. But from then on we have kicked on and done a lot better.

'I think we all learned a lot of things from that game and, not only do we have progress in this competition to play for, we also have our pride as well.'

United won the FA Cup for a record-equalling 12th time last season, the 2-1 Wembley final defeat of Crystal Palace drawing them level with Arsenal in the competition.

But United have never successfully defended the trophy in their history.

'The FA Cup is a tough trophy to defend and looking at previous records, not many people have been able to do it and I know United haven't,' Smalling said.

'So to be a part of history by retaining the cup would be brilliant.

'We're in the quarter-finals already and we can see the finishing line is not too far away if we play as well as we can.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4306184/Manchester-United-s-Smalling-promises-improved-display.html

Andi Istiabudi
13-03-2017, 04:30 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/980B59384BAC484F82C1BDB71CB5241B.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=1263,0,3896,1483

SMALLING: WE WANT TO MAKE AMENDS

Chris Smalling says Manchester United are determined to leave Chelsea's stadium on Monday night with a very different feeling to the one which followed the Reds' previous visit.

United endured a day to forget when the two sides last met at Stamford Bridge on 23 October, with a performance described by Smalling as "one of our worst" resulting in a heavy 4-0 defeat to Jose Mourinho's former team.

Almost five months on, the Reds have not lost in the league since then and are in much stronger form going into the Emirates FA Cup quarter-final tie against the title-race front-runners.

"Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team in the league and they deserve to be in the position where they are now," acknowledged Smalling in a pre-match interview with MUTV.

"But I think we are on a good run and we will give a much better account of ourselves than we did last time."

The 27-year-old centre-back felt he might have been hindered by an injury on the October trip to West London, after coming off at half-time in the preceding 4-1 win over Fenerbahce in the Europa League.

"In hindsight, it was probably not the game I should have played in," he reflected. "But as a player you try to push yourself and force yourself to play in all sorts of games. That was a big one and I am a player who doesn’t want to miss those games.

"In the lead-up to that week, we had drawn with Liverpool and won in Europe too so we were starting to build up momentum. Then that game at Chelsea completely knocked us - it was definitely one of our worst performances of the season. But from then on we have kicked on and done a lot better.

"I think we all learned a lot of things from that game and, not only do we have progress in this competition to play for, we also have our pride as well.

"The FA Cup is a tough trophy to defend and looking at previous records, not many people have been able to do it and I know United haven’t. So to be a part of history by retaining the Cup would be brilliant.

"We're in the quarter-finals already and we can see the finishing line is not too far away if we play as well as we can."

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
16-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling insists he has a 'very good relationship' with Jose Mourinho following manager's criticism

* Jose Mourinho criticised defender Chris Smalling's fitness record
* Mourinho has appeared unimpressed by the number of games he has missed
* He has queried if some of his players have the right mental attitude

Chris Smalling says he enjoys a 'very good relationship' with Jose Mourinho, despite the Manchester United manager's apparent criticism over the defender's fitness record.

Mourinho has appeared unimpressed by the number of games the England trio of Smalling, Luke Shaw and Phil Jones have missed this season, repeatedly querying if some of his players have the right mental attitude.

He also called directly on Smalling and Jones to 'be brave' when they were sidelined during the Red Devils' demanding April schedule.

But Smalling insists there is no discord with Mourinho, telling Sky Sports News HQ: 'We speak very closely with the manager and we have got a very good relationship.

'All throughout my injury we spoke about the process and when I would be back so it is good that the manager wants you because ultimately he has got that decision of whether you play or not.

'You can take positives from it in that the manager wants you out on that pitch. He wants you to represent him and be that fighter and warrior for him.'

https://s9.postimg.org/wo9kq9tvz/40521A8600000578-0-image-m-37_1494886636028.jpg (https://postimage.org)
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been critical of his fitness record. Mourinho has appeared unimpressed by the number of games the Englishman has missed

Smalling was, though, keen to make it clear he is as frustrated as anyone by his time out of the side.

'Obviously with a knee injury there are certain protocols that need to happen,' he said.

'With the medical staff and with the coaches, we are pushing all the time. As players we don't want to be sitting on the touchline or watching the games in the directors' box. That is no fun.

'We have pushed as much as we can and I am glad to be back.'

Mourinho believes an EFL Cup and Europa League double would represent good progress for the season, should United beat Ajax in the final of the continental competition on May 24.

But Smalling remains unhappy about missing out on the Premier League's top four.

'It does eat away at you,' said the 27-year-old. 'With where we are in the league now, it eats away at you that all those teams are above you and the points that you have dropped.

'We will learn a lot from this year to make sure that we don't get this same feeling again.

'Even with the EFL Cup and the Europa League, we are far better than that position. We haven't shown that but next season we will definitely rectify that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4508982/Smalling-insists-good-relationship-Mourinho.html

Andi Istiabudi
17-05-2017, 12:53 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/E464AA3CA2E2487EA6D142ADFA565BBB.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,269,2880,1892

SMALLING: MOMENTUM IS CRUCIAL FOR UNITED

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling says the players are determined to build momentum ahead of the Europa League final by finishing the Premier League season on a high.

The Reds round off the domestic campaign with two games in five days - a trip to Southampton on Wednesday evening and an Old Trafford clash with Crystal Palace on Sunday - and Smalling is aware that berths in the squad to face Ajax in Stockholm are still up for grabs.

Speaking exclusively to ManUtd.com, the defender insists that while United can no longer finish in the top four, he and his team-mates remain motivated as the competition for places continues.

"I think momentum is crucial," he said. "The beauty of having these two games, with the preparation we’ve got, means we can go into the final firing on all cylinders and with everyone completely up to speed. We’re ready for everything.

"I think everyone knows about the big carrot that comes with our final game, the Europa League final, but it’s all about that preparation now and making sure that in training and in each game, we’re as prepared as we can be.

"I don’t think it’s a case of taking it easy in the Premier League. You can’t shy away from the final but, in the same respect, in training and during games, we’ll want to make an impression on the manager. So, no-one can hold anything back, we want to make the most of every day.

"I think the manager stressed it, and the players know deep down that each game is having an influence on him. Be it on the training ground or in each game, certain situations, it’s all a test."

Smalling said "it was a huge honour" to captain United to EFL Cup glory at Wembley in the last meeting with Southampton back in February. But while the centre-back has fond memories of lifting the silverware, he acknowledges the Saints gave the Reds a tough test on the pitch before the 3-2 win was sealed.

"Southampton have been a consistently good team over the last few years, home and away," he added. "Despite their managerial changes or player changes, they’ve been able to stay solid.

"We know it's not going to be easy. But we're all aware that our away form has been generally very good and our record is right up there with the top teams."

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
08-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling insists he has nothing to prove after Jose Mourinho criticism

* Jose Mourinho questioned Chris Smalling's injury earlier in the season
* Smalling was reduced to 29 starts across United's various competitions
* The centre-back says there should be no questions about his fitness or attitude

Chris Smalling's fitness and fortitude has been questioned by Jose Mourinho this season, but the Manchester United and England defender does not believe he has anything to prove.

One of few to really impress during Louis van Gaal's underwhelming final campaign at Old Trafford, the following season went awry for the defender.

Smalling was reduced to 29 starts across United's various competitions, with the most injury-hit campaign of his career leading to frustration both on the part of the player and his manager.

Mourinho questioned the defender's absence at Swansea in November with what turned out to be a broken toe, before calling for him to be braver when returning from a knee injury sustained on England duty in March.

There was speculation as to whether Smalling's seven-year stint at Old Trafford could come to an end this summer, but the centre-back says there should be no questions about his fitness or attitude.

https://s9.postimg.org/s4846z8en/412AE45500000578-0-image-a-20_1496882027226.jpg (https://postimage.org)
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been critical of Smalling's fitness record

'When I'm sitting down with the manager and the medical staff, we set out a timeline and then we try to shave it and push and push,' Smalling said.

'That's what we are doing because the longer it takes the less games you have.

'The manager has shown his frustration but we are just as frustrated. They are always trying to push us as quick as we can.'

Smalling played with pain-killing injections in October's defeat at Chelsea such was his desire to be involved, saying it was 'all good' between him and the manager when the severity of the toe issue became clear.

The defender said there had been no apology from Mourinho, nor he stressed was one necessary.

Smalling believes the United manager's comments before the game at Swansea were 'sort of directed at everybody' and March's injury was just the 'story of this season'.

'I think in the Chelsea game I proved that I can play with the injections,' he said. 'To be honest, I don't think any player is ever 100 per cent. There's always something.

'Out of the whole squad there is going to be some niggle. As players, it's not about always being 100 per cent. It's about going on the pitch and doing a job.

'We're always managing things - that's why we have so many physios and getting your stretches and whatever - but yeah, nobody is ever 100 per cent'

Smalling returned from his latest setback to feature in six of United's last seven matches, only sitting out the dead rubber against Crystal Palace days before helping the team to Europa League glory.

Asked if there was a moment he felt like he had won over Mourinho, he said: 'I don't think I've got anything to prove as such.

'I think he knows my character, he knows what type of player I am and that's not changed.'

Smalling's focus right now is on international matters as Saturday's mouth-watering World Cup qualifier in Scotland looms large.

It is only England's second trip north of the border since the turn of the millennium, with the defender starting the 2013 meeting there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4582962/Smalling-prove-Mourinho-criticism.html

zudomiriku
19-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Tottenham eye deal for Chris Smalling with the future of the Manchester United defender in doubt

* Tottenham are plotting a move for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling
* Smalling's future is in doubt after United recently signed Victor Lindelof
* Spurs are in search of a defender after losing Harry Maguire to Leicester
* Maguire chose the Foxes after believing he would get more opportunities

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino could turn his attention to Manchester United's Chris Smalling after losing out to Leicester City for £17million defender Harry Maguire.

Maguire chose a move to the King Power Stadium because he felt he'd get more first-team matches for the same wages he would have earned at Spurs.

Pochettino wants a centre-half to complement Toby Aiderweireld and Jan Vertonghen as Spurs prepare to launch a Premier League title challenge at Wembley as well as coping with a Champions League campaign.

https://s15.postimg.org/kuozbkkuz/4170A76E00000578-0-image-m-22_1497726694135.jpg (https://postimage.org)
Tottenham are eyeing a potential move for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling

Smalling has been made available following the arrival of United's £31million buy Victor Lindelof.

The England defender could even be used as a makeweight in a deal for Jose Mourinho target Eric Dier who is valued at £50million by Spurs.

Other centre-halves on Tottenham's radar are Middlesbrough's Ben Gibson and Michael Keane of Burnley, though he is more likely to join Everton with a guarantee of regular games.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4614060/Tottenham-eye-Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling.html

tukar tambah sama Dier boljug nih

Andi Istiabudi
23-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Selamat atas pernikahan Chris Smalling. Berbanggalah Indonesia khususnya Bali yang memiliki tempat khusus di hati Smalling dan istrinya, Sam Cooke :)

http://cdn2.tstatic.net/makassar/foto/bank/images/samllingtw_20160716_101000.jpg

zudomiriku
05-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling to hold talks with the club over his future as he seeks assurances of first team football

* Chris Smalling has no plans to leave Manchester United during the summer
* The defender wants to be sure that he will be given enough first-team football
* The Englishman needs to play ahead of next summer's World Cup

Chris Smalling will hold talks with Manchester United to clarify his future at Old Trafford.

The 27-year-old England defender has no plans to leave but wants to be sure that he will be given enough first-team football ahead of the World Cup next summer.

United’s £31million signing of Victor Lindelof from Benfica has pushed Smalling down the pecking order with the Swede and Eric Bailly set to be Jose Mourinho’s first-choice partnership in central defence.

With Marcos Rojo sidelined until mid-season as he recovers from a serious knee injury and United set for another busy campaign following their return to the Champions League, Smalling is confident that he will play enough games.

But if Mourinho signs another centre-back this summer, it would put a significant question mark over the ex-Fulham defender’s future.

https://s16.postimg.org/vxiow1u9h/4170A76E00000578-0-image-m-22_1497726694135.jpg (https://postimage.org)
Chris Smalling will hold talks with Manchester United to clarify his future at Old Trafford. The 27-year-old has found starting opportunities increasingly hard to come by

The United boss was openly critical of Smalling on several occasions last season, questioning his mental toughness and desire to return from injury.

West Ham and West Brom have both been expressed an interest in signing him, but it’s understood that Smalling would only consider joining another Champions League club if he changed his mind and decided to leave.

He has been on honeymoon in the Seychelles after marrying his partner, and is due to report for pre-season training with the rest of the squad on Friday before leaving for a tour of the United States 24 hours later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4665710/Chris-Smalling-hold-talks-Manchester-United.html

zudomiriku
07-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Chris Smalling warns Newcastle of Manchester United backlash after 'disappointing' defeat by Chelsea

* Alvaro Morata headed in the winner for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday
* The defeat sees Manchester United eight points adrift of Manchester City
* Chris Smalling reassured fans United will bounce back against Newcastle
* The United defender claims Jose Mourinho's side 'fell asleep' at the wrong time
* Smalling blamed failure to take advantage of early momentum for the defeat

Chris Smalling says Manchester United will regroup and return from the international break with a performance that excites the fans.

Jose Mourinho's Red Devils enter the international break second in the Premier League but eight points behind leaders Manchester City after Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Chelsea.

There has never been a larger gap between the top two after 11 matches in Premier League history and Pep Guardiola's swashbuckling side are as short as 1-9 with some bookmakers to win the title.

United now have to wait a fortnight to close the gap - when they face Newcastle at Old Trafford - and Smalling has warned the Magpies that they face a difficult afternoon when they head to Old Trafford.

'It is unfortunate (to have to wait),' the centre-back said. 'I think we'll have to regroup and make sure that - our next game is at Old Trafford - we put on a performance to rectify this.

'It is about us getting back to Old Trafford for that game and putting on a performance that the fans can be proud of.'

https://s1.postimg.org/13zwdgisof/460_BE95200000578-5054337-image-a-65_1509972979440.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling urged his Manchester United team-mates to bounce back after Chelsea defeat. The United defender is left disappointed by a second defeat of the season. But Smalling nailed wasting early momentum as the reason for the Stamford Bridge defeat

Having been overlooked by England for their upcoming friendlies, Smalling has been given a week off by Mourinho for some rest and recuperation.

However, the 27-year-old may well spend that period stewing on Gareth Southgate's comments about his ability to play from the back, or Chelsea's avoidable winner on Sunday.

Alvaro Morata - a summer target for United before Romelu Lukaku arrived - got between Smalling and Eric Bailly to head home Cesar Azpilicueta's cross 10 minutes into the second half at Stamford Bridge.

'I think it was two teams there who can defend and who have got very good attacking players,' he told MUTV.

'I think it was always going to be a close game and we just fell asleep on their one big chance, unfortunately.

'It was disappointing from us because we'd watched a lot of their videos and we knew about Azpilicueta coming up and putting in those crosses.

'So for us to know what their game plan was and to fall asleep is very disappointing.'

That lapse in concentration, combined with a lack of composure in front of goal, saw Mourinho come away from his former stamping ground empty handed for the third consecutive time.

Marcus Rashford and Marouane Fellaini had late attempts to snatch at least a point from Antonio Conte's Blues, but it was the failure to capitalise on early momentum that Smalling felt was key.

'I think we did put in so much,' he said. 'I think our first half where we controlled large parts of that game and we put them on that back foot, and we just needed to take one of those chances in that first half when you've got that momentum and you can keep squeezing it on them.

'But we just couldn't take one of those chances.

'I thought those last 20 minutes we did put on some pressure and we were really on that front foot, and I thought a chance might come because I thought we deserved a goal.'

Put to Smalling that he did not start the second half as well as the first, he said: 'I'd agree.

'We had that momentum, you could sense the crowd was on them in that first half.

'I think we didn't come out in that second half with that same pressure.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5054337/Chris-Smalling-predicts-Manchester-United-backlash.html

zudomiriku
22-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling admits surprise at omission from latest England squad but is confident of World Cup berth

* Chris Smalling has expressed his surprise at being dropped by England
* The Manchester United defender missed the games against Germany and Brazil
* John Stones, Eric Dier and Harry Maguire were all preferred in central defence
* Regular football at club level gives Smalling confidence he will reclaim his place

Chris Smalling has expressed surprise at being dropped by England and vowed to prove Gareth Southgate wrong before the World Cup next summer.

Smalling was axed for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil with Gareth Southgate claiming that John Stones, Eric Dier and Harry Maguire are better at passing the ball out from central defence.

But Smalling insists that playing for Manchester United under Jose Mourinho gives him the confidence to believe he will reclaim his England place.

Asked about Southgate's decision and comments on the eve of United's Champions League group tie against Basle in Switzerland, he said: 'Was I surprised? Yes, I was.

'But you don't play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for as long as I have, and won the most trophies bar the Champions League without being able to do everything a top defender needs to do, be it playing or defending.

'I don't really feel like I need to prove anything to Gareth. Like I said, I play for one of the most successful managers in Jose and he's only going to pick the best players.

'While I'm playing regularly and he's happy I think, if my season carries on like this and we have a successful season and our team continues to concede very few goals, then I think it give him maybe no choice in the summer but to pick me.'

https://s8.postimg.org/pkg07biet/4693304200000578-5104799-image-a-30_1511286088080.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling was surprised that he was dropped from the latest England squad. Gareth Southgate preferred John Stones, Eric Dier and Harry Maguire in central defence

Smalling has made seven Premier League appearances this season in a Manchester United defence that has only conceded six goals in their 12 matches so far.

He scored the second goal in the Red Devils' 4-1 win over Newcastle last Saturday and Smalling believes consistency at club level will see him return to the England squad sooner rather than later.

'This year, as a team, we've got one of the best defensive records and we have done for the last few years and I'm very proud to be part of that. While I'm playing under Jose and he's happy and I'm playing regularly, then I'm happy with that.

