PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Luke "Sam" Johnstone

rondwisan
27-07-2012, 10:02 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/bar_1129/11_12_season/Sam_Johnstone.jpg

rondwisan
27-07-2012, 10:06 PM
25/07/2012 16:47 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Johnstone's proud moment

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/807DBF8F24FC4D3DBC1224492FE3D140.ashx?h=359&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,0,273,410

Sam Johnstone was clearly a proud man after making his senior bow for Manchester United against Shanghai Shenhua.

The young keeper came on at half-time for Anders Lindegaard as Sir Alex Ferguson remained true to his word in giving match-time to every member of the DHL tour squad.

Although Johnstone had a quiet time of things as United dominated in a 1-0 victory, it was clear that the experience meant everything to him, despite skipper Rio Ferdinand's best efforts to distract him during the exclusive MUTV interview.

"Of course it's a proud moment for me and my family," he stated. "I got a text off my Dad in the morning saying I'd been working for this since I was 10 years old, which a lot of the team have.

"We've been together a long time and there were a lot of youngsters on the field."

Sir Alex commented, also on MUTV, about his England Under-19 international, who looks set to either be third-choice at Old Trafford next term or head out again on loan.

"He didn't have anything to do," said the boss. "But he's going to be a good keeper. We all know that he's tremendously talented and he's only 19 and is growing all the time, even if he is a big lad already."

Sam Johnstone facts

* Penalty shoot-out hero at Old Trafford in the Barclays Premier Reserve League play-off final against Aston Villa.

* Has captained England at Under-19 level and was No1 at the recent European Championship finals.

* Also represented his country at Under-16 and Under-18 level.

* Made nine appearances in the successful Reserves side last season.

* Spent some of last term on loan at Scunthorpe United.

Andi Istiabudi
28-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Dengan usia yang tidak berbeda jauh dengan De Gea, Sam Johnstone harus berjuang keras nih jika ingin menjadi kiper utama United beberapa tahun kedepan. Good luck, Sam ! ;)

MUFC1878
29-07-2012, 12:49 PM
asal dikasi jam terbang tinggi...ni bocah bisa geser joe hart di timnas :beer:

Andi Istiabudi
29-07-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.manutd.com/~/media/807DBF8F24FC4D3DBC1224492FE3D140.ashx?h=359&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,0,273,410

Sam Johnstone tingginya berapa yach ?

VaDLi
22-10-2012, 07:42 PM
mo gantiin de gea yg unhappy yak? ;p

Johnstone eyes top spot

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/CBBB1F75B01440F190F8C9CD1B7E84B2.ashx

Young goalkeeper Sam Johnstone accepts he needs to be patient but is striving to push David De Gea and Anders Lindegaard for the first-team spot at United.

The highly-rated keeper had a taste of life in Sir Alex's side during the DHL pre-season tour and has started the campaign in impressive form at Under-21 and Reserves level. Although still a teenager, the Preston-born shot-stopper appreciates he needs to be ready for when his opportunity comes.

"You've got to up your performance with the first-team so it helps you step up," explained Johnstone to MUTV. "You have to have a lot of hunger anyway just to be able to want to go up and play, get your chance and do well.

"Having a taste of it makes you hungrier to go for it, give it a good go and do your best. As a goalkeeper, you've got to be patient but, also, your chance can come very quickly so you have to be ready as well.

"Obviously, David and Anders are top keepers. David is young and Anders has got an older head on him but both are playing and doing well, which shows the manager has got faith in them and doesn't have a problem playing whoever.

"But I want to work hard to push those two and show I can step up if I'm needed."

The 19-year-old is also determined not to rest on his laurels after helping the Reserves sweep the board in terms of trophies in 2011/2012.

Warren Joyce's side have continued that form into this campaign by topping the Barclays Under-21 Premier League table and winning both Manchester Senior Cup ties.

"The lads have to realise we've done that but that's gone," he insisted, when asked about the impressive haul of silverware. "People are watching you now and not remembering you for last season.

"Warren always says before we go out for a game that there could be someone watching in the stands and it's the first time they've seen you and don't know if you're good. So you have to perform and show them.

"I think it's very important to kick on and not just relax because we've won something."

22/10/2012 08:00, Report by Adam Marshall

VaDLi
22-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Sam Johnstone tingginya berapa yach ?

kelilililililing di web ketemu tingginya sekitar 193cm om

Position: Goalkeeper
Date of Birth: 25th March 1993
Place of Birth: Preston, England
Height: 6ft 4in (1.93m)

Redsbusby
22-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Dengan umur degea yg msh 22 thn jujur raada berat dan lama kalo si spaniard konsisten.. Kayaknya penjaga gawang paling tinggi nih kalo dijejerin ama degea/lindegaard :D

troy andreas
22-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Dengan umur degea yg msh 22 thn jujur raada berat dan lama kalo si spaniard konsisten.. Kayaknya penjaga gawang paling tinggi nih kalo dijejerin ama degea/lindegaard :D

Kalau tinggi badan Sam 193cm, tinggi badan De Gea & Linde berapa yah gan?

Karna ini Jambul De Gea yang paling tinggi :))
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2705776303/39fd2d9fedd54ca30587ff2acdab58af.jpeg

troy andreas
22-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Foto Sam dengan Michael Jordan, nemu di akun twitter Sam.. Tinggi MJ itu 197cm tapi difoto lebih tinggi Sam. Nahhh hayoooo

https://yfrog.com/hwbneqcj:tw1

Redsbusby
22-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Kalau tinggi badan Sam 193cm, tinggi badan De Gea & Linde berapa yah gan?

Karna ini Jambul De Gea yang paling tinggi :))
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2705776303/39fd2d9fedd54ca30587ff2acdab58af.jpeg

Dari wiki 1.94, berarti msh tinggi lindegaard (paling tinggi).. gatau jg kalo johnstone msh bisa tumbuh lg, padahal pas mereka berdiri bareng di trit linde vs degea sama persis! Ya mana aja sih, gapenting jg :hammer::)) iya noh degea menang jambul..hahaha

VaDLi
22-10-2012, 11:20 PM
oooh mungkin tingginya dah nambah lagi...

di bbrp web disebutin sekitar 2 meter kurang dikit tapi ga yakin berapa pasnya...

troy andreas
22-10-2012, 11:26 PM
oooh mungkin tingginya dah nambah lagi...

di bbrp web disebutin sekitar 2 meter kurang dikit tapi ga yakin berapa pasnya...

Nahh tinggi Michael Jordan 197cm, coba liat foto siapa lebih tinggi :))

https://yfrog.com/hwbneqcj:tw1

UNITED1878
23-10-2012, 01:44 PM
ane berharap...ni kiper bisa geser joe hart di timnas >:)

troy andreas
13-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Johnstone eyes senior debut

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/0B4392F0332D4DBC941D9B39CA17CA7F.ashx?h=179&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,61,533,457
Report by Adam Marshall

Inside United sat down for a chat with Under-21 goalkeeper Sam Johnstone..

How are you finding the Under-21 league?
It’s good to play other teams that we never played growing up. We kept playing the local sides like Bolton and Liverpool so it is good that we’re playing southern teams too.

You have been on the bench several times for the first team this season..
Yes and it’s been really good experience just being around the lads. It’s funny because, when you’re not around them, you do get a bit star-struck and are not as comfortable with them. When you’re around them regularly, you get to know them and talk and everyone gets on really well.

Has going on the last couple of tours helped in that respect?
Of course but I think the biggest experience for me was the derby against Manchester City. That was really good – a great game – and I was able to celebrate from the bench!

Have you been pleased with your season in general?
I think the main thing was getting regular games for the Under-21s as I think, for a keeper, you need regular game-time. Ben Amos is back from Hull City and it’s a case of trying to keep everyone happy.

You’ve been away on loan before. How did you find the spell at Scunthorpe?
It was good as it helped me a lot. It was a difficult time when I was there as they were fighting relegation and hovering around the drop-zone. It was a good team but they just couldn’t get the results. It helped me to grow up from a little boy and into a man so it was all about maturing. You have to do everything for yourself and it was different.

