PDA

View Full Version : Axel Tuanzebe

penk22_
01-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Menarik melihat pemain ini semalam masuk list pemain cadangan pas lawan Crystal Palace.

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/605ACBA8AC8D46AF82C09F5FAE85192B.ashx?w=240&h=311&rgn=0,0,2370,3075

Birthdate : 14 November 1997
Birthplace : Bunia, DR Congo
Position : Defender
Joined United : 1 July 2013

A robust central defender, Axel Tuanzebe (http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2015/May/Who-is-Axel-Tuanzebe-young-player-of-the-year-profile.aspx) is a natural leader and was captain of the Under-18 team despite being a first-year scholar.

Born in Bunia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the teenager has dual British nationality and has been nurtured by the club's Academy since the age of eight after growing up in Rochdale.

A Milk Cup winner in 2013 and 2014, he was awarded Sports Boy of the Year by Mayor of Rochdale Keith Swift in 2009 and has been making good progress ever since.

"He's a very, very good player," said Academy adviser Les Kershaw. "And is one of them that I really like because he has a strong personality."

Tuanzebe is an imposing figure who is comfortable in possession despite his obvious brawn and the 2015 winner of the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year (http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/May/Axel-Tuanzebe-wins-Jimmy-Murphy-Young-Player-of-the-Year-award.aspx) award. He started 28 matches and came off the bench once during a good campaign for Paul McGuinness' side and, remarkably, is still eligible for another year of Academy football.

"It was the first time I'd picked a first-year scholar as captain," revealed McGuinness. "I don't think that has happened since Gary Neville was youth-team skipper. Axel did a very good job - on and off the field."

He certainly enjoys the responsibility of being captain - "I like bossing people around!" - and has pushed into the Under-21s ahead of schedule after making three substitute appearances for Warren Joyce's side last season.

Tuanzebe made the substitutes' bench for the 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace on 31 October at the tender age of 17.

penk22_
01-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Who is Axel Tuanzebe ?

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/4F46ABA716254F48B13851C6EE75BE87.ashx?w=1280&h=720

Everything you need to know about Young Player of the Year Axel Tuanzebe

Manchester United's Under-18s captain, Axel Tuanzebe, was crowned Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year at the recent end-of-season awards ceremony, so we spoke to MUTV (http://www.manutd.com/mutv) Academy commentator David Stowell to get the lowdown on the Reds youngster...

For those not familiar with Axel Tuanzebe, can you tell us a little bit about him?
Axel grew up in Rochdale but was actually born in the Democratic Republic of Congo. He was very highly thought of in the youth football circuits of his home town and has been part of United’s Academy set-up since a very young age. This season he’s been fantastic and has only missed three games for the U18s, and those were when he was stepping up to Under-21 level, all pretty impressive when you think that he’s still only 17. He’s obviously got a bit of growing to do, but he’s going to be a robust, solid, physical player. He’s also got a bit of pace about him and is more than comfortable in possession of the ball.

From speaking to United's youth team coaches, is Axel a player who has long been talked about as a potential star of the future?
Quite a few of the coaches I have spoken to have expected him to do well, but at the same time they are always careful, even when it’s off the record, not to big a player up too much – that’s part of the mentality of the club. I always look at it that even if they are doing well, who’s to say that they won’t suffer a dip in form, or if they get too much praise it might go to their heads. They’re young guys who are developing as players and as people, which is why the coaches work hard to keep their feet on the ground. Even though they might expect Axel to step out and be one of the better players, they’re careful not to overplay that.

He’s skippered the U18s this season and has shown great maturity in that role. How important has that been for Paul McGuinness' side?
He's been very important. The other players often looked to him for inspiration to drive on through matches. The U18s is a very difficult team to be part of because everyone’s at a tricky age where they’re trying to establish whether or not they can make a career at Manchester United – even though they clearly have the talent because otherwise they wouldn’t be here. With that in mind, I think Axel gives the rest of the team confidence that, yes, they can win today. He’ll often give little speeches when they have a pre-match huddle and that’s all important.

In terms of style, what sort of defender is he?
I’m not one of those who likes to say so-and-so is the next Paul Scholes, or whatever, but if you to compare his style of play to great defenders of United’s past like Vidic and Ferdinand, then you’d say that he was more in the ilk of Ferdinand. He’s a ball-playing centre-half as opposed to a tackler. For example, there were many times over the course of the season where Axel won the ball without going to ground. He’s tall, quick and has the ability to stop the opposition in a variety of different ways as opposed to always sliding into the challenge. It’s that mix of attributes that makes up the way he plays.

Has he always been a defender? His confidence on the ball suggests that he may have played elsewhere as a more attacking player...
Although he features mostly as a defender, he came to the club very much able to play in both positions, and he has done exactly that during his time here. His few appearances for the U21s have seen him come on towards the end of matches, largely in a midfield role, sometimes on the right-hand side and sometimes through the centre. This versatility will certainly serve him well as it’s an attribute that is respected by Louis van Gaal and will mean Axel is a benefit to each age group he represents.

Does Axel have the qualities to follow other winners of the Jimmy Murphy award, such as Ryan Giggs and fellow defender Wes Brown, to establish himself as a first-team regular?
It’s important that when you get an award like this you enjoy the feeling, but then you really need to knuckle down and get ready for the next test after it – that’s the challenge for Axel now. He’s had that pat on the back, so it’s clear people think he’s a good player, but you can either let that go to your head or strive to be even better. To a certain extent it’s up to him how far he goes. He’s got a great work ethic and, as long as he continues to listen and learn from Paul McGuinness and Warren Joyce, then hopefully he’ll get a break.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2015/May/Who-is-Axel-Tuanzebe-young-player-of-the-year-profile.aspx

penk22_
01-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Yang mau lihat performanya :
(nomor punggung 4)

U3Z09PS9yBs

akPgHzDXcCo

Prospek bagus nih sama Ro-Shaun Williams (academy) & Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (U-21).

Andi Istiabudi
02-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Calon bintang masa depan United nih :)

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/E9700654AFAF482FB7FC02DFECB42E5C.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,59,2000,1184

Andi Istiabudi
03-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Five reasons why Axel Tuanzebe is Manchester United’s next breakthrough star

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/axel-tuanzebe.jpg

Manchester United may have spent around £320million since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013 but nothing quite captures the imagination at Old Trafford like a youngster coming through the ranks to play at the Theatre of Dreams.

The Red Devils have long boasted about the quality of their academy but it’s tradition of giving youngsters a chance has come under increasing risk since Ferguson stood down after 27 years in his role at the club.

Astonishingly, Manchester United have had at least one youth product in their matchday squad since October 1937.

The latest to be promoted is defender Axel Tuanzebe, who was part of Louis van Gaal’s squad for the side’s draw with Crystal Palace this weekend.

But what do we know about the man set to become the 244th youth player to come through the ranks at Old Trafford and why does he stand such a good chance of making the grade?

1. He’s Mancunian

United have continued to bring academy products through the ranks in recent years but fewer and fewer have been from Manchester.

While the Old Trafford crowd have beamed with pride watching products like Adnan Januzaj and the Da Silva brothers strut out onto the turf in the last few years, no player’s received as much goodwill as Longsight-born Danny Welbeck.

Reds love seeing one of their own come through the ranks and, despite being born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tuanzebe was raised in Rochdale – a stone’s throw from Old Trafford.

Tuanzebe’s been with the Red Devils since the age of 8 and, rightly or wrongly, he’ll be given more time by the fans to come good.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/ad_186623906-e1446482792572.jpg?w=620&h=395&crop=1

2. He’s followed in the footsteps of legends

The reality of being in an academy at a top club means that only the best are likely to stand even a chance of making their first-team bows.

At United, the Jimmy Murphy young player of the year award is handed out to the best academy product from the previous season.

At 17, Tuanzebe was awarded the prize at the end of the 2014/2015 campaign and in doing so, followed in the footsteps of former legends Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Phil Neville who had also won the award.

And you can see why he won it judging from the highlights of his award-winning season…

bTmFdjEQFCc

3. He fits into Louis van Gaal’s philosophy

While some have struggled to adapt to Van Gaal’s famous ‘philosophy’, there have been some notable improvers under his tutelage.

The likes of Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and Juan Mata have found their feet under the Dutchman and Tuanzebe’s greatest strengths suggest he’d be a perfect fit.

Despite being just 17, Tuanzebe is extremely comfortable with bringing the ball out of defence and he has the presence, as well as the composure, to push on into midfield positions.

Daley Blind’s recent first-team outings owe to the fact that United lack a ‘ball-playing’ centre-back and, though he may not be ready yet, Tuanzebe’s shown he has the potential to develop into that defender.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/axel-tuanzebe-2.jpg?w=620&h=363&crop=1

4. He’s been compared to Rio Ferdinand

Now there’s a ‘ball-playing’ defender to be compared with.

Everyone knows that next to the bruising centre-back that will put his head where most wouldn’t put their boot, there needs to be the composed defensive partner.