'I play for one of the biggest club and under one of the most successful managers in Jose. As long as that's the case, I think, ultimately, it's your club form that decides whether you play at a World Cup because there aren't many England games throughout the season.

'While I'm playing regularly here and part of a very successful team I think that should show come the summer.

'I think I can use every game that I pay for United, whatever cup it is. With United there is always limelight on it and there's always going to be that pressure, not matter what the game is.

'Whether it's the Premier League or the Champions League, I think I can showcase my abilities.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5104883/Chris-Smalling-surprised-omission-England-squad.html

Andi Istiabudi
03-12-2017, 09:58 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/2C8245126A9443119B87ACCE581F4140.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,60,3000,1751

SMALLING: TACTICAL TWEAK IS REAPING BENEFITS

Chris Smalling has explained the tactical tweak that has helped Manchester United pull off consecutive victories on the road this week.

Jose Mourinho's men were outstanding at Watford on Tuesday night, recording a 4-2 triumph, before Saturday's wonderful 3-1 win against Arsenal set things up nicely for next Sunday's Manchester derby against Premier League leaders City at Old Trafford.

Jesse Lingard was instrumental in two fine performances as the pressing from the front reaped dividends, particularly in the early stages at the Emirates Stadium when the Gunners were twice caught in possession inside their own half.

"I think we were carrying on from Watford and the fact that, when we play, obviously in this system, we can play with two strikers," explained Smalling to MUTV. "Quite often, they [Arsenal] are only used to playing against one. We put two up front and put them under more pressure and they are not used to that.

"I think that was one to enjoy, for fans watching the game and for us as players. It was end to end, but for us to get those two early goals, I think, meant Arsenal had to come at us and that’s what made it a very entertaining game."

Even the second-half dismissal of Paul Pogba failed to derail an excellent week's work by United.

"I think that’s down to our tactical work and us being able to be strong," said Smalling, on the display with 10 men towards the end. "They probably had about four strikers on the pitch so it was a case of digging in and making sure, even the attacking players, were doing their job and everyone to a man was brilliant.

"I think Watford were going into our game on Tuesday on a great run of form and Arsenal, I don’t think they’ve lost at home like we haven't, so I don’t think we could have asked for anything more. It’s been a great week."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
22-12-2017, 06:50 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/AA7FDC9943D94F72BEC4848FBF23707E.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,442,2456,1827

SMALLING LOOKING TO HANDLE VARDY THREAT

Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy revealed in his autobiography that Chris Smalling is his most difficult opponent and the Manchester United defender is determined to come out on top in their latest duel this Saturday.

Jose Mourinho's men will look to bounce back from the Carabao Cup disappointment against Bristol City with a third successive Premier League win but the Foxes, also beaten in the cup quarter-finals in midweek, represent dangerous opponents.

Vardy came off the bench to score an injury-time penalty equaliser against Manchester City on Tuesday to maintain his impressive record of finding the target against the top sides. Smalling, who knows the 30-year-old from international duty with England, is in fine form himself - having notched up 21 consecutive appearances, 19 of those as a starter.

"Yes, he is [a threat]," Smalling told MUTV. "I enjoy my tussles with 'Vards'. He is someone who is a bit of a nightmare for defenders because he is often ratting around and chasing with non-stop running. He runs in behind which, as a defender, is the hardest thing to deal with, but I will be looking forward to that battle and, hopefully, I'll be ready to keep him quiet."

Leicester have other players of genuine quality and it will be a testing occasion for United in the final outing before Christmas Day.

"They know what they are about," added Smalling. "And I think, when you play Leicester, you know how they are going to play. You know their qualities and their wingers - Demarai Gray is coming into the team and Riyad Mahrez is in form as well. So those are the players we need to keep quiet and, when we get the ball, we need to make sure that we get at their backline."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
05-01-2018, 07:30 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/F8407848BBF54E37ABB73B094123AB99.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,353,2000,1480

SMALLING HOPES FOR MORE GOALS IN 2018

Chris Smalling has revealed he thinks he should score more goals in 2018, as he is managing to get in threatening positions when moving up from the back.

The central defender returned to the matchday squad for the New Year's Day win at Everton, when he was an unused substitute, after being injured in the closing stages of the 2-2 draw with Leicester City.

He has found the net this term, with a far-post header against Newcastle United, and was off target with another effort from a set-piece in that recent game against the Foxes.

"I am disappointed I haven't had more goals this season," he told United Review, the official matchday programme. "Especially with my friends often saying that I get one good chance in most games.

"So, really, I should have had at least four or five already. I need to make sure I do a bit better in the second half of the campaign in terms of goalscoring form because, as defenders, ours are crucial to add the team.

"I am getting in those positions," he explained. "I am often getting a chance a game now, so I think I will keep putting myself in there and, hopefully, help make an impact."

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
27-02-2018, 01:13 PM
'That needs to be our bare minimum': Chris Smalling insists that Manchester United must finish in at least second place in the Premier League

* Manchester United are two points clear in second place in the Premier League
* Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea also in contention to finish as runners-up
* Chris Smalling insists United must finish second this season
* United haven't finished fourth since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013

Chris Smalling believes ending the season as Premier League runners-up is the 'bare minimum' for Manchester United.

With swashbuckling Manchester City boasting a 13-point lead and game in hand, it is little wonder that manager Jose Mourinho has already conceded the title to their near neighbours.

United will keep plugging away in hope more than expectation but finishing second is the main goal away from their Champions League and FA Cup tilts.

Having never finished lower than third in the Premier League under Sir Alex Ferguson, they have failed to finish higher than fourth since he retired as a champion in 2013 - a side Smalling was part of.

'I think obviously we've been second for quite a while and that needs to be our bare minimum,' the United defender said of the Premier League.

'The fact we get to play Liverpool at home as well I think is a big advantage.

'If we can separate ourselves from Chelsea and Liverpool and work our way up then we can do that.

'But I think that's our (goal) first and foremost.'

https://s9.postimg.org/urxjtmzkf/49955_F7_B00000578-0-image-a-22_1519686477077.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling insists that Manchester United must finish at least second in the table. Smalling featured as United regained second spot with a 2-1 victory over Chelsea on Sunday

United were overtaken by Liverpool on Saturday but regained second spot thanks to Sunday's 2-1 comeback win against Chelsea.

Romelu Lukaku and substitute Jesse Lingard secured an important victory for United, who head to Crystal Palace next Monday before Jurgen Klopp's Reds arrive at Old Trafford.

'I think being able to beat a rival, it's almost like a six-pointer because of how close we are,' Smalling said of the Chelsea win.

'The confidence just breeds (confidence) and we're ready for the next one.

'I think considering sort of how close we are in the table, I think it gives them a massive blow and us a lift.

MANCHESTER UNITED'S NEXT FIVE PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES

March 5 - Crystal Palace (away)

March 10 - Liverpool (home)

March 31 - Swansea (home)

April 7 - Manchester City (away)

April 14 - West Bromwich Albion (home)

'I think all of us, especially that top five, are probably all going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

'These are huge games and I think the fact we play a lot of our rivals at home is going to be a big factor because of our home form.'

United will need to start better against Liverpool than they did on Sunday, with Smalling pointing to their second-half improvements as the way to go.

Aggression and determination was visible from the whistle as Mourinho's recently-criticised defence shored up markedly after the break.

'Overall, I think we do have a good record and have over a number of years,' Smalling added.

'Obviously the Newcastle game was a setback, but there is a reaction to the fact that when you play for the biggest clubs and you lose a game there is that big sort of negative reaction.

'But we're players that are ready for it and to put on performance the next game.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5438373/Smalling-Manchester-United-finish-second.html

Riskur
27-02-2018, 09:53 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/FF7D7948757C4408938AAD55174630FF.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,161,3025,1864
SMALLING: BEATING CHELSEA SHOWED OUR INTENT

Chris Smalling has stated Manchester United are determined to qualify for the UEFA Champions League by consolidating second place in the Premier League, rather than merely ending up in the top four.

While a runners-up position will never be satisfactory at Old Trafford, the title looks out of bounds this campaign with Manchester City currently 13 points ahead with a game in hand.

With that in mind, Smalling believes the Reds should aim for second spot following Sunday’s important 2-1 win over current title holders Chelsea at Old Trafford, which opened up a six-point cushion over the fifth-placed Blues.

Antonio Conte’s side could have drawn level alongside United with victory, but goals from Romelu Lukaku and Jesse Lingard ensured United came from behind to secure a vital win that regained second place in the table.

Smalling believes the win over Chelsea sent a vital message and the defender is feeling confident ahead of the upcoming league matches against Crystal Palace and rivals Liverpool.

“It was a huge result and it shows our intent,” Chris told reporters after Sunday’s game. “Liverpool is going to be another big game and an atmosphere where we need to make sure we play like we did like in the second half [against Chelsea].

“With our home form and our home fans, we will be confident. A result like the Chelsea one definitely gives us confidence. Being able to beat a rival, it's almost like a six-pointer because of how close we are.”

The centre-back continued: “The confidence just breeds confidence and we're ready for the next one. We've been second for near enough the whole season, so we're within our rights to make sure we do finish in that position.

“All of us, especially that top five, are probably all going to there or thereabouts come the end of the season, so these are huge games and I think the fact we play a lot of our rivals at home is going to be a big factor because of our home form.

“If we can separate ourselves from Chelsea and Liverpool and work our way up then we can do that. That's our goal first and foremost. Obviously we've got a lot to play for and the fact that we can do it against our rivals lifts everybody. We're just eager to get to the next game, but we have to wait until Monday.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2018/Feb/Chris-Smalling-insists-Manchester-United-must-maintain-pressure-on-top-four-rivals-after-Chelsea-win.aspx

Andi Istiabudi
06-03-2018, 05:45 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/EF491F717D7845CEAE52F9B9BBCFF628.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,310,3000,2000

SMALLING: THE FANS DESERVED WIN OVER PALACE

Chris Smalling dedicated Manchester United’s superb comeback victory over Crystal Palace to the Reds fans who travelled to Selhurst Park on Monday night.

United produced a sensational turnaround to come back from two goals down to claim a 3-2 win, thanks to a stunning injury-time strike from Nemanja Matic, who was voted Man of the Match by fans on Twitter.

Around 2,000 supporters made the near 500-mile round trip to south-east London and enjoyed the scenes of jubilation in the away end in the dying stages as Matic celebrated his first goal for the club with them.

Smalling, who started the comeback with a fine header for his second goal of the season before Romelu Lukaku equalised, felt the three points were the reward for the loyal fans who showed their commitment to make the long journey for the game.

“You could see the emotions when we were celebrating with the fans right at the end,” the defender told MUTV. “It’s been a while since there was a comeback like that, but it was a great feeling. I think the fans deserve that.”

The Reds trailed 2-0 in the 48th minute to goals from Andros Townsend and Patrick van Aanholt before an improved second-half display saw Jose Mourinho’s men turn things around. Smalling put the revival down to some inspired changes from the bench and praised the character of the team.

“We started the first half very sloppy but we had that intensity in the second half and I think we deserved it in the end,” our no.12 said. “The subs made a difference in the second half – we made all our changes and they made an impact.

“I think it was a case where it was a never-say-die attitude and the character of the guys to win the game after going 2-0 down. Normally we don't find ourselves 2-0 down but on an occasion like tonight, it’s a tough place to come, Selhurst Park.

“We dug in and it was a big win in the end. It probably knocks some of our competitors who were probably enjoying it when we were losing 2-0. They [Palace] played to their strengths with two big men up front who caused a lot of problems. We knew we had to be on our toes and it was a good battle – I enjoyed it.”

The dramatic comeback win saw the Reds move back up to second place in the Premier League, two points and one place above next opponents Liverpool, who visit Old Trafford for an eagerly awaited showdown on Saturday.

Smalling added: “I think it tees it up perfectly [for the Liverpool game] by going above them again. We've got three big home games to come in three different competitions. When we're playing at Old Trafford, everything is possible. It's a special fixture [against Liverpool]. After tonight, we turn our attentions to that game and we'll be waiting to welcome them to Old Trafford with smiles on our faces."

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
07-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Chris Smalling feels Manchester United comeback win was a throwback to glory years under Sir Alex Ferguson

* Manchester United came from two goals down to beat Crystal Palace 3-2
* Chris Smalling scored Manchester United's first goal in their comeback victory
* The win reminded Smalling of Sir Alex Ferguson's glorious era at Old Trafford

Chris Smalling believes Manchester United's recovery from two goals down in Monday's 3-2 victory at Crystal Palace shows they are recovering the spirit of the Sir Alex Ferguson era.

Since his retirement in 2013, United have lost many of the traits they so consistently demonstrated during his reign, but it was their refusal to accept defeat while the Scot was in charge that inspired some of their highest-profile wins.

They have gradually improved since Jose Mourinho's appointment in 2016 but while observers remain divided over whether the Portuguese is capable of rediscovering the glory they enjoyed under Ferguson, their response on Monday was perhaps the clearest indication of his ability to do so.

United trailed to goals from Andros Townsend and Patrick van Aanholt, contributing to Mourinho's introduction of Marcus Rashford as a half-time substitute and his adoption of a more attacking shape. Smalling, Romelu Lukaku and, in stoppage time, Nemanja Matic then each scored to secure an unlikely victory.

The three vital points took them back up to second in the Premier League, and asked if their performance and spirit reminded him of playing under Ferguson, the 28-year-old Smalling responded: 'Yeah, it did. There's not been many games where we've come back — granted, there's not many games when we've gone 2-0 down — but you can see how close we are as a group that everyone celebrated together, and how much it means to us, because that was a huge win.

https://s9.postimg.org/ydmex36bj/49_E7470500000578-5468127-image-a-71_1520341836855.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling (left) leaps in the air alongside late match-winner Nemanja Matic (centre). The win reminded Smalling of the glory days under legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson

'Our intensity really increased and you could see probably four of (Palace's) guys cramping up, and that gave us that edge where we thought we could go after them. Even when it was 2-2, where in some games you'd probably take that after being 2-0 down, we went after them. It was great.

'It shows that no matter how bad we might be playing in that first half, that we can go after teams. Doing it away from home – our home record's a lot better than our away form – that's a huge win.

'We walked in (at half-time) and already knew we weren't playing enough, needed to increase it, and conceded so early as well (in the second half) with a sloppy goal. We had everything in front of us to do, and we did it.'

Defeat was regardless cruel on relegation-threatened Palace, who remain 18th and without a victory in six despite playing well.

Townsend had continued to impress after scoring the opening goal, but after their second late defeat in succession — they had previously conceded a late goal to Tottenham in a 1-0 reverse — he told the club's official website: 'Everyone is devastated.

'Twice in eight days we've thoroughly deserved at least a point, if not all three. We've been undone by a bit of quality right at the end.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5468127/Chris-Smalling-praises-Manchester-United-comeback-win.html

Andi Istiabudi
09-03-2018, 06:04 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/6CB6475B84F74BB7873F60732FEE09A1.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,34,5138,2921

SMALLING: THE RIVALRY IS GREATER THIS SEASON

Chris Smalling believes the rivalry between Manchester United and Liverpool is in even sharper focus this season because of the proximity of the two clubs in the Premier League table.

United welcome Jurgen Klopp’s side to Old Trafford for Saturday’s lunchtime showdown, which pits second against third.

After four successive draws against Liverpool, Jose Mourinho’s men will be looking for a victory which would consolidate second spot and open up a five-point gap over the Merseysiders – with just eight league games left to play.

Smalling, who could play in his 14th match for United against the Anfield club, believes the fact the two giants are battling to finish in the same position means the game will be as intense as ever.

“I think there’s always that rivalry, but even more this year,” the defender told MUTV. “We’re a lot closer in the table than we’ve probably been for a while. The fact that we’re so close gives it an added intensity.”

The 28-year-old added that the Old Trafford faithful could play an important part in United’s quest for a crucial victory, which our no.12 acknowledged is always the biggest match of any season.

“I think it is still the one for most fans, be it young or old, because that rivalry of battling for titles has been there for so long,” he said. “When you meet fans in the street and in shops, everything is just heightened because of the intensity and the rivalry.

“They can definitely be the difference – you saw that against Chelsea. I think in certain moments in this game, we’re going to need those fans to push us like never before. I think everybody is on the same wavelength about how big a win is.

“It’s a long time until you play them again, so you need to get those bragging rights.”

Liverpool, who qualified for the Champions League quarter-finals in midweek, boast the second highest scoring attack in the league this season and the Premier League’s leading scorer in Mohamed Salah.

Smalling believes United are aware of the threat Liverpool’s frontline can pose but pointed to the fact they were unable to score in October’s goalless draw at Anfield in the reverse fixture. The centre-back also insists the team will be looking to cause the visitors problems of their own.

“They’ve scored a lot of goals this year, but we kept them quiet at Anfield,” Smalling added. “I think the fact that this game is at home means we’ll be in the ascendancy and on the front foot. It’s a case of keeping them quiet and having them worry about all of our attacking players.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
09-04-2018, 01:10 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/9E95ED1F06FE4AA78D1A38098C2C21D7.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=137,78,2407,1356

SMALLING: IT WAS GREAT TO MAKE AMENDS

Chris Smalling admits he was mightily relieved to score United's winner in the Manchester derby after being culpable when Vincent Kompany headed in City's opener.

The Reds centre-back produced a finish that any forward would have been proud of when he volleyed home Alexis Sanchez's free-kick cross to make the final score 3-2 but he acknowledged that he could have done his day job better during a difficult first half.

"The first half was terrible, apart from the first 15 minutes when there was nothing in it," Smalling said. "Then we dropped off and didn’t play our game, and [City] could have been out of sight.

"I think there were some honest words said at half-time. We were feeling sorry for ourselves but we needed to make sure we played with pride. We needed to show more character and stand up tall and give the fans something back.

"We didn't want to be the clowns watching City win that trophy and I think you saw us really stand up in that second half. That second-half performance was for our fans.

