PDA

View Full Version : Fabien Alain Barthez

Andi Istiabudi
30-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Rupanya belum ada thread khusus yang membahas kiper Manchester United yang sukses membawa Perancis juara Piala Dunia 1998 dan Piala Eropa 2000. Yuuk kita bahas dan share segala info tentang Barthez di thread ini :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P7qSvBxcxeo/UIJe6fhIq5I/AAAAAAAAebY/3bwJT8IynI8/s1600/09-Fabien+BARTHEZ+Manchester+United.png

Andi Istiabudi
30-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Berita ringan seputar Barthez tapi bukan dari dunia sepakbola :D

Eks Kiper Man United Menangi Kejuaraan Balap Mobil

Bola.net - Siapa yang masih ingat Fabien Barthez? Ya, dia adalah eks penjaga gawang nomor satu di Timnas Prancis dan Manchester United.

Mungkin tak banyak yang mengira bahwa setelah memutuskan gantung sarung tangan pada 2007 lalu, Barthez beralih profesi sebagai seorang pebalap profesional.

Akhir pekan lalu Barthez yang kini berusia 42 tahun berhasil memenangi sebuah kejuaraan balap bergengsi di Prancis.

Dengan menjadi juara di dua seri dan naik podium di empat seri, Barthez berhak keluar sebagai pemenang di kejuaraan yang juga diikuti pebalap terkenal dunia, Sebastian Loeb tersebut.

Semasa berkarier sebagai pesepakbola, Barthez turut mengantarkan Les Bleus menjadi jawara Piala Dunia 1998 dan Piala Eropa 2000.

Di level klub kala membela Setan Merah, pria plontos itu berhasil mempersembahkan dua titel Premier League, yakni pada musim 2000/01 dan 2002/03. (mtr/pra)

zudomiriku
11-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Fabien Barthez's dream with Luzenac is over after tiny French side are DENIED entry into Ligue 2 despite gaining promotion... and will now field reserves in seventh tier

* Luzenac finished second in the National Championship last season
* Gained promotion to the Ligue 2 but were denied entry because of stadium
Ground only has one stand while stadium nearby is also too small
* Club not even allowed back into the National and will now be in 7th tier
* Barthez took over as honorary president in 2012 but says 'dream is over'
* Village in south of France has a population of just 650
* Former player said it was devastating to say goodbye in a car park

After an incredible year that saw the tiny French club of Luzenac promoted into Ligue 2, this should be one of the season of honorary president Fabien Barthez's life.

But the dream is now over for the former Manchester United goalkeeper. The biggest fairytale story in European football will end with an amateur club in the seventh tier without him involved. So, what happened?

Denied a place in the second tier in France because of their stadium size, the club were also told by the French Football Federation (FFF) that they won't be rejoining the National Championship despite finishing second in the division last season. Barthez says the 'story ends here.'

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/bu7che/album%20sept/1410376010913_wps_1_France_s_Fabien_Barthes_L_zps6 57c3c06.jpg (http://s178.photobucket.com/user/bu7che/media/album%20sept/1410376010913_wps_1_France_s_Fabien_Barthes_L_zps6 57c3c06.jpg.html)
Honorary president Fabien Barthez met with the French Football Federation regarding Luzenac

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/bu7che/album%20sept/1410376016099_wps_2_LUZENAC_GROUND_jpg_zps5b237cf1 .jpg (http://s178.photobucket.com/user/bu7che/media/album%20sept/1410376016099_wps_2_LUZENAC_GROUND_jpg_zps5b237cf1 .jpg.html)
The tiny French side were denied access into Ligue 2 because of their stadium size, with a 400 capacity

The village of Luzenac Ariege Pyrenees contains just 650 inhabitants, and is tucked away in the Ariege Pyranees in France.

Barthez, who was born just 30km away in Lavalanet was handed his role in 2012, a year after Jerome Ducros bought the club with the intention of bringing success to the region. It didn't take long.