And, according to MUTV commentator David Stowell, United may have just found their man.

‘If you compare his style of play to great defenders of United’s past like Vidic and Ferdinand, then he’s more in the ilk of Ferdinand,’ Stowell told Manutd.com.

‘He’s a ball-playing centre-half as opposed to a tackler. There were many times over the course of the season where Axel won the ball without going to ground.

‘He’s tall, quick and has the ability to stop the opposition in a variety of different ways.’

5. He’s captain material

The 17-year-old captained United’s U18s last season and, having been unfazed by leading team-mates that were older than he was, he’s revealed that his long-term goal is to captain the Red Devils’ first-team.

‘I respected them and they respected me,’ said Tuanzebe.

‘It developed me as a person and now I feel more of a leader.

‘I believe one day, I can be a leader of this club. It would be my dream’

Source : http://metro.co.uk

Andi Istiabudi
13-11-2015, 04:17 PM
REDS PROSPECT TUANZEBE IS A BORN DEFENDER

As Axel Tuanzebe turns 18 on Saturday, the central defender is unlikely to be sitting back and admiring his rapid progress with Manchester United over the past year.

After being named on the substitutes' bench for the recent draw at Crystal Palace, he was registered for the Champions League and trained with the first team in preparation for the visit of CSKA Moscow to Old Trafford.

Still learning his trade, Tuanzebe captained the Under-19s against the Russian side's youngsters in the UEFA Youth League and produced another sterling performance at the heart of the defence. His ability in one-on-one situations drew praise from coach Nicky Butt but the art of defending appears to come naturally to a supreme athlete.

"Defender has always been the most natural position for me," he told ManUtd.com. "I would say I can fill in in other positions but, naturally, it always felt right at the back. Even in little five-a-side games, I would always end up at the back of the field just to ensure everything was safe."

Schooled in junior football in Lancashire, Tuanzebe has been with United since the age of eight and is another illustration that the production line of talent is still working.

"I was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo and moved when I was three or four years old," he revealed. "I grew up in Rochdale and football was always my love. There was a nice little local football pitch where everyone would go. A group of my friends would play every day, there were always games there, and I joined in.

"From a young age, I could see everyone was complimenting me on my talent and I was brought to a nearby local team. I started playing for them regularly every Saturday for two years before I joined Manchester United. I was eight and started playing for the Under-11s. There are three of us still here from that Under-11s team."

Despite possessing an imposing physique, he has been eased into men's football gently with Warren Joyce blooding the fledgling centre-back as a wide midfielder when using him as a substitute in the Under-21s' title-winning campaign last season.

"Even though the Under-18s is more about development, the Under-21s is about turning you into a player," said Tuanzebe. "There is a massive age range as you’re allowed three over-aged players so there is a variety of players. It’s great experience to learn how to handle different players to make you a better player.

"Warren did that to get me into the system. You don’t want to be put in at centre-back against a giant; you get players who know the game and have such speed so you have to step your game up and realise this is the opportunity to become a regular player. It’s how you deal with it. Even if you have a bad game, you have to work hard to impress Warren, the manager."

The trappings of becoming a Barclays Premier League footballer are obvious with such riches on offer but the level-headed defender clearly has his feet planted firmly on the ground.

"It is embedded in you from day one to always be a humble person and never take anything for granted," Tuanzebe explained. "You must appreciate everything you have got because, when you go out and see other clubs in the lower leagues, you realise things are not as fortunate compared to what we have here. You see what it’s really like so you must work hard for your current situation and appreciate it really.

"There are such rewards if you make it but that’s where you separate the good from the best. If you let distractions get to you, you know you will never reach your goal. You have got to understand that can all come at a later stage but you need to get to the place where you want to be first if you want the rewards."

Tuanzebe will undoubtedly strive to make even further progress in his final year as a teenager. Retaining the Under-21 Premier League title is an obvious ambition and his winning mentality is clearly already one that fits in well at a club like United.

"With my age as well, to win the Under-21 league at such a young age would be really special and another one for the collection," he said. "Wherever you go, you always want to win – whether it be a little individual tournament or the biggest trophies. You always want to win and I definitely want to win this league."

http://www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
26-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Congrats! Semoga menjadi awal bagus untuk menembus tim utama Inggris suatu saat nanti :)

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/4A95FD74101F474E91E7FF97AFDF8D7F.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,46,2000,1173

TUANZEBE HANDED FIRST ENGLAND CALL-UP

Axel Tuanzebe has received his first England call-up after being drafted into the Under-19 squad but Manchester United colleague Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has been forced to withdraw.

Chelsea's Jake Clarke-Salter has also pulled out, with Tuanzebe joining Walsall's Rico Henry in being added to the party for the two games against Mexico at the start of next month.

The 18-year-old has been rewarded for a fine season at Old Trafford as he has been on the bench for the first team and made 11 appearances for the title-winning Under-21 side. The powerful centre-back would have amassed more games but for injury and is continuing to make sound progress.

Tuanzebe will hope, in the long term, to follow in the footsteps of Chris Smalling, who is likely to represent Roy Hodgson's side at the European Championship this summer.

"I definitely look up to Chris," he told ManUtd.com recently. "He plays in my position and to see how he is improving daily is massive for me and how he is becoming a true leader of the team. He has been a credit to the club and hopefully for the country as well. He’s a lovely guy and I can always go up to him and speak to him."

When quizzed about England at the time, he said: "I get asked this question a lot. There is great talent out there and hopefully I’ll get my chance soon. There are some good players in the 1997s group but hopefully my chance will come."

troy andreas
26-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Ada dua pilihan, Congo or England. :))

Bakal kalah bersaing di England mending pilih Congo, belajar dari kasus Januzaj. :))

Andi Istiabudi
07-06-2016, 11:14 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/AA88D673E8DD426093FEC2BA13C952CB.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,326,2000,1454

TUANZEBE PRIMED FOR FIRST INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT WITH ENGLAND

Manchester United central defender Axel Tuanzebe is in contention to obtain his first taste of tournament football at international level after making his maiden start for England Under-19s.

Tuanzebe made his first appearance at any level for England when coming on at half-time for Everton's Ryan Ledson during a 2-0 warm-up defeat to Mexico. The 18-year-old was then handed a start by coach Aidy Boothroyd for the second fixture against the Mexicans on Monday and played the full 90 minutes of a 1-0 reverse.

The young Lions will be in competitive action next month when taking part in the European Under-19 Championship finals in Germany. France, Netherlands and Croatia make up a tough Group B with England's opener against France being staged in Heidenheim on 12 July.

Tuanzebe made 10 starts and one substitute appearance for United's title-winning Under-21s this season and was on the first-team bench for the games against Crystal Palace and Bournemouth before sustaining an injury.

penk22_
21-07-2016, 07:23 AM
TUANZEBE'S FIRST MUTV INTERVIEW

iACRlNbj2v8

Axel Tuanzebe has become a source of intrigue for Manchester United supporters since Jose Mourinho claimed he only needed “10 minutes” to identify the centre-back's talent and potential.

The manager made that comment after handing Tuanzebe his first senior appearance during Saturday’s 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium, where he introduced the former Jimmy Murphy Player of the Year during the final moments as a replacement for new signing Eric Bailly.

Tuanzebe has since flown to China for Tour 2016, presented by Aon, and the 18-year-old defender now hopes to feature in the upcoming friendlies against Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City.

After landing in Beijing, the teenage defender spoke to MUTV for the first time about his recent ascent with United, admitting that he feels now this is his time to shine and cement a first-team place.

"This is my opportunity now," he said with admirable confidence. "Last year, I missed a couple of months due to injury but now I can start afresh, give it a good go and try to stick with the first team."

Asked specifically about the praise from Mourinho, Tuanzebe was understandably delighted but acknowledged he must continue to work hard. "To have your manager backing you so strongly is a positive sign and my aim now is just to keep impressing and striving towards my goals," he told us.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2016/Tour-2016-News/2016/Jul/Video-Axel-Tuanzebe-speaks-to-MUTV-for-first-time-on-Tour-2016.aspx

Andi Istiabudi
10-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Semoga Tuanzebe kelak diberikan kesempatan dan kepercayaan untuk tampil bersama tim utama United oleh Mourinho :)

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/EC59EA6C98A0426484EA28D1BA8B26D1.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,26,2000,1154

UNITED DEFENDER TUANZEBE IN TOP FORM

Axel Tuanzebe has taken his impressive form for Manchester United Reserves onto the international stage this week with two appearances in three days for England's Under-20s.

The 18-year-old operated in a defensive midfield role during the notable 2-0 win over the Netherlands on Wednesday before coming off the bench in Friday night's 3-1 triumph over Germany, a game which also featured a great performance from young United goalkeeper Dean Henderson.

Tuanzebe has been a stand-out performer for the Reds' second team this season, producing a string of consistently strong displays at the heart of the defence. He has looked composed and in control at the back - using his speed, strength and intelligence to great effect when dealing with opposition forwards - and seems unfazed about skippering the squad at a young age.