"We were 2-0 down at City who have been fantastic at home all season, but we stepped up and won the game. I thought we fully deserved it in the end."

As for his own part in the tale of two halves, he added: "When you have made a mistake like I did for the first goal, you want an opportunity to make amends and luckily it came. You could see the relief in my face.

"When you get a chance to make amends and contribute a goal it's a great feeling. And there's no better feeling than scoring a winner in a derby."

Smalling recognised that his match-winning platform was primarily built by two attacking stars, namely Alexis and the scorer of United's first two goals, Paul Pogba.

"It's fantastic when those sorts of players are in that sort of form," said the defender.

"Alexis is always looking to thread those balls through and Paul's runs are a danger to any team so it's good that they've been able to link up together.

"You never see Paul hide and you saw 11 players stand up today when it would have been easy to crumble at 2-0 when it looked 90 per cent like it was going to be City's win.

"It was a great turnaround and this is definitely putting down a marker for the rest of the season and beyond. It's about making sure we own second spot in the league and getting to that FA Cup final. Next year we'll kick on."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
19-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Smalling di 2018: Lebih Tajam dari Morata, Sama dengan Lacazette
Mohammad Resha Pratama - detikSport

https://akcdn.detik.net.id/community/media/visual/2018/04/19/60a65233-53d8-4979-8dcc-6bc3c5241caa_169.jpeg?w=780&q=90

Bournemouth - Chris Smalling sedang tajam-tajamnya semenjak pergantian tahun. Bahkan torehan golnya lebih banyak ketimbang penyerang Chelsea Alvaro Morata.

Smalling sejatinya berposisi sebagai bek tengah Manchester United. Meski berstatus tim inti, Smalling tak lepas dari kritik karena performanya suka naik-turun.

Wajar saja banyak fans MU yang berharap Smalling tak lagi dimainkan atau bahkan dijual. Tapi, dalam tiga pertandingan tandang terakhir MU, Smalling membuktikan bahwa dia masih penting untuk MU.

Smalling semalam mencetak gol yang membawa MU menang 2-0 di kandang Bournemouth. Hasil yang penting dalam persaingan mereka mengunci posisi runner-up dari kejaran Liverpool maupun Tottenham Hotspur.

MU kini berada di posisi kedua dengan 74 poin dari 34 laga, unggul empat poin dari The Reds sebagai pesaing terdekat. Bagi Smalling, gol itu mempercantik statistiknya belakangan ini.

Bek internasional Inggris itu selalu bikin gol dalam tiga pertandingan tandang terakhir MU. Sebelumnya Smalling juga menjebol gawang Crystal Palace dan Manchester City.

Torehan gol Smalling di Premier League itu bahkan lebih tajam ketimbang Morata yang baru bikin satu gol di tahun 2018 dan sama dengan milik penyerang Arsenal, Alexandre Lacazette.

"Usaha terakhir saya untuk mendapat sepatu emas. Respons bagus usai hasil akhir pekan kemarin," demikian ucap Smalling di akun twitter-nya.

Smalling sudah bikin tiga gol dari 40 penampilan di seluruh kompetisi musim ini.

Andi Istiabudi
21-04-2018, 12:19 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/A5E97CD2C4F9474E9EF4BFA59457231D.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,115,2032,1259

SMALLING: WHAT WE MUST DO AGAINST SPURS

Chris Smalling has outlined how Manchester United must improve on January's Premier League showing at Wembley against Tottenham Hotspur when taking on the Londoners in the Emirates FA Cup semi-final this weekend.

The Reds conceded a goal to Christian Eriksen, virtually from the kick-off, and it was always going to be an uphill battle even before Phil Jones put through his own net 27 minutes later. The early setback meant Spurs were on the front foot from the outset and Smalling insists that must change in Saturday's teatime kick-off.

Taking encouragement from the 1-0 win over Mauricio Pochettino's men at Old Trafford in October, the central defender feels it is important to ensure Tottenham do not dictate the tempo of what promises to be a blockbuster encounter.

"Obviously, we started very slowly in that game and they got the early goal, which put us on the back foot," Smalling explained to MUTV.

"We couldn’t really get back into the game, even though, in the second half, we were a lot better. But when we are on the front foot, like the home game when we played them at Old Trafford, when you get after them, that’s not something that they like.

"I think they like to control the game at their own tempo but if we can get after them and disrupt them, we’ve seen that we can beat them.

"I think everybody can expect an exciting game because there is obviously a lot at stake. Both teams will be tactically spot-on and then it’s up to the high-class individuals that each team has got to produce something special. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was how the game was decided."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
23-04-2018, 06:14 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/89681C77CE1C4F51B8CF6EC947C57B6A.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=816,37,2748,1125

SMALLING HAPPY WITH HIS FORM IN BIG GAMES

Chris Smalling is giving England boss Gareth Southgate food for thought as the World Cup in Russia inches closer.

The Manchester United defender was omitted from Southgate’s pool of players for the March friendlies against Holland and Italy, but that has not shattered his Reds form.

Smalling has been the cornerstone of manager Jose Mourinho’s defence in 2018, while goals against Crystal Palace, Manchester City and Bournemouth have added a new regular contribution to his armoury.

But at Wembley in the Emirates FA Cup semi-final, it was his defensive game that was the eye-catcher. He kept Tottenham Hotspur's danger man, 28-goal Harry Kane, quiet all evening.

With Spurs's major goal threat in Smalling's pocket, United were able to build on the stability and earn a place in the 19 May final against Chelsea. An 11th-hour international reprieve can now not be ruled out.

“I love my battles against ‘H’ (Kane). I don't think he's scored too many against me, so long may that continue!” said Chris after the game.

“It's nice testing yourself against the best because certainly this year he's been one of the best. That’s our job, to test ourselves against the best and it’s nice to shut him out.

“All I can do is play the games and at the minute I'm playing every game and performing in big games, so I'll just keep doing my job.

“Of course you want to be playing in the summer (at the World Cup). All you can do is let your football do the talking. I think I've been a mainstay in the set-up (at United) for quite a while now and I just want to finish the season as strongly as I can and see what happens.”

Since being left out of Southgate’s early spring squads, there hasn’t been any dialogue with the England boss, as Smalling completes his eighth season at Old Trafford to make him one of the longest servers behind Michael Carrick and Antonio Valencia.

“At the minute there's no conversations and I'm going to keep playing my games,” he said.

“It takes big characters to last so long at United. They're always being linked to every player who has played the game but the manager has faith in you and all the managers have had faith in me.”

The Wembley triumph in the semi-final has kept the Reds' season alive on the trophy front and securing second place in the Premier League is also close to completion.

“City won the league and we had to make sure to give ourselves the best possible chance of winning a trophy and we feel we have done that,” added Smalling.

“Considering how a few months ago it was looking like that was as much as we could have hoped for, at the moment we're achieving those.

“It's just about consistency; I think we have shown more consistency this year. Obviously City have shown ultimate consistency but we're building, especially in the last few months of playing some very big games.

“We knew these months were big games for us and we have won near enough all the big ones, so I think we're going to build up a lot of confidence going into next year.

“For now, the FA Cup final gives us a carrot at the end of the season. Not only are we playing for second, but we’re playing for final places so we have a lot to drive us forward.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
12-05-2018, 10:33 PM
Setelah Kunci Posisi Kedua di Liga, MU Menatap Piala FA
Femi Diah - detikSport

https://akcdn.detik.net.id/community/media/visual/2018/05/12/60909b79-d2f4-43b8-9a9f-3ac50606ba5b_169.jpeg?w=780&q=90

Manchester - Bek Manchester Uniited, Chris Smalling, bertekad untuk meraih trofi Piala FA musim ini. itu harga mutlak.

MU telah memastikan posisi sebagai runner-up di Premier League usai diimbangi West Ham United. Dalam pertandingan di London Stadium, Jumat (11/5/2018) dini hari WIB pertandingan 0-0.

Smalling menyebut tugas di liga sudah selesai. Kini, mereka pun bsia mengalihkan fokus menghadapi final Piala FA.

Di ajang itu, MU berebut trofi dengan Chelsea. Pertandingan final bakal dihelat di Stadion Wembley pada 19 Mei.

"Tugas sudah selesai. Kami menyadari peringkat kedua menajdi target terbaik yang bisa didapatkan," kata Smalling seperti dikutip Sky Sport.

"Jika kami bisa finis kedua dan memenangi trofi maka kami bisa menutup musim dengan menyenangkan," dia menambahkan.

Selain final Piala FA, MU masih menyisakan satu pertandingan. Yakni, menjamu Watford di Old Trafford pada 13 Mei.

Andi Istiabudi
05-09-2018, 02:18 AM
SMALLING: WE HAD TO STAND TALL AND DELIVER

Chris Smalling has spoken of Manchester United's determination to rise above any recent criticism when the team stepped out at Burnley on Sunday and he says everyone was delighted to come away with a deserved three points and clean sheet.

Smalling was part of what Jose Mourinho described as “crucial triangle” in the 2-0 victory, along with central defensive partner Victor Lindelof and Marouane Fellaini, who sat just in front of the back four.

On the back of two very disappointing results against Brighton and Tottenham, Smalling revealed the team had worked hard on tactical play ahead of the Turf Moor clash and the players were pleased with how everything came together, even though he admits the Reds could have scored more.

“We had a lot of chances in both halves and if it had been five or six I don’t think anyone could have argued. The good thing is we’re getting those chances, similar to the last game, and hopefully we can continue to score them,” Smalling told MUTV.

“With us not having a game in the week, we’d been able to work on a lot of patterns of play and you could see them coming out and finishing with the goals, so we were happy with that.

“We deserved a clean sheet and going down to 10 men makes it that bit more difficult. Last season we picked up a lot of clean sheets and this year we’ve conceded early goals. We need to get back what we’ve done in the last few seasons when we’ve conceded very few goals, like on Sunday.

“United is an easy topic of conversation for all fans and it’s not often that we go into games off the back of two defeats,” added Chris. “It was down to us players to stand up tall and get a result, and we’re very happy with the win.”

The 28-year-old also thanked the United fans for another incredible show of support throughout the afternoon at Turf Moor.

“Right from the warm-up they didn’t stop singing,” declared Smalling. “They travel so far and all over the place to cheer us on and we wanted to give them that win that they deserve.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
16-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Gagal fokus dengan model rambut baru Smalling :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/NINTCHDBPICT000434120272.jpg?w=960

Andi Istiabudi
18-09-2018, 10:09 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2exxy07.jpg

Chris Smalling believes Manchester United's consecutive, morale-boosting away wins have set a solid platform at the start of a key period of games.

The Reds have emerged victorious from testing trips to Burnley and Watford in the Premier League either side of the international break, winning 2-0 at Turf Moor before Saturday’s 2-1 success at Vicarage Road.

Smalling feels that Jose Mourinho’s men can sustain the feel-good factor heading into a crucial run of matches in different competitions, starting with Wednesday’s first UEFA Champions League Group H game away at Young Boys.

It promises to be a tough test as the Swiss outfit are bound to be up for what is their first match at this stage of Europe’s elite competition, and they play on an artificial surface – something Chris has experienced before.

“I have played on a 3G pitch for England against Lithuania a couple of times,” the defender told reporters. “We will be travelling over a little earlier to make sure we train on that pitch [at the Stade de Suisse] so we can get used to it but, on the back of two away wins, I think we can build that momentum at a crucial time of the month where there are so many games.”

The Reds have responded to back-to-back defeats against Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur with a steely determination and maximum points from both games played in September so far.

When asked about the team’s mentality, Chris said: “I think it has definitely come together in the last couple of games. Obviously, Burnley was comfortable through the whole game; the first half [against Watford] was comfortable and the second was about digging in when we knew we weren't always going to have it our own way, but all credit to all 11 players out there.”

I JUST THOUGHT 'WHY NOT'?

Less than three minutes after Romelu Lukaku had opened the scoring in the first half at Watford, Smalling added to it with a stunning volley, which proved to be the decisive goal after Andre Gray pulled one back for the Hornets after the break.

“You are just hoping it falls to you and I just chested it quite high and I thought 'why not'? I just lashed at it and luckily it went in,” Chris explained, after latching on to Marouane Fellaini’s knockdown from an Ashley Young corner.

“If any [of my team-mates] had money on me to score a volley, then I’m sure they’ll win, but we have been working a bit on set-plays, not volleys. I think we have a lot of height in our team and I don’t think we threaten enough at set-plays, so it was good that we caused a few problems.”

DAVID IS ALWAYS THERE!

Smalling’s goal may not have been so crucial had it not been for David De Gea’s stunning save to deny Christian Kabasele’s header late on – and Chris feels the Spaniard’s contribution, after having a largely quiet game, only serves to illustrate that he’s the best in the business.

“Ultimately, for most of the game, he didn't have much to do, but what makes him one of the best in the world is that he doesn't have much to do and stands up in the last minute when it is a crucial time, and that's where the best goalkeepers are,” our no.12 commented. “They don’t switch off and David’s always there!

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
13-10-2018, 02:02 AM
SMALLING IMPRESSED BY UNITED YOUNGSTERS

Chris Smalling has been impressed by the way a number of young Manchester United players have conducted themselves when given the opportunity to train with the first team this week.

A group of youngsters from the Academy have linked up with the first-team players who are not involved with their countries during the current international break.

Working closely with the young Reds has brought back memories for Chris, who feels it’s a chance for them to experience how Jose Mourinho’s team go about their daily business at the Aon Training Complex.

“It’s great to see their energy,” our no.12 told MUTV’s Mark Sullivan. “It reminds you of when you were that young and you wanted to come in. We’ve had quite a lot of young players in and it’s nice to see. There must have been at least seven, eight or nine of the young ones.

“Again we’ll train with them tomorrow – I think we’re playing a bigger [sided] game. It gives every one of them an opportunity to see that pathway through [to the first team].”

'YOU TRAIN HARD IN THE WEEK AND HAVE THE WEEKEND OFF'

Eleven senior Reds are away with their national teams but the rest of Jose’s squad have reported for duty at the Aon Training Complex to continue working on their fitness, before preparations for the trip to Chelsea on Saturday 20 October step up next week.

Explaining the players’ typical programme during the international break, Chris said: “This week it will be smaller and more intense activities. For example, there were quite a lot of small possession games yesterday. We'll do three-a-side, four-a-side, five-a-side, and it will be really more intense than, say, the week heading up to a game, because obviously you can get a lot more fitness in.”

He went on: “Today we did quite a lot of one v ones, two v twos and small games like that, but it’s really more for fitness – getting work in that you can't get in, say, when you have two games in a week.

“Quite often you train during the week and then – depending what the schedule is – you sometimes have Saturday and Sunday off so you can enjoy the weekend, and then we’ll train from Monday all the way up to Chelsea. But you train very hard during the week and then have the weekend off.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
27-10-2018, 04:34 PM
SMALLING: I'LL BE PROUD TO JOIN UNITED'S 300 CLUB

If Chris Smalling plays a part during this weekend's Premier League match with Everton, he will become just the 59th player in the club's 140-year history to make 300 appearances.

We spoke to Chris during the recent international break to discuss his eight years in M16 so far and what makes Manchester United so special. The full interview will appear in Sunday's United Review, the matchday programme at Old Trafford...

A SPECIAL CONNECTION
“The sheer size of the club... it's a club that's always used to winning trophies and being successful, and is probably the most talked about club in the world. To be able to play your part is an amazing feeling. You see ex-players like Rio [Ferdinand] talking in Twitter videos, and often he's coming to our games if he's doing his punditry, and you can tell that this club is definitely still his club. That's how I think I'm always going to feel, because this club has been such a big part of my career, and I hope it is for as long as it's possible.”

A PLACE IN HISTORY
“It's hard to sit back and just go through your whole career, because everything's always moving so fast. But the odd milestone is always a nice moment, and when you look at the previous players to have hit those kind of milestones, it's nice to be in that company. There are some big names [to have played 300 games]. Just to be able to be at a club like Manchester United for so long... when I first joined, you never know how it's going to turn out. It makes me very proud that a club like Manchester United have wanted me to be here as long as I have been.”

WHERE THE HEART IS
“Old Trafford... that's what really gets the hairs on the back of our necks up. It's a great feeling to play here. You can be in the 80th minute and you could be tired, but when you hear that crowd you almost feel fully re-energised. Obviously we have a huge stadium, and when we're playing well and the fans are up, like they were against Newcastle, you can see the proof: a team like Newcastle can just wilt because they can't stand the pressure. That's the cauldron we need to create more often with our performances.”

REDS ON THE ROAD
“Our away fans are fantastic as well. We can go away to so many different stadiums and have such a small section, but they're often the loudest. No matter the result, they're singing - whether we're a goal up or a goal down. Travelling away as an away fan, you have to take so much time off, and there are so many travel commitments. It's a massive credit to them that they come and travel, not just in this country but all over the world.”

FAVOURITE GOAL
“Being able to score right in front of our fans in the Manchester derby... it's going to be very hard to beat that moment. You can win a trophy, but in the heat of that moment, scoring the winner was such an amazing feeling. There was a bit of everything in there. Everyone was talking about them winning the title that day, it was my mistake for their first goal as well, plus the fact we needed the win. For it all to come into one moment... it's just something that you'll remember forever.”

FAVOURITE MEMORY
“Maybe my first title [2010/11 season]. Joining a club of such big stature and trying to make my mark was very daunting, but it was something I enjoyed. I played a lot more games [33] in that first season than I could even have thought of. To be able to play my part in my first trophy - I can remember lifting it in the middle of the pitch and I had all my family there. That just really got me hungry for more.”

www.manutd.com

roodee_UID
05-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Apa yg kepikir dengan Pemain yang satu ini?

zudomiriku
22-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Manchester United keen to extend Chris Smalling's stay as they open talks over new £120,000-a-week deal

* Chris Smalling is currently on £80,000 a week but he is looking for more money
* Manchester United can activate a 12-month extension on his current deal
* Smalling's future is uncertain and Jose Mourinho has tried to sign a centre back
* Ander Herrera is also in talks and is unhappy with his recent contract offer

Manchester United have opened contract talks with Chris Smalling in a bid to keep the defender at Old Trafford.