Is it difficult being a young goalkeeper after tasting first-team football?
Well, there are a lot of young keepers around at the moment. You just need someone to put their trust in you and then it’s up to you to take the opportunity.

Are the goalkeepers at United a close-knit group?
I think the four of us (De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos and I) are close because we’re similar ages. Obviously, when Edwin [van der Sar] was here, everyone still got on with him but he was a bit older and wasn’t into the same joking about that we were. We mess about because we’re so close in age. We share the same interests and go out socially - playing snooker, shopping or eating out. Yet it’s still competitive in training.

It must have been a proud moment to make your debut on tour last summer..
Yes, it was good but the next thing is I just want to play in a competitive game. I think it’s been a bit difficult this year with the cup draws. We had four of the defence all making their debuts against Newcastle [in the Capital One Cup]. Obviously, David and Anders have been trying to fight it out for the No1 spot as well but, if it’s right, your time will come.

When you have been on the bench, do you have to be prepared to be thrown into the action at a moment’s notice?
Anything can happen. You could even end up starting the game rather than coming on as the goalkeepers have an intense warm-up. If an injury does happen, then you’re straight in. So it’s a case of having patience but realising it can happen within the click of your fingers.

Have you got any secrets to your penalty-saving skills?
Not really, to be honest. I saved three out of four against Aston Villa in the national play-off final. The only time we do penalties is a day before a first-team game when we’ll practice free-kicks and penalties with different players. Touch wood, I’ve been lucky. I just pick which way to go and look at the taker’s run-up.

You’ve captained your country at Under-19 level – was that a different experience for you?
Yes, in the summer in the European Championship. No, it’s not different, although you do think I’ve got to lead by example. I think, as a goalkeeper, you are already talking to people and telling them what to do. I think that’s very similar with the captaincy. It was nice and was at Preston, where I am from, and where my Dad played back in the day.

How big an influence has your father, Glenn been on your career?
It’s helped. When I was younger, we were always at the park. I was a defender at first but, back then, we never had a keeper so we rotated it each week. When it was my turn, I went in and enjoyed it and said I’d stay there. So I’ve been a keeper since I was 10.

How useful is it having friends like Nick Powell in and around the squad?
We have a lot of youngsters but obviously Nick is new. We were next door to each other on tour. He’d just come from Crewe and was then on tour with United so we got on. He lives around the corner from me. He’s a year younger but we’re the two youngsters in the dressing room. Everyone gets on with everyone. It’s a young team but the Reserves have mainly all grown up since the Under-12s. I’m lucky I’ve got a good age-group here and a good age-group with England.

You were competing with Jack Butland at England youth levels – he has now got a move to the Premier League..
He’s done well. He’s a good lad and a good goalkeeper. He’s managed to get himself into the England squad, has been around first-team football regularly and played in the Olympics. There has been a lot of hype around him as he’s been in the spotlight and he’s done well to get a move to Stoke.

Redsbusby
14-03-2013, 04:12 AM
Di klub ini, ngeliat tingkah Ferguson 5 musim terakhir plus faktor utamanya penampilan + usia De Gea, gw rasa yg bisa didapet Sam di United cuma 1 : Melatih Kesabaran. Gatau sampe kapan...

fredrian.seven
14-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Harusnya dia dipinjamkan aja. Sejelek2nya klub championship atau Div I lebih baik dibanding U-21. Peluang tampil di tim utama juga lebih kecil dibanding Lindi. Jadi ya dipinjamkan aja...

troy andreas
14-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Harusnya dia dipinjamkan aja. Sejelek2nya klub championship atau Div I lebih baik dibanding U-21. Peluang tampil di tim utama juga lebih kecil dibanding Lindi. Jadi ya dipinjamkan aja...

Dipinjam kemudian dijual kan? :ngacir:

Dengan progress & nilai investasi De Gea bakal sulit bagi Sam untuk tembus di tim utama, kalau pun bisa pasti "hanya" akan jadi pelapis De Gea. Bakat besar sebagai kiper timnas Inggris U19 tapi apa boleh buat, diatasnya masih ada yang lebih berbakat.

troy andreas
21-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Johnstone loaned to Walsall
Report by Adam Marshall

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/CBBB1F75B01440F190F8C9CD1B7E84B2.ashx?h=179&la=ar-SA&w=480&rgn=0,37,583,254

Sam Johnstone has joined Walsall on loan for the rest of the season.

The highly-rated keeper will replace Aaron McCarey, who has been recalled by Wolves, and is in line to make his debut for his new club against Hartlepool on Saturday.

Johnstone has impressed for the Under-21s again this term but Ben Amos' return from Hull City has increased the goalkeeping options open to Warren Joyce.

The England Under-19 international has already had temporary spells with Oldham and Scunthorpe.

"I want the next step of competitive football,” Johnstone told ManUtd.com recently. "I think you want to be playing in front of crowds.

“When you get in the first team, you can say: 'Well, I’ve done this already on loan for half a season or a whole season so it’s not so new to me'. It’s just the way it goes and it helps you improve.”

dudut
21-03-2013, 05:20 PM
sudah diloan

tinggal nunggu kpn dijual nya aja :hammer:

Redsbusby
21-03-2013, 09:35 PM
sudah diloan

tinggal nunggu kpn dijual nya aja :hammer:

Beda kasus dgn posisi lain bro. Kalo opsi ini mah (jual, nantinya) gw rasa banyak fans akan setuju. Liatlah degea dan umurnya, liatlah Lindegaard. Paling mentok si Sam cuma jd nomer 2 di tim. IMHO

troy andreas
25-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Happy birthday Sam Johnstone, born 25 March 1993.

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/3CEB315619C64543A8B70835E6E0737D.ashx?h=359&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,1,2007,3007

http://goalkeepermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sam-Johnstone.jpg

dudut
25-03-2013, 09:46 PM
happy b'day sam

redbusby yah sepertinya begitu bro,,apalagi seiring menanjaknya perform de gea,,
yg plg penting seh yg terbaik buat karier doi,,karna neh anak ckp berbakat

Nickz09
25-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Sam, dari raut wajah kayak ngantuk aja biar lgi main d lapangan , :D . tapi dia punya bakat yg luar biasa,, moga saja satu waktu bisa liat main di skuad utama. Happy B'day Samuel Johnstone

troy andreas
26-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Loans: Sam's clean sheet

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/0B4392F0332D4DBC941D9B39CA17CA7F.ashx?h=359&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,2,533,797

Sam Johnstone, who turned 20 on Monday, started his Walsall career with a clean sheet at Hartlepool on Saturday.

The on-loan keeper, who is aiding the Saddlers' League One play-off bid for the rest of the season, enjoyed a solid debut in freezing conditions in the North-East. Steve Howard and Anthony Sweeney were both denied by saves from the youngster as Walsall stretched their unbeaten league run to 10 games.

"I work every day with David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard and Ben Amos," he told the Express & Star. "I am working with some of the best goalkeepers in the world. It’s great experience and we are all young goalkeepers. That’s all great, but I need the experience of League games so I’m grateful for this chance.

"I’m just glad Walsall came in for me and I’m excited to come and play here. I was at Scunthorpe for five months last season and that was a great experience that helped me to grow up. It's proper football in a proper league – with crowds, where you’re playing for points. It’s the best thing for me. I wanted it and United wanted it.

"I couldn’t go out at the start of the season because Ben was at Hull but, once he came back to United, I wanted to take my chance to go out and learn, and to pick up experience, which you need as a goalkeeper. Hopefully I’m coming in here to help them get into the play-offs. I’m used to winning games at United so I want more of the same."

Sam Johnstone's loans

July 2011:
Oldham Athletic

September 2011:
Scunthorpe United

March 2013:
Walsall

next --- SALE?? :)) cc: Victory

troy andreas
15-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Johnstone backs U-20s

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/BC751D82175A46B89979C4ABC7E944EF.ashx?h=359&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=104,0,538,650

Young Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone believes his England team-mates can be “a match for anyone” at this month’s Under-20 World Cup in Turkey.