"I think Axel really epitomises the traits we've had from all our captains," said Reserves coach Warren Joyce, who handed the armband to Tuanzebe following James Weir's transfer to Hull City in August.

"We could have had one of the older ones as captain who might then possibly go out on loan, so it's better to have one who's staying in the group. Axel's only young and the captaincy puts demands on him. But it's helped develop him as a person as well."

http://www.manutd.com/

Riskur
26-01-2017, 08:46 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/D9A87238B71948EDB3829B178E305AF9.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,144,1999,1269Tuanzebe closer to first-team debut

Jose Mourinho has revealed Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe could soon make his first-team debut for the club, after working with the senior squad at the Aon Training Complex.

The 19-year-old defender was praised by Mourinho during the summer and has subsequently become a consistently impressive performer as Reserves captain, initially under former coach Warren Joyce and more recently under interim boss Nicky Butt.

Tuanzebe was pictured training with the first-team players earlier this week and, during an interview with MUTV on Wednesday, Mourinho was asked if the prospect could be involved in United's upcoming matches.

"He can," Jose explained. "We lost Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay, two players who didn't play many minutes or many matches for us. They were two players from the squad, so we need numbers and probably Axel is one of the boys that's in the Academy who is more close to playing with us.

"So we have brought him up to give him more experience, to make the first team more natural for him in case we need him to play in the upcoming matches and month, so he can be more adapted to us."Tuanzebe is a previous winner of the prestigious Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award at United.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jan/axel-tuanzebe-promoted-to-manchester-united-first-team-squad.aspx

Andi Istiabudi
28-01-2017, 10:58 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/2A54C3A912FE4C278FCB8D9595CCD7B9.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=486,86,1993,934

TUANZEBE PUSHING FOR COMPETITIVE DEBUT

Axel Tuanzebe is determined to keep pushing for his competitive debut for Manchester United by impressing Jose Mourinho even further.

The Reserves captain was in the travelling squad for the EFL Cup semi-final second leg at Hull City and has been training with the first-team players. When Mourinho praised the 19-year-old on MUTV this week and explained why he is integrating him into the senior group, it naturally pleased the young centre-back.

"There's no better feeling," Tuanzebe told MUTV, "but I can't let it go to my head and relax now. I've got to keep my head down and keep proving to him why he should have faith in me. I've got to keep pushing every day and showing why I should be in the team and why I'm here at the club.

"It's definitely been good training with superstars and I can learn a lot from these players every day. I'm always willing to learn and try my best. It doesn't depend on the level, I could be with the Under-23s or the first team, I always try my best to improve as a player."

Tuanzebe definitely believes he is at the right club in terms of being able to envisage a pathway into senior football and only needs to look at the success of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford for role models.

"It's a massive booster to see the likes of Marcus and Jesse coming right from the bottom and working all the way up through the system," he added. "It's always a great thing to see. It gives everyone a boost - if they can do it, why can't I?

"Massive credit to the club for actually having the belief the youngsters can play for the first team. I don't think that happens at every other club and it's a real positive for all the players working here."

Tuanzebe's former Reserves coach Warren Joyce returns to Old Trafford with Wigan Athletic for the Emirates FA Cup fourth-round tie on Sunday, having had a huge input into the defender's progress.

"He was a massive influence personally," said Axel. "Every day was flat out. There were no rest days, even when the first team were off, we were in doing extra work. During international breaks, we were doing extra. He has been a massive influence and it'll be good to see him on Sunday. There's a bit of competition and we'll see how it goes!"

And, as he gets close to making his breakthrough, can we expect to see Axel involved this weekend, against the side he featured against in a first-team friendly in pre-season?

"It's down to the manager," he replies. "All I can do is try my best in training every day and show why I can be a first-team player."

WWW.MANUTD.COM

penk22_
30-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Congratulations juga buat Tuanzebe atas debutnya di pertandingan kompetitif United tadi ..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3W2r3EUMAA0UM_.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3W1uDHWAAY4Cvi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3XVVxIWMAA2eFT.jpg

penk22_
30-01-2017, 11:03 AM
AXEL TUANZEBE'S DREAM COMES TRUE

Ug5pT4uFi3o

Axel Tuanzebe has described making his Manchester United debut as a "dream come true", as the centre-back is now determined to keep his place in the first-team squad.

The young defender - who was recently called up by Jose Mourinho after impressive performances in the Reserves - made his first senior competitive appearance during Sunday's 4-0 victory over Wigan in the Emirates FA Cup, replacing Tim Fosu-Mensah with 23 minutes remaining at Old Trafford.

Speaking exclusively to MUTV after the game, Tuanzebe says that making his bow was an unforgettable experience, and made it clear he wants to grab his opportunity with both hands.

"It was crazy," he said. "I’ve been thinking about this since I was a little boy and now it’s come true, I can’t really believe it’s happened. Me and my family are very proud, but now it’s just about getting back to the training ground and going again. If I’m with the Under-23s, I’m with the Under-23s, but I’ll stay humble and keep working hard to get another opportunity to play again.

"You don’t look back. A coach of ours was saying that the hardest part is staying in [the squad], so I’ll have to get back to the training ground and keep grinding every day."

There was a touching moment on the sidelines as Tuanzebe hugged Mourinho and shook hands with Wigan boss Warren Joyce, the man who had mentored him in the Reserves, before taking to the pitch.

He added: “I was on the touchline and I could hear Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] saying ‘keep it simple, keep it simple’, so I wanted to follow his advice. I was just waiting for my moment and it finally came. It’s good to have Warren there too, you know. I grew up with him and for him to see me play is also an honour.

“After you start playing, you just concentrate on your own game. You get a feel for it, get a couple of touches of the ball. The older lads were constantly talking to me, Ander [Herrera] came on in midfield and was constantly talking to me and giving me advice. It’s good to have that support from experienced first-team players, it drives you on as a youngster and there’s no better feeling."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jan/Player-reaction-Axel-Tuanzebe-speaks-to-MUTV-after-making-his-debut.aspx

Riskur
03-02-2017, 08:31 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/A5E71D5A231C425F821BEBD7EE9CB6ED.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=644,189,2478,1216Axel Tuanzebe signs new deal

Axel Tuanzebe has signed a new contract at Manchester United which keeps him at the club until June 2020, with the option to extend for a further year.

Tuanzebe, 19, made his competitive first-team debut against Wigan Athletic last Sunday, having been nurtured through the Reds' Academy system from the age of eight.

Axel Tuanzebe said: "I have always been a Manchester United supporter so I am naturally delighted to have signed a new contract. To make my debut at Old Trafford in the FA Cup was a very proud moment, both for me and for my family.

"I am learning every day in training and it is also a great experience for me to now train with the first team. I would like to thank all of the coaches that I have worked with and I would especially like to thank the manager for giving me my debut for this great club."

Jose Mourinho added: "Axel is a young player with great potential. We brought him up to the first team to give him more experience and he has adapted really well. I am pleased that he has signed a new contract and I am delighted with the progress he is making."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Feb/axel-tuanzebe-signs-new-contract-with-manchester-united.aspx

tumpal_oneunited
03-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Congrats Tuanzebe.
Dapat kontrak baru.
Semoga makin bersinar bersama United. :) :muscarf:

fredrian.seven
08-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Tuanzebe's game by numbers vs. Arsenal:

2 blocks
3 interceptions
4 clearances
8 tackles
42 passes
50% tackles won

Klo melihat kemampuan menyerangnya sih Tuanzebe lebih cocok jadi CB. Nyaris tidak ada kontribusi menyerang. Entah klo Mou mau meng-Ivanovic-kan Tuanzebe. Klo menurut Mou sih dia masih akan memainkan Tuanzebe sebagai RB.

"His best position by routine, by dynamic, which he brought playing with kids of his age, is central defender. I think playing with the big boys especially in this period of his career, I think right-back."

zudomiriku
08-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Axel Tuanzebe was one of the very few bright sparks for Manchester United... the young defender can be proud of his display against Arsenal

* Arsenal overcame Manchester United 2-0 on Sunday in the Premier League
* United manager Jose Mourinho gave a start to youngster Axel Tuanzebe
* The defender stayed switched-on throughout and read the game well
* Eight changes were made by Mourinho to the team that beat Celta Vigo

Eight changes were made by Jose Mourinho to the team which won the first leg of their Europe League semi-final but only one was not a full international of some renown.

In came Manchester United and England's record goalscorer and a £58million centre-forward, the goalkeeper from the PFA Premier League team of the Year and a World Cup-winning winger.

There was a 35-year-old midfielder who has won the title five times and a pair of England centre halves.

After all Mourinho's complaints about the relentless schedule at least was a reminder of the depth, know-how and quality he has to operate with at Old Trafford.

Axel Tuanzebe, teenage captain of United's reserve team, was the odd man out, selected at right back to make his first senior start and Premier League debut.