Smalling's current £80,000-a-week deal runs out in the summer and it's understood that he is looking to increase that figure to closer to £120,000.

United have the option of activating a 12-month extension on Smalling's contract, although the club would prefer to agree fresh terms before the end of the season.

The future of United's central defenders - Smalling, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Victor Lindelof - has been uncertain for some time with Jose Mourinho making no secret of his plans to strengthen in that department.

Smalling, who turns 29 on Thursday, has been linked with a move to Everton in the summer even though it's understood that he would only consider joining a Champions League club.

He also suffered the disappointment of losing his England place going into the World Cup after Gareth Southgate claimed that he was not good enough at playing the ball out from the back.

However, Smalling has been one of United's most consistent defenders during a difficult start to the season after forging a partnership with Lindelof, and Mourinho is keen to keep him at the club.

The United boss still wants another centre back in the January transfer window after being frustrated in his attempts to sign Toby Alderweireld, Jerome Boateng and Harry Maguire in the summer, but would prefer to wait until the end of the season before selling one of his current squad to make room.

https://i.postimg.cc/3JmkzXPD/6487564-6415515-Chris-Smalling-is-hoping-for-improved-terms-on-h.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling is hoping for improved terms on his current £80,000-a-week contract. Manchester United have the option of extending Smalling's contract by 12 months

There could still be an issue between Mourinho, who wants an experienced defender, and the Old Trafford hierarchy who would prefer a younger signing with the potential to develop. United were once again linked with Fiorentina's 21-year-old Serbia international Nikola Milenkovic in Italy on Wednesday.

Smalling is one of eight United players - the others are David de Gea, Anthony Martial, Antonio Valencia, Jones, Matteo Darmian, Andreas Pereira and James Wilson - who have a 12-month option that can be triggered by the club before their contracts expire in the summer.

However, Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Ashley Young will all be free agents unless they can agree new terms.

Herrera, in particular, is understood to be unhappy with the offer that has made so far. It's believed to represent only a slight increase on his current £75,000-a-week deal and is little better than the contracts being offered to the younger members of the squad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6415515/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-talks-new-120-000-week-deal.html

Young, Smalling, habis ini kontrak pemain senior (kalo gak mo disebut veteran) mana lagi yg mo diperpanjang? Jones gak sekalian?

Andi Istiabudi
22-11-2018, 11:50 PM
https://scontent.fcgk7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46499092_10156152723172746_5098411924526202880_n.j pg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeG4A6ldlD3QTCpQtbvdZdd_KUe0FQlZ1o9N_-QjKqNA4uMTiY0jEAoqndemnLYGSIb6shoZfaDv9HGI5hLr-vt6ERzZWxENdYdKcVbBYjtlz4DaIzpTVFG5S_TEYKgKQmw&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgk7-1.fna&oh=e16737fe9c723c115fcd93982eccbdf3&oe=5CB12D96

Andi Istiabudi
07-12-2018, 05:37 AM
Tetap semangat, Bro!

SMALLING: WE DESERVED ANOTHER GOAL

Chris Smalling played through the pain barrier to complete the entirety of United's 2-2 draw with Arsenal – a game the defender described as “intense from zero to 90 minutes”.

Afterwards, he spoke exclusively to MUTV's Stewart Gardner. Scroll down to hear what United's no.12 had to say...

In the end, is that a good point? Or are you frustrated not to take all three?

“I think we’re frustrated. We took the initiative in both halves – especially in the second half. We were on the front foot and put them on the back foot. I thought maybe our aggression and intensity deserved another goal.”

There seemed to be a real high press and a lot of energy about the United team this evening – particularly the front three. Was that the plan tonight?

“Yeah, it was. We knew that they take risks from the back, that we’d be presented chances, and we knew that if we got after them we’d make it uncomfortable for them, and I felt like they were pretty uncomfortable for most of the night.”

Going behind is a bit of a habit for us but we keep on coming back, which I guess shows the spirit…

“Yeah. I think their first was a scrappy goal and, yeah, we were on the back foot again, but this team never gives up and you can see that.”

It sounded like you were struggling for the game – what has been your situation?

“I was a major doubt and I’ve not trained too much, but we’re in a time where the team comes first, and I’d give everything I can to get on that pitch and to help the boys as much as I can.”

There were quite a few players who hadn’t played for a while, some who probably weren’t fully fit, but still, for 96 minutes, they gave everything…

“You could probably say our whole backline has not played many minutes. I think it’s just important that everyone does what they can to make themselves available for the game, and has as much treatment and care as they can during the week.”

Dalot started his first Premier League game as well – were you impressed with him?

“Yeah, I was. He was very good, and so was Marcos [Rojo] and Eric , who haven’t played so much either. To come into a game of that intensity – it wasn’t just spells of intensity, it was pretty much intense from zero to 90 minutes – it was very impressive.”

[B]Did it feel intense when you were out there? It was certainly intense to watch!

“It was, and it really ramped up in that second half. It was quite end-to-end. You could see how much three points meant to both of us, so we were going for it. If we can bring that intensity to each game, it really lifts the crowd, because you could see how much they were vibing off it.”

Marcos hasn’t kicked a ball at all this season for United, but it showed what it means for him to play here…

“He’s been so unlucky with injuries, but you could see his aggression, his quality on the ball, and to be able to come into a game of this magnitude and high profile and put on the performance he has is very impressive.”

Are you still hopeful that by the early part of the New Year we will be closer to the top four?

“Yes. We have to decrease this gap that we’ve got right now, and we’ve had a few too many draws. But there are many games coming up, and it’s just about closing that gap now and getting within touching distance.”

Are you going to rest up for the weekend now and try and get ready for the next game in a few days?

“I think I won’t be doing much up until the next game [in terms of training] but I’ll be doing everything I can to make myself available.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
16-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Selamat atas kontrak barunya, Chris !
Semoga kelak sampai pensiun dan gantung sepatu di United :)

https://scontent.fcgk7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48254000_10156202892447746_1235238993830871040_n.j pg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeFEl5LacsR3FPsIJzgANJodwV2k5c2uNBJDYUKBk X5yFYm1xC8839ZgPG2lvHzT7jiLLscelJE3ACM6Vwn2nLzsRJg s4zd4VjQIBVk2bPTDAol7B65Mt8ar4Eqj_lw38mc&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgk7-1.fna&oh=bf9965fb12a7a338f4873290f3f9ffd3&oe=5C950762

Andi Istiabudi
05-01-2019, 03:28 PM
SMALLING VALUES UNITED'S HISTORY IN THE FA CUP

Chris Smalling believes Manchester United's pedigree in the Emirates FA Cup has been restored in recent seasons.

The Reds have won the famous trophy 12 times – a record bettered only by Arsenal, who have one more triumph to their name. We also hold the joint-record of most appearances in the final with the Gunners having reached the showpiece on 20 occasions, including twice in the last three seasons.

The latest road to Wembley begins this afternoon (Saturday) when Championship side Reading visit Old Trafford in the third round, as they did in 2017 when the Reds ran out comfortable 4-0 winners.

After a long barren spell without lifting the FA Cup, United won the competition in 2016 and came close to replicating that triumph last term, only to suffer a narrow defeat against Chelsea in the final.

Speaking to United Review ahead of today’s tie against the Royals, Chris believes the Reds’ recent record in cup competitions should stand us in good stead in our bid to go one better this time around.

“We won it [the FA Cup] back in 2016 and reached the final last year – and of course we won the Europa League and the Carabao Cup as well, so that’s at least one cup final in each of the last three seasons,” said Smalling, in his exclusive interview with the club’s official matchday programme.

“I think, in general, we stand ourselves in very good positions when we go up against teams over 90 minutes in cup ties. I think that experience we’ve had over the last few years in all of the cup competitions is very useful and tees us up nicely for another crack at the FA Cup this year.”

The Reds have won 17 of our last 22 FA Cup ties, drawing two and losing three. Incidentally, the last two teams to knock us out before the final, both at the quarter-final stage, have gone on to reach the showpiece themselves – Arsenal won the competition in 2014/15 and Chelsea were runners-up in 2016/17 before losing to the Gunners at Wembley.

However, as we embark on hopefully another prolonged FA Cup campaign, Chris feels the unpredictable and open nature of the competition makes it so thrilling for players to be involved in.

“I think it just brings pure excitement for you,” he added. “No matter what happened the previous year – whether you won the cup or whether it brought you disappointment – it’s like a fresh start all over again and you’ve no idea who you’re going to get in the draw. That’s what makes it so exciting.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
10-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Menurut teman-teman ??? :D

https://scontent.fcgk7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51214594_1385194818286896_5140299301750046720_n.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeHBG27rlHDs-xjf1Ir1fAwVBKNL9otODRJSzpPzpwdVYvwmHXJS-Tu9f0oDJk2YqMNv-NcW5_oIreurKvdCV19yqoPE93u_GQiuhr325yVx2rL4zeqohM4 PqkfHaOoPl3g&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgk7-1.fna&oh=34a94bf09fcce4642f469e1ef90d6230&oe=5CFAB7C3

Andi Istiabudi
10-02-2019, 10:43 PM
SMALLING: THE MOOD IS AS GOOD AS EVER

Chris Smalling made an impressive return to first-team action in Saturday's 3-0 win at Fulham and the defender insists his Manchester United team-mates are “relishing” the tough run of fixtures ahead.

Our no.12 made his first appearance in two months, with his previous outing also against Fulham in a 4-1 win at Old Trafford in December, and helped the Reds to keep a clean sheet against his former club.

Paul Pogba's double, either side of a wonderful Anthony Martial solo strike, gave the Reds a comfortable victory at Craven Cottage which took Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side into the top four. And Smalling was pleased with the way United won after a tough opening to the game.

“The first 10 minutes was quite chaotic with the wind, the pitch wasn’t great and with [Aleksandar] Mitrovic and his style. I had to wake up and get focussed really quickly but, yes, it was nice to come back and get involved with the team, given the form that we are in,” he told MUTV.

“We needed to ride out that first 10 minutes and then every time we got the ball down and broke those lines, you could see Anthony [Martial] Paul [Pogba], Rom [Romelu Lukaku] it looked like we could score every time. I thought we created some great chances.”

'POGBA HAS GOT EVERYTHING'

Paul grabbed the headlines, and our Man of the Match award, after another stellar display - and Smalling is not surprised that the Frenchman is now displaying his immense talent. The centre-back also had some positive words about Pogba's fellow countryman and goalscorer, Martial.

“Paul has got everything, hasn’t he? And he is showcasing that,” Chris continued. “A big reason why we are in this form we are in is down to Paul, because he's not just scoring goals, he is assisting goals and he is controlling games as well, so we are very lucky to have a player like him in our team.

”Especially at the start of the game, we wanted to isolate Anthony [Martial] against the full-back [Denis Odoi] and, after the joy he was getting in the first 10 minutes, we just wanted to feed him as soon as [we could] and you could see the quality he has got.“

'THE FANS MAKE AWAY GAMES FEEL LIKE HOME MATCHES'

Smalling played for Fulham between 2008 and 2010 and he admitted that he enjoyed going back to Craven Cottage, especially when the United fans were in fine voice for the entire game.

“I like to come back to Fulham but, as an away supporter, to be able to get that whole stand, it almost feels like a home game when the fans are at it from the first to the 90th minute. As an away team, it is great to be able to come to an away ground and play in front of them.”

The win over Fulham means that the Reds have now leapfrogged Chelsea into fourth place in the Premier League, at least until the Blues play at Manchester City on Sunday, and Smalling believes it is testament to the form we have shown of late.

“We all knew the task we had in front of us and we all thought it would be tough and we still have a lot to do,” Chris added. “But I think the fact that we have been able to get those points and catch up so quickly is full credit to the squad and how well we have been playing, but now we are in fourth it is ours to lose.”

United now approach a crucial period in the season, with Paris St-Germain visiting Old Trafford on Tuesday evening for the first leg of our UEFA Champions League last-16 tie before the Reds travel back to London to face Chelsea in the Emirates FA Cup and then host fierce rivals Liverpool six days later.

Smalling insists he and his team-mates are well aware of the tests that lie ahead and are “relishing” the challenge, with the mood “as good as ever”.

He added: “We all knew the run of fixtures that we have coming up and we are all relishing that. We knew today it was about character and, if we can get up for PSG and Liverpool, it was about coming here and making sure we got the three points. The mood going into PSG is as good as ever.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
14-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Target Smalling untuk MU: Finis 4 Besar dan Dapat Trofi, Lalu Juara Musim Depan
Redzi Arya Pratama - detikSport

Manchester - Chris Smalling menargetkan Manchester United finis di empat besar dan meraih trofi di musim ini. Untuk titel juara Premier League, musim depan MU akan jadi penantang serius.

Untuk kali pertama di musim 2018/2019, Manchester United masuk posisi empat besar klasemen Liga Inggris. Keberhasilan The Red Devils merangkak naik adalah berkat peran besar Old Gunnar Solskjaer, di mana MU meraih 10 kemenangan dari 11 laga perdana di kompetisi domestik.

Meski sudah masuk empat besar, MU masih tertinggal jauh dari Manchester City dan Liverpool di posisi teratas. Saat peluang menjadi juara sudah (nyaris) tertutup, MU ditarget untuk finis di empat besar dan meraih trofi di akhir musim nanti.

Untuk musim depan, MU diyakininya akan bisa bersaing jadi juara lagi.

"Butuh waktu untuk sampai ke sana (juara liga). Tapi, dalam dua bulan terakhir evolusi kami sangat baik. Kami akan ke sana (kandang PSG) dan memberikan segalanya karena ini masih jauh dari kata selesai. Kemudian musim depan kami memulai kembali, terutama di liga. Karena menurut saya, di saat itu, kami siap menjadi penantang," ujar Smalling pada acara Football Beyond Borders dikutip Sky Sports.

"Saya pikir dengan perubahan yang sudah terjadi, mudah-mudahan kami bisa menyelesaikan musim ini dengan trofi dan masuk ke empat besar. Tapi hanya lolos ke Liga Champions bukanlah harapan kami tiap tahunnya."

"Jika kami bisa terus bermain seperti sekarang dan tetap berkembang, saya pikir musim panas dengan pramusimnya akan menjadi momen kami menjelma kembali menjadi top, mudah-mudahan," tuturnya.

Selain Premier League (yang meski sulit namun secara matematis masih bisa diraih), peluang MU meraih gelar terbuka di Piala FA dan Liga Champions. Di Piala FA Paul Pogba dkk akan menghadapi Chelsea di babak kelima pada akhir pekan ini. Sementara di Liga Champions mereka harus membalas kekalahan 0-2 atas PSG untuk bisa lolos ke delapan besar.

Riskur
16-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Manchester United player Chris Smalling opens up on Solskjaer meetings and his inspiring journey

Chris Smalling is not your average footballer and his upbringing is influencing the Man Utd defender's latest charity venture.
https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article15829415.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/1_JS175060040.jpg
Chris Smalling speaks at Salford City Academy
The sun is shining, schoolchildren are cheering and Chris Smalling is smiling. The dust is still settling on Manchester United's defeat to Paris Saint-Germain 20 hours earlier but Smalling is in a breezy mood on a mild Wednesday as he takes selfies and signs autographs at Salford City Academy.

Just before the five-a-side games commence at the Eccles high school, an enthusiastic schoolboy asks Smalling to sign his forehead and the chuckling defender obliges. The ecstatic lad's Cheshire Cat grin is captured by the MEN's photographer.

Smalling is back at school to spread the word about Football Beyond Borders (FBB), a Brixton-based education charity using football to inspire youngsters from disadvantaged backgrounds. Smalling is the ideal figurehead; an articulate footballer who overcame a testing childhood to earn a place at Loughborough University to do financial economics, a course his brother, Jason, began two years ago.

The Smalling siblings' upbringing was not as serene as some have assumed. Smalling was 11 when his father, Lloyd, passed away. He and Jason were raised by their mother on benefits and the family was reliant on council housing. Smalling was once dropped from his youth team after his mother was unable to support the cost of bus travel to and from training.
https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article15829436.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_JS175059990.jpg
Smalling signs a schoolboy's forehead
That sobering childhood motivated Smalling to secure GCSEs and A-Levels in anticipation of three years at university. He was five weeks away from starting his course. Then Fulham spotted Smalling at Maidstone United aged 18.

"One of the things which struck me straight away is that for a lot of them this programme is the only stable thing in their lives," the 29-year-old says of FBB while holding court in a classroom. "You hear a lot of kids say it's changed their lives and so it’s something I wanted to get involved in.

"When I heard they were expanding and coming to Manchester - Manchester has been my home for the last nine years and hopefully a lot more years - so it just seemed the perfect fit."
https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article15836326.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_JS175060013.jpg
One happy fan
Smalling has spent nearly a decade in Manchester and in December signed a four-year contract with United. His wife, Sam, is Mancunian and the couple's sincerity for charitable causes is only trumped by how proactive they are with them.

Last year, Smalling raised £29,000 for the Barnabus Christian charity and served food for homeless and socially deprived visitors at their Christmas party. Sam slept rough for a night to raise funds for The Mustard Tree charity and the couple, who own two dogs, are heavily involved with the Dogs Trust, which Smalling visited last month. Smalling has also championed Peta.

"I think you see some footballers do things more towards the back of their careers," Smalling explains. "Whereas I think I’m at that age where I’m more experienced. I wanted to try and do more because I’m in such a privileged position. Me and my wife, we picked a few different areas where we felt we could help."

