PDA

View Full Version : Josh Harrop

rondwisan
18-09-2014, 08:09 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/5D452180B2B549D5A6A833A2AD61CC03.ashx?w=480&h=179&rgn=0,115,1280,593

18/09/2014 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Reds midfielder Harrop sets 10-goal target

Manchester United midfielder*Josh Harrop*has told*Inside United*he's determined to build on his excellent start to the Under-21 campaign.[/b]

The Stockport-born 18 year-old featured throughout Monday's 4-0 win over Sunderland at Old Trafford, after being selected in the same starting line-up as first-team stars Anderson, Adnan Januzaj and Luke Shaw.

Harrop had previously been away with England's Under-20s, just reward for his seamless transition into Warren Joyce's United squad in the early part of the season when he helped the Reds to win the Manchester Senior Cup. And having scored on his first start in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League, against Norwich City, Harrop*is targeting a double-figures goal tally this term...

How have you found the beginning of the campaign?
It was*good to start the season off with a trophy. It’s my first one since I’ve been at the club so it’s a nice achievement for me and the team.

You’re still pretty new to the Under-21s aren’t you? The Norwich game was actually your first start at that level…
I was getting more involved at the end of last season and coming off the bench. So it’s good experience to perform at some of the stadiums we have played at. There was Anfield in the semi-final last year and Old Trafford too.

The final pre-season friendly at Barnsley certainly showed what you can do…
Definitely. It gave me confidence going into the season. The two goals were nice, for the first one I just got the ball and drove forward. It was good to show I can do it against a first team.

Academy coach Paul McGuinness said he was confident you could step up to the Under-21s. Are you surprised at how quickly you’ve settled in?
Well, you always believe in yourself to be able to play at a higher level. But I have adapted to it quite well, at the minute, so I’m getting used to playing for the Under-21s. You do come up against more physical players but you have to adjust to that when it happens and I am feeling good at the moment.

The Senior Cup final showed you can handle mixing it in midfield. Is this another facet of your game?
Yes, it’s just all about how you play the game and read your opposition. Obviously, if they’re big lads, you don’t want to be too physical with them but, instead, play around them by passing and doing one-twos. I won the ball in midfield for one of James Wilson’s goals. I got it to Andreas Pereira to play the through ball to Willo and he scored it.

What are your memories of when you first came to everybody’s attention – in the FA Youth Cup win over Swansea City in 2012?
It was a while ago now! I was only 15 or 16 then. That was a good experience for a young lad, my first involvement with older players. I came on and thought I played quite well. I had one good run.

What are your aims at United?
Just to keep impressing and see how far I can go. Hopefully, I can play in the Manchester United first team one day. I have been here since I was seven so I’ve been at the club a long time. I want to keep progressing, grow physically and try to make the first team. I’m a local lad, from Stockport, so it’s great to be playing for United. Ever since I was born, I’ve been a fan as all my family are United supporters. I’m aware the club has had a Harrop in the team before [in the 1950s], Bobby, but he is not related to me.

Is central midfield your preferred position?
I played wide left in the UEFA Youth League last season and had to adjust because it was not a position I was used to playing. I had got used to it by the end of the season with the Under-21s though. I can adjust to quite a few positions. I’ve played right-back, centre-midfield, off the striker and a no.10. It all helps to improve your game.

How did you find the European exertions with Nicky Butt’s team?
It’s good experience when you are young and travelling abroad to play against different teams as they’re not your normal opponents. It’s important to become used to the travelling like the first team will be doing.

Have any of the older players had an influence on you?
I speak with Tom Thorpe – he’s one of the older ones in our squad and is captain of the team. I speak with him as he’s a big help and always gives you little pointers in terms of what to do, in order to help you out. He is a good captain and a good player, having won a lot of trophies already at this level.

How would you like the season to pan out for you?
I just want to keep doing what I’m doing at the minute, playing well and maintaining a solid position in the team. I want to impress the gaffer and see what happens from there.