Tuanzebe, born in the Democratic Republic of Congo and schooled in Rochdale, soon showed why he is tipped for a future in the game as he eased in at right back.

The teenager's display was one of very few bright spots for United on a day when they failed to capitalise on Liverpool's slip in the race for the top four and boss Mourinho was beaten by Arsene Wenger for the first time in 15 competitive games.

'The kid did an amazing job,' said the United boss. 'I think Alexis knows his name because the kid played very well.'

Tuanzebe is a centre half by trade but quick and disciplined enough to be trusted in a position where he would be up against Arsenal's best player and biggest threat, Alexis Sanchez.

https://s21.postimg.org/98zotow7r/400E121000000578-4482276-image-a-110_14941765998.jpg (https://postimage.org)
Tuanzebe produced a very solid performance against Arsenal's main man Alexis Sanchez

The United boss asked his full backs to monitor Sanchez and Mesut Ozil while his wide midfielders, Juan Mata and Henrikh Mkhitaryan were expected to track back with Arsenal's wing backs.

There were times when the visitors were squeezed into a back-six with four central defenders, much like West Brom under Tony Pulis, and, within such a solid strategy, the 19-year-old England Under 20s international performed well.

Tall and strong, Tuanzebe won his aerial battles and tackles, stayed switched-on, read the game, stepped in to intercept and passed the ball simply and without fuss with either foot. He can be proud of his performance.

He was clearly given little licence to attack but went forward once in the first-half, accepting a pass on the chest and accelerating down the touchline, winning a free-kick as Sanchez struggled to keep pace.

The biggest challenges were the mental ones: when to follow Sanchez deep and when to let him run but the Chilean was not at his most elusive and spent most of the game in an orthodox position, wide on the left.

He stuck tight to Sanchez when Danny Welbeck drifted behind Chris Smalling and headed in Arsenal's second, three minutes after the first, to give them a stranglehold on the game.

Perhaps a more experienced full back would have stepped across, or ordered Smalling to drop back. But the cross from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was exquisite and would have caused problems for any back-four.

Tuanzebe recovered well to prevent Aaron Ramsey connecting with a long ball on the break in the latter stages and might have expected more help than he received from his goalkeeper David de Gea.

Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford were sent on to try and salvage something from the game and were followed by Scott McTominay, a 20-year-old midfielder making his debut.

Together with Welbeck, five graduates of the Manchester United academy featured in the game.

It is a timely reminder of the quality as the club prepare for another summer spending spree. Hopefully there will be more chances for Tuanzebe next season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4482276/Tuanzebe-s-display-one-bright-sparks-United.html

Riskur
19-05-2017, 09:39 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/21F3A6E6CD7F4D238D3298469271F256.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,300,3000,1992Tuanzebe wins Denzil Haroun trophy

Axel Tuanzebe has been named as the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year for 2016/17.

The stylish defender collected 84 per cent of the votes from the Reds fans to claim the award ahead of second-placed Josh Harrop and Demi Mitchell.After starting the last three Premier League games, the Academy product is bidding to force his way into the squad for the Europa League final against Ajax in Stockholm next week.

Tuanzebe has been a rock at the back and a real leader for the Reserves all season, captaining the side and impressing from the outset. He made 25 appearances in total at that level, scoring once - in the away game at Chelsea in December.

As the 19-year-old won the Jimmy Murphy trophy in 2014/15, he is only the third player to scoop both accolades after Mark Robins (1989 and 1990) and Giuseppe Rossi (2005 and 2006).

"It's my dream to be a leader and role model at this club," said Tuanzebe after collecting his accolade. "Winning the Jimmy Murphy award and now this one is an honour for me, so thank you for voting.

"The manager [Jose Mourinho] showed faith to play me and I’ve been helped by youngsters like Marcus and Jesse, who’ve taken me under their wing. It’s been good so far and hopefully it can continue next season.

"You always have an end goal to what you want to achieve but in the meantime, it’s really just showing the manager what I’m capable of, that he can trust me to play in future games."

More: Watch Tuanzebe in action this season in our video above.

www.manutd.com (http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/May/axel-tuanzebe-wins-denzil-haroun-reserves-player-of-the-year-award.aspx)

Andi Istiabudi
25-05-2017, 12:21 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/FF6A8B35680B4DE28CA933F5B4017032.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,40,2000,1175

AXEL TUANZEBE COMING OF AGE AT UNITED

There is a quote from Sir Matt Busby emblazoned on a wall at the Aon Training Complex that reads: 'If you're good enough, you're old enough'.

It is a deep-rooted philosophy that still rings true today and there is genuine optimism that Axel Tuanzebe can lead a new batch of Manchester United youngsters in providing first-team options for Jose Mourinho even as early as next season.

Tuanzebe featured in the manager's very first game in charge of the club, a friendly at Wigan Athletic, and earned instant praise from the boss. He excelled in the opening matches of Premier League 2 at Reserves level and has looked a Rolls Royce of a defender, as well as a true leader.

Last Thursday, he was awarded the Denzil Haroun Player of the Year trophy in recognition of his fine performances in the Reserves. "I'd say the season started off good, actually," he told MUTV last week. "Pre-season with the first team and it would have been great to stay up from there but it wasn't the case.

"So it was just hard work coming into it, not giving up and going again. Coming to the close [of the campaign], I'd say it's been excellent. I've been getting the minutes I've been waiting for and thanks to the manager for the opportunity. Receiving the award was another bonus to it, so it's been good."

The 19-year-old was part of the squad that travelled to Stockholm for the UEFA Europa League final after impressing on each of his four successive starts in the Premier League. He was outstanding at right-back when shackling Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez and has been highly effective in a midfield holding role against Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton.

On Sunday, in a fine win over Crystal Palace, the biggest compliment he could be paid is to say he looked like one of the seasoned veterans helping the new faces adapt to life in the first team. Again operating in midfield, a position he may have played for England's under-age sides and once, from memory, as a man-marker in a Reserves game at Chelsea, his display certainly suggested he is ready for Premier League football.

Even if he has primarily been a centre-back at United, Tuanzebe is happy to get out on the pitch in any role and even happier to see his youthful colleagues alongside him, as was the case at the weekend.

"I can play in any of the positions I'm asked to play in," he asserted. "For the time being, it's a case of kind of developing and, once you become a regular, you have a fixed position which you progress in for the rest of your career. For now, if I'm told to do a job, I just do it.

"For me, as a captain to those players, I'm as proud as the coaches to see them coming through [against Palace]. We've been working together and I've known this lot since I was that big [gestures to a small height] so to come through and play together is a dream come true.

"There's a motto in the building across there saying: 'If you're good enough, you're old enough'. I think Angel [Gomes] is one of the players who is good enough to play. Obviously, over time, he will improve but I think, right now, his technical ability is formidable. He's a very talented player."

At 16, Gomes's time will come and it won't be in Stockholm on Wednesday. For Tuanzebe, he must hope for a place in the matchday squad with his versatility presumably giving the boss food for thought as a potential option on the bench. The Europa League final would be a dream way to end the season for the teenager.

"You come into it and think it's all about winning trophies and leaving a legacy behind," he said. "To be involved in something so big, the first one in Manchester United's history, is amazing if I get that opportunity to play. I'd always remember it for my first big European trophy or involvement or whatever it turns out to be. It would be a really proud moment for myself."

Not that the hard work would end there. Far from it, as the youngster acknowledges, but he has his sights set on the future already - as did the majority of the fans inside Old Trafford watching the game on Sunday.

"The Europa League also gives us an opportunity to win the Super Cup," he declared. "So I think, if we can go into that and beat whoever wins the Champions League, it would send a big message to the world saying Manchester United are back into it and back into Champions League football and here to win. So I think it would be a very successful point of the season if we can lift the trophy.

"You don't want it [the campaign] to stop as it might break the momentum or something but it's been a tough season. We've had to grind out results and you always need a break to relax and put your feet up. But not for too long as you're back into the swing of it. You have to start early and be prepared for pre-season because pre-season is not easy with this manager! That's how you want it and you want to be strong coming into the season."

Whatever the outcome in Sweden, you get the sense Axel Tuanzebe is a man of his word. And, on recent evidence, he is proving good enough to play for this great club.

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
04-10-2017, 08:33 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/2D9E9DC6F65B463E8AB01C13CB97CB6A.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,0,2120,1192

TUANZEBE ON HIS MATURING FOOTBALL STYLE

Axel Tuanzebe feels he has progressed well with his football style and says spending more time with the first team has helped him mature as a player.

The 19-year-old was part of the Tour 2017 squad in July and although a minor back injury disrupted the early part of his campaign, he was part of the travelling squad to Moscow for the 4-1 Champions League victory last week.

Tuanzebe sat down with MUTV recently to discuss his progress so far and how he is continuing his learning curve.

“I’d say I’ve matured and my football style has matured. I think I make better decisions now, you learn about prioritising the team more rather than playing for yourself,” he explained. “That’s a massive part of getting into the team because everything you do is about trying to benefit the team.

