PDA

View Full Version : Danny Simpson

rondwisan
31-10-2010, 09:02 PM
DANNY : Toon are bigger than Cats

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01154/DannySimpson_1154045a.jpg

DANNY SIMPSON knew the question was coming.

After all, for someone who has played for Newcastle and Sunderland, it's an obvious one to ask.

Which club is the biggest?

Considering the hatred between these fiercest of arch-rivals, it is probably a good one to swerve.

Geordies and Mackems will for ever disagree on who are top dogs.

Simpson, though, is not the type to dodge tackles and he is not about to start dodging questions either.

The former Manchester United ace, who helped Sunderland to promotion during a five-month loan spell in 2008, has no doubts Toon put the Black Cats firmly in the North-East shade.

He cannot wait to prove it tomorrow at a white-hot St James' Park and said with a smile: "Having been at Sunderland and experiencing a couple of other places along the way, I think Newcastle are a bigger club.

"I had good times there but coming to Newcastle was just different. You have to look at the history of the club, the players, the managers who have been here over the years.

"You feel it is bigger. There is more expectation and you feel that from the fans at Newcastle.

"Look at Alan Shearer and Bobby Robson. Great people who have been at the club. I just get the feeling looking at the city as a whole.

"Everyone is so passionate, there are 50,000 every week at St James'. And when you sign you just know what kind of place you are at.

"I'm sure my old mates from down the road would say different. But they haven't played for both. I have!

"Of course, in one sense it is just another game and another three points up for grabs. But we as players know exactly what it means to everyone - to the city, to the club, to the fans.

"I had a good time at Sunderland. I went there with Jonny Evans and it was my first proper loan spell away from United.

"We enjoyed it and went on a fantastic run. The night we got promotion was special and playing under Roy Keane was great.

"I speak to a few Sunderland players - Danny Welbeck, Kieran Richardson, Phil Bardsley, Jordan Henderson and Darren Bent - and yeah, it's fair to say the banter has been flying around the last week or so. I can't wait.

"I go to the shops or the petrol station and I get loads of people talking about the derby.

"Mainly it's Newcastle fans. I have probably bumped into some Sunderland fans, too, but they haven't wanted to speak to me. It will be my first North-East derby and the other lads have told me about the noise and how hostile it will be.

"The tackles will be flying in but these are the games I look forward to. Even if I am playing against my mates I want to get stuck into them and come out on top.

"I am expecting the boos... but I am ready for it."

Simpson finally made his first appearance of the season for Chris Hughton's side in last weekend's 2-1 win at West Ham after struggling to shake off an ankle injury.

And he knows exactly what makes a big club after starting at Old Trafford at the tender age of 11.

He is only 23 but has already played under Alex Ferguson, Keane, Sam Allardyce at Blackburn and now Hughton.

You could hardly find four more different gaffers.

But this versatile defender who can operate at full-back or centre-half loves working under the cool, thoughtful gaze of Newcastle boss Hughton.

He said: "I have learned a lot under all the managers I have played under. I owe a lot to Chris Hughton though.

"He got me in on loan and then signed me permanently. He's been different class, steadying the ship and he deserves a massive amount of credit.

Advertisement
Quantcast

"He is very thorough. He has a lot of respect for everyone and we all give it back to him.

"I signed for United when I was 11 so at the time Roy was one of my idols. He always gave 100 per cent and that was the type of player I wanted to be.

"For me personally, he was great to play under too.

"Looking back at my time at United, to think I trained every day with the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Rooney and Ronaldo was so beneficial. You just watch those guys in training and learn from them.

"It helped me improve but it was the best thing for me to leave United and get first-team football.

"So far it has been great. I played 40-odd games last season, we won the Championship and it could not have gone better.

"I will never forget my time at United. My friends and family still support them and sometimes they say to me 'imagine if you were still there'.

"I just tell them I have moved on - and I am still at a big club now."

red_devilz
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Tadi malam pas tampil vs Arsenal di Emirates Stadium , Simpson menunjukkan performa yg bagus . IMHO , bahkan lebih bagus ketimbang O'Shea ataupun Brown di sisi kanan pertahanan tim :nohope:

Serba salah kalau kayak gini . Ketika pemain hasil binaan Carrington justru menunjukkan performa yg lebih bagus di tim lain , ketimbang pemain di skuad utama United sendiri :(

Andi Istiabudi
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Serba salah kalau kayak gini . Ketika pemain hasil binaan Carrington justru menunjukkan performa yg lebih bagus di tim lain , ketimbang pemain di skuad utama United sendiri :(

Mungkin dulu kalah bersaing sehingga kurang mendapat kepercayaan untuk bermain. Nah begitu di klub lain para pemain eks United justru menunjukkan kelasnya.

