PDA

View Full Version : Charni Ekangamene

troy andreas
15-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Charni hungry for success

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/1A6913F4F5144030B9394AD87B2CDD96.ashx

After a successful season at Under-21 level, Charni Ekangamene tells Inside United he is ready to give his 'maximum' to keep improving at United...

It was some start to the pre-season against Club Brugge recently...
It was a pretty good game but hard for us as well as the first one of pre-season against a Belgain side that I knew very well. At the start, it was a bit tough for us because we were chasing the ball but we settled ourselves down in the second half and played a good game.

The victory was impressive considering they were third in last year’s Belgian league...
They are a good, experienced side so it was a real test for us. I think we really enjoyed the game as well and it was good for our fitness levels as now we can start building up for the season.

How do you rate last season on a personal level?
If I remember it, the start of the season was pretty hard for me. I think we had two different teams and it was hard to settle myself down. Sometimes I was playing, sometimes not. I had a good talk with my coach, Warren Joyce, and, after Christmas, I just took my chance and played all the way up until the end of the season.

Is the holding midfield role a new one for you and do you view it as your best position now?
I see myself there now but, when I used to play back in Belgium at Royal Antwerp and other teams, I didn’t play holding midfielder but at left-back. So I came to United and they taught me how to play in there. Now it feels comfortable there and I feel good.

Although you have plenty of energy and aggression, you don’t seem to commit many fouls...
Yes – that is just what the coach asking from me. What I think he brings me is confidence as well to do my job right in there and builds the team around me so it feels good to be part of it. You have to be active all the time. It’s not a simple job as you’re always trying to sort the danger out, help your team-mates and offer yourself up for the ball. I’m enjoying it.

How pleasing was it to win all the silverware last season, especially the first-ever Under-21 title?
I think we started pretty badly against Tottenham and were 2-0 down at half-time but Warren just talked to us and said: ‘Come on, this is our last chance for the last 45 minutes. Just keep at it and, if we score one goal, let’s see how the game goes’. We scored the first one, then the second and then the third and I don’t know how we put on a performance like that. It was unbelievable, just to come back like United do, and just a great feeling.

Did it make it even more special that the final was at Old Trafford?
Of course and the crowd were right behind us. The people watching on TV too – even my family called me straight away afterwards. It was a great feeling and I will never forget it.

You were with Antwerp before – did you play for any other teams?
Well, I used to play with my little local team before I moved to Antwerp, where I played three seasons. Warren had been Antwerp manager while I was at the club, and had seen me play. I came to United on trial and they gave me a contract.

As we have good links with Antwerp, did you always hope something might work out with United?
No! I heard about the links but, to be fair, I was pretty shocked and surprised because a few teams were interested in Belgium but speaking about Manchester United is something quite different. Like I’ve said, to make the step from Antwerp to United is not easy and you have to realise that when you come here.

Did coming to United match your preconceptions about the place?
It was quite impressive the first time I came here. It wasn’t easy for me to leave my family behind, first of all, but once I came to the training ground, it was totally different to Antwerp and just not the same at all. You see the games on TV and see all these big players and big names and then, one day, they are standing next to you! You just have to realise now it’s time to work – you’re here and you have to achieve something.

We have four Belgians now the country has emerged as a force again in world football...
I think we’re producing good players and used to have good players but that didn’t turn out well. Now the manager knows his football and which players to have. So Belgium, as a country, are playing well and people are around big teams in the Premier League so it’s good for our generation as well.

What’s the big secret in Belgium then?
It’s difficult to say as I’m not really over there but I think what’s good for us is our national team is growing up with every young, talented players coming through. They’ve been given a chance to prove themselves in teams so it’s good for us and we might hope to get in the national team as well. Hopefully, Belgium will go to the World Cup so at least we can support a country in it now. We’ve been waiting many, many years for that.

What are your aims for the coming season?
I will give my maximum like I did last season and try to continue to progress and see what it brings me this year.

The Under-21 league is a good level of football to learn the ropes...
I think that it will be a good experience in this division where we get to play 21 other teams in different towns. The Reserves League is getting better as well. Sometimes it was boys’ football but I think the level is starting to go up higher and higher. Some first-team players appear sometimes as well which is good for our experience.