“I’ve been with the first team now for more than half a season and you just keep learning. There is no point where you stop learning or you’ve seen enough, it’s always a continuous journey. The Moscow trip was a great experience and a different type of preparation, we were there for longer and we trained there, so you pick up little things.”

Tuanzebe is yet to feature for the senior team this term but was on the bench in Moscow. He’s been a keen observer of the Reds’ superb start to the campaign and had high praise for team-mate Romelu Lukaku.

“Since the start of the season all the performances have been very good. It’s been built up from pre-season and there is kind of a brotherhood spirit in the team and pushing on during the season I think we’ll be one team to watch out for,” he added.

“Everyone is happy. The manager has rotated the squad and had players in and out and we’ve been getting great results.

“For us as a team Romelu has been magnificent,” continued Tuanzebe. “He’s been the standout guy as the big man up top. He’s settled in very well. He can speak about seven languages so he can interact with everyone in the squad. He’s been a big inspiration to the team and a good role model. He’s a really good guy and off the pitch he talks to everyone and I think that’s a great attribute to have.”

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
26-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe relishing the pressure of playing for Jose Mourinho

* Axel Tuanzebe made his sixth appearance for Manchester United on Tuesday
* The defender helped United to a 2-0 win at Swansea in the Carabao Cup last 16
* After the game, he praised Jose Mourinho and the pressure he puts on his team
* Tuanzebe explained: 'Dealing with that pressure makes you a better player'

Manchester United teenager Axel Tuanzebe is thankful for the 'burden' of playing under Jose Mourinho.

Academy product Tuanzebe started United's final four Premier League games last season as manager Mourinho rotated his squad amid Europa League commitments.

But the England Under-20 international had to wait until Tuesday's 2-0 Carabao Cup win at Swansea for his first taste of senior action this term.

Tuanzebe produced an impressive performance alongside Chris Smalling and Victor Lindelof in a three-man defence as United bounced back from their shock weekend league defeat at Huddersfield.

'There's nothing better than playing for Manchester United - playing for a big manager and a big club,' said Congo-born Tuanzebe, who turns 20 next month.

'There's nothing more rewarding as a young lad coming through.

https://s1.postimg.org/5fqgrolynj/45_A4_DECC00000578-0-image-a-37_1508923384748.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
The young defender helped United to a 2-0 win at Swansea in the Carabao Cup round of 16. After the game, Tuanzebe praised boss Jose Mourinho and the pressure he puts on his players. Tuanzebe was composed in possession as he and his team-mates played out from the back

'Every day you are learning. We've got Jose Mourinho as our manager, and you can't ask for a bigger manager.

'Under him there's a lot of pressure and you have to perform.

'But dealing with that pressure makes you a better player - I've got that burden on me.'

Tuanzebe combined diligent defending with composure on the ball on Tuesday evening.

It was his powerful surge from the back and crossfield ball to Matteo Darmian which led to Swansea being killed off by Jesse Lingard's second goal.

And the Rochdale-raised youngster admitted the presence of fellow academy products Lingard, Marcus Rashford and Scott McTominay helped him on his return to first-team action.

Tuanzebe told MUTV: 'I've gone a long period of time without playing football.

'So you just kind of ease your way into the game and build confidence with every touch.

'It makes it easier to have faces you know on the pitch and they guide you through it as well.

'You're not the only youngster out there, which is satisfying, but it's all about the team performance and we did a good job.'

Swansea's cup exit was their fifth home defeat of the season, and the storm clouds appear to be gathering at the Liberty Stadium.

Paul Clement's side are only outside the Premier League relegation zone on goal difference ahead of the daunting weekend trip to Arsenal.

But Ki Sung-yueng, who started for the first time this term against United following knee surgery, said: 'If we win one game, the pressure will change quickly.

'It has been disappointing in front of the fans because we want to play better football and win games.

'We have to overcome this situation quickly but I believe the players in this squad can handle this pressure.

'We have to try and be consistent, but I fully believe we have enough with the manager and the players to settle down quickly.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5015657/Man-United-teen-Axel-Tuanzebe-relishing-Mourinho-pressure.html

Andi Istiabudi
16-11-2017, 09:47 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/AFBACA6CFCA3405A9E35D1CB8AAF4852.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=144,256,4304,2592

FIVE REASONS TO BE EXCITED ABOUT TUANZEBE

To mark Axel Tuanzebe’s 20th birthday, which he celebrates today, we’ve listed five reasons why we feel supporters can feel excited about the future of the Manchester United prospect.

1: JOSE RATES HIM
Since Jose’s very first match in charge of the Reds, a pre-season friendly at Wigan Athletic in July 2016, the manager has spoken positively about the young defender and cited him as an obvious talent. “The potential is there,” he said at the DW Stadium that day. “You can see it immediately!”

Mourinho took Tuanzebe on tour that summer and handed him five senior appearances throughout the 2016/17 campaign, which also included the signing of a new long-term contract at the club. Another pre-season trip to the States followed for Axel and, this term, he has started once, in the Carabao Cup fourth-round win at Swansea City, highlighting his role as a valuable squad member.

2: HE CAN PLAY A BIT, TOO!
As the manager quickly assessed upon his arrival at United, Tuanzebe has an obvious and natural talent that underpins his reputation as a rising star. He is strong in the tackle, composed on the ball and intelligent off it, wielding attributes that are often required from the modern centre-back.

The 20-year-old England Under-21 international is versatile, too, having played at right-back against Arsenal last season and also in central midfield, versus Crystal Palace and Southampton. Last month, at the Liberty Stadium in Wales, he notably earned praise for his display on the left side of a back-three.

3: WISE HEAD, YOUNG SHOULDERS
To cope with the rigours of senior football, especially in the Premier League, a young player must be physically capable and Tuanzebe is certainly that at over six feet in height. But that is not the only string to his bow: he’s also a bright young man who speaks with admirable poise. Seriously, look up one of his MUTV interviews and you’ll see what we mean. Granted, being a good talker has nothing to do with success on the pitch, but it nonetheless represents a level of confidence that is required.

4: A LEADER TO BOOT
Born in Bunia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the England Under-21 international grew up in Rochdale and has been nurtured by the Academy since the age of eight. He has become an excellent leader and captained the Under-18s as a first-year scholar. “I don't think that has happened since Gary Neville was youth-team skipper,” said former coach Paul McGuinness. “Axel did a very good job - on and off the field.”

The robust defender then led the Reserves throughout the 2016/17 season and admits he enjoys the responsibility of the role. "I like bossing people around!" he recently told us with a smirk.

5: SERIAL AWARD WINNER
In May 2015, Axel was named our Jimmy Murphy Under-18s Player of the Year and, two years later, he collected the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year prize, becoming the third Red in history to claim both youth trophies (after Mark Robins and Giuseppe Rossi).

Speaking about his success, our no.38 outlined his aims for a future that definitely looks bright: “It's my dream to be a leader and role model at this club. The manager has shown faith to play me and I’ve been helped by youngsters like Marcus [Rashford] and Jesse [Lingard], who’ve taken me under their wing. It’s been good so far and hopefully it can continue. I was to show he can trust me to play in future games.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
03-01-2018, 09:51 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/4BD84F6BA0D641448A5429D51E08D449.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,79,2000,1205

WHY SHAW SHOCKED TUANZEBE IN TRAINING

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe has recalled his first step up to senior training during an exclusive interview with Inside United, the official club monthly magazine.

The 20-year-old, who came on as a late substitute in the New Year's Day win at Everton and will hope to be involved again in Friday's Emirates FA Cup tie against Derby County at Old Trafford, admits he was taken aback by fellow defender Luke Shaw.

Tuanzebe has now made eight appearances this term as he continues to push for a regular place in Jose Mourinho's squad.

"You don't forget the first time you train with the first team," Tuanzebe told Inside United. "It was me, Marcus Rashford and Devonte Redmond, and we went up to training. It was one of the hardest sessions I've had in my life.

"I was in the Under-18s at the time and Paul McGuinness was our manager. We thought we were coming along to watch but we ended up playing in a training game. We were a position team, the first team against us. It was so hard, it was so fast, it was physically on another level.

"I remember vividly that Luke Shaw was absolutely rapid. It shocked me that I couldn't get near him. He was an absolute bullet, just amazing. From that moment, I had him as a benchmark for myself, in terms of how sharp he is. After that session, we had seen what we had to get to. Once we'd had a taste of it, then we all wanted more and more."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
13-01-2018, 03:40 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/8B4248AAB33943FDA71776B5FA256CE7.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,200,2500,1608

UNITED DELAY DECISION ON TUANZEBE FUTURE

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admits he is considering allowing defender Axel Tuanzebe to leave on loan but a final decision on the youngster's future is being delayed.

The versatile 20-year-old has made three appearances for Jose Mourinho's side this term, after making a successful first-team breakthrough in the second half of last season, and travelled with the squad to Dubai for this week's warm weather training camp.