The tournament kicks off on Friday 21 June and Johnstone is joined in the England squad by fellow Reds Tom Thorpe and Larnell Cole. New signing Guillermo Varela and striker Angelo Henriquez will also line up for Uruguay and Chile respectively.

England’s U-21 team suffered the ignominy of finishing bottom of their group at the current European Championship following losses to Italy, Norway and Israel. Stuart Pearce’s side scored just one goal in those three games, but Johnstone is confident the U-20s can go one better.

His team, managed by Peter Taylor, will face Chile, Egypt and Iraq in Group E, with the young Three Lions ‘ first encounter against Iraq on Sunday 23 June (19:00 BST).

“It’s going to be a tough task in the group,” said Johnstone, who arrived in Turkey with the England team on Thursday. “When you look at the group, it’s going to be tougher than what it may first appear.

“But we have some very good individuals, so if we can bring that together we’ll be a good match for anyone.

“A lot of the lads have played a lot for their clubs this season in the first teams so I think it’s a good group of players. Hopefully everyone can bring their own experience to the team and we can be successful.”

Johnstone, who enjoyed a successful loan spell at Championship side Walsall last season, is vying for the no.1 shirt alongside Connor Ripley (Middlesbrough) and George Long (Sheffield United).

Reds team-mates Thorpe and Cole will also hope their performances last season and at the pre-tournament training camp have been enough to force their way into Taylor’s starting XI.

“We’ve got some good players here and the lads from United have done well this season so it’s great to have them in the squad,” Johnstone said. “We’ve had 10 days’ training, with a break in between, and it’s been good.

“It was the first time I’ve been to [new England training facility] St. George’s Park and it’s good – we managed to do some good training together.

“There are a few lads who haven’t been away together before so it was important for them. I think there’s a great spirit in the squad and even though most of the lads have been away with England teams before, it hasn’t been all together like this.”

With England’s opening game still more than a week away, Johnstone and his team-mates have plenty of time to acclimatise to their new surrounds at their base in Antalya.

“It’s lovely and warm here and the hotel is nice so all of the lads are glad to be here,” Johnstone said. “We’re all looking forward to the World Cup now.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Jun/sam-johnstone-england-under-20s-preview.aspx?pageNo=3

troy andreas
17-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Johnstone joins Yeovil

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/6ADD7F90747D4233857308AE988D734E.ashx?h=179&la=ar-SA&w=480&rgn=0,114,1558,690

United's promising goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has signed on loan for Yeovil Town.

The young shot-stopper, who was the England No1 at this summer's Under-20 World Cup, has linked up with the Glovers for the next three months.

After spending time with Oldham Athletic, Scunthorpe United and Walsall, the 20-year-old is continuing to learn his trade away from Old Trafford.

Johnstone is one of two keepers signed by Yeovil on Saturday with free agent Chris Dunn also joining the Championship outfit.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Aug/sam-johnstone-joins-yeovil-town-on-loan.aspx?newsid=5B94A7E1-1117-4531-8469-9405F56A7AC0

troy andreas
31-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Kontrak Ben Amos (23) berakhir pada musim panas 2015, Lindegaard (29) & De Gea (23) sampai 2016. Dengan bertambahnya durasi kontrak Johnstone artinya diantara Amos/ Lindegaard akan ada 1 yang akan dilepas, karena di United U18, Joel Perreira (17) & Piereluigi Gollini (18) mainnya juga sangat bagus. Tinggal entar lihat siapa yang akan jadi pelapis De Gea kedepan.

Johnstone signs new deal

Sam Johnstone

Born: 25 March 1993, Preston. (20)

Joined United: 1 July 2009

2013/14 appearances for U21s: 5

Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has signed a three-and-a-half-year extension to his Manchester United contract, committing his future to the club until June 2017.

The 20-year-old took to Twitter to speak of his delight at his new deal, saying: "Really happy to sign a new three-and-a-half-year contract. I want to keep learning from the best and improving each day at the best club in the world."

Johnstone has been a regular for the Under-21s this season, since a finger injury cut short a planned three-month loan at Championship Yeovil after just one game in August.

The young shot-stopper has been with the Reds since 2009 and is awaiting his first senior appearance, though he was on the bench for two games in December: the Capital One Cup win over Stoke and the Barclays Premier League defeat of West Ham.

An FA Youth Cup winner with the Reds in 2011, Johnstone has also previously enjoyed loan spells with Walsall and Scunthorpe, and was England’s no.1 at last summer's Under-20 World Cup.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jan/sam-johnstone-signs-contract-extension-with-manchester-united.aspx

troy andreas
05-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Doncaster Rovers: We’re in safe hands with Manchester United keeper Sam Johnstone

http://www.thestar.co.uk/webimage/1.6417439.1391583669!/image/1116052394.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/1116052394.jpg

Rovers are in safe hands with rookie keeper Sam Johnstone, says Paul Dickov.

Dickov again put his contacts in Manchester to good use on deadline day, snapping up the England Under 20 captain as a stand-in for the injured Ross Turnbull.

And the Scot says he has every faith in the Manchester United youngster - who made his debut in Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough - to be a more than capable replacement.

“Sam’s a goalkeeper we know a lot about. We’ve had him earmarked for a while in case anything happened to Ross,” said Dickov.

“United have been fantastic with us, allowing us to bring Sam in.

“He’s going to be a top keeper and he’s someone United rate really highly.

“He’s England Under 20 captain and he’s just signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at United.

“United don’t hand out deals like that to kids if they don’t think they’re top class.”

Turnbull, meanwhile, is expected to be ruled out for a month with a calf problem.

Dickov said: “Ross has been playing through the pain barrier for us for the last three or four weeks.

“He had a calf strain and, through compensating for that, both of his calves have become really tight.

“Through the advice of the specialist he needs three to four weeks rest.

“We’re going to give him that rest because we don’t want to lose him for the rest of the season."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-we-re-in-safe-hands-with-manchester-united-keeper-sam-johnstone-paul-dickov-1-6417442

alfiandrmwn
28-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Sam Johnstone bawa Preston North End promosi ke divisi Championship, well done sam johnstone !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF0iMKPVIAAx0TA.jpg

alfiandrmwn
21-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Dengan cideranya De Gea & Lindegaard di posisi kiper, LVG mengkonfirmasi jika Sam Johnstone akan menjadi pilihan selama 90 menit di laga besok

zudomiriku
11-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Sam Johnstone admits he's unsure about Manchester United future after missing out on Tottenham clash

* Sam Johnstone was left on the bench for Manchester United's 1-0 victory against Tottenham
* Louis van Gaal opted to select Argentine Sergio Romero on Saturday
* Johnstone admits he has been left in the dark over the decision

Manchester United's goalkeeping farce has left Sam Johnstone in the dark over his future at Old Trafford after he missed out on a ‘dream’ debut.

Johnstone, 22, was on standby to play against Tottenham at the weekend after manager Louis van Gaal decided to take Real Madrid target David de Gea out of the firing line until the transfer window closes, having already told back-up keepers Victor Valdes and Anders Lindegaard that they can leave the club.

Van Gaal ended up picking new signing Sergio Romero ahead of Johnstone, who sat on the bench after featuring in every game on United’s pre-season tour, while De Gea, Valdes and Lindegaard watched on from the stands.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/bu7che/zudo1/zudo1001/2B32B2A600000578-3192934-image-a-25_1439244940977_zpsc2xq3xhd.jpg (http://s178.photobucket.com/user/bu7che/media/zudo1/zudo1001/2B32B2A600000578-3192934-image-a-25_1439244940977_zpsc2xq3xhd.jpg.html)
Sam Johnstone in the dark over his future at Manchester United after he missed out on a ‘dream’ debut

The Dutchman is expected to sign another new goalkeeper if De Gea joins Madrid, but the uncertainty means that Johnstone has no idea if he will be allowed to return to Preston on loan, having helped his hometown team win promotion to the Championship through the playoffs last season.