Talk us through that Goal of the Season contender at Arsenal...
I was proud of it but a bit surprised. I don’t know, I just think it was a really, really difficult moment in that game. It was tough as it wasn’t very easy to play on that pitch with the slope. The ball just came across the box and I don’t really know how to say it but I didn’t see anybody in the box so I just said: ‘Why not?’ I hit it as hard as I could but low and into the bottom corner. I was very impressed with it. Hopefully, I can get a couple of goals this season and get myself going.

Yet your game is mainly about being a defensive shield rather than getting goals...
As a holding midfielder, I help my team-mates out – the back four and the midfield players backing up.

Did you look up to any of the first-team players last term?
I always like the midfield players and look up to Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs because they broke through at young ages into the first team. If you see them, they’ve just got great experience and you want to learn and do everything the same as them. They are just so clever on the ball and everything else and they are maybe the two players in my position that I look up to and try to learn things from them and understand them.

Is Nicky Butt another useful role model considering he played in a similar position to you?
He helps us a lot as well. On the training field, when you do something, he’s there to help you and he tells you as well how to do it. Like I said, he’s good as well because he’s been in the first team for many, many years as well and knows what he’s talking about.

Are you pleased with how things are going on a personal level?
Yes. I am happy with my progress. Hopefully I can step up now and do more. Players are always hungry for success and I’ll step up and do the things I did last season but bring even more this year and we’ll see how it goes.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2013/Aug/charni-ekangamene-exclusive-interview-inside-united.aspx?pageNo=4

fajrinited
16-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Beberapa waktu Ekangamene ini digeser jadi holding midfielder ya Oom Troy berarti?
Hmm..dia pengen seperti Scholes/Giggs. Nice dream.. :)
Mudah"an aja doi manfaatin waktu untuk improving dan bersabar.. :)

troy andreas
17-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Beberapa waktu Ekangamene ini digeser jadi holding midfielder ya Oom Troy berarti?
Hmm..dia pengen seperti Scholes/Giggs. Nice dream.. :)
Mudah"an aja doi manfaatin waktu untuk improving dan bersabar.. :)

Musim lalu di U21 Charni banyak duet dengan Tunnicliffe dilini tengah United.

Kalau berkembang pesat gak menutup kemungkinan bisa menunyusul Legenda yang ada. :) :-bd

Victory
14-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Pindah ke Zulte Waregem

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsTvntlCcAAyWy7.jpg

rondwisan
14-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Good luck Lad ...
-------------

11/07/2014 17:50 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Charni returns to Belgium

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/EAC8647FE45D4A5EB9D16829B6D825FD.ashx?w=480&h=270&rgn=0,128,1748,1115

Charni Ekangamene has agreed to sign for Zulte Waregem on a four-year contract.

The versatile Belgian midfielder reverted to centre-back for the second half of last season's Reserves campaign and was a key contributor as Warren Joyce's side reached the Barclays Under-21 Premier League final.

Nominated by Joyce for the Denzil Haroun Reserves Player of the Year award, the 20-year-old has returned to the country of his birth after arriving from Royal Antwerp in 2010.

"I joined United at 16 and have learned a lot in the youth system," he told the club's official website. "Firstly with the Under-18s and then the Reserves.

"I trained alongside Marnick Vermijl, Ritchie De Laet, Adnan Januzaj and even Marouane Fellaini and it's been a learning experience for me. Now is the time for the next step."

fajrinited
14-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Berkembanglah kau nak..mudah-mudahan engkau masih kembali lagi ke United untuk mengisi lini tengah :D

Andi Istiabudi
21-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Jujur pas pertama baca judul thread ini saya bertanya-tanya, "Siapa sih Charni Ekangamene ???" sebab saya merasa belum pernah mendengar namanya diantara skuad tahun 1960-an hingga 2000-an. Ternyata saya baru tahu bahwa dia mantan pemain United U-21. Pantes saya tidak tahu :D

Saya doakan semoga kedepannya karir sepakbola profesionalnya sukses dan terima kasih atas pengabdian dan dedikasinya bersama Manchester United :)