Kita perlu bangga lho karena ini menunjukkan sebenarnya pemain binaan United memiliki talenta dan permainan yang baik meskipun harus diakui terkadang menyesal juga melepas mereka ke klub lain setelah tahu permainan mereka bakal bagus.

red_devilz
08-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Simpson kurang beruntung , IMHO . Dia "muncul" disaat stok bek kanan di United melimpah ruah . Mulai dari (mantan) kapten gaek , Gary Neville , Wes Brown , John O'Shea , dan the new rising star , Rafael da Silva .

Padahal penampilan Simpson di musim 2007/2008 cukup lumayan . Seandainya posisi Simpson adl bek kiri , mungkin ceritanya bakal lain . Mengingat United punya gap yg jauh antara Evra s/d Fabvio da Silva sbg suksesor .

Sedikit menyesal saat melihat penampilannya yg bagus , sementara sektor kanan pertahanan United kerap kecolongan d awal musim 2010/2011 :(( . But , life must go on . Mudah2an Simpson ( dan pemain eks Carrington lainnya ) punya karir yg panjang d klub masing-masing :beer:

VaDLi
13-05-2011, 09:28 AM
^:)^ mantap nih kalo simpson & newcastle bisa nahan chelsea ... apalagi bisa ngalahin...

Simpson keen to help United

Newcastle defender eager to aid old club in trophy quest

http://img.skysports.com/11/04/660x350/Danny-Simpson-Newcastle_2588132.jpg

Danny Simpson is ready to aid Manchester United if they need a helping hand in their bid to secure a record 19th title this weekend.

The Newcastle full-back and his team-mates head for Chelsea on Sunday hoping to preserve their unbeaten record against the Blues this season.

United need only a point to seal the title at Blackburn the previous day, but if they slip up, old boy Simpson will be out to do them a favour.

"I want Manchester United to win the league," the Salford-born 24-year-old told The Journal.

Massive game

"I want to beat Chelsea and everybody at the club wants to beat Chelsea, but on Sunday, it will mean a little bit more [if United lose at Blackburn] because of the lads I know at Manchester United if we can get something there.

"We know it could be a massive game and if it is, I will probably get a phone call from Sir Alex. One or two players might give me a text as well."

Newcastle are one of four teams to have won at Stamford Bridge this season - Sunderland, Liverpool and United are the others.

They came out on top by the odd goal in seven when two much-changed sides met in the Carling Cup third round in September last year.

The Magpies also claimed a point from the league clash between the clubs at St James' Park on November 28 when Salomon Kalou's equaliser cancelled out Andy Carroll's early strike.

-skysport-

============

Bek Newcastle Ingin Bantu United Juara Pekan Ini

http://www.supersoccer.co.id/uploads/pics/03_Simpson_hd.jpg

Bek Newcastle United, Danny Simpson, ingin membantu Manchester United untuk memenangi gelar mereka di akhir pekan ini.

Simpson memulai karirnya di United sebelum akhirnya pindah ke St. James Park pada bulan Januari tahun lalu.

The Magpies akan menghadapi Chelsea akhir pekan ini dan hasilnya bisa sangat krusial jika ternyata pasukan Sir Alex Ferguson gagal meraih poin di kandang Blackburn Rovers.

Jika United kalah tapi The Blues kehilangan poin saat menghadapi Newcastle, maka trofi tetap mengarah ke kota Manchester di akhir musim ini.

Simpson berkata di The Sun, “Saya ingin Manchester United memenangi liga!”

“Saya ingin mengalahkan Chelsea dan semua orang di klub ini ingin mengalahkan Chelsea. Tapi hari Minggu ini, bisa berarti berbeda karena ada orang-orang yang saya kenal di Manchester United jika kami bisa mendapatkan sesuatu di sini.”

“Kami tahu ini bisa menjadi sebuah pertandingan yang sangat pentung dan jika memang itu yang terjadi, saya kemungkinan akan ditelpon oleh Sir Alex.”

“Satu atau dua pemain mungkin akan meng-sms saya juga mengenai hal ini.”

-supersoccer.co.id-

VaDLi
08-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Newcastle offer new contract to Simpson

Danny Simpson has been offered a fresh deal by Newcastle United.

The 24-year old defender has two years left on his current St James’ Park deal but Magpies management want to deal him in after he produced a solid season last term.

Simpson joined Newcastle permanently from Manchester United in January 2010 after starting a loan in August 2009 and now the club want to keep him long-term by offering him a three-year extension on his current deal.