‘I’m not sure,’ said Johnstone. ‘Nothing has been said really. We’re waiting on different situations and have to see how it pans out.

‘I need to play games but on the other hand I’m contracted here to Manchester United. It (the future of other keepers) does have a knock-on effect on me.

‘I appreciated that Preston waited until last weekend. They had to bring someone in because they had their first game on Sunday. But if I get the chance to go out on loan I would still like to go back.

‘I finished last season on a high playing in the Play-off Final at Wembley with my hometown club so I need to kick on from that, but hopefully if I am involved a lot I can still learn here.

‘There are four keepers – David, Sergio, Victor and Anders – and it’s great for me picking their brains and trying to improve.

‘They may have individual problems but they don’t bring them to training. The manager has said that David has gone about his business in the right way, and we stick together.

‘Whoever plays, the other keepers are behind him. And you have to realise that we are working with the goalkeeper who is going to play to prepare him for the game. We are friends but there is a healthy rivalry.’

Johnstone’s hopes of a first-team debut for United were dashed when Van Gaal informed his players on Thursday that Romero had got the nod, even though he had only been training with the club for a few days. The 28-year-old Argentine performed well, however, and kept a clean sheet against Spurs.

‘I’ve been at the club since I was 10 so it would be a dream come true to play in the first team,’ said Johnstone. ‘I played in all four games on the tour and thought I did well, but the manager has gone with his decision and you have to respect that. I was fully behind Sergio.

‘It is not easy, no matter how much experience he has got, to come in. He’s only been with us for two weeks, not played a game, but had to go into the first home game of the season at Old Trafford, and I thought he did well.

‘It was a difficult decision for the manager – he said it to everyone. But he obviously knew who was going to play, and we found out on Thursday. That was good because it gave whoever was going to play time to get their head around it and prepare for the game.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3192934/Sam-Johnstone-admits-s-unsure-Manchester-United-future-missing-Tottenham-clash.html

zudomiriku
25-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Sam Johnstone to be loaned out by Manchester United with Fulham, Preston and Wolves interested

* Johnstone was given the go-ahead on Tuesday, with the Championship trio among the clubs interested
* He enjoyed a successful loan spell at Preston and kept a clean sheet in the play-off final as the club achieved promotion to the Championship
* Johnstone has represented England at Under 16, 17, 19 and 20 levels

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has been told by manager Louis van Gaal that he can go out on loan.

Sportsmail understands that Johnstone was given the go-ahead on Tuesday, with Fulham, Wolves and Preston North End among the clubs interested.

With David de Gea wavering over a new deal at the start of the season, Johnstone looked a shoo-in to get some first-team appearances under his belt.

But Van Gaal opted to play Sergio Romero instead, and when De Gea put pen to paper on a long-term deal, Johnstone saw his chances disappear.

Van Gaal refused to let him leave for a Championship club, with Johnstone’s agent Jordan Segal saying in August: ‘Sam just wants to play football but Manchester United are holding him back and not even playing him.

‘He is a young goalkeeper and it is time for him to play regularly. If that is not at Manchester United, then it has to be elsewhere. This is an example of young English talent being held back by Van Gaal.’

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/bu7che/zudo1/zudo1001/2EC8E3F900000578-0-image-a-94_1448410407512_zpsy5pvwo5x.jpg (http://s178.photobucket.com/user/bu7che/media/zudo1/zudo1001/2EC8E3F900000578-0-image-a-94_1448410407512_zpsy5pvwo5x.jpg.html)
Sam Johnstone helped Preston win the play-off final after a successful loan spell with the club last year

Johnstone penned a new three-year deal in January 2014 under former United boss David Moyes.

The goalkeeper — who represented England at Under 16, 17, 19 and 20 level — enjoyed a successful loan spell at Preston North End last season and kept a clean sheet in the play-off final as the club achieved promotion to the Championship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3332819/Sam-Johnstone-loaned-Manchester-United-Fulham-Preston-Wolves-interested.html

alfiandrmwn
25-03-2016, 05:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeXKVJKUMAAnMxO.jpg
Selamat ulang tahun untuk penjaga gawang mufc, sam johnstone50

zudomiriku
10-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Aberdeen want Fergie to help get Man Utd keeper Johnstone

Scotland club Aberdeen are hoping to sign Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, with the help of former Red Devils and Dons manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 23-year-old, who has enjoyed loan spells at Oldham Athletic, Yeovil Town, Scunthorpe United, Doncaster Rovers and Preston North End, is unlikely to feature in Jose Mourinho's plans next season.

According to the Daily Express, Pittodrie boss Derek McInnes is currently looking to add a keeper to his squad and has identified Johnstone as a possible candidate.

McInnes is hoping that Ferguson could help him convince Johnstone to join the Scottish club he guided to unbridled success in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aberdeen-want-fergie-to-help-get-man-utd-keeper-johnstone-4133311?utm_source%3Dmoreover%26utm_medium%3Drss-feed%26utm_campaign%3DFeed-Latest%2BArticles

Andi Istiabudi
24-07-2016, 12:28 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/7C902901C83A4AB9888095DA94C210A7.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,97,1941,1191

JOHNSTONE HAPPY WITH PRE-SEASON OUTINGS

Sam Johnstone hopes he can build on his two pre-season performances against Wigan Athletic and Borussia Dortmund, with the Manchester United goalkeeper admitting to having mixed feelings after each match.

Johnstone started both games and made some solid saves in each, but the stopper said all the players were frustrated by the 1-4 end result against Dortmund on the back of a 2-0 win over the Latics.

"Playing for Man United is my dream, so it’s been really good, but we were disappointed with the result," he told ManUtd.com. "Both games have been very different. It was pleasing to beat Wigan but Dortmund had played four or five games before they played us, so they were a little bit sharper than us.

"Coming to this side of the world [China] on tour is great; it’s a fresh start for everyone to show the manager what they can do in training and the matches. I’m grateful to have played in the last two games, but I want to build on that and keep doing my best."

Asked about playing behind new signing Eric Bailly, Johnstone enthused: "Eric is new to the club but he has settled quickly and well. He’s strong and not scared to get stuck in and he doesn’t take any messing."

Johnstone spoke of working with Jose Mourinho and his new coaches, explaining how their encouragement on the training pitch has given the squad confidence.

"It’s been very good," he continued. "The lads are loving it and it’s great to work with the new goalkeeping coaches and get the work in during pre-season. Hopefully it sets us up for the season ahead.

"The manager encourages the lads to go out and play and express themselves on the training pitch and take that into matches. He’s behind the lads and gives us the confidence to express ourselves. That’s why we’re gutted about the result against Dortmund because we wanted to go out and make our mark."

http://www.manutd.com/

alfiandrmwn
17-08-2016, 01:17 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/2F773F60758A493082A50D102A417658.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=13,0,1986,1107

JOHNSTONE HOPING TO CATCH THE EYE

Sam Johnstone is hoping his fine form in the Reserves impresses manager Jose Mourinho as he naturally seeks first-team football.

The 23-year-old was Man of the Match in the 1-0 victory over Leicester City in the Premier League 2 opener on Monday night, making several top saves and setting up Demi Mitchell's late winner with a quick kick downfield.

Afterwards, he spoke to MUTV as he strives to build on pre-season when he appeared for Mourinho's men against Wigan Athletic and Borussia Dortmund.

"Of course, it's good to be around the first team," he said. "Obviously, you never know when a chance might come but, on the other hand, I do need to play football. I've been on loan in previous seasons and enjoyed it, playing men's football for points in front of crowds. You can't beat that.

"But, like I've said, I'm here and, every time I step on the pitch, I'm here to do a job and hopefully show the manager what I can do and push Sergio [Romero] and David [De Gea].