Smalling's empathy puts him in a unique position and he talks about his hope he can 'relate' to the children through the FBB programme. "You aren’t sometimes in the privileged position when you’re growing up," he explains. "That life’s against you and that you’re never really going to achieve whatever young dream you have, so programmes like this are massively important to - like you say - bring that divide closer and make every kid realise they have a chance."

As if further confirmation were needed Smalling is not your archetypal footballer, he embarks on the kind of holidays that would appeal to backpackers - last year, he visited Thailand, Vietnam Peru - and is vegan. That topic lifts the mood in the room, especially when one of the reporters reveals their unlikely penchant for plant-based foods.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-chris-smalling-interview-15829599

Andi Istiabudi
17-02-2019, 09:48 AM
https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/11/198/771737/Smalling_FBB_HR-111550155603829_large.jpg

SMALLING: I'M FULLY HEALED FROM MY BROKEN TOE

Chris Smalling is being treated carefully after his lay-off due to a foot injury, but the Manchester United defender is hoping to be involved in Monday's Emirates FA Cup fifth-round tie at Chelsea.

The centre-back sat out the 2-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain in midweek after making his return on the pitch against his former club Fulham last weekend. After being troubled by the problem for some time, he is now firing on all cylinders and just needs to improve his match fitness.

Speaking at an event promoting his Football Beyond Borders project at Salford City Academy, he told MUTV: “I’m fully healed from the broken toe now. It was good to be available again on Saturday and get that game under my belt. It’s just about managing my next game and getting back up to match fitness. Hopefully, I’ll be available for all the games until the end of the season.

“Through the Fulham and Arsenal [home] games, I had injections and then I had more injections for the Liverpool game [at Anfield] but it made the injury worse. So then it was a case of getting it right and getting back as soon as I can but, first and foremost, making sure it was right.

“When the injury got worse, I needed to recover. It was unfortunate I couldn’t get involved [when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took caretaker charge] but it was good to see the team flourishing and nice to get involved as soon as I got back to fitness, to be able to play a game and get involved as quickly as possible.

“The plan was to play against Fulham. Obviously, Tuesday was a bit too quick in succession to that as I’m making sure I can build up my match fitness as quickly as possible and, hopefully, I’ll be involved in the next one.

“Yeah, I think it does help [that Ole sometimes picks his teams in advance]. It’s nice to get your head mentally around it. Obviously, Ole’s been talking with the medical staff and it was always lined up that Fulham would be my first game back so I almost had that vision and the goal that would be the game I could make my comeback in.”

As for the next game, against Fulham’s neighbours Chelsea, the preparation has already started in earnest for a tactical battle against Maurizio Sarri’s troops at Stamford Bridge. United may not have the best recent record at the Blues’ home patch but Ole and his coaches will be hoping to mastermind another win in the capital after victories at Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Fulham during his tenure.

“This year, we’re making sure we get a trophy and, on Monday, we’ll be going all for it,” added Smalling.

”The record at Chelsea, you’re right, we’ve not had too many good results there but I thought, earlier in the season, we were so close to winning until the last dying seconds. In general, we played quite well there so let’s kick on and improve on that performance.

”Even if it wasn’t for both of our results we’ve had, I think it would be built up to be a big game anyway. The fact it’s Monday night as well means it’s got the whole world watching. They’ll be looking to improve on last weekend’s result [at Manchester City], as we will [after PSG], so it’s a big game all around.“

After the disappointment in Europe, the aim is now to extend the unbeaten domestic run beyond 11 games. There is plenty of time to prepare for the FA Cup clash and work will be undertaken at the Aon Training Complex by the coaches to ensure a plan is in place to knock out the current holders.

“It’s something where, the next day after PSG, the full focus goes on to Chelsea and, obviously, we’ve got all the way up until Monday now,” he explained. “It’s almost drip fed that we’ll have a little bit of video each morning and then have different unit meetings – the defenders, midfielders and attackers – and pinpoint little elements so that, come the game, we’ll be fully prepared for everything they throw at us.

”I think there are many things we’ll be working on, be it attacking, defending, different moments in a game, our mentality in different games. Especially managing different times in games too. There are lots of things to learn but the good thing is we get to work on it every day and improve.”

And what is life like under the caretaker manager? Smalling agrees that Solskjaer may not be the always-smiling personality as he comes across in the media because he has what it takes to take charge of the players.

“I think he [Ole] has got that sort of nasty side,” he explained.” I think every manager has that, the so-called hairdryer treatment when things need a little turnaround. A manager has to have all different sides covered. He’s a joy to play under and he’s great.”

The FBB project is one close to Smalling's heart as he recognises the rewards of combining football with education to motivate young people.

“I think it all started when I met Jasper, the co-founder down in Brixton and a had a bit of a tour and met a lot of the kids,” he said. “I spent the whole afternoon getting to know FBB and then it was something I felt really passionate about. It’s something, when I was growing up, that would have been ideal. So when I started speaking and talking about the expansion and Manchester being the first stop, it just felt like the perfect fit.

”Jasper has got very big aspirations and dreams and targets, and so have I. We’re hoping to take it to the whole country, step by step, as we plan to really go big. I think education is the most important thing. Football is the key to bringing everyone together. Ultimately, it’s the education that makes a difference.

“The beauty of FBB is we create a lot of projects and, at the end, there are presentations and other things so, as kids, they can see it from the start to the finish. Whatever projects you were doing, everyone works off having rewards for what they are doing and knowing they are doing well. So we had 20 kids come up for the Brighton game and then I think it was 18 who came to Burnley. So we’re just trying to think of different ways to reward the young people.

”Growing up, I never had any role models as such but I think when I got into the position I am in now, being very fortunate, It was a case of making sure if kids looked up to me, I was a role model, and they could say Chris might be a good player but he did a lot more than just play football.“

www.manutd.com

tumpal_oneunited
17-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Makin aneh aja gaya rambut Smalling ini.
Hahaha..
Semoga aja kemampuan di atas rumput hijaunya makin meningkat.. :))

Andi Istiabudi
18-02-2019, 11:40 PM
https://scontent.fcgk7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51925016_10156359258657746_331711130407796736_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeGGpm_7Y-x9Z0n6V7MtALplUGTrYWNMh-_8ZEfKVTR3NkH4Aj3uf0-DmQe_ofQzBKJlTozYdJrNC8k_BPpJnhk6foCQFU8IXSi5fqUzl YG2y8ppHsCMewNFuVSJWB3T5nI&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgk7-1.fna&oh=d9a109de25c97734b7dfb3a9c9436201&oe=5CEF997C

Andi Istiabudi
09-03-2019, 05:32 AM
https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/11/228/779449/GettyImages-113410875921552044407672_large.jpg

SMALLING EXCLUSIVE: HOW IT FELT TO FIGHT BACK AT PSG

Fresh from his outstanding performance against Paris Saint-Germain, Chris Smalling sat down with us for a detailed review of the miraculous comeback in France, to reflect on what he describes as one of the best nights of his Manchester United career so far.

The 29-year-old produced a commanding display to help thwart PSG’s star-studded attack at the Parc des Princes and, days later, he is still “riding the wave” of jubilation that is positively rippling through the club at all levels. As he explains, the victory has provided a major boost for the rest of this season…

Chris, Wednesday night felt like everything that is great about Manchester United: overcoming adversity, fighting back and giving youth a chance. How was it for you?
“It was an unbelievable feeling and an unbelievable moment that will galvanise us until the end of the season. We had injuries, the records of not coming back against that deficit, and at a big club like PSG. I think their players thought there was no way, going into the game, that they could lose. I think it all just summed up what this club is about. Obviously, in the changing room afterwards, seeing Sir Alex, seeing Eric [Cantona]... everyone was together and celebrating that moment. I think it was a great time to be part of this club, for sure.”

You mention the names in the dressing room - it was like a who's who of United, with Patrice Evra in there as well. What was the mood like for those 30 minutes afterwards?
“It was bouncing. I think everyone was just taking in what we had achieved in that game. Obviously, there was no trophy at the end of the game, but in terms of games and moments in my career, barring cup finals, that is definitely up there.“

We saw those images of you guys celebrating with the fans in the corner after the goal. What is that like for a player? It just looks crazy...
”Yeah, it is, it's mental. The fact that we could score the winner in front of them, you couldn't have written it any better! After Rashy had scored and we had all gone into the corner, literally, I think I was shouting that much that I felt dizzy! I went into the changing room after and spoke to Luke. I was saying to him how I felt dizzy and he said the same thing as well. Moments like that, it is just a great feeling.“

We started unbelievably well with that early goal and then PSG equalised 10 minutes later. What were you thinking about at that moment?
“When Rom had scored, it gave us some added belief and obviously then they hit back soon after. We just had to relax a little bit and know that we had a game plan, and that we had to stick to it, and that the goal hadn't changed too much in how many goals we needed to get. I think we rode out a little 10-minute storm when they started to come on the front foot, and then we started to get a bit more control again.”

You've told us in the past that you're a fan of VAR and that will still be the case after Wednesday, but how were those four or five minutes of waiting?
“It was pretty chaotic. I think, to be honest, a few of us were telling the ref 'come on, let's get a move on' because a lot of us thought it was a corner and we knew we only had a few minutes left. Then, he said it was VAR, we saw it up on the board and we were looking at a penalty incident. My first instinct was that I was pretty shocked because I didn't even know what it was for, because I was back there [in defence], but it was a testing time. At least it was on the board so everybody knew what was going on. It was quite a wait. But, ultimately, with VAR you are going to have teething problems because we don't play with it every week in England. Ultimately, though, in the long term, I think it will be for the better.”

Did you fancy the penalty?
“[laughs] I think very few can be cool as ice like Rashy to step up then. Full credit to him to take such a good penalty in that crucial moment. It's the sign of a great player.”

A quick word on the youth: we had several youngsters on the trip, and Chongy and Mason got on in the second half. That's a life-changing event, so how were they afterwards?
“They were terrific. Even the other lads on the bench as well - Jimmy [Garner] played the other day, and all of them have trained with us over the last couple of months. A lot of them have trained with us. Them stepping onto the pitch in such a cauldron, like the PSG stadium, it didn't really haunt them or faze them, so it's full credit to their ability as well.”

There was so much talk about PSG's attack and how it was almost impossible to stop Mbappe, and then you and Victor were absolutely immense on the night. That must be so, so satisfying?
“Yeah it is. Going into that game, everyone was talking about their attack and especially Mbappe because of the quality, world-class player that he is. But we knew we had a game-plan as a team to frustrate them at times and know that we would get chances on the counter [attack]. I think we could have scored a couple more goals as well. Ultimately, they might have had more of the ball, but I felt like we had the better chances. Full credit to the whole XI and the game plan, to stick to it despite times when we came under pressure.”

How much did Ole, Mike and the coaching staff inspire that win? Because they were so bullish beforehand about the fact that we could still win...
“In the days running up to it, and in the team talks beforehand, Ole was bringing up a lot of previous memories in terms of what this club has done over the year. And he brought up the Ajax result the night before, which we all watched and we all enjoyed that comeback. It just seemed like everything was set for an unbelievable comeback. The belief that Ole, Mike, Carras and Kieran showed in us, we knew that if they believed in us then we could believe in ourselves, go out there and do it.”

Finally on PSG, I'm really intrigued by the morning after such a massive event, when you're at home, calm and settling down. Are you in disbelief of what happened the night before, and do you come crashing down to earth?
“Yeah. But I've not really come crashing down yet - I am still riding that wave and those good vibes, and I hope to keep riding them all the way into Sunday.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
30-03-2019, 03:35 PM
SMALLING: HOME GAMES ARE KEY TO OUR AMBITIONS

Chris Smalling believes Manchester United's remaining home games will decisively shape what the Reds can achieve this season.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s charges are two points behind fourth-placed Arsenal, and three off Tottenham Hotspur in third, heading into Saturday’s important Premier League match with Watford. Then, after a trip to Wolves, United welcome Spanish champions Barcelona to the Theatre of Dreams for the first leg of our Champions League quarter-final tie.

“I think our results at Old Trafford are going to determine how our season goes,” Smalling told United Review in an exclusive interview, ahead of our first game at the Theatre of Dreams since the 3-2 win over Southampton on 2 March.

“Getting back in front of our fans is exactly what we need.”

The centre-back, who made his 200th Premier League appearance for the club during our recent trip to Arsenal, is wary of the threat posed by this weekend’s visitors, Watford, who are eighth in the table and have also reached the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals under their impressive Spanish manager Javi Gracia.

“They’re a proven Premier League team that is always difficult,” acknowledged the 29-year-old. “Obviously, earlier in the season we were in a different moment, but that was a close game that eventually we won comfortably [Watford were beaten 2-1 at Vicarage Road in September].

“But they’ve got a lot of threats and like to play direct with [Troy] Deeney, and they’ve got some good wingers as well, so we know it’s going to be a tough game. But when we’re at home, we need to get on the front foot and take control.

“Quite often they play two up top, so we know it’s not going to be a team that’s just gonna sit back. I think they’ll come on to us, which will hopefully give us more opportunities to come onto them, so it should make for a very good game.”

Our no.12 smashed home a superb swivel volley to help us seal three points in that last meeting down south – a strike that drew comparisons with a Ruud van Nistelrooy goal at Charlton in November 2005.

“We’d been working on a lot of set plays at that time,” recalled Smalling. “Not necessarily finishes like that! But it was nice to be able to get up and running for the season, and hopefully I can get a few more.”

That goal remains the Greenwich-born player’s solitary effort so far in 2018/19, but he insists he and his colleagues must be ready to take any chance that falls to them in what is sure to be a tight game.

Smalling watched the Hornets’ recent match against league leaders Manchester City, where Gracia’s men held the Blues at 0-0 until half-time and were unfortunate to go behind to Raheem Sterling’s controversial opener after the break. But the defender is adamant that United will need to be similarly clinical today (Saturday).

“I saw the highlights and I think everyone agreed City’s first should have been offside,” he remembers. “But it’s about taking those key moments. The first goal is crucial and then it’s about just asserting ourselves and putting pressure on. Then you know you’re going to create more chances with the team that we’ve got.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
18-06-2019, 05:32 AM
https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/12/43/797588/smalling_suit-4_large.jpg

SMALLING FEELS YOUTH WILL BE GIVEN A CHANCE

Chris Smalling is excited to see which of Manchester United’s young players will make the travelling squad for the summer tour.

The experienced centre-back believes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have a close look at the options available to him within the ranks as he plots a 2019/20 campaign that includes the Europa League.

Tahith Chong, James Garner and Mason Greenwood all made their senior debuts under the manager and, although there is no World Cup or European Championship to affect availability, they will be among those hoping to impress the Norwegian once pre-season training starts in earnest on 1 July.

Smalling is supportive of the younger players, but does appreciate the timing must be absolutely right to blood them.

“It’s a big part of the job,” he replied, when we asked whether his senior role included helping Academy products make the step up to the senior squad. “It makes you remember when you were the young one coming up and feeling a bit daunted because of the star names.

”It's very much an exciting time for them and you want to see them flourish and help them. I’m sure a good number will come on tour and it’s really a time for them to bond with us, and show the manager what they are all about. Ole will definitely give some of them a chance as they’ve been training with us for a long time.

“It is all well and good coming over training with us most of the week, though, but it’s a massive experience getting to know each other off the pitch and building relationships. That’s often the next stage that cements them and makes them feel more confident when they’re on the pitch. Once you know someone, you speak a lot more and demand more. Until you really know someone, it’s hard to demand something from them.”

There is always plenty of talk around United’s youngsters, yet Smalling insists they are in the right place to remain focused on their football.

“It’s not easy as the media always loves to build someone up,” he said. “But, ultimately, it’s about making sure you can keep to those standards. Everyone can have a breakthrough season but it’s about consistency, when you’re tested to see whether you’re the best of the best.

”Ultimately, kids are learning at a young age and need to be mentally strong. It’s all good to have the talent but the mental side is massive as some kids are exposed to that pressure at a very early age now. When I started at Fulham, social media was not as huge as it is now but they started to implement a few little things there. These days, United are very much on it in terms of making sure any kids coming through are not exposed to it too much. We drip feed the interviews they need to do and the manager is very clever as well.

“They can be involved in the squad but then go back to the Reserves and it’s about that evolution. Having a manager like Ole, who is experienced within the club, means United hit the nail on the head with that. Quite often, there can be a clamour from us as fans as well as players, to say 'this kid is great, let’s just throw him in' and everyone is clamouring to do that. But the manager knows the right time to bring them in and take them out.

”Ultimately, they have got long careers ahead of them and you don’t want them to burn out too early or be exposed too soon. The beauty here is we’ve got the best coaches to manage it properly as this club has done year after year.“

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
30-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Serius nih mau dipinjamkan ???

OLE DISCUSSES SMALLING LOAN DEAL

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that a deal for Chris Smalling to join AS Roma on loan is in progress.

Solskjaer told MUTV in an exclusive interview on Friday morning:

“Chris is on his way over [to Italy]. He's flying over to Rome this morning to do a medical and all the final details.

“At the moment we've got six centre-backs and it's just something that popped up towards the end [of the European transfer window] in the last couple of days. Chris fancied the chance to go over there; it's a new experience, new adventure.

“He'll come back better for it because it's a big club, it's a good league. There aren't too many English players who have been playing in Italy so I think he'll enjoy it.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
30-08-2019, 08:05 PM
Bakal reunian dengan Lukaku dan Sanchez lagi nih di Serie-A :D

https://i0.wp.com/romapress.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/4724F395-85C7-44CE-B0DE-EC974811E681.jpeg?fit=1024%2C565&ssl=1

Andi Istiabudi
31-08-2019, 04:20 AM
Sebenarnya agak kaget saja, tidak menyangka pemain senior seperti Smailling dipinjamkan...

SMALLING COMPLETES LOAN MOVE TO ROMA

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has completed a loan move to AS Roma for the remainder of the 2019/20 season.

As we reported earlier today, the centre-back flew out to the Italian capital this morning to undertake a medical and finalise the contractual details.