The French Federation deemed their original stadium of the Stade de Paul Fedou to be too small, with just one stand holding around 400 supporters, so their wild celebrations upon achieving promotion in April took place at the Stade de Courbet in Foix, 20km from home.

Luzenac stormed through the National with the help of Cameroonian striker Ande N'doh, top scorer in the division with 21 goals; manager Christophe Pelissier was on the verge of greatness, a step away from one of the top five divisions in Europe.

Though the possibility of denial into the league above lingered, pre-season didn't start too badly. A draw with local rivals Toulouse, a mainstay in Ligue 1, gave fans hope that they could not only compete, but excel in Ligue 2.
But now, it is all over. The Barthez project, that is.

'The refusal to accept Luzenac into the National brings an end to our project,' Barthez is quoted as saying in Get French Football.

'We can not accept residing in CFA2 (5th division) with players who had earned their place in Ligue 2.

'We were given no promises of an automatic rise next season either. For us, Jerome and me, it's over, the story ends here.'

Barthez and Ducros met with the FFF on Wednesday but they couldn't find an agreement to reinstate the club back into a professional league.

All players who did their utmost to achieve their great feat will be released from their contracts, with their second team now set to step to the fore down in the amateur seventh division.

Barthez made it his duty to pick the new signings, and he did so with pinpoint accuracy. He attracted Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 outcasts desperate for a new adventure who would find it hard saying no to a World Cup winner.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/bu7che/album%20sept/1410377219168_wps_15_A_picture_taken_on_April__zps bab62407.jpg (http://s178.photobucket.com/user/bu7che/media/album%20sept/1410377219168_wps_15_A_picture_taken_on_April__zps bab62407.jpg.html)
Youngsters train at the Stade de Paul Fedou, which will now host the seventh division games this season

One of those men was Nicholas Dieuze, 35, a man who had played 157 games for Toulouse. Even a man with such experience couldn't believe what was going on.

'Who would have thought that five months after our promotion to Ligue 2, we'd be saying goodbye to each other in a car park?' lamented Dieuze to AFP.
'I feel a lot of sadness about what's been done over recent years.

'They're sending us to DHR (division d'honneur regionale) with a great kick up the bum. In two weeks, we'll no longer speak about Luzenac.

'The players, like many people in France, will go down to the dole office.'

Many will say that a village of this size with a stadium of this size are back to where they belong. But Luzenac had earned it. Barthez had earned it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2751141/Fabian-Barthez-s-dream-Luzenac-tiny-French-DENIED-entry-Ligue-2.html

zudomiriku
26-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Barthez: Goalkeeping hasn't evolved enough

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/bu7che/my_pic/album%20gw/1997344_full-lnd_zpsohhmyxxq.jpg (http://s178.photobucket.com/user/bu7che/media/my_pic/album%20gw/1997344_full-lnd_zpsohhmyxxq.jpg.html)

Describing himself as a man who loves life’s many pleasures, Fabien Barthez likes to live in the fast lane.

Following a trophy-laden career in which he won the UEFA Champions League with Olympique Marseille, two Ligue 1 titles with Monaco, the English Premier League on two occasions with Manchester United and the FIFA World Cup™ and UEFA EURO trophy with France, the flamboyant keeper now devotes his considerable energies to motor racing.

The career change has been a successful one too, with Barthez winning the 2013 FFSA French GT Championship title and taking part in a number of other motorsport events since then, including the prestigious Le Mans 24-Hour race last year.

Yet, as he told FIFA.com in an exclusive interview, while racing is a major passion of his, football remains the be all and end all in his life.

That devotion was clear for all to see when Le Divin Chauve (The Divine Bald One) returned to the pitch at the recent Match Against Poverty, turning in a typically energetic performance alongside the likes of Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo.

It was there that FIFA.com caught up with the French entertainer, whose face lit up as he recalled a truly glittering career.