"I'm happy we won. The lads put in a great effort as we played an experienced Leicester side. We've got a young team but we dug in, worked hard and got the reward for it. I've worked with Warren Joyce for a while and he gets you working hard. I enjoy playing for him and always give it my best."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/manchester-united-keeper-sam-johnstone-looking-to-push-on.aspx

Andi Istiabudi
23-08-2016, 11:33 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/D5E191A85B3C46038BD982F3D08F71E2.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,73,2000,1200

TIME IS STILL ON JOHNSTONE'S SIDE

The life of any young goalkeeper rising through the ranks at a top club can be a hard one. There is an obvious need for patience, married with the desperation for a chance to impress in order to prove you are worthy of the no.1 jersey.

In the opening round of Premier League fixtures, the average age for the man between the posts was over 31. More than half were in their thirties and the youngest starter in nets was 24-year-old Thibaut Courtois of Chelsea.

Sam Johnstone, at 23, has been close to making his first-team bow for the Reds for some time. He was on the bench for the opening six games of last term and, despite keeping goal in pre-season fixtures, still yearns for his competitive debut for the club he loves.

"It would mean everything," he tells ManUtd.com at the Aon Training Complex, with a determined look in his eyes. "I've been with the club since I was 10 years old and have grown up here. That's what you're waiting for and you've got to be ready for it so, obviously, it would mean everything for both me and my family to make that competitive debut.

"There's been so much hard work, with the support of my family taking me everywhere, before finally moving away from home, doing my schooling here and training. I went to The Cliff and gradually worked my way up from there. The next thing, I've been here 12-13 years. It flies by. There has been a lot of dedication, I've missed out on a lot of things but I wouldn't ever change the position I am in."

That position, as third-choice goalkeeper for one of the biggest clubs in the world, might be seen as some achievement for a young man from Preston or, at the very least, certainly the start of bigger things. When the competition for the gloves is provided by arguably the best on the planet and Argentina's first choice, there is clearly no easy route into Jose Mourinho's side.

This is what you would expect at a club like United but it is not like Johnstone is shying away from the challenge. Far from it, in fact.

"I don't think there's any difference between me and, say, Marcus [Rashford] and Jesse [Lingard]," he contends. "They want to play for Manchester United. I want to play for Manchester United. I'm going to have to bide my time a little bit, being in a position where I've got one of the best goalkeepers in the world ahead of me but I will use that to my advantage and learn from it.

"Of course, it is even more difficult as a keeper and people don't seem to properly understand that. You've got one position in the team and that is taken up by a world-class player. I've been learning from him since he first came and training with him every day, and the coaches and Sergio [Romero], is only helping me.

"To be honest, I've always said that being on loan and working with different goalkeeping coaches also gives you different ideas to take on board. Some work and some don't but I've always learned something from each coach and put it into my own game. It's a good position to be working with different coaches as you can learn as much as possible from them, particularly with ex-players."

Remarkably, there has been some criticism of Johnstone for his current role at United. He has been travelling with the first-team squad and working with De Gea and Romero in the build-up to matches, reflecting his seniority. It would appear a positive move to keep him involved but, confusingly, this has been viewed negatively in some quarters.

"It doesn't bother me and you're always going to get it," said Johnstone. "Social media is massive and you do see everything. You can't not see it when everything is online. But people don't know what is going on behind the scenes at the club and the progress you are making.

"Of course, it's a long road and I have to be patient. I'm still only 23 and learning every day. I do see comments on social media, I even saw it said: 'You're a goalkeeper coach' and stuff like that. It's the opposite. I'm learning from the coaches, from David and Sergio. So people say things but don't really know the inside story. I think it's wrong but people are entitled to their opinion.

"It's good to be around the squad, I'm in the first-team dressing room and travelling as the manager wants to take three goalkeepers to each game," he added. "I feel involved and, even in the warm-ups before the game, the manager can see you. It was great to play against Wigan and Borussia Dortmund in pre-season because it gives you a little taste for it and I want more and want to impress the manager as well."

One thing you can never accuse Johnstone of, having interviewed him several times, is lacking ambition. He proved himself out on loan and enjoyed real success with hometown club Preston North End, securing promotion via the play-offs in 2015. He knows he remains one of the best young keepers in England and his time to show that will come.

"I'm not settling to just sit here," he stressed. "I'm too young to do that. I have been around for a while and people probably think I'm older than 23 as I've had my loan spells, played first-team football, kept a clean sheet at Wembley for Preston and achieved promotion.

"I've been out and done it and, on a smaller scale, replicated what it's like at United when I was at Preston. They wanted to get promoted and United want to win the league. There was pressure being towards the top of the table and bidding to stay there before a one-off game at Wembley to win promotion. They were great experiences to bring back here and help me mature to become a better goalkeeper.

"I have experienced a lot in the last few years," he continued. "Now it's about using those experiences to push myself and push Sergio and David and hopefully show the manager what I can do. I want to play football and, at this moment of my career, it's going to be a bit different for me because I am on the learning side of things. But I'm learning from the best in the world at the biggest club. My dream is to play for Manchester United and it's all about timing. It's going to be very difficult but it's my dream. I've worked towards that every day since I was 10 years old."

Mourinho has already pointed out that United's busy schedule, including the League Cup and Europa League, will present opportunities for more of his players. Johnstone certainly feels ready if the call does come from the Reds boss at any stage.

"My job is to show that I can do it," he explained. "Hopefully, he trusts me to do it because I'm learning every day from him as well. He is a very experienced manager, a good guy and a great coach. There are a lot of games coming up and I've always got to be ready. Anything can happen in football."

Johnstone can become the 10th member of the 2011 FA Youth Cup-winning side to make the breakthrough into the first team. If he does, it will be well worth the wait and a moment to savour for the talented keeper and all those who value the importance of homegrown talent.

zudomiriku
26-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Nottingham Forest and Cardiff enter chase for in-demand Manchester United reserve keeper Sam Johnstone

* Sam Johnstone has not played a competitive game for Manchester United
* Cardiff and Nottingham Forest the latest clubs to show interest in him
* Jose Mourinho has already rejected bids from Aston Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Huddersfield and Bristol City

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is wanted by Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City.

United have already turned down bids for Johnstone from Aston Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Huddersfield and Bristol City during the window but the Championship rivals are hoping to conclude a loan before the window closes.

Jose Mourinho has been impressed by the 23-year-old and his attitude. He believes Johnstone has a future at United and can push David de Gea and Sergio Romero but needs more competitive experience first.

https://s15.postimg.org/3mwwm0xqz/3793BB5700000578-0-image-a-51_1472155841118.jpg (https://postimage.org)
United reserve keeper Sam Johnstone has been chased by a host of Championship clubs

'My job is to show that I can do it,' said Johnstone. 'Hopefully, he trusts me to do it because I'm learning every day from him as well. He is a very experienced manager, a good guy and a great coach. There are a lot of games coming up and I've always got to be ready. Anything can happen in football.'

Johnstone, a member of United's 2011 FA Youth Cup winning side, has been at United since he was ten.

He was on the bench for the opening six games of last term and figured in pre-season but has still to make his competitive debut for United. However, Johnstone has been encouraged by coaching staff that he can make the breakthrough.

'I don't think there's any difference between me and, say, Marcus [Rashford] and Jesse [Lingard],' he told Manutd.com.

'They want to play for Manchester United. I want to play for Manchester United. I'm going to have to bide my time a little bit, being in a position where I've got one of the best goalkeepers in the world ahead of me but I will use that to my advantage and learn from it.

'It's good to be around the squad, I'm in the first-team dressing room and travelling as the manager wants to take three goalkeepers to each game,' he added.

'I feel involved and, even in the warm-ups before the game, the manager can see you. It was great to play against Wigan and Borussia Dortmund in pre-season because it gives you a little taste for it and I want more and want to impress the manager as well.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3758947/Nottingham-Forest-Cardiff-enter-chase-demand-Manchester-United-reserve-keeper-Sam-Johnstone.html

zudomiriku
14-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce targeting move for Manchester United keeper Sam Johnstone

* Steve Bruce is a January target for Manchester United's Sam Johnstone
* Jose Mourinho rates Johnstone but wants him to gain experience on loan
* Johnstone has had spells with Preston North End and Doncaster Rovers
* United are looking to offer the keeper a contract extension before January

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is a January target for new Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce.