Speaking to MUTV before his pre-match press conference, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explained the reasons behind the temporary transfer.

“At the moment we've got six centre-backs,” said the manager.

“This is just something that popped up towards the end [of the European transfer window] in the last couple of days.

“Chris fancied the chance to go over there; it's a new experience, new adventure.

“He'll come back better for it because it's a big club, it's a good league. There aren't too many English players who have been playing in Italy so I think he'll enjoy it.”

The confirmation of Chris's move means he's the third senior United player to go out on loan for 2019/20, following Alexis Sanchez's switch to Inter Milan and Joel Pereira's journey to Scottish club Hearts.

Alexis will link up with Romelu Lukaku, who joined Inter in a permanent transfer earlier this month, and the pair could face Smalling in early December when Roma visit San Siro in a key Serie A clash. The return match is scheduled for late April 2020, five games from the end of the Italian league season.

Smalling made 34 appearances for the Reds in all competitions last term, scoring one goal – the strike that proved to be the winner at Vicarage Road when Watford were beaten 2-1.

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
31-08-2019, 04:22 AM
Semoga sukses bermain di Serie-A yaaa :)

https://thumb.vivanews.com/media/frontend/thumbs3/2019/08/31/5d69693a30b13-chris-smalling-diperkenalkan-sebagai-pemain-as-roma_665_374.jpg

Andi Istiabudi
31-08-2019, 06:19 AM
Roma Jadi Tempat Pembuktian Smalling
Mohammad Resha Pratama - detikSport

Roma - Tuntas sudah transfer Chris Smalling ke AS Roma. I Lupi bakal jadi tempat sempurna untuknya membuktikan diri. Smalling akan menghabiskan sisa musim 2019/2020 sebagai pemain klub ibukota itu. Smalling baru saja menuntaskan tes medis untuk kepindahannya.

Tidak ada opsi kontrak permanen dan Roma pun harus membayar 3 juta euro untuk peminjaman Smalling. Roma bakal jadi petualangan baru untuk bek 29 tahun itu.

Sebab, selama ini kariernya selalu dihabiskan di Premier League bersama Fulham dan Manchester United. Sayangnya, performanya dalam beberapa musim terakhir menurun.

Smalling banyak melakukan blunder yang membuatnya dikritik habis. Kedatangan Harry Maguire makin menyulitkannya untuk jadi starter musim ini.

Maka Roma bakal jadi klub yang tepat untuknya unjuk gigi membuktikan bahwa Smalling belum habis.

"Ini kesempatan sempurna untuk saya," ujar Smalling di situs resmi klub.

"Kesempatan merasakan liga baru, dengan tim besar yang punya aspirasi luar biasa, inilah yang saya butuhkan," sambungnya.

"Semoga saja saya bisa sukses di sini. Saya tak sabar bertemu rekan-rekan saya."

rio vander vidic
31-08-2019, 09:49 AM
semoga sukses di italia lord smalling

Andi Istiabudi
01-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Smalling sejak memakai model rambut yang sekarang permainannya jadi tidak sebaik dulu, hehehe... :D

Andi Istiabudi
01-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Interview resmi pertama Smalling dengan media AS Roma..

pH-u9qPH85E

Andi Istiabudi
06-09-2019, 10:52 PM
Smalling Bisa Saja Lebih Lama di Roma
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

https://akcdn.detik.net.id/community/media/visual/2019/09/06/37c4b7f7-9413-455b-9687-4bf4616deac3.jpeg?w=700&q=80

Roma - Chris Smalling mengungkapkan, dirinya bisa saja merumput di Italia lebih lama. Hal itu memungkinkan jika peminjaman Smalling di AS Roma berjalan sukses.

Bek Inggris itu menyeberang ke Roma sebagai pemain pinjaman dari Manchester United untuk musim 2019/20. Smalling dilepas karena kalah bersaing dengan pendatang baru, Harry Maguire, yang lebih dipilih bertandem dengan Victor Lindelof di jantung pertahanan MU.

Dalam kesepakatan transfer Smalling ke Roma tidak disertakan opsi pembelian. Kendati demikian, Smalling tidak menutup peluang untuk menjadi pemain tetap Giallorossi.

"Ini adalah sebuah kesempatan yang datang kepadaku yang amat kuminati, dan aku sangat tidak sabar untuk datang," Smalling mengatakan dalam konferensi pers perkenalannya Jumat (6/9/2019).

"Transfernya terjadi begitu cepat dan sekarang aku fokus pada pertandingan berikutnya, mencoba menyesuaikan diri dengan metode latihan pelatih dan kemudian mudah-mudahan akan memiliki sebuah musim yang bagus."

"Bisa memiliki kesempatan bermain di sebuah klub besar, dan kemudian kalau berlanjut dan klub senang maka aku sudah pasti bisa melihat masa depan yang lebih panjang di Italia," bek tengah berusia 29 tahun itu menambahkan dilansir Sky Sports.

Liga Italia akan kembali setelah jeda internasional. Smalling memungkinkan membuat debutnya di giornata ketiga saat Roma menjamu Sassuolo di Olimpico, 15 September.

Andi Istiabudi
07-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Smalling Sudah Lama Penasaran dengan Liga Italia
Novitasari Dewi Salusi - detikSport

Roma - Chris Smalling akan memulai babak baru di Italia usai gabung AS Roma. Bek asal Inggris itu sudah lama ingin merasakan merumput di Liga Italia.

Smalling dipinjamkan Manchester United ke Roma pada bursa transfer musim panas ini. Ia akan menghabiskan musim 2019/2020 di ibu kota Italia.

Ini jadi kali pertama Smalling berkarier di luar Inggris. Dia mengaku memang sudah lama ingin mencoba merasakan kompetisi di Italia.

"Saya kira Serie A selalu jadi target saya untuk dicoba suatu hari nanti. Karena sebagai bek, jika Anda dapat kesempatan untuk mencicipi Serie A, Anda ingin melakukannya," ujar Smalling dalam konferensi pers saat diperkenalkan sebagai pemain Roma seperti dikutip situs resmi klub.

"Saya kira saya sudah banyak bermain di Premier League dan sekarang saya bisa menghadirkan kualitas yang sudah saya pelajari ke Italia dan itu adalah sesuatu yang saya nantikan."

Smalling didatangkan Roma dengan status pinjaman tanpa opsi permanen. Jadi pemain pinjaman di usia yang sudah tidak muda lagi, 29 tahun, Smalling ingin menjawab kepercayaan yang diberikan Roma kepadanya.

"Saya bukan pemain muda yang harus membuktikan diri, tapi saya suka tantangan baru. Saya melewati masa-masa yang luar biasa di Manchester, tapi kesempatan untuk merasakan liga baru dan bersama klub baru seperti Roma..." kata Smalling.

"Saya tidak suka hidup dengan penyesalan dan ini adalah kesempatan besar. Di Manchester ada ekspektasi tinggi, tapi di Roma juga. Itu tidak mudah, tapi juga tantangan besar."

"Itu memotivasi dan sekarang saya punya kesempatan untuk membuktikan bahwa klub tidak salah sudah mempercayai saya," katanya.

zudomiriku
11-09-2019, 09:50 AM
'I can definitely see a longer-term future in Italy': Chris Smalling hints at permanent Roma switch following loan move from Manchester United

* Chris Smalling made a deadline day loan move from Manchester United
* He had fallen down the pecking order and is now looking for a permanent move
* The defender admitted that he had been very keen to move to Roma

Chris Smalling has already set his sights on leaving Manchester United permanently after sounding out a long term future in Italy.

The defender has joined Roma on a season-long loan from Old Trafford having fallen down the pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

In his official unveiling at a press conference on Friday morning, the former England international targeted settling into life in Serie A which could offer a springboard to a full-time deal.

https://i.postimg.cc/8PBXZgY0/18150338-0-image-a-43-1567771399992.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling has joined Roma from Manchester United on a season-long loan deal. The defender had fallen down the pecking order at Manchester United prior to his move

'This is an opportunity that came to me that I was very interested in, and I was very eager to come,' he said.

'It happened very quickly and now I focus on the next game, getting up to speed with training in terms of the manager's methods and then hopefully have a very good season.

'To be able to have the chance at a big club, and then if it prolongs and the club is happy then I can definitely see a longer-term future in Italy.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7435279/Football-news-Chris-Smalling-hints-permanent-Roma-switch-Manchester-United.html

zudomiriku
25-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Chris Smalling primed for Roma debut against Atalanta as Paulo Fonseca confirms defender has overcome muscle problem

* Chris Smalling is line to make his debut for Roma against Atalanta this week
* The England defender has not made an appearance since joining Italians on loan
* However, Roma boss Paulo Fonseca confirmed he will play a part on Wednesday

Chris Smalling will make his Serie A bow for Roma against Atalanta, Paulo Fonseca has confirmed.

The Manchester United loanee moved to Italy at the end of the summer transfer window, but has yet to feature for the capital outfit after struggling with a muscle problem.

However, on the eve of their clash at the Stadio Olimpico, the Roma boss has confirmed the England international is finally available to take to the pitch.

https://i.postimg.cc/HnRJd30n/18872032-0-image-a-156-1569333474373.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling is primed to make his debut for Roma against Atalanta on Wednesday evening

Asked about Smalling's participation, Fonseca said: 'He'll play tomorrow.'

Smalling recently spoke about his decision to leave Manchester United this summer, insisting it would have been the easy option for him to stick around at Old Trafford.

'If I had stayed I would have taken on that challenge and I would have been very confident that I would have played the number of games that I was worthy of,' he told the Telegraph.

'Equally I have a challenge here at Roma. Going back [at the end of the season] I will have an added element that some of the centre-backs won't have.

'The easy decision was to stay.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7499077/Chris-Smalling-primed-Roma-debut-against-Atalanta.html

zudomiriku
26-09-2019, 09:41 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/t42vXzyt/18930680-7504321-image-a-25-1569437743299.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling got his loan spell at Roma off to a disappointing start as he tasted defeat

https://i.postimg.cc/cLs5yzqL/18929146-7504321-image-a-8-1569433910061.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Smalling, who is on loan from Manchester United, tracks his man during the first half

Andi Istiabudi
01-10-2019, 06:47 AM
SMALLING'S BIG DAY

MANCHESTER UNITED loanee Chris Smalling turned in brilliant man-of-the-match display as Roma beat Lecce 1-0 on Sunday.

After losing his first game as a Roma player 2-0 against Atalanta, Smalling was in dominant form in Sunday's 1-0 win.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/NINTCHDBPICT000526536527-e1569773233240.jpg?w=620

The ex-England star, 29, was the game leader in terms of clearances, recoveries, blocks, interceptions and even shots taken.

Smalling won all seven of his aerial duels and boasted a 100 per cent tackle success rate.

He made ten recoveries, three headed clearances, two interceptions and a pair of blocks to go with his four shots.

The former Maidstone United defender was given the Man of the Match award to boot as Roma climbed to fifth in the Serie A standings.

The only spot on his record for the game was the fact he picked up a yellow card.

It's been an interesting weekend for Man Utd's loanees in the Serie A - after Alexis Sanchez went from hero to villain for Inter Milan.

First of all, the Chilean flop scored on his full debut to equal his Premier League from all of last season.

Sanchez was also involved in another Inter goal, after team-mate Sensi's long-range effort deflected off his back and into the net.

But he was then sent off after picking up a second yellow card for diving as Inter ran out 3-1 winners.
It has now been revealed Sanchez has cut all ties with the Man Utd squad having been shipped out on loan.

A club source revealed: "It’s as if he was never here."

Smalling is said to still keep in touch on the players' group thread, though.

www.thesun.co.uk

zudomiriku
30-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Manchester United yet to hold talks with Roma over permanent deal for Chris Smalling as defender plans to take stock next summer

* Chris Smalling is said to have impressed at Roma and has kept two clean sheets
* He has played five games for following his loan spell from Manchester United
* Roma were now said to be keen on signing the centre-back on a permanent deal

Manchester United have yet to hold talks with Roma over a permanent deal for Chris Smalling.

The 29-year old is enjoying a season on loan in Serie A and speculation has been rife in Italy that Roma have instigated discussions with United already over a January transfer.

United's head of development John Murtough met with Roma on Friday but Sportsmail understands that was merely to check on Smalling's progress and that there has been no negotiation initiated yet over making the move permanent.

https://i.postimg.cc/gJq6tbJ4/20215402-7623005-Chris-Smalling-is-said-to-have-impressed-Roma-e.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling is said to have impressed Roma enough for them to open talks over a transfer. The former Fulham centre back found himself surplus to requirements at Old Trafford

Smalling has only played six games and is enjoying his time in Rome particularly after Sunday's win over AC Milan. However, as it stands, he intends to see out the season and return to Old Trafford before taking stock of his next move.

Roma are fifth in the table, six points off leaders Juventus, despite being disrupted by an early season injury crisis.

That saw them invite free agent Jack Rodwell to train with them last week ahead of a potential move, yet a deal was looking unlikely as of Monday evening with Roma coach Paulo Fonseca preferring to stick with defender Gianluca Mancini in a holding midfield role.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7623005/Chris-Smalling-expected-return-Manchester-United-loan-expires.html

zudomiriku
31-10-2019, 09:37 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/zfW8gnvm/20402864-0-image-a-87-1572480086429.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Smalling was left unmarked at the far post when a corner came in and he directed in

https://i.postimg.cc/VkJYYyck/20402856-0-image-a-86-1572480082563.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling celebrates scoring his first goal for Roma and his side's second against Udinese

zudomiriku
01-11-2019, 10:04 AM
'I'll be a better player when I go back to Manchester': Chris Smalling hints he does not expect permanent Roma deal and won't to rule out England return... but admits he does not expect Gareth Southgate to call on him in the future

* Chris Smalling thinks his chances of being selected for England are 'slim'
* Manchester United central defender is on loan at Roma for this season
* He will not give up on Three Lions and hopes he can return from Italy improved

Chris Smalling has hinted that he will not sign for Roma permanently as he hopes to return to Manchester United as a better player.

The central defender has made a solid start to life in the Eternal City after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer deemed him surplus to requirements this season.

Smalling has also fallen down the pecking order in Gareth Southgate's eye but hopes that he can impress sufficiently in Serie A to come back into the England reckoning.

He told the Athletic: 'I won't close the door on England until I've hung up my boots but the chances seem slim under Southgate regardless of how well I've done at United or here.

'That's the manager's choice but I hope that situation changes. Maybe he'll look at me in a different light playing well in Italy where they know a thing or two about defending.

'I think I'll be a better player when I go back to Manchester next May.'

https://i.postimg.cc/6qC421mK/20443326-0-image-m-3-1572548863264.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling scored for Roma in their 4-0 victory over Udinese on Wednesday. The central defender is hoping that his form for the Italian side changes perceptions of him. Smalling wants to return to Manchester United as a better player than when he left on loan

With Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof forming a partnership in defence for United this season and Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Eric Bailly vying for a place, competition at centre-back is fierce.

But clearly Smalling feels that if he can nail down a first team spot in Paulo Fonseca's side, then his chances of a successful recall to Old Trafford can only rise.

He started Wednesday's Serie A clash with Udinese and also managed to get himself on the scoresheet in the 4-0 win.

No doubt United and Southgate are tracking his progress with great interest from afar.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7636663/Chris-Smalling-hints-does-not-expect-permanent-Roma-deal-Manchester-United.html

zudomiriku
05-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling 'wanted by AC Milan and rivals Inter' after impressing on loan with Roma

* Chris Smalling has made an impressive start to life in Italian football
* The defender sealed a loan switch to Roma in the summer transfer window
* Reports in Italy claims bitter rivals AC Milan and Inter will fight for the player

Chris Smalling's sizzling start to life in Italy has started catching the attention, with bitter rivals AC Milan and Inter now reportedly ready to fight it out for his signature.

The defender sealed a loan switch to Roma in the summer transfer window, after being told his playing time would become limited at Manchester United.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer sanctioned Smalling's departure after the world record capture of Harry Maguire, though will be impressed with the progress of the 29-year-old in the Eternal City.

https://i.postimg.cc/5y8pmVFp/20568978-0-image-a-23-1572854056293.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling has made an impressive start to life in Italian football with Roma. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer agreed Smalling's loan after the world record capture of Harry Maguire

Italian daily publication Il Tempo report that Smalling's strong start to life in Serie A has alerted both Milan sides, who each desire his services to strengthen their defence.

The report adds that although flattered by interest, Smalling has a preference to remain in the capital and stay with Roma, should his move to Italy become permanent.

And, as recently reported by Sportsmail, United would demand in the region of £17million (€20m) from Roma in order to sanction Smalling's permanent sale.

Smalling has made seven appearances so far this campaign for Roma, getting his first goal for the club against Udinese.

United fans were left in awe recently following Smalling's impressive goal-line clearance during Roma's win against Napoli.

The footage quickly went viral on social media - in the aftermath of United's 1-0 Premier League defeat to Bournemouth - with many supporters lamenting the decision to allow the centre back to go out on loan.

'Don't want to admit it but he's been far far better than Lindelof this season (probably even a tiny bit better than Maguire), however he is playing in an easier league,' commented one fan online after seeing the clearance.

'Although I'd hold off agreeing the deal with Roma just yet because we can either get more money (or even bring him back if he continues in this form).'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7646637/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-wanted-AC-Milan-rivals-Inter.html

zudomiriku
19-11-2019, 09:18 AM
'The will of the player is important': Intermediary involved in Chris Smalling deal insists defender must force through permanent move from Manchester United to Roma

* Intermediary insists Chris Smalling must force through permanent Roma move
* Centre-back is currently on a season-long loan deal from Manchester United
* Roma and United's valuations for the 29-year-old defender currently vary

The intermediary involved in Chris Smalling's potential permanent move to Roma insists that 'the will of the player is important' if a deal is to materialise.