Have you set yourself a goals target?
I’d like 10 goals from midfield. Perhaps in all competitions but it’s a target isn’t it? Someone else has got to score the goals other than Willo and hopefully I can get a few this season.

rondwisan
18-09-2014, 08:15 PM
JOSH HARROP

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/453BD5C1A3F2405594FCD90D7258BCFA.ashx?w=240&h=311

Birthdate:15 Dec 1995
Birthplace:Stockport
Position:Midfielder
Joined United:01 Jul 2012

A skilful midfielder who is tipped to make the breakthrough at Under-21 level in 2014/15.

Certainly, if his two-goal show at Barnsley in a pre-season friendly if anything to go by, the creative youngster can expect to make the step up in class after impressing for the Academy.

He first caught the eye with an*outstanding cameo performance against Swansea City in the 2012 FA Youth Cup. A real flair player with an eye for goal and confidence in his own ability, he only made one other substitute appearance for the Under-18s that term but a four-goal blast in the Milk Cup rout of Revo Express suggested he was making fine progress and maturing into a player to watch out for.

Harrop made nine appearances, three as a starter, and scored a solitary goal during a 4-2 defeat at Southampton before nailing down a regular place in Paul McGuinness' midfield throughout the following season.

An ability to set up chances for his team-mates is a key feature of his game. By driving forward and delivering tantalising crosses, he has sparkled and also regularly finds the net himself. A late penalty in the mini-derby draw at Manchester City showed his composure and his badge-kissing celebration highlighted his allegiance to the Red cause while he scored both goals in the final Academy match of the season when captaining the side at Everton.

Six goals in 24 appearances for the Under-18s was a decent tally and he also played in all six of the UEFA Youth League fixtures before earning the right to be involved in Warren Joyce's squad, coming off the bench six times as the side narrowly missed out on retaining the Barclays Under-21 Premier League title.

ghopoereds
18-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Bisa ditranslate kan oppa rondwisan; :D

rondwisan
18-09-2014, 10:58 PM
#Uhuk (http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Uhuk) ... :peace:
kuwi Inggris'e ra' angel kok Mas'e .. :D

Andi Istiabudi
22-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Semoga 2 penampilan terakhir Harrop menjadi titik awal karir yang cemerlang bersama United :)

fredrian.seven
22-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Umur udh 22 tapi masih berkutat di reserve. Kontraknya habis musim ini. Penampilan yg sangat baik malam ini tapi takutnya ini debut juga pertandingan terakhirnya. Musim depan dia harus main rutin di tim utama. Pilihannya pindah atau dipinjamkan.

Andi Istiabudi
22-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Opsi lainnya adalah Harrop dibawa United untuk tur pra musim sekaligus dipantau perkembangannya. Jika menjanjikan kemungkinan sih tidak dilepas tapi dipinjamkan ke klub kecil di EPL. Untuk tampil reguler di tim utama tentunya butuh perjuangan keras dari Harrop..

fredrian.seven
22-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Opsi lainnya adalah Harrop dibawa United untuk tur pra musim sekaligus dipantau perkembangannya. Jika menjanjikan kemungkinan sih tidak dilepas tapi dipinjamkan ke klub kecil di EPL. Untuk tampil reguler di tim utama tentunya butuh perjuangan keras dari Harrop..

Pilihan ada di Harrop, bukan di United. Klo aku jadi Harrop sih akan mikir2 pindah. Jangan sampai telat naik level dan hanya berkutat di reserve. Lebih baik pindah, berkembang di tempat lain dan kembali dilirik United seperti Keane. Umur 22 udh terlalu tua buat dipinjam2kan. Waktunya menetap permanen. IMO

Andi Istiabudi
22-05-2017, 02:41 AM
http://www.manutd.com/~/media/E1CF966782674D09A3FCBF38A76D63DB.ashx?w=1280&h=720

HARROP 'OVER THE MOON' WITH DEBUT GOAL

Manchester United debutant Josh Harrop revealed he is ‘over the moon’ his dream came true following a sensational debut goal at Old Trafford in the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace.