There is believed to be interest in his services but any move would obviously be a temporary one with Tuanzebe rated so highly by Mourinho and the coaching team.

"Tuanzebe is a very good player that is not having lots of possibilities to play here," said the boss. "But he's our player and he will be our player - no chance we give up on such a talented boy.

"But it is something we are thinking about, a loan until the end of the season. Yes or no. We are a bit afraid of injuries, of needs and needing him. We have Eric Bailly injured, we are not free of other injuries. So we are delaying the decision and we are going to delay it until the end of the transfer window.

"If we have to make a decision, we are going to make it at the end of the month. Probably at the end of the month, if we have no fresh injuries, if Eric Bailly is very close to being back or is already back, then probably it will be good for Axel to go on a loan and to be back for next season, because he is a player that we like very much."

The youth-team product impressed when playing 90 minutes in defence in October's Carabao Cup success at Swansea before appearing as a substitute in the UEFA Champions League win over CSKA Moscow and, most recently, the Premier League victory at Everton on New Year's Day.

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
19-01-2018, 08:55 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/5DC12FFDCE8E4BE0911B648CA9B40E23.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,114,2142,1321

SHAW BELIEVES TUANZEBE "HAS GOT EVERYTHING"

Luke Shaw believes Axel Tuanzebe is capable of nailing down a centre-back place at Manchester United in the future.

The England full-back has been impressed by the Academy product, who has been with the first-team group this season but could be sent out on loan towards the end of the January transfer window.

Jose Mourinho has already spoken about the potential of the former Reserves captain and Shaw feels the 20-year-old will mature into a top-class central defender, after also making first-team appearances on the left-hand side of a back three, at right-back and in midfield.

“I think Axel is unbelievable," Shaw told MUTV. "I think the talent he’s got is frightening. He’s strong, he’s quick, he’s energetic, he reads the game well, he's a good passer of the ball, he’s got everything.

"For me, his main position is probably central defender. I think if he nails down one place, it will be central defender. But like I said, he’s got everything and he’s still very young.

"I look back to the game against Swansea away [in the Carabao Cup] when he came in from the cold and there would have been a few people surprised at him starting the game. But he didn’t let anyone down. I was sat on the bench and I was happy and proud for him, and also Scott [McTominay] in the same game. Both of them were terrific, especially Axel because I think Scotty had played a game before that.

"It was Axel’s first proper game [this season] and against a good team as well. For me, he was Man of the Match and I think people then took to him, the fans, and they knew what a special talent we had.

"We’ve not seen him that much but, hopefully, we and the fans get to see him more because I see him in training and he’s improving every day, building his confidence up even more. He’s always ready for his chance when called upon."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
25-01-2018, 10:00 PM
TUANZEBE JOINS ASTON VILLA ON LOAN

Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has joined Championship side Aston Villa on loan for the rest of the 2017/18 campaign.

The versatile 20-year-old made three appearances for Jose Mourinho’s side in the first half of this season after making a successful first-team breakthrough towards the end of last term.

He impressed when playing 90 minutes in the Carabao Cup success at Swansea before coming on as a substitute in the Champions League win over CSKA Moscow and, most recently, the Premier League victory at Everton on New Year's Day. Tuanzebe subsequently travelled with the squad to Dubai for the warm weather training camp.

UNITED CONNECTIONS AT VILLA PARK

For the remainder of 2017/18, former Reserves captain Axel will link up with United legend Steve Bruce, Villa's manager, fellow loanee Sam Johnstone and ex-Reds defenders James Chester and Ritchie De Laet.

Johnstone has been hugely impressive as the Villans’ no.1 this term, keeping 12 clean sheets in 28 Championship games. Chester has been a regular at the heart of the defence, appearing 34 times this term, but De Laet has only made nine outings so far in 2017/18.

Tuanzebe will also be able to tap into the vast knowledge and experience of former Chelsea and England captain John Terry, who joined the club last summer and has recently returned from injury.

HIGHLY THOUGHT OF BY JOSE

The boss certainly rates Tuanzebe very highly and sees the decision to allow him to leave on loan as a chance for him to get some more game time under his belt.

“Tuanzebe is a very good player that is not having lots of possibilities to play here,” Mourinho said recently. “But he’s our player and he will be our player – no chance we give up on such a talented boy. He is a player that we like very much.”

A CHANCE TO SHINE

Tuanzebe is the third United player to leave the club on loan this month after striker James Wilson also switched to a Championship team in Sheffield United and full-back Demi Mitchell made a temporary move north of the border to Hearts.

He will be hoping to impress and receive regular game time with Villa, who are currently fourth in the second tier and pushing for a return to the Premier League after a two-year absence.

Everyone at United wishes Axel well during his loan spell.

www.manutd.com

Riskur
30-01-2018, 08:35 AM
https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article14202022.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/GettyImages-910099674.jpg
Axel Tuanzebe reveals Manchester United plan

Man Utd youngster Axel Tuanzebe has gone out on loan to Aston Villa.

Axel Tuanzebe intends to use his Aston Villa loan as a springboard to launch a lengthy Manchester United career.

And he thinks one of his new teammates can help him achieve it.

The young centre-back made just eight appearance for the Reds before heading to Villa Park in search of first-team opportunities for the remainder of the season.

His short-term aim is to help Villa win promotion back to the Premier League.

But he wants to use his time in the Midlands to show United what he is capable of.

Manager Jose Mourinho has altready spoken in glowing terms of the Congo-born, Rochdale-raised 20-year-old, one of the most highly thought-of academy graduates of recent years.

And Tuanzebe, in an interview with the Express and Star, said: “After getting the promotion and my medal, I want to go back to United and be a real contender for my place.

“I believe it is my home. I want to be playing there for ten to 15 years. That is my motivation.

“This is my chance to demonstrate what I can do on the pitch.

“If I can break into the team [at Villa], I can show I am a man, who can play men’s football and do well.

“I want to show the qualities I know I have got, to prove I can do it.

“From the back of last season when I played a few Premier League games, I feel like I am ready for the next stage.

“It is not like I am a young boy anymore, looking to please. I am here to fight, here to play and help the team win promotion.”

Tuanzebe believes the presence of former Chelsea veteran John Terry at Villa Park can aid his progress.

“That’s definitely intriguing, having such a legend in the team,” he said.

“If you watch him carefully, he’s never been the quickest. But for some reason he is always in the right position.

“It shouldn’t add up but he is smart, has studied the game, where to be at the right time. Having someone like that to learn off, adding those qualities into my game. It can elevate me.
https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article14085624.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/GettyImages-682995772.jpg
“I want to show I am developing. Showing I can be a leader when needed, whatever is required. I want to show that I can play.”

Tuanzebe’s accent may be pure Rochdale, but he is inspired by his Congolese roots.

“My mum and dad wanted to give us a better opportunity in life,” he said. “The chance to become someone, to do something with ourselves.

“I want to give something back to the people I love. We still have family living in the Congo who I would like to help out one day.”

And he explained his distinctive first name, adding: “My parents were going to call me Alex but my uncle liked Axel so they went with that. It’s uncommon. I like it.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixtures-axel-tuanzebe-14216628

Riskur
19-02-2018, 12:33 AM
Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe sends a message to Jose Mourinho
https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article14303946.ece/ALTERNATES/s458/JS143865158.jpg
Man Utd youngster Axel Tuanzebe had a very impressive debut for Aston Villa.

It was a good weekend for Manchester United.

Not only did the Reds secure their place in the FA Cup quarter-finals but Jose Mourinho was also handed an unexpected boost after a commanding performance from youngster Axel Tuanzebe.

The 20-year-old stole the show for Aston Villa with a fantastic display during a 2-0 loss to Fulham on his first full start.

Despite ending up on the losing team, no player made more successful tackles than the United loanee.

And after a promising start to his loan spell at Villa Park, many United fans are calling for Mourinho to take notice and give the youngster a chance in the first team next season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-youngster-axel-tuanzebe-14305964

zudomiriku
19-07-2018, 09:59 AM
https://s8.postimg.cc/q4r1punjp/4_E6251_B700000578-5968415-image-a-10_1531953153127.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe breaks Guinness World Record by completing game of Hungry Hungry Hippos in 17.36 seconds

zudomiriku
06-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Manchester United's Axel Tuanzebe set to re-join Aston Villa on loan

* Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe set to re-join Aston Villa on loan
* The talented young centre-back played five games on loan at Villa last season
* Tuanzebe's United team-mate Demetri Mitchell wanted on loan by Hearts again

Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe is due to re-join Aston Villa on loan.

The centre-back spent the second half of last season on loan at Villa and made five appearances in the Championship.

Tuanzebe, 20, has featured for the United first-team during pre-season but would be unlikely to feature regularly should he remain at Old Trafford.

https://s8.postimg.cc/gga3ya7lx/03_A0_F862000007_D0-0-image-m-28_1533506375757.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe is set to re-join Aston Villa on a loan deal

Meanwhile, Tuanzebe's United teammate Demetri Mitchell is wanted back by Hearts.