Smalling is currently on a season-long loan at Roma from Manchester United and has impressed for the Italian side so far, making ten appearances.

Roma are eager to sign the 29-year-old on a permanent basis but a deal is far from done.

As reported by Football Italia, Tiziano Pasquali, who is overseeing the possible move, said: 'There are negotiations, but no answers as of yet, we are waiting for a response.

'It depends on what Smalling wants, the will of the player is important. At first he didn't find much space, but now playing in Rome has become a blessing, as he wants to return to the national team.

'He is an important player, we just needed to know if he could adapt to Italian football on a tactical and technical level, but he has settled in very well because he has a great understanding of the game.'

https://i.postimg.cc/8cB237bd/21176168-0-image-m-3-1574116453947.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
The intermediary involved in Chris Smalling's possible permanent move to Roma has called upon the defender to help a deal happen . Roma and Manchester United are yet to agree a fee for the 29-year-old centre-back

The potential fee for Smalling could be an issue. Roma are willing to pay €10million (£8.5million) for the centre-back in addition to the €3million (£2.5million) loan fee but United are demanding €15million (£12.8million).

Smalling's current contract at United runs until the summer of 2022, but it seems unlikely that he will have a future at Old Trafford.

Signed from Fulham in 2010, Smalling has made 323 appearances for United.

He has been capped by England on 31 occasions but hasn't played for the Three Lions since 2017.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7699785/Intermediary-insists-Chris-Smalling-force-permanent-Roma-Manchester-United.html

zudomiriku
20-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Chris Smalling sparks Serie A scramble as Juventus and Inter Milan 'join race for on-loan Manchester United defender' with Roma desperate to keep him

* Chris Smalling has impressed during his loan at Roma from Manchester United
* Roma are keen to make his stay permanent but look set to face competition
* Juventus and Inter Milan have reportedly expressed an interest in the defender

Chris Smalling 'is attracting interest from Juventus and Inter Milan' after the Manchester United defender impressed on loan at Roma.

The centre-back has adapted well to Serie A football and Roma are already keen to secure the 29-year-old on a permanent contract.

However, according to Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera, reigning champions Juventus and Inter are poised to provide competition for his signature.

https://i.postimg.cc/XvsNjFYJ/21188848-7700845-image-a-31-1574149125018.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling 'is attracting interest from Juventus and Inter Milan' after impressing for Roma

United are believed to want £15million for Smalling and have already rejected an offer of £13m from Roma.

That hasn't deterred Roma sporting director Gianluca Petrachi, who is working to complete a permanent deal in January to head off any rival bids.

Having struggled for game time at Old Trafford, Smalling has quickly gained favour at the Stadio Olimpico, playing in eight Serie A games and two Europa League matches so far.

Roma were beaten 2-0 by Parma in their last outing but that ended a six-match run without suffering a defeat.

While Roma currently sit sixth in the table, a move to either Juventus or Inter would almost certainly guarantee Champions League football for Smalling next season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7700845/Juventus-Inter-Milan-join-race-loan-Man-Uniteds-Chris-Smalling.html

zudomiriku
25-11-2019, 09:17 AM
sementara itu......dikala teman tandemnya bikin blunder dan diganti pas HT

https://i.postimg.cc/50x38ggX/21405960-7720337-image-a-76-1574610937833.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chis Smalling scored and assisted as Roma cruised to a 3-0 win over Brescia on Sunday

https://i.postimg.cc/Hnn9hLfH/21405948-7720337-image-a-77-1574610940441.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
The former Manchester United centre-back has been a revelation since arriving in Italy

zudomiriku
26-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Chris Smalling's 'agent flies out to Italy to start transfer talks with Roma as Serie A side want to make loan spell permanent following impressive start'

* Chris Smalling joined Roma on a season-long loan from Manchester United
* The defender has secured a regular starting place and continued to impress
* The Italian club are now looking to secure a permanent transfer in January

Chris Smalling is edging closer to a permanent move to Roma with his agent reportedly flying out to Italy to begin transfer talks with the club.

The England defender has been in fine form since moving to the Italian capital on loan in the summer, with his performances leading Roma and a host of other Italian clubs wanting to secure his signature.

He scored one and assisted the other two in a 3-0 victory against Brescia on Sunday and the Italian outfit are now moving to complete a January transfer, according to Corriere della Sera.

https://i.postimg.cc/9FmtwWBW/21453318-0-image-a-1-1574706825109.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling's agent has reportedly flown out to Italy to begin transfer talks with the club. Smalling has quickly settled in Italy and impressed since joining the Italian club on loan

Smalling is currently on a season-long loan and has quickly become a first team regular, starting all of his side's last 11 matches.

The potential fee for Smalling could be still be an issue. Roma are willing to pay £8.5m for the centre-back in addition to the £2.5m loan fee but United are demanding £12.8m.

Smalling's current contract at United runs until the summer of 2022, but it seems unlikely that he will have a future at Old Trafford.

Signed from Fulham in 2010, Smalling has made 323 appearances for United.

He has been capped by England on 31 occasions but hasn't played for the Three Lions since 2017.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7724239/Chris-Smallings-agent-flies-Italy-start-transfer-talks-Roma.html

zudomiriku
27-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Roma 'ready to increase their offer for Chris Smalling to £13m' after having opening bid rejected... as Manchester United defender 'has Italian lessons almost every day' in bid to seal move

* Roma are reportedly keen to sign Chris Smalling on a permanent contract
* The English centre back is at the club on a season loan from Manchester United
* Reports in Italy say that the club are 'ready to increase their offer to £13million'
* Smalling is in fine form and is said to be learning Italian, fuelling talk of a transfer

Roma are ready to step up their efforts to land Chris Smalling on a permanent deal by increasing their bid to £13million, according to reports in Italy.

Smalling departed Manchester United on a season-long loan last summer having been deemed surplus to requirements following the £80m world-record arrival of Harry Maguire.

But the 30-year-old has thrived in the Italian capital, quickly establishing himself as a leader in Paulo Fonseca's side and according to Il Romanista, the club are keen to have him stay beyond his loan period.

https://i.postimg.cc/qRgWL0x3/21481662-7726851-image-a-2-1574769262149.jpg (https://postimg.cc/S2FZSB5S)
Roma are reportedly pushing to secure Chris Smalling on a permanent deal from Man United. The front page of Tuesday's Il Romanista runs with the story of Roma increasing their offer

The report on Tuesday details how the club are 'to reopen negotiations with United as soon as possible' having seen movement on any permanent deal stall after an unsuccessful opening bid, believed to be in the region of €10m (£8.5m).

Tiziano Pasquali, an Italian intermediary helping to broker a deal, is reported to have arrived in Rome on Monday ahead of a meeting with Roma chief Gianluca Petrachi, in order to work out a return offer to United.

Smalling, who has made 323 appearances since joining United from Fulham in 2010, is under contract in Manchester until the summer of 2022, but it seems unlikely that he will have a long-term future at Old Trafford.

He has been an unquestionable success so far for Roma, helping coax the best out of defensive partner Gianluca Mancini in recent weeks.

In Sunday's win over Brescia, Smalling scored and added two assists as he earned the man-of-the-match award in Monday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

He has said already that he and his family are settled in Italy and Il Romanista - the sports paper dedicated to the club - went on to detail in their report that 'before or after training he meets with an Italian teacher' in order to speed up the development of his language skills.

His desire to improve his Italian has led to the belief that he sees a long-term future in Italy, rather than Manchester.

Smalling has made 11 appearances this season and has two goals - becoming the first Englishman to score twice in the same Serie A season since David Beckham in 2008-09.

Injury kept him out of the opening three league games but since being inserted into the starting line-up by Fonseca in the 2-0 home defeat by Atalanta, Smalling has played every minute in Serie A since.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7726851/Roma-ready-increase-offer-Chris-Smalling-13m.html

zudomiriku
29-11-2019, 09:06 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/SQWDgf2k/21600464-7737145-image-a-87-1574986917216.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling pulled on the captain's armband for the first time as a Roma player on Thursday

zudomiriku
09-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Arsenal 'leading the chase for Chris Smalling' as Premier League clubs look to bring on-loan Manchester United defender back to England next season after impressing with Roma

* Chris Smalling has his admirers back in England after impressing with Roma
* The centre-back joined the Serie A outfit on a season-long loan from Man United
* Arsenal are said to be leading a number of English clubs interested in Smalling
* The Gunners have reportedly been keeping tabs on the player since his move

Arsenal are reportedly leading the Premier League interest in on-loan Roma defender Chris Smalling.

The 30-year-old has settled in well to life in Rome, where he has become first choice and put in some impressive shifts, with a number of English sides said to be keen on giving him a chance back in his home country.

Smalling was forced to explore pastures new after becoming sidelined at Old Trafford by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and he has taken his chance in Serie A, scoring twice in 14 league appearances and helping to keep eight clean sheets.

https://i.postimg.cc/YCQxVgmt/21967180-0-image-a-5-1575801088631.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling has reinvented himself in Serie A, producing some top performances for Roma. Roma have kept eight clean sheets when on-loan Smalling has been in the side this season

According to the Sun, the Gunners are big admirers of Smalling, and after having their own defensive issues in the last few seasons, a new centre back will be high on the wishlist of whoever succeeds Unai Emery as manager.

It is believed Arsenal have been keeping tabs on the English defender since his move to Italy and that they like what they see, with the north Londoners keen to bring him to the Emirates next summer.

The club reportedly had scouts present at the San Siro on Friday to watch Smalling keep a clean sheet against rivals Inter Milan, while England coaching duo Gareth Southgate and Steve Holland were also present to keep up on his progress.

Arsenal will have competition from a host of other Premier League outfits for Smalling's signature, with Everton and Leicester also said to be keen on making a move when his loan move ends next summer.

Smalling joined Manchester United from Fulham in 2010 and has gone on to star 323 times for the Red Devils, winning two Premier League titles, the FA Cup, EFL Cup and the Europa League.

With Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof currently the first choice partnership in defence at the club, Smalling's future looks unclear and United could cash in on him next year as a result, with plenty of young competition coming from the likes of Axel Tuanzebe.

Smalling has enjoyed his Italian spell on the pitch thus far, but he was the subject of controversial headline by a news outlet in the country ahead of the game with Inter, as Corriere dello Sport used the words 'Black Friday' to promote the game.

The Roma defender featured on the cover alongside Inter's Romelu Lukaku, a former United team-mate.

The paper defended their front page and said they had been campaigning against racism for centuries, but Smalling said their choice of words were 'wrong and insensitive', calling on the editors to reflect on their actions.

Reports in Italy have added that Roma are themselves keen to finalise a permanent deal, should United allow him to leave the club on a permanent basis.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7768905/Arsenal-leading-chase-Chris-Smalling-English-clubs-line-Man-United-star.html

zudomiriku
11-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Roma could be without Chris Smalling until new year as on loan Manchester United defender suffers knee injury

* Chris Smalling has impressed for Roma while out on loan at the Italian club
* But Roma released a medical report on Tuesday outlining a problem he had
* Reports have suggested that Smalling will not be available until January

Chris Smalling could be ruled out until after the start of the new year after suffering a knee injury.

The Manchester United defender has impressed while on loan at Roma and has become a key player as they have climbed up to fifth in the Serie A table.

But Roma released a medical report on Tuesday afternoon outlining the injury he had picked up.

https://i.postimg.cc/Jh61m4f6/22063066-0-image-a-205-1575995821853.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling could be ruled out until after the start of the new year due to a knee injury. Roma released a medical report on Tuesday afternoon outlining the injury he had picked up

They said that he had suffered bruising and a knock to his left knee.

Smalling will have to have further tests to discover the full extent of the injury but Italian outlet Calciomercato have claimed he will not be back until January.

Lorenzo Pellegrini has also picked up an injury — bruising on his left foot — but is not expected to be out for long.

Neither player is likely to be available when Roma face Wolfsberger in the Europa League on Thursday night.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7777235/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-January-knee-injury.html

Andi Istiabudi
14-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Sepertinya peminjaman Smalling bakal berlanjut ke tahap pelepasan secara permanen di musim depan. Semoga saja jika memang dilepas oleh United, Smalling bisa mendapat klub terbaik untuk menunjukkan kemampuannya yang sempat "hilang" beberapa musim terakhir di United :)

zudomiriku
20-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Chris Smalling has resumed training for Roma and the defender could make his return against Fiorentina on Friday

* Chris Smalling missed Roma's last two matches with a left knee injury
* The English defender, on-loan from Manchester United, is set to make a return
* His good form saw England manager Gareth Southgate travel to watch him

Chris Smalling could return to action for Roma on Friday after resuming training following a knee injury.

The English defender, on-loan from Manchester United for the season, missed Roma's last two games with the problem.

But on Thursday he was back in action on the training ground and could return as soon as Friday for the Serie A clash against Fiorentina, according to Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport.

https://i.postimg.cc/CxjcC20d/22452190-0-image-a-223-1576761074382.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling is in line to make his return for Roma on Friday following a short spell out

Smalling has been impressive during his time in Italy, making 11 Serie A appearances so far and keeping five clean sheets in defence.

His good form saw England manager Gareth Southgate travel to watch the 30-year-old against Inter Milan two weeks ago, where he was up against former United team-mate Romelu Lukaku.

Smalling has 31 caps for England, but has not made a national team squad since November 2017.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7809983/Chris-Smalling-resumed-training-Roma-defender-make-return-Friday.html

zudomiriku
06-01-2020, 09:13 AM
Roma 'closing in on permanent deal' for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling as they table £12.8m offer plus £2.5m in bonuses

* Chris Smalling is close to making his loan deal at Roma permanent in January
* The Englishman has shone in Italy since loan move from Manchester United
* The centre-back has formed an impressive partnership with Gianluca Mancini
* Roma are reportedly in advanced talks and and the offer has been increased

Roma are pushing hard to land Manchester United centre-back Chris Smalling on a permanent deal in January transfer.

The Englishman's loan spell in Serie A has been a roaring success, with Smalling back to his best after rediscovering the confidence he lost at Old Trafford.

The two clubs are in advanced talks, with Roma increasing their bid to £12.8m plus £2.5m in bonuses for the defender, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

United are reportedly chasing £17m for Smalling, with the Italian side already playing £2.5m for the one-year loan. It is also said that the 30-year-old is set to sign a five-year contract.

Alongside Gianluca Mancini, the double Premier League winner has been the go-to centre-back this season - starting 15 games and even contributing two goals.

He made 323 appearances for United, but a difficult 2018/19 left him in need of a move elsewhere.

https://i.postimg.cc/ryD0472L/22806566-7837651-image-a-4-1577725100488.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling is close to making his Roma loan from Manchester United permanent. The centre-back looked devoid of confidence later in his United career but has shone at Roma. The Englishman has been the go-to centre-back alongside Gianluca Mancini this season

The Serie A side sit in the Champions League places after 17 games, seven points behind league leaders Inter Milan.

Smalling's performances have even brought him back into contention for an England spot, and the centre-back will be keen to continue his progress at Roma.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7837651/Roma-closing-permanent-deal-Manchester-Uniteds-Chris-Smalling-table-12-8m-offer.html

tumpal_oneunited
07-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Sukses buat Smalling
Selamat resmi menduduki ibu kota Italy

zudomiriku
27-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Manchester United 'demand £25m for Chris Smalling' from Roma as struggling Red Devils refuse to drop their asking price during transfer talks

* Manchester United won't budge in their £25m valuation of Chris Smalling
* Roma want to make the defender's loan permanent after an impressive season
* The Italians are in talks with United with a view to a switch in the summer
* The Red Devils believe Smalling's performances justifies their price tag

Manchester United are refusing to budge in their valuation of Chris Smalling, and want £25million from Roma for the on-loan defender.

Smalling has put in some colossal displays for the Italian outfit this season and his performances have been enough to convince the club to bring him in on a permanent deal.

They have opened discussions with the Old Trafford hierarchy, pitching an initial £13m bid with £3.5m in add-ons, but United turned down that proposal and believe Smalling has justified the price tag they have mooted, according to The Sun.

https://i.postimg.cc/bN7pvBLv/23885446-7931013-Chris-Smalling-has-proved-his-quality-with-some.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling has proved his quality with some top displays on loan at Roma this season. But Ed Woodward is playing hardball with the Italians and won't sell for less than £25million. Smalling fell out of favour under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford and was shipped out

The 30-year-old is said to be keen to secure a switch to Roma permanently after settling in well to life in the Italian capital, and would even consider taking a cut to his £130,000 a week wages to push a deal through.

Smalling has featured 20 times for Roma this season, scoring twice and helping to keep seven clean sheets across all competitions.

He has started every game for Paulo Fonseca's team when fit and has played every single minute, forming a partnership with Gianluca Mancini at the back and leading Roma to fourth place in the Serie A table.

His displays have been so valuable to Roma that they are now scrambling to get the deal done amid fears he could be interesting other teams, who could beat them to the punch and outbid them.

The centre back was shifted out to the Italian side at the start of the season after falling out of favour with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He played 34 times last season but the Norwegian boss agreed to farm him out with Harry Maguire coming in.

But United have struggled defensively this season and have been without the injured Eric Bailly for long spells. Former United star Rio Ferdinand criticised the club for allowing him to leave on loan in the wake of their 2-0 home loss to Burnley and said he was the best defender Solskjaer had.

'He's the best defender at the club,' he said. 'If we're talking just outright defending, he's the best defender at the club. I don't understand it.

'That's just my opinion as a centre half looking at it. If I was playing against Burnley today and had to pick a centre half from Manchester United to play, he would be the first name on the sheet.'