Bruce has Pierluigi Gollini, Jed Steer and Mark Bunn on his books but they have struggled to convince in a shaky start to the season.

Bruce knows a strong defence is key to Villa's resurgence and wants a settled presence behind his team. Johnstone comes highly recommended and is well regarded in the game.

https://s13.postimg.org/h34k7l0vr/395D47B100000578_3837219_image_a_66_147639675059.j pg (https://postimage.org)
Steve Bruce is targeting Manchester United's Sam Johnstone, who is rated by Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho rates the 23-year-old also but United's manager wants Johnstone to gain greater experience on loan so that he can provide stronger competition for David de Gea and Sergio Romero.

Johnstone has had spells with Preston North End and Doncaster Rovers in recent years but a move to high-profile Villa would be viewed as a step up.

United fielded enquiries from 10 clubs in August who were keen to take him on loan with the likes of Fulham, Wolves, Leeds, Bristol City, Wigan and Nottingham Forest among those to ask.

Johnstone only has 18 months left on contract and United are looking to offer him an extension before January.

Speaking in the summer, Johnstone said: 'I've been on loan in previous seasons and enjoyed it, playing men's football for points in front of crowds. You can't beat that.

'But, like I've said, I'm here and, every time I step on the pitch, I'm here to do a job and hopefully show the manager what I can do and push Sergio [Romero] and David [De Gea].'

Villa, meanwhile, have approached United coach Warren Joyce to become Steve Bruce's assistant though Stephen Clemence of Hull City is also in the frame.

Hull are expected to confirm Mike Phelan as their permanent manager later today on a £1.5m a year deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3837219/Aston-Villa-boss-Steve-Bruce-targeting-Manchester-United-keeper-Sam-Johnstone.html

Andi Istiabudi
17-10-2016, 12:55 AM
Meski berat peluangnya menjadi kiper pertama United tapi semoga tetap semangat terus yach :)

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/D5E191A85B3C46038BD982F3D08F71E2.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,166,2000,1293

JOHNSTONE PENS NEW UNITED DEAL

Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has signed a new contract at Manchester United which keeps him at the club until June 2018 with the option to extend for a further year.

Johnstone, 23, has come through United's academy system and has been with the club since he was 10 years old. Sam has represented the club at every level before being promoted to the first-team squad.

Johnstone told ManUtd.com: "I am delighted to have signed a new contract. I have been with the club since I was 10 years old and have grown up here. The last 13 years have flown by and I have enjoyed every moment of my time here so far. I am working with world-class goalkeepers every day and now I am going to use all that experience to push myself and show the manager what I can do."

Jose Mourinho said: "Sam is a goalkeeper with great potential. He is a very professional young man with a great attitude to the game. He has progressed immensely even during my short time at the club. I am delighted he has committed his future to Manchester United."

alfafianjihan
17-10-2016, 02:14 AM
Glad to see this big man extended his contract at Old Trafford, good luck to your career :shakehand:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu5Q5b-XEAAetvG?format=jpg&name=large

Andi Istiabudi
17-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Glad to see this big man extended his contract at Old Trafford, good luck to your career :shakehand:

Semoga suatu saat nanti Sam bisa berkontribusi bagi United dalam merebut trofi di belakangnya itu :)

alfafianjihan
17-10-2016, 02:26 AM
Semoga suatu saat nanti Sam bisa berkontribusi bagi United dalam merebut trofi di belakangnya itu :)

Aamiin :-c

fredrian.seven
17-10-2016, 10:00 AM

Betah banget jadi cadangan. :D Nggak ingin mengikuti Tom Heaton yg sukses setelah pergi dari bangku cadangan United dan jadi 4 kiper utama timnas Inggris. Btw, selamat Sam. Moga nasibnya lebih sukses kedepannya.

alfafianjihan
17-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Betah banget jadi cadangan. :D Nggak ingin mengikuti Tom Heaton yg sukses setelah pergi dari bangku cadangan United dan jadi 4 kiper utama timnas Inggris. Btw, selamat Sam. Moga nasibnya lebih sukses kedepannya.

Sudah di MU sejak umur 10 tahun om, mungkin sudah terlanjur cinta sama Manchester United dan mungkin juga Sam ngerasa dia punya kualitas yg oke dan masih bisa bersaing dengan Romero & De Gea.
Well, apapun itu, diperpanjangnya kontrak Sam Johnstone, itu membuktikan bahwa Manchester United masih butuh dia, entah sebagai pelapis ataupun mungkin sebagai kiper di tim reserve.
Iya om, semoga Sam bisa sukses dan dapet tempat di Manchester United :)

penk22_
31-12-2016, 07:57 PM
BOSS: JOHNSTONE CAN LEAVE UNITED ON LOAN

Jose Mourinho has told reporters that Sam Johnstone is the only Manchester United player who will be allowed to leave the club on loan during the upcoming January transfer window.

The 23-year-old goalkeeper, who won the FA Youth Cup in 2011, is yet to register a senior appearance for the club as he continues to provide back-up for David De Gea and Sergio Romero.

Johnstone has previously spent time on loan at six different clubs, most recently Preston North End, with whom he won promotion from League One to the Championship in 2015/16.

Mourinho discussed the prospect’s future during his pre-match press conference at the Aon Training Complex on Friday, when he told the media: “Sam Johnstone is the only player that I allow to go on loan because he doesn't play one single minute. He needs to play.

“We have a young goalkeeper in Joel [Pereira], a goalkeeper who played many minutes in the last six months. For the development of both, Joel played six months in the Portuguese Premier League and now it's time for Sam to play six months – and that's the only loan move that we're going to do.”

Continuing his answer, the manager reiterated his stance that United will only allow members of the first-team squad to leave on permanent transfers if the conditions are correct for all parties.

“I don't want to sell players,” Jose said. “The club, the board, are totally with me – they don't want to sell players. But as I told before, if a player is not having lots of minutes and if a player really wants to leave, we have no right to stop the player to leave – if the conditions are our conditions. And until this moment we have not received one single offer that we are going to accept.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Dec/Jose-Mourinho-confirms-Sam-Johnstone-can-leave-Manchester-United-on-loan-in-January.aspx

Andi Istiabudi
05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/2FE26A3743584F3E98D8E480EA890336.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,119,2106,1306

JOHNSTONE JOINS ASTON VILLA ON LOAN

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has joined Aston Villa on loan for the remainder of the season.

The 23-year-old has had previous spells with Scunthorpe United, Walsall, Yeovil Town, Doncaster Rovers and Preston North End and will relish the prospect of more first-team football.

Johnstone told Villa's official website: "I’m really pleased to have joined Aston Villa - it’s a massive club.
"It's an opportunity I jumped at, it's one you simply can’t turn down. I'm delighted to be here and I can’t wait to work with Steve Bruce. I’ve heard very good things about the manager."

Bruce, the ex-United skipper, has revived the Midlanders' fortunes with the club now in mid-table after a disappointing start to life in the Championship. The Villa boss has raided Old Trafford to bring in Johnstone with another former United Academy keeper, Pierluigi Gollini, also currently on the club's books. Mark Bunn kept goal in Monday's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff City.

Johnstone signed a new contract with the Reds in October and has been on the bench twice for the first team this term. United manager Jose Mourinho confirmed recently the England Under-21 international would be the only senior member of the squad to leave on loan this month.

The 2011 FA Youth Cup winner spoke to ManUtd.com at the start of the season about his patience and determination to succeed with the Reds, and will surely benefit from the move to a club as big as Villa. In the meantime, his third place in the pecking order of goalkeepers at Old Trafford appears to have been taken temporarily by Joel Castro Pereira, who has returned from a loan spell at Belenenses in Portugal.