Harrop, who had scored a hat-trick at Old Trafford six days earlier for the Reserves, opened the scoring for the Reds with a fine individual goal, curling a right-footed effort into the top corner.

Paul Pogba doubled United’s lead, four minutes later, to secure a win in the final Premier League match of the season, but it will be the Reds' young attacking star who will grab the headlines and he told MUTV after the game that he had goosebumps in the tunnel beforehand.

“I’ve dreamed about it so many times so, for it to come true today, I’m delighted," he enthused. "Over the moon!

“All my family were here, my friends – I’m delighted they could share the moment with me. I’ve trained since I was eight for this moment so, for it to come true today in front of everyone, I’m over the moon, speechless.”

The youngster enjoyed the magical moment in style with a unique telephone celebration and the forward revealed the meaning behind it.

"It’s a bit of a joke with one of the lads, Kieran O’Hara, so I did it for him, he said. "I did it in the last game as well, so it’s just something I do."

Harrop admitted getting on the ball early was crucial in helping him settle into the game and that he took belief from the Reserves game when he scored a hat-trick in front of Jose Mourinho.

"I walked down the tunnel and was getting goosebumps, thinking ‘I’m actually doing this’," he said.

“I said to myself: ‘I want to get on the ball early and get as many touches as I can’. That’s what I did and it helped me progress in the game,” he continued.

“I’ve been played through, cut inside, opened it up and put it in. I took the confidence from my last game with the Reserves, when I scored a hat-trick here in front of the manager. That helped me coming into the game as I felt in good form, so it was good for me.”

Harrop was joined by Demi Mitchell on debut for the Reds as well as a full bow for midfielder Scott McTominay plus keeper Joel Pereira, and the 21-year-old revealed the youngsters all wanted to enjoy their experience at Old Trafford.

“We all said to each other: ‘This is a massive moment for us all and we just want to go out there and enjoy it’. It’s the last game of the season and we were given a chance to impress. Everyone out there did themselves proud – everyone did more than enough. It was a great performance from the lads.”

Harrop, a boyhood United fan whose auntie called in to MUTV afterwards to share her delight, now hopes he can kick on and gain more first team experience next season.

“I can only leave it in the manager’s hands, he concluded. “That’s what I want to do week in, week out – play at Old Trafford. I’ve supported United since I was born and it’s my dream to be out there playing and scoring.”

Harrop won our Man-of-the-Match poll on Twitter, beating off competition from Pogba and Mitchell with 42 per cent of the vote.

www.manutd.com

tumpal_oneunited
23-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Awalnya saya kira Harrop masih di usia 18 tahunan, ternyata udah 22.
Seenggaknya Harrop tadi malem saat lawan crystal palace udh menunjukkan ke para fans United bahwa dia layak masuk ke tim utama.
Tinggal tunggu reaksi Mou atas Harrop saja nih. :)

Andi Istiabudi
24-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Semoga sukses di klub barunya yach :)

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/C12C77BBA0B74322921E4BD709ACF5E4.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,0,2000,1126

UNITED MIDFIELDER HARROP TO JOIN PRESTON

Josh Harrop is to join Preston North End when his Manchester United contract expires at the end of this month.

The creative midfielder enjoyed a first-team debut to remember when scoring the opening goal in the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on the final day of the Premier League season.

It capped a fine week for the 21-year-old, who hit a hat-trick in the Reserves' 3-2 triumph over Tottenham in front of Jose Mourinho, also at Old Trafford, on the previous Monday night.

Harrop made 25 appearances for the Reserves last term and was the side's top scorer with 10 goals. The youngster will link up with former team-mates Marnick Vermijl, Ben Pearson and Liam Grimshaw at Deepdale after agreeing terms on a permanent transfer to the Championship club.

Everybody at United would like to wish Josh the best of luck in his future career.

www.manutd.com