Smalling has made 323 appearances for the Red Devils across a decade-long spell, scoring 18 goals and winning eight trophies since signing from Fulham in 2010.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7931013/Manchester-United-demand-25m-Chris-Smalling-Roma-refuse-drop-asking-price.html

bisa aja nih Ed, lumayan duitnya buat nambah2 beli Fernandes

Andi Istiabudi
27-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Smalling di Roma tampil bagus makanya Ed memanfaatkan betul kondisi dan situasinya, hehehe.. :D

zudomiriku
31-01-2020, 09:22 AM
'He's playing well and loving Italy… of course we want him': Roma chief hails Chris Smalling for 'returning to great levels' after swapping Manchester United misery for a new lust for life in the Eternal City

* When Chris Smalling joined Roma on loan last year, the change felt needed
* But while he has flourished, Manchester United have missed him in defence
* Smalling's attitude has won him a long list of admirers during his time in Italy
* Roma sporting director Gianluca Petrachi hopes Smalling joins permanently

With his professionalism off the pitch, his assured demeanor on it and his investment in adjusting to the Italian lifestyle, Chris Smalling is earning a growing number of admirers in Rome.

One of those is Roma's sporting director Gianluca Petrachi, the man who played a key role in luring Smalling to the Italian capital from Old Trafford. So impressed is he by the 30-year-old, he hopes Smalling will choose to make his move to Italy a permanent one in the summer.

'There is a chance,' Petrachi told Sportsmail. 'The player will choose what to do. If he really wishes, we will be happy to have him with us permanently.

https://i.postimg.cc/gJ6LcX9s/23976658-7937751-image-a-29-1580210986907.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling has gone from strength to strength since arriving at Roma on loan

'We are very happy with Smalling and he knows it. With Manchester United, the relationship is excellent, we have an excellent feeling with the club.'

But it seems that absence has made the heart grow fonder at Old Trafford.

Smalling struggled for his finest form in a season of upheaval last year. Jose Mourinho was sacked, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer saw enough of an upturn to take the reins on a permanent basis before results spiraled once again.

When Roma came in for Smalling last summer, a fresh start seemed best for all. But as United continue to stutter under Solskjaer, the wisdom in letting Smalling depart has fallen under greater scrutiny.

'He's the best defender at the club,' Rio Ferdinand said of Smalling after United lost 2-0 at home to Burnley. 'If we're talking just outright defending, he's the best defender at the club. I don't understand it.

'That's just my opinion as a centre-half looking at it. If I was playing against Burnley today and had to pick a centre-half from Manchester United to play, he would be the first name on the sheet.'

https://i.postimg.cc/0NjJ3XcL/23976374-7937751-image-a-23-1580210371250.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Rio Ferdinand (left) has described Smalling as United's 'best defender' and queried why he left. But when Roma made their approach for Smalling, it seemed the right time for a change

https://i.postimg.cc/KYWgy7W4/23976504-7937751-image-m-28-1580210662303.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
While Smalling has rediscovered his best form, United struggle on under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

In Italy, Smalling looks refreshed and it has shown in his approach to life, not just to football.

'The boy is charismatic,' explains Petrachi. 'He loves Rome and the Italian lifestyle.

'I think it's obvious how it sounds: it's finally peaceful. Smalling finds himself very well in Rome, lives well and has returned to great levels.

'He follows an Italian course to improve his grasp of the language. This made me very happy because it shows that the boy is intelligent.

'Technically he is very strong. I think it is fundamental for a sporting director to understand how some players can do well. I thought this move could work and I'm happy that the results prove me right.'

Smalling certainly looks settled in Italy. While he isn't a footballer who broadcasts too much of his life across social media, he wrote about his happiness abroad in a picture over Christmas where he was in the Vatican City.

'Holding the key to the city,' Smalling wrote. 'Loving our first Christmas in Rome with the family. From mine to yours wishing you the best holiday period.'

Roma occupy fourth, the final Champions League qualifying place in Serie A but are only a point clear of the chasing Atalanta.

Smalling has played 21 times so far this season, including in the Europa League, and has scored twice. His form has even caught the eye of England manager Gareth Southgate, who has been to Italy to watch Smalling this season as he considers his options with Euro 2020 on the horizon.

https://i.postimg.cc/YqNgmWvy/23975428-7937751-image-a-35-1580211955591.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Smalling has made 21 appearances for Roma so far this season across all competitions. Roma are currently fourth in Serie A and occupy the final Champions League qualifying place. Smalling seems to be at a more enjoyable place for football at present, compared to United

'My characteristic has always been to choose guys with determination and desire to do well,' he said. 'Smalling wanted to demonstrate his strength. My goal is to make people play better and create harmony around them. He needed that.

'I was looking for an aggressive central defender to support a young man like Gianluca Mancini (Smalling's partner in the centre of defence). Smalling was perfect for my football idea to help Mancini to grow rapidly.

'Smalling is a serious and professional guy, a good person.'

There are a number of decisions to be made around Smalling at the end of the season - from United, from Southgate and from Roma, if reports that United will sell him for £25m are true.

But for now, the 30-year-old is very much a man who is enjoying the present moment. He has rediscovered his groove in Italy and right now, football looks much more enjoyable there than in Manchester.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7937751/Romas-CEO-hopes-Chris-Smalling-sign-good-Manchester-United.html

zudomiriku
24-02-2020, 09:16 AM
Chris Smalling 'left devastated after his dog dies of suspected poisoning' with on-loan Manchester United defender convinced somebody sprayed rat killer on his land

* Chris Smalling and wife Sam are devastated after their dog Miley passed away
* The cocker spaniel-Jack Russell fell ill while walking his Rome house
* The England defender believes Miley may have eaten rat poison by accident
* Smalling contends someone sprayed his property with rat killer poison

Chris Smalling has been left devastated after his pet dog died suddenly with the England defender suspecting his pet had eaten rat poison.

The Manchester United defender, who is currently on loan at Roma, is trying to work out what killed his dog Miley, who was taken ill last month.

The Sun report that the cocker spaniel-Jack Russell cross was one of three family dogs who became unwell after walking around the grounds of his home in Italy.

Smalling and wife Sam Cook believe that all three animals had eaten rat poisoning that had been secretly sprayed on the grounds.

The other two dogs, a Hungarian Vizsla named Ruben and labrador Summer, were unwell too but fortunately pulled through. Smalling posted on social media his devastation at the loss of his beloved pet.

'Now a very, very big part of my heart is missing,' he said. 'Anyone who knew me and Miley knew we were inseparable. People often joked how I had two women in my life.

https://i.postimg.cc/brYRrwp0/25041812-8030881-Chris-Smalling-has-been-left-devastated-after-h.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling has been left devastated after his dog Miley passed away last month

'When I first met Miley I was afraid of her. I grew up with many different neighbours with aggressive dogs thinking that’s how all dogs are. Without her I wouldn’t of found the connection and compassion that I was missing towards all animals. I could never have imagined just how much of an impact she would have on my life.

'You were a special soul and we were truly blessed that you came into our lives.'

Smalling's wife Sam also provided information on what happened to Miley after the dog collapsed having suffered internal bleeding.

https://i.postimg.cc/rygJbxNf/25041804-8030881-Smalling-believes-the-dog-may-have-ingested-rat.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
The cocker spaniel-Jack Russell cross had fallen ill while walking Smalling's Rome property. Smalling believes the dog may have ingested rat poison sprayed by someone on his grounds

'When Miley collapsed the vet found a tumour and put the internal bleeding which led to her death down to that, but it turns out that wasn't the problem,' she said.

'A few days later Ruben and my mum's dog got ill and, although dismissed by vets, we realised that they had all eaten rat poison that had carelessly been put in our garden uncovered without our knowledge.

'Obviously Miley being older and smaller was affected the most. Ruben and Summer are on medication and doing much better and will make a full recovery. It's an awful situation but we are all coping well and trying to implement the many lessons this sad situation has presented us with.

Sam had written the post in a bid to warn other pet owners of the potential dangers when their dogs roam on walks.

England defender Smalling had formed a close bond with his beloved pet, taking her with him when he went for meals at restaurants. The 30-year-old also flew the dog out to France in 2016 while he was playing in the Euros.

Smalling brought Miley with him to Italy after sealing his loan switch to Roma last summer, and had moved into a grand old house on the outskirts of the city with plenty of greenery for the dogs to run around.

The Englishman has long been an advocate of animal rights, and in 2019 slammed pet owners who left their dogs in the car during the summer's hot weather.

Posting a video on social media, Smalling said: 'In the time it takes to pop into the supermarket for a loaf of bread, your best friend could bake to death.'

He also expressed his love for dogs last February. 'I think that dogs are just so loving,' he said. 'The fact that no matter what kind of day you've had, you can come home and they're always so happy to see you. They're always there no matter what.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8030881/Manchester-Uniteds-Chris-Smalling-left-devastated-dog-dies-suspected-poisoning.html

sama kayak Sanchez nih, Smalling juga pecinta ****** dan vegan =D>

zudomiriku
02-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Tottenham keen on Chris Smalling after impressing on loan at Roma, with Jose Mourinho eyeing reunion with Manchester United defender

* Jose Mourinho is keen to strengthen his defence in the summer transfer window
* Mourinho remains a fan of Chris Smalling after working with him at Man United
* Smalling could be available after spending the season on loan at Roma

Jose Mourinho is set to make a summer bid for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, according to reports in Italy.

Smalling has impressed during a season-long loan spell at Roma but is yet to agree a permanent move to the club as the Serie A side haggle over his transfer fee.

The Daily Express claim Roma want to pay £14 million for Smalling in order to ensure they don't breach Financial Fair Play rules but United are holding out for £17m.

https://i.postimg.cc/vTkQJDT6/25407218-8063475-image-a-17-1583107931431.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Tottenham are set to make a summer bid for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling. Smalling has spent the season on loan at Roma but is yet to agree a permanent move

If the two clubs fail to agree a deal then Tuttosport report Tottenham are ready to steal a march and bring him back to the Premier League.

Mourinho worked with Smalling during his three years in charge at Old Trafford and believes he could be the man to firm up his rearguard.

Spurs are likely to lose Jan Vertonghen in the summer, with the defender's contract set to expire at the end of the season.

However, Smalling could yet choose to remain in Italy after admitting he was enjoying the challenging of adapting to a new culture.

https://i.postimg.cc/JnT7QpWx/25407216-8063475-image-a-19-1583107943598.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Roma have reportedly bid £14m for Smalling, but United are demanding a fee of £17m. Smalling recently admitted he had enjoyed time in Italy and could extend his stay at the club. The defender has made 28 appearances for Roma this season and scored two goals

'When I first came it was exciting but also daunting because you're not sure what to expect,' Smalling told Sky Sports.

'New country, new experience. But considering the way I've settled in, the love that I have felt, especially from the fans but everyone in Rome, it will be an interesting decision to make.

'Some of the other players said if you really hit the ground running, the love that you can have in this city is unbelievable. That's really what I've felt and so have my family. Long may it continue.'

He added: 'When I spoke to them (United), it was a case of 'let's have a good season, hopefully it all goes to plan, the team is successful and I am successful' and at the end of the season we'll sit down.

'That was the plan at the start of the season and obviously we're not finished yet so come the end of the season we'll see what the plan is.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8063475/Tottenham-keen-Chris-Smailling-impressing-loan-Roma.html

kalo gak dipermanen Roma bisa saja Smalling reunian sama Mou di Spurs karena berpotensi kehilangan Vertonghen & Alderweireld

Andi Istiabudi
02-03-2020, 10:22 AM
Pada akhirnya klub yang memberikan penawaran terbaik ke Ed Woodward pasti yang beruntung mendapatkan Smalling, hehehe.. :D

Andi Istiabudi
06-03-2020, 09:22 AM
Southgate Menyesal Pernah Mengkritik Smalling
Novitasari Dewi Salusi - detikSport

https://akcdn.detik.net.id/community/media/visual/2020/02/24/eca7850f-cdc1-48ad-ba2f-18d4d60f4982_169.jpeg?w=700&q=80

Jakarta - Manajer timnas Inggris, Gareth Southgate, menyesali kritiknya untuk Chris Smalling. Namun kini dia senang dengan kebangkitan Smalling di Italia.

Southgate pernah mencoret Smalling dari timnas Inggris jelang laga internasional melawan Jerman dan Brasil pada November 2017. Dalam penjelasannya, Southgate saat itu memberi indikasi kalau Smalling dicoret karena dinilai tidak mampu membangun permainan dari belakang.

Smalling sendiri kini sedang menjalani masa peminjaman di AS Roma. Bersama Roma, bek yang dipinjam dari Manchester United itu tampil impresif.

Tampil oke bersama Roma, Smalling berharap jadi bagian skuat Inggris untuk Piala Eropa 2020. Southgate pun tak menutup kemungkinan untuk memanggil bek 30 tahun itu untuk turnamen musim panas nanti.

Namun masih ada satu hal yang mengganjal Southgate. Dia mengaku menyesali kritiknya untuk Smalling.

"Saya tidak pernah mencoret siapapun. Salah kalau begitu. Saya katakan mungkin saya menyesal dengan cara pesannya (tersampaikan), dengan memuji yang lain dengan keahlian tertentu, ada kritik untuk Chris," ujar Southgate seperti dilansir Sky Sports.

"Itu salah saya dan tidak adil untuknya. Saya kira dia main bagus di Italia. Dia bermain di klub besar. Sebelumnya dia juga main di klub besar. Kami memantau semua orang karena kami harus memastikan kami membuat keputusan tepat."

"Saya bicara kepadanya ketika saya mencoretnya dari skuad dan menjelaskan apa yang saya jelaskan kepada semua orang. Tentu dikarenakan cara pesan itu tersampaikan, tidak ada gunanya. Saya tidak akan mengatakan apapun yang belum dikatakan."

Smalling terakhir kali tampil bersama timnas Inggris pada Juni 2017. Sementara selama Kualifikasi Piala Dunia 2022 pada Oktober 2017, Smalling hanya jadi pemain cadangan.

zudomiriku
10-03-2020, 09:35 AM
Arsenal step up pursuit of Chris Smalling after showing 'willingness to meet £25m valuation' for Manchester United defender on loan at Roma

* Arsenal look set to intensify their efforts for Manchester United's Chris Smalling
* The Gunners have been linked with the experienced defender for several months
* A £25million valuation has been placed on the England international by United
* Roma boss Paulo Fonseca already said he would like his side to keep Smalling

Arsenal are reportedly stepping up their interest in Manchester United's Chris Smalling, and have expressed a willingness to get a deal tied up in the summer.

Mikel Arteta is looking to boost his defensive ranks with experienced stars, and has continued monitoring Smalling's eye-catching performances on loan with Roma in Serie A.

Now the Gunners are ready to intensify their efforts to sign the 30-year-old, who is set to remain in Italy for the rest of the campaign, according to the Express.

https://i.postimg.cc/52V45Xcd/25758386-0-image-m-23-1583794654617.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Arsenal are reportedly stepping up their interest in Manchester United's Chris Smalling. Mikel Arteta has been pondering how to improve his Arsenal defence in the summer window. Roma coach Paulo Fonseca has already said he would like his side to keep hold of the player

United, aware of the growing interest in Smalling from European clubs, have placed a £25million valuation on the player's head.

Arsenal are now said to be willing to meet the cost, in order to bring Smalling on board in the summer window and kick-start his career once more in the Premier League.

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has also been linked with a move for Smalling, while Everton are also reported to hold an interest.

Roma boss Paulo Fonseca however is hoping to persuade the powers that be in the Italian capital to sign the player permanently.

In February, Fonseca told the Italian media that a move to sign the defender permanently is realistic.

'Is it possible Smalling stays here at Roma? Yes,' said Fonseca.

'He is a very strong player and has had an immediate connection with Italian football.

'He is a great player, very important for us and likes to live in Rome,' he added.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8093699/Arsenal-willing-meet-25m-valuation-Manchester-Uniteds-Chris-Smalling.html

zudomiriku
19-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Chris Smalling yet to make decision on his future with Man United defender attracting interest from Arsenal, Everton, Leicester and Spurs after impressive loan spell with Roma

* Chris Smalling will make a decision on his next move over the summer
* Centre-back has impressed during his season on loan with Italian club Roma
* Manchester United defender has been linked with a permanent stay in Italy
* And a quartet of Premier League clubs have been credited with interest in him

Chris Smalling is still to discuss his next move and will make a decision in the summer.

The Manchester United centre back has enjoyed an impressive season out on loan at Roma and even played himself into a potential recall for England.

His performances have prompted constant links with a permanent move to Roma while Arsenal, Everton, Leicester and Tottenham have been credited with interest in England.

However, the 30-year old has yet to hear from any club and is concentrating on finishing the season in Italy once Serie A resumes after the coronavirus lockdown.

Smalling, who has two years left on contract at United plus a one year option, could even make a comeback at Old Trafford depending on talks with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the summer.

The Greenwich-born defender and his wife Sam have thoroughly enjoyed their spell in Italy where they have been welcomed by locals while his displays have made him a firm favourite with Roma fans.

https://i.postimg.cc/SR0NRj19/26126468-8126817-image-a-56-1584546758458.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Chris Smalling will make a decision on his Manchester United future in the summer after an impressive loan spell with Roma attracted interest from a number of clubs. The centre-back has performed well during his loan with Roma from Manchester United. Smalling has two years remaining on his United contract plus the option for a further year

He has remained in Rome during the coronavirus lockdown and hopes to finish the campaign on a high once it resumes. Roma, like United, made the last 16 of the Europa League and stand fifth in the Serie A table.

United may yet add another centre back in the summer as they consider Smalling's future and that of Phil Jones.

Marcos Rojo is keen to resolve his future too once his loan ends with Estudiantes.

There have been question marks over Victor Lindelof at stages this season while Axel Tuanzebe has struggled with injury. Eric Bailly though has made a promising return following his lengthy spell on the sidelines.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8126817/Chris-Smalling-make-decision-future-Man-United-defender-attracting-interest.html

Andi Istiabudi
21-03-2020, 07:46 AM
Waktu masih di United sepertinya belum ada klub yang tertarik eeh begitu dipinjamkan ke Roma, Smalling jadi banyak diminati. Beda dengan Sanchez :D