FIFA.com: Do you feel that the art of goalkeeping has evolved over the last few years?
Fabien Barthez: It hasn’t evolved enough. There are a lot of keepers in Europe’s major leagues who aren’t very good with their feet, for example. The likes of Manuel Neuer, Thibault Courtois and Hugo Lloris all play pretty high up but most keepers still lack depth in their game. We’re almost going backwards. In the 1980s keepers had to be big. They had to take up as much space in the goal as possible, and we’ve gone back to that a little bit. Obviously, for me personally, that’s not how I see the job of goalkeeping. I think it’s a little bit more important than that.

Manuel Neuer played a big part in Germany’s FIFA World Cup™ win. Were you disappointed he didn’t win the FIFA Ballon d’Or?
It didn’t really surprise me. The fact is that goalkeepers are always in the background. They’re not in the limelight that much. I’ve often heard coaches saying that to build a team you need a good keeper and a good striker and that you create everything else around them. Coaches aside, though, it’s not a position that gets that much recognition. Keepers have been undervalued for as long as people have been playing football. Think about it – when kids have a kickabout, it’s always the worst players who go in goal.

"The likes of Manuel Neuer, Thibault Courtois and Hugo Lloris all play pretty high up but most keepers still lack depth in their game. We’re almost going backwards."
Fabien Barthez

Don’t tell us that’s how you started out.
No, I was a decent outfield player, and I’m not being big-headed about it. I’m just talking in general. In the 1980s and 90s, you didn’t have goalkeeping coaches, which also says a lot about the lack of recognition the position has always suffered from. But that’s the way it is! People prefer the guys who score goals to the ones who stop them. It’s more entertaining.

Which of today’s keepers do you admire?
I like Hugo [Lloris] a lot, and not just as a goalkeeper. I like him as a person too. Then there’s Thibaut Courtois. To my mind, he’s the goalkeeping great of the future. And I think he’ll maintain that status for a few years too.

Who did you dream of emulating when you were young?
Joel Bats (France keeper from 1983 to 1989). He was a left-footer like me, and he was very neat and tidy in everything he did. He came out a lot too at set-pieces. He was always my role model.

Is there one match that you’re especially proud of from your career?
(Pauses) The UEFA EURO 2000 semi-final against Portugal is among my happiest memories. It was a very intense match and the pressure was really on. The game went into extra time and Zinedine Zidane scored a golden goal. Then there was the 1998 World Cup Final and the 1993 Champions League final with Olympique Marseille. There were quite a few nice games.

Did you feel invincible with Laurent Blanc, Marcel Desailly, Lilian Thuram and Bixente Lizarazu in front of you?
It wasn’t so much invincibility as feeling at ease. We really worked well together. That was our strength. We read each other’s games and we knew exactly how each of us played.

Which forwards gave you the biggest problems?
Pauleta and Ronaldo. On the international scene it was more or less equal, but it was a different story at club level. I remember two very painful games for Manchester United against Real Madrid in the Champions League quarter-final in 2003 where Ronaldo really hurt me.

You’re a racing driver now. What are the things you’ve learned from football that have helped you at the wheel?
As an elite sportsman, I’m able to listen and I’m grounded. They’re the kind of attributes you need to perform when you play a sport. And there are reflexes and anticipation too, of course.

Would you describe yourself as an adrenaline junkie?
No, I’m a junkie with all the good things life has to offer. I’m a pleasure-seeker. I live the moment to the max.

What do Barthez the driver and Barthez the goalkeeper have in common?
They both take calculated risks. I thought about every dribble I went on in the penalty area and the same was true every time I ventured outside the box. I never did things just to entertain. It’s the same with racing. And then there’s the passion of it all.

Is there one that holds sway over the other?
Yes. Driving is a huge passion of mine but football comes first. Football is my life.

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/news/newsid/260/610/7/index.html?cid=newsletter_en_20150521_interview