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
06-01-2017, 09:34 AM
https://s24.postimg.org/9ex2so5ol/3BDDE2C100000578_4090834_image_a_10_148362024459.j pg (https://postimage.org)
New Aston Villa loan signing Sam Johnstone is unveiled at Bodymoor Heath training ground

Andi Istiabudi
06-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Untuk menggantikan posisi De Gea dalam 5 tahun kedepan nyaris mustahil tapi untuk menggantikan posisi Romero dalam 5 tahun kedepan sepertinya masih ada harapan :D

Andi Istiabudi
30-03-2017, 10:55 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/FAD3782105EB4E789A72F70EA8E39BD4.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,13,2000,1130

REDS KEEPER JOHNSTONE REPAYS BRUCE'S FAITH

Sam Johnstone feels he has adapted to regular first-team football with Aston Villa and is thoroughly enjoying his spell on loan from Manchester United.

Villa manager Steve Bruce has been rewarded for his faith in the 24-year-old goalkeeper with a run of five clean sheets in the last six games ahead of the weekend encounter with another of the ex-United skipper's former clubs, Norwich City.

Johnstone, an FA Youth Cup winner with the Reds in 2011, has the stage he has been craving to show off his talents between the posts and is getting better and better with each passing match.

"I’ve had loan spells at other places," he told ManUtd.com. "But the size of this club (Villa) tops it off by a mile. That’s what you want as a player – to push yourself and play for the bigger clubs, in front of larger crowds, with bigger expectations. It can only serve you well.

"The club is massive. It is a Premier League club. They need to be back up there and, hopefully, I can help them do that. So it’s good and I’m enjoying it. It’s a massive club and walking out at Villa Park on a Saturday in front of 35,000 people, it’s crazy, and something I’ve been wanting to do for the first half of the season. I then got the chance in January to go and do it and I hope we can keep winning until the end of the season.

"Obviously, January was difficult as there were a lot of changes at Villa and I was one of them. But I’m happy to be out playing football, playing every Saturday-Tuesday and things have turned around for us in recent weeks so I’m really enjoying it.

"It was a tough start but I hadn’t played a first-team game for a year and it took a while to get going. Hopefully everyone can see what I can do now and I hope it carries on until the end of the season with my team-mates. I’m happy with the clean sheets, it’s a bonus, but we’re winning and that’s good."

Johnstone made a high-profile debut for Villa in the Emirates FA Cup against Tottenham at White Hart Lane and explained how it takes time for a new goalkeeper to get used to new surroundings.

"I only went to Villa on the Wednesday or Thursday and I was asked if I wanted to play or if it was too early," he said. "But, no, I wanted to play and I told the staff at Villa I wanted to play. I was buzzing. I was excited and wanted it to happen straight away. The game against Tottenham was a good experience. I felt I did well but I was gutted about losing.

"I think it's easy to underestimate how different it is. I was training at Manchester United but, you know, there is nothing like competitive game time. It’s all about getting your timing back, the surroundings, the pressure of having to win the game, your distances, working with new defenders and lots of stuff that people don’t see. We worked through it and, like you said, the clean sheets and the saves are coming, as is the team performance. The new lads have all settled in and everyone can now see how good the team is."

Bruce's backing has been crucial in building the United Academy graduate's confidence and another former Red, ex-goalkeeper Gary Walsh, is also providing assistance on a daily basis.

"Obviously, having him [Bruce] as a manager, he was at United and has managed for a long time, so he understands everything," added Johnstone. "I am glad he was patient with me and, hopefully, I’m repaying him back with the performances, clean sheets and wins.

"Gary's the goalkeeper coach and it’s the first time I’ve worked with him or come across him. I’m really enjoying my time working with him and the other keepers. Like the manager, he has played for Manchester United and knows what it is all about. That experience is something he can help me with and it’s obviously a positive for all of us. He is calm and knows what he is doing."

While Bruce and Walsh are well known to fans of United in the early 1990s, Johnstone has linked up with a couple of men with more recent Reds connections.

"Chessie [former United Reserves defender James Chester] is captain," said Sam. "He’s a little bit older than me but I knew him from when I was younger at United so it’s good to see him again. Ritchie De Laet is there too but he’s injured at the moment. So there are a couple of familiar faces.

"It does help when you know someone there before you go. There were a few players I knew anyway and it helped but, to be honest, there's a good group of players and staff around the training ground. It does help massively to settle you in straight away so you feel at home."

Villa are up to 12th in the Championship table after flirting with the relegation zone earlier in the year. Although it would take some charge up the standings to reach the play-offs, Johnstone is not ruling anything out.

"It would take some doing," he said. "But you never know in this league. Anyone can beat anyone. In January, we were on top for most of the games but just couldn’t get the results. Things are swinging our way now and we’re getting the results as well as the performances. Hopefully, we can carry it on in the last eight games and keep pushing to maybe just sneak into the play-offs at the last minute and take it from there. Fingers crossed, because that would be great for us and the fans."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
25-04-2017, 10:31 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/146AC61E0BC24034A182F7B2AE77518F.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=113,46,1906,1053

UNITED'S GOALKEEPING BROTHERS KICKING ON

Manchester United’s goalkeeping brothers Max and Sam Johnstone are hoping for a positive end to the season on a personal note as they both make progress with their careers.

Despite not making a competitive appearance for the Reds, Sam is well known to the club's fans as a member of the first-team squad for several seasons and the goalkeeper for the 2011 FA Youth Cup-winning side. The 24-year-old, who has seen some senior action on United's pre-season tours, joined Aston Villa on loan in January and has been in excellent form for Steve Bruce's men in the Championship, keeping his eighth clean sheet in 12 games as the Villans beat Birmingham City 1-0 in Sunday's Midlands derby.

Sam's younger brother Max, 18, only arrived at United last summer but has been in the Under-18 and Reserves squads and made the recent trip to Texas with the Dallas Cup squad, making a fine late penalty save to earn a draw in the friendly with Eintracht Frankfurt.

"It’s all been great," Max told ManUtd.com while in the United States. "I have been learning each day from everybody at the training ground and I feel that’s what it is all about at my age. The goalkeeping coaches Alan Fettis and Wolfie [Kevin Wolfe] have helped me enormously since I came into the club. I’ve never felt better, working under them, and I know they will help me to keep improving.

"I think it is all about learning. You have to work hard at a club like this and try to improve any aspects of your game that you can. We all want to win games but a lot of us lads feel that our development is the most important thing."

It goes without saying that Sam, six years his senior, has been a major influence on Max’s career and is always there to offer advice.

"He has been a massive help," explained Max. "He told me to enjoy it, to learn from it. He came over here to Dallas in 2012 and got to the final.

"He has been a huge influence on my career, he has already been there on my path ahead so he knows the way to go. How he handles himself is something I watch and hopefully can take into my own game."

Sam, who had his younger brother staying with him when Max was settling into the early days of life at United, is naturally proud of the progress he has made this season.

"Max is enjoying it,” Sam told ManUtd.com. “I think, at first, it was an eye opener for him, coming to Manchester United, but he got his head down and he works hard with the Under-18s and the Reserves and the goalkeeping coaches.

“He’s improving and we’ll see what happens with him. Hopefully, he can stay and keep learning from the coaches and the players. He loves it.

"He lives in my old digs (lodgings) now... he lived with me at my place for a bit, until I kicked him out! But I always check up on him and make sure he’s behaving himself!”

Both of the Johnstones - the latest set of brothers to be at United at the same time, following the Keanes, Da Silvas, Nevilles and Greenhoffs among others - will be determined to end 2016/17 on a real high.

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
14-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Sunderland eye Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone as replacement for Jordan Pickford

* Sunderland are eyeing up Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone
* The Blacks Cat are looking for a replacement for the in-demand Jordan Pickford
* Johnstone will be allowed to leave Old Tarfford but United will ask for £5million

Sunderland are keen on Manchester United's Sam Johnstone as they weigh up replacements for Jordan Pickford.