Mitchell gained valuable experience with the Scottish Premiership club last campaign.

Villa are also keen on Millwall midfielder George Saville but will face competition from Leeds.

Villa are expecting a bid from Tottenham for Jack Grealish this week, with Mauricio Pochettino's side having been heavily linked with the 22-year-old throughout the transfer window.

https://s8.postimg.cc/90auchrmd/05_EA2301000003_E8-0-image-m-30_1533506469787.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Tuanzebe's United team-mate Demetri Mitchell could rejoin Hearts in a temporary deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6029527/Talented-Manchester-United-centre-Axel-Tuanzebe-set-join-Aston-Villa-loan.html

Andi Istiabudi
07-08-2018, 06:49 AM
TUANZEBE HEADS BACK TO VILLA PARK

Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has rejoined Aston Villa in another loan deal.

The 20-year-old spent the latter part of last season with the Midlanders but was unable to contribute too much to their promotion bid after sustaining an injury. Former Red Steve Bruce remains a big admirer of the youngster and, with Villa looking to go one better after losing in the play-off final to Fulham in May, another deal has been struck with United.

With the club's pre-season commitments fulfilled, Tuanzebe has been allowed to leave on a temporary basis again in order to obtain regular first-team football.

Axel Tuanzebe emerges from the Allianz Arena tunnel.

The homegrown Academy product picked up valuable experience during Tour 2018, presented by Aon, and came off the bench in the 79th minute of the final friendly match with Bayern Munich on Sunday. He has been praised by Jose Mourinho in the past and will be relishing the opportunity to impress.

Villa open their Championship campaign against Hull City tonight (Monday) so Tuanzebe could be in line to start his second stint at Villa Park in a game against Wigan Athletic, another of Bruce's old clubs, at the weekend.

“It's great to be back,” he told Villa's official website. “This is a big, big club and to represent it again is a big honour for me. It made perfect sense for me to return for the season ahead. I know my way around the place now and owe a lot to the great people who've really looked after me.

”It was a no-brainer and now the ambition remains the same as last season – to reach the Premier League. I believe the squad we have here is more than capable of achieving it and playing at that level.”

Everybody at United would like to wish Axel the best of luck for the season as he becomes the fifth United man to leave on loan this summer.

Goalkeepers Joel Pereira (Vitoria Setubal) and Dean Henderson (Sheffield United), plus defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Scunthorpe United) and midfielder Matty Willock (St Mirren) have already departed on a temporary basis.

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
07-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe rejoins Aston Villa on loan

* Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe has returned to Aston Villa
* He spent time at Villa Park last season as the club reached the play-off final
* Tuanzebe, a United academy product, had played on the US tour this summer

Axel Tuanzebe has returned to Aston Villa after the Manchester United centre back signed on a season-long loan with the Championship club.

The defender spent time at Villa Park last season as the club reached the Championship play-off final, but his playing time was curtailed by injury.

Villa boss Steve Bruce has brought Tuanzebe back however, for the rest of the 2018-19 campaign.

https://s8.postimg.cc/5nhaxmab9/4_EE0_ABD600000578-6031649-image-a-79_1533564429350.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has returned to Aston Villa on a season loan

https://s8.postimg.cc/kjfu57e05/4_EE0_AAE900000578-6031649-image-a-80_1533564431034.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
He spent time at Villa Park last season as the club reached the Championship play-off final

Tuanzebe told the club website: 'It's great to be back. This is a big, big club and to represent it again is a big honour for me.

'It made perfect sense for me to return for the season ahead. I know my way around the place now and owe a lot to the great people who've really looked after me.

'It was a no-brainer and now the ambition remains the same as last season – to reach the Premier League. I believe the squad we have here are more than capable of achieving it and playing at that level.'

Tuanzebe, a United academy product, toured the US with the Red Devils this summer, but has been allowed on loan to gain first team experience.

https://s8.postimg.cc/zfedcshp1/4_EE0_AA3_E00000578-6031649-image-a-81_1533564434426.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Tuanzebe, a United academy product, toured the US with the Red Devils this summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6031649/Manchester-United-defender-Axel-Tuanzebe-rejoins-Aston-Villa-loan.html

Andi Istiabudi
14-11-2018, 09:31 PM
SIX REASONS WHY TUANZEBE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE

To mark Axel Tuanzebe’s 21st birthday, which he celebrates today, we’ve listed six reasons why supporters can feel excited about the future of the Manchester United prospect…

1: MOURINHO RATES HIM
Since Jose’s very first match in charge of the Reds, a pre-season friendly at Wigan Athletic in July 2016, the manager has spoken positively about the young defender and cited him as an obvious talent. “The potential is there,” he said at the DW Stadium that day. “You can see it immediately!” Mourinho has since taken Tuanzebe on all three of his pre-season tours while in charge of the club, and also sanctioned the signing on a new long-term contract.

2: HE CAN PLAY A BIT, TOO!
As the manager quickly surmised upon his arrival at United, Tuanzebe has an obvious and natural talent that underpins his reputation as a rising star. He is strong in the tackle, composed on the ball and intelligent off it, wielding attributes that are often required from the modern centre-back.

The 21-year-old England international is versatile, too, having played for the first team at right-back and also in central midfield. He has even earned praise for his display on the left side of a back-three, away to Swansea City in 2017.

3: WISE HEAD, YOUNG SHOULDERS
To cope with the rigours of senior football, especially in the Premier League, a young player must be physically capable and Tuanzebe is certainly that at over six feet in height. But that is not the only string to his bow: he’s also a bright young man who speaks with admirable poise. Seriously, look up one of his MUTV interviews and you’ll see what we mean. Granted, being a good talker has nothing to do with success on the pitch, but it nonetheless represents a level of confidence that is required.

4: A LEADER TO BOOT
Born in Bunia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tuanzebe grew up in Rochdale and has been nurtured by the Academy since the age of eight. He has become an excellent leader and captained the Under-18s as a first-year scholar. “I don't think that has happened since Gary Neville was youth-team skipper,” said former coach Paul McGuinness. “Axel did a very good job - on and off the field.”

The robust defender then led the Reserves throughout the 2016/17 season and admitted he enjoys the responsibility of the role. “I like bossing people around!” he recently told us with a smirk.

5: SERIAL AWARD WINNER
In May 2015 Axel was named our Jimmy Murphy Under-18s Player of the Year and, two years later, he collected the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year prize, becoming the third Red in history to claim both youth trophies (after Mark Robins and Giuseppe Rossi).

Speaking about his success, our no.38 outlined his aims for a future that definitely looks bright: “It's my dream to be a leader and role model at this club. The manager has shown faith to play me and I’ve been helped by youngsters like Marcus and Jesse, who’ve taken me under their wing. It’s been good so far and hopefully it can continue. I was to show he can trust me to play in future games.”

6: EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION
Axel agreed a loan move to Aston Villa in October 2017 to link up with United legend Steve Bruce, for whom he made eight appearances before an injury put paid to that temporary spell in April 2018. However, he had already impressed by that point and the Midlands club signed him again last August to assist with their 2018/19 Championship campaign. Since then, despite Bruce's subsequent departure as manager, Tuanzebe has made 16 appearances across all competitions and fans are delighted with his performances at centre-back. His future certainly looks bright and he has spoken openly about returning to United as a more accomplished, well-rounded player.

Happy birthday, Axel Tuanzebe!

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
14-11-2018, 09:35 PM
HOW IS TUANZEBE PLAYING ON LOAN AT ASTON VILLA?

To mark Axel Tuanzebe's 21st birthday, club contributor and Aston Villa supporter Adam Bath provides his insight into our Academy graduate's loan spell at Villa Park, where he continues to impress...

THE MAKINGS OF A STAR

When Axel Tuanzebe arrived at Villa Park in January, we didn't really get to see much of his potential due to injury. However, since he returned for a second spell in the summer, we have watched him flourish as part of Aston Villa's back four.

Stepping into the shoes of John Terry in central defence was always going to be a tall order for Axel, especially as the former England skipper had struck up such a good partnership with former United man James Chester - last season, Villa conceded the third fewest goals in the Championship en route to the play-off final.

But the United loanee has really instilled himself into our hearts and we believe he has the makings of a future star.

I was at Pride Park last weekend to see Villa's away victory against Derby County and, at full-time, his name was serenaded by the 3,000 or so travelling supporters.

MOVING INTO THE CENTRE

One of the first names on our team sheet, Axel has only been absent from the starting XI on two occasions this season.

Tuanzebe embarked on his second loan spell in the West Midlands by playing as right-back under previous manager, Steve Bruce. This wasn’t the fans' preferred position for him and, before Bruce’s eventual departure, there were calls for him to be moved to centre-back, especially with midfielder Mile Jedinak suffering some defensive calamities in that position.