-tribalfootball-

Redsbusby
08-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Pemain yg entah dr pertama ngeliat doi maen kurang greget untuk klub sekelas United...
Kurang punya karakter kayaknya :-?

troy andreas
28-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Good luck Danny..

QPR have confirmed the signing of Danny Simpson on a three-year contract.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/27/article-2349777-1A89DDCC000005DC-71_634x444.jpg

The defender, who is to arrive when his Newcastle contract officially expires on July 1, becomes manager Harry Redknapp's first signing of the summer and revealed the promise of first-team football is what lured him to Loftus Road.

'I want to play week in week out. That was the main thing for me. Harry wants me playing and he wants me involved,” he told www.qpr.co.uk.

'He’s a top manager, and as soon as I spoke to him I knew this was the right move for me.

'I’ve always admired him. He is a great man in the game and I have a lot of respect for him.

'In training and games I will give 110 per-cent. I know Harry has spoken to other coaches about me and I am sure one thing they would have said is that I am a good pro and that’s what he wants in his squad.'

Last season was a disastrous one for QPR in which Redknapp, who failed to inspire a significant improvement in form despite further recruitment when he succeeded Mark Hughes, repeatedly questioned the character of his players.

Regular complaints of a wage disparity between the club's long-term players and those who had more recently arrived further undermined the atmosphere around the team in an already difficult campaign and it is this, Redknapp says, he hopes Simpson's arrival can begin to correct.
'He’s the type we want at the club,' Redknapp said.

'He’s a good professional, a good character and a good player who knows his job in the side.

'He’ll be a really fine acquisition for us. It’s a fantastic piece of business for the club on a free transfer.

'Danny’s an experienced player and made a real name for himself at Newcastle. He played regularly in the side that just missed out on a place in the top four in 2011/12.

'I spoke to a few of the coaching staff at Newcastle – friends of mine from over the years who I know and trust – and they spoke very highly of him.'

Following his arrival from Manchester United, Simpson made 137 appearances for Newcastle. The January arrival of Mathieu Debuchy, however, vastly reduced his first-team opportunities at a time when he was also being strongly linked with West Ham and Wigan, and in the same way his first season at Newcastle ended with promotion to the Premier League, the defender is now hoping for similar success.

'From what I have heard from Harry and the staff I have spoken to, along with some of the players here who I know well, they are very determined to put things behind them and start afresh and get back into the Premier League where the club belongs,' Simpson explained.

'I want to play my part in that and do everything I can for the club and the fans. I really think we can go straight back up.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2349777/QPR-confirm-signing-Danny-Simpson-Harry-Redknapp-hails-fantastic-business.html#ixzz2XRcOWrLX

rondwisan
14-10-2014, 08:16 PM
http://e2.365dm.com/14/08/402x210/danny-simpson-leicester-city-transfer_3197845.jpg?20140830183443

TEAMtalk - Sunday 12th October 2014 16:58
Simpson over switch shock

Danny Simpson admits leaving Queens Park Rangers came as something of a surprise, but he is already feeling settled at Leicester City.

The 27-year-old defender helped QPR win promotion to the Premier League in 2013/14, but was moved on over the summer as he linked up with another top tier newcomer.

Leicester bought into the value of his experience and Simpson says he is enjoying being part of an ambitious squad under the guidance of Nigel Pearson.

He said in the Leicester Mercury: “Football is football and you never know what will happen, but it was a shock when QPR told me I was leaving.

“I pretty much played every game last year and I was expecting to start this season, but it has worked out better for me because it is a club going in the right direction from top to bottom.

“They are a great set of lads here and I wanted to be in a team that is progressing and wants to do well in the Premier League. I think we have shown that already.

“It has been a good start. To beat Manchester United at any time is great but to do it in the way we did, it was tremendous.

“The home form is the key and we are making home a bit of a fortress, especially with the fans.

“The atmosphere at the KP has been class. It has been electric and I want to be involved on the pitch and feel that.”

Simpson added on bedding in at the King Power Stadium: “I knew a few of the lads anyway so it has been easy to integrate.

“Everyone is so close and so together. It is nice to walk into a group like that.

“Everyone works hard on the pitch and off it. Everyone demands 100 per cent from each other and it is easy to walk into that environment. Once you have that, you have a great chance of doing well.

“Sometimes to walk in it can take a while to develop that spirit. They have already got it and I have walked into it.

“It has been quite easy to join in. Sometimes when you don’t make your debut you are itching and itching but everyone has been great to me.

“I understand I have to be patient. Ritchie De Laet has been doing a fantastic job in the team.

“All the lads have been great.”