Johnstone has been told he can leave Old Trafford, with United looking for around £5million for the 24-year-old.

Johnstone was on loan at Aston Villa last season and they are keen to re-sign him, while Watford, Leicester City, Leeds United and Bristol City have also shown an interest.

https://s21.postimg.org/4128tdsev/41651F8D00000578-0-image-a-2_1497374612911.jpg (https://postimage.org)
Sunderland are eyeing up Manchester United's Sam Johnstone to replace Jordan Pickford

Sunderland look set to be left without a first-choice stopper after Everton moved closer to signing their young prodigy Pickford.

The clubs are still negotiating the finer details of the deal for the 23-year-old but it is expected to be concluded this week prior to Pickford returning from England Under 21 duty in Poland.

Sportsmail revealed last month that Sunderland valued Pickford at £30m and talks have been ongoing to structure a fee, including a number of add-ons, to suit both parties.

The final transfer fee for Pickford is expected to be around £18.5m, plus another £11.5m in additional payments.

Pickford is set to become the most expensive British goalkeeper in history if he joins the Toffees.

He first made his debut for the Black Cats against Arsenal in the FA Cup in January 2016 and was afforded a prolonged spell in the first team at the start of last season following an injury to first-choice goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4600828/Sunderland-eye-Manchester-United-goalkeeper-Sam-Johnstone.html

tumpal_oneunited
14-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Gapapa ke sunderland.
Biar Johnstone banyak pengalaman dan siapa suatu waktu jadi kiper hebat.

Andi Istiabudi
15-07-2017, 05:20 PM
JOHNSTONE TO SPEND SEASON AT VILLA

Manchester United keeper Sam Johnstone has sealed a season-long loan switch to Aston Villa.

The 24-year-old finished last term with Steve Bruce's side and performed well for the Midlanders in the Championship during his 22 appearances.

Despite reported rival interest in his services, Bruce has managed to finalise a move in time for rest of the club's pre-season campaign.

"I am delighted to be back," Johnstone told Villa's official website. "I really enjoyed my last spell here – it’s a great club with top players and passionate fans.

"I can’t wait to get started now. I believe it can be a special season for all of us and I will be working hard each and every day to produce the kind of performances that will help us achieve what we’re aiming for."

Johnstone, who won the FA Youth Cup in 2011, will get the opportunity to line up behind another of Villa's major recruits this summer in former England captain John Terry.

www.manutd.com

penk22_
15-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Kasian dipinjemin terus, harusnya dijual saja sih karena saingan terdekat jelas2 ada Pereira yang lebih dipilih Mou jadi kiper ketiga..

alfiandrmwn
15-07-2017, 11:27 PM
good luck sam B-)

zudomiriku
12-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone happy to sign for Aston Villa permanently if they win promotion

* Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has been a key player for Aston Villa this season
* The 25-year-old is on loan from Manchester United and valued at around £5m
* He is keen to keep playing first-team football and a permenant switch is likely

Sam Johnstone is prepared to sign permanently for Aston Villa should Steve Bruce's side secure promotion to the Premier League.

The goalkeeper, on loan from Manchester United, produced a stirring display to keep a clean sheet in the victory over Cardiff and will be a priority transfer for Villa in the summer.

United triggered a year extension to Johnstone's contract two months ago to ensure he was not a free agent once this season ends and Villa may have to pay £5million to secure his services.

https://s7.postimg.cc/janv0p4iz/4_B0934_B300000578-5605689-image-a-153_1523491070358.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Sam Johnstone, 25, is prepared to sign permanently for Aston Villa if they go up this season

Villa's 1-0 win over Cardiff came courtesy of a superb volley by Jack Grealish but owed much to a string of saves from Johnstone and promotion automatically or via the play-offs is on the agenda for Bruce.

Johnstone, 25, said a permanent move was the next step, adding: 'I want to play every week. At Man United you are probably not going to play every week.

'I only have a year left on my contract. I am just enjoying my time here. I'm concentrating on Villa at the moment.

'It's just a case of waiting, hopefully get Villa promoted and then sit down in the summer - hopefully after a few holidays - and see where I'm at. I want to carry on playing football.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5605689/Manchester-United-goalkeeper-Sam-Johnstone-happy-sign-Aston-Villa-permanently.html

sama kayak Perreira, mending Sam dilepas aja u/ masa depan sang pemain. selama De Gea fit (dan kalo gak pindah ke Madrid) mah aman lah gawang United

zudomiriku
02-07-2018, 10:52 AM
West Brom want Sam Johnstone to replace Ben Foster as Manchester United demand £5m for goalkeeper

* Watford are looking to take Ben Foster away from West Brom this summer
* The Baggies want Manchester United's Sam Johnstone to replace Foster
* United have demanded £5m for Johnstone who is in the last year of his contract

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is being lined up by West Bromwich Albion to replace Ben Foster.

The 25-year-old spent last season on loan at Aston Villa but their financial predicament has opened the door for Midlands rivals Albion who have made contact with United.

The Old Trafford club want around £5million for Johnstone as he is in the last year of his contract and has no plans to renew.

https://s8.postimg.cc/otxce5hxx/4_DD02_FC800000578-0-image-a-18_1530484400811.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Sam Johnstone spent last season on loan at Aston Villa and is wanted by their rivals West Brom. The Baggies are set to part ways with Ben Foster and could make a move for Johnstone

Albion have held further talks with Watford who have offered to improve their initial £1million bid for 35-year-old Foster and his departure will pave the way for Johnstone to arrive as the club's new No 1.

Watford expect Costel Pantilimon to join Nottingham Forest and have also inquired about taking Fraser Forster on loan from Southampton.

Southampton are in talks with Manchester City to sign Angus Gunn.

Meanwhile, Mark Hughes is also hoping to add Barcelona defender Marlon Santos and is keen on Liverpool's Danny Ings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5907311/West-Brom-want-Sam-Johnstone-replace-Ben-Foster-Manchester-United-demand-5m-goalkeeper.html

Andi Istiabudi
05-07-2018, 12:40 AM
Johnstone pergi maka kini datanglah Lee Grant :D

TRANSFER NEWS: JOHNSTONE JOINS WEST BROM

Sam Johnstone has completed a transfer from Manchester United to Championship club West Bromwich Albion.

Baggies manager Darren Moore, who secured a shock win at Old Trafford last April, has made the talented Reds goalkeeper his first signing of the summer on a four-year contract at The Hawthorns.

Johnstone has always been a popular figure at the Aon Training Complex following his rise through the age groups, particularly after his role in the Academy’s celebrated FA Youth Cup success of 2011, although a first-team appearance sadly never materialised for the talented 25-year-old stopper.

One of the reasons behind Sam’s senior omission was his eagerness to gain experience as part of the loan system, which led to him enjoying temporary spells at Football League clubs Oldham Athletic, Scunthorpe United, Walsall, Yeovil Town, Doncaster Rovers and, most recently, Aston Villa.

It was at Villa Park where Johnstone impressed the most, making 22 appearances in 2016/17 before playing another 48 matches under the management of ex-United defender Steve Bruce in 2017/18, notably keeping 20 clean sheets as the West Midlands side reached the Championship play-off final.

'IT'S A SAD DAY FOR ME TO LEAVE UNITED'

Johnstone is naturally looking forward to his new challenge but also sad to be departing United, with whom he has been associated for the past 15 years.

“I’ve grown up at United and had the most amazing time, it’s the best club to learn when you are a young player and prepare you for the future,” Sam told ManUtd.com. “I have been here since I was 10 years old so it’s a sad day for me to leave permanently.

”The last few seasons I have been playing week in/week out on loan so I felt it was the right time to settle down and I can’t wait to do this at West Bromwich Albion. Thank you to everybody for the support and I wish United the best luck in the upcoming seasons.“

Following his transfer to West Brom, Johnstone is determined to achieve further success in the Championship and hopefully play a part in the club’s return to the Premier League.

Everybody at Manchester United wishes Sam well for the future.

www.manutd.com