Indeed, in our first 13 games of the season, we kept just one clean sheet with a back four that was constantly chopped and changed. That predictably led to a lack of stability and confidence, plus a defence that was leaking goals.

THERE WAS A TURNING POINT

The arrival of new manager Dean Smith in October, with John Terry as assistant, has definitely seen an upturn in Axel’s performances.

He is now playing as part of a settled back four alongside Chester, Alan Hutton and Neil Taylor, and the results are clear to see. In Smith’s opening five games as gaffer we have kept three clean sheets, (more than we had in Bruce’s thirteen games this season) and won three of our last five fixtures.

Speaking in Villa's match day programme, prior to our fixture against Bolton Wanderers at the beginning of the month, Axel spoke about how he has immediately taken to the expansive, attacking style of play under Smith, likening it to the style he has mastered while graduating from the United Academy.

“It suits my style of play,” the 21-year-old said. “It is the type of play we have at Manchester United. It is all beneficial for me to carry it on here, for when I go back to my parent club.”

THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT

Most recently, Tuanzebe won the Man of the Match awards against in-form Championship sides Norwich City and Derby County. He has also helped Villa to gradually climb the table, with the play-off spots now in sight.

With a tricky run of fixtures to come in December, which includes the likes of West Bromwich Albion, Middlesbrough and Leeds United, Axel will be relied upon to make sure we can continue our current vein of form and lay down the gauntlet that this team is a force to be reckoned with.

Promotion is the aim for a club like Villa and the early signs of the Smith era are, for the most part, pretty good.

Having spoken to many United fans recently, it is clear there is excitement surrounding Tuanzebe's return to United. However, selfishly, I would prefer he remained at Villa if we returned to the Premier League next May.

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
15-11-2018, 12:41 PM
AXEL: I AM COMING OF AGE

On his 21st birthday, Axel Tuanzebe spoke exclusively to us about how he is currently faring on loan at Aston Villa.

The cultured centre-back, who is impressing in his second spell at Villa Park, discussed a range of topics including his relationship with team-mate turned coach, John Terry, the growing partnership with former United man, James Chester, his personal ambition for 2018/19 and how often he and his parent club are in touch regarding his progress.

Your form has been superb for Villa – how much are you enjoying playing at the heart of the defence for new boss Dean Smith?
“The new manager and his team have been great with me, they have shown faith in me by giving me the opportunity to play in such a disciplined position. So I am really thankful because I feel like I am improving under his guidance. We want to keep the form and high energy going!”

How much of an influence has John Terry been since he came back as coach?
“I have a good relationship with John. He helps me a lot every day and continuously gives me pointers on how to improve my game. He is always available for when I need him and offers himself to help me and the team. It's great to have him back!”

You’ve turned 21 today – does it feel like a landmark birthday for you and a sign you’re moving on from being classed as a ‘youngster’, particularly as you’re playing regularly in the Championship?
“Yes, 21 is always a special birthday as it signifies the beginning of adulthood so I am thankful to God for another year. I think consistently playing elevates me from the youngster connotation so I want to continue doing well for Aston Villa and showing everyone that I am not the young boy they think I am.”

You're one of the youngest members of the Villa side but have always had great maturity. As it’s your second spell, do you feel established now?
“To be honest, I just try and be myself and people will make a judgement on what they see. Being my second spell, it has been easier progress. I just want to continuously impact the team positively.”

You’re playing alongside a former Red in James Chester – what is he like as a colleague?
“I am sure everyone who has played with James Chester can only say he is a good person. As a captain, he is there when you need him and those characteristics show whilst we are on the pitch. I help him and he helps me. I am feeling a strong partnership forming.”

The Aston Villa fans have really taken to you and you even have your own chant – what do you make of it?
“The chant is great and it's amazing to receive such great vibes and energy from the fans whilst playing. It urges me to continue pushing and fighting till the end!

Are Villa the perfect club, given its size and level of support, to prepare you for hopefully playing regularly for United?
Villa is an amazing club filled with amazing people so, for me, the journey has been positive. I feel like it will only improve and hopefully lead me back to Manchester, where I will want to play week in and week out.

What are the aims for this season – personally and for the club?
“The obvious one is promotion. We have started slower than we intended but things are starting to piece together. The next period of games leading into Christmas are crucial and we want to win all of them! Personally, I want to win Player of the Year for Villa but the main target is based on the team. I think we owe it to the fans!”

How do United help you with the loan process by keeping tabs on your progress and providing feedback?
“United are always there when I need help or anything. We have regular contact and I always get feedback on my games. I means a lot to me because it shows they care about me and are very interested in my development!”

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
02-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Manchester United set to give Axel Tuanzebe a chance to prove he can break into the first team this summer

* Axel Tuanzebe has been outstanding in recent weeks while on loan at Aston Villa
* Man United staff recommended to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he takes closer look
* United want to see what the centre half can do during their pre-season tour

Manchester United are ready to give Axel Tuanzebe a chance to prove he can break into the first team at Old Trafford this summer.

The 21-year-old has been outstanding in recent weeks while on loan at Aston Villa and United staff have recommended to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he takes a closer look at the young centre back during pre-season.

Tuanzebe has earned more credit as it has not been a perfect season for him at Villa Park.

https://i.postimg.cc/DZGRg6dy/12951340-6980447-image-m-16-1556709568935.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Man United are ready to give Axel Tuanzebe a chance to prove he can break into the first team

He endured a difficult start to his loan spell and fractured a bone in his foot just before Christmas. However, he has recovered and blossomed under the tutelage of Dean Smith and coach John Terry, putting in an accomplished performance against Leeds last weekend.

United have had high hopes for Tuanzebe since he joined their academy at the age of eight. Indeed, in 2015, he became the first first-year scholar to captain the U18 side since Gary Neville and was drafted into the first-team squad, though didn't make his debut until January 2017 with Jose Mourinho effusive about his potential.

Now Tuanzebe looks better prepared to make the step up and United want to see what he can do during this summer's tour of Australia, China, and Singapore.

https://i.postimg.cc/W4CQgCZH/12951304-6980447-image-m-15-1556709562618.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
The 21-year-old has been outstanding in recent weeks while on loan at Aston Villa

Despite criticism from certain quarters, Solskjaer maintains he does not need to buy a new centre back this summer and wants to keep the likes of Marcos Rojo while Eric Bailly's medial ligament injury may put paid to any proposed move to Arsenal.

If he maintains his new-found confidence, Tuanzebe would add a fresh dimension.

Solskjaer wants high energy throughout his team and has targeted Crystal Palace right-back Aaron Wan Bissaka, though the London's club's valuation could yet make that deal difficult, hence the merits of Thomas Meunier and Kieran Trippier also being discussed.

Solskjaer wants a right-sided forward, a midfield all-rounder and needs a holding player to replace Ander Herrera.

Scouts have analysed Lyon's Tanguy Ndombele, Florentino Luis at Benfica and West Ham's Declan Rice while more additions could be required if Solskjaer decides to cash in on Paul Pogba, David de Gea, Romelu Lukaku and Anthony Martial.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6980447/Man-United-set-Tuanzebe-chance-prove-break-team.html

Andi Istiabudi
09-05-2019, 11:01 PM
https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/12/24/792770/tuanzebe_villa21557314928690_large.jpg

TUANZEBE CAN HAVE GOOD FUTURE AT UNITED

Head of Academy Nicky Butt believes Axel Tuanzebe remains one for Manchester United’s future as the defender approaches the play-offs with Aston Villa.

The 21-year-old has overcome injury problems to emerge as a key figure for the Dean Smith‘s side, whose remarkable form comfortably clinched a place in the top six of the Championship to earn a crack at a return to the Premier League.

Villa face Midlands rivals West Brom on Saturday before the second leg at The Hawthorns on Tuesday night, with a final against either Leeds United or Derby County awaiting the victors.

The centre-back is showing growing maturity during his second loan stint with the Birmingham-based outfit and has been closely monitored by Reds staff.

“Axel is a very talented boy, who I do believe is going to have a good career at Manchester United,” Butt told us. “There is no point sitting around not playing football and he’s gone to Aston Villa, who are a big, big club.

“He got injured but is back playing well again now and now he has a few big play-off games coming up.”

Les Parry, United's Academy player performance manager, is tasked with keeping track of the Reds out on loan.

“He was doing ever so well when he got injured,” said Parry. “In fact, he was one of Villa's better players. Fortunately, it was a great time for him to come back as it was during the international break.

”It gave him time to settle back in at Villa Park before the first game so he could get up to speed again. Of course, we want all our lads to have that sort of experience, going to Wembley, as that is the sort of experience you need as you have got to get used to playing in big games.

“So the more big games the lads can play in, when they're out on loan, the better.”

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
29-05-2019, 07:18 AM
Selamat untuk Axel Tuanzebe yang berhasil membawa Aston Villa juara Championship 2019 sehingga berhak tampil kembali di Premier League musim depan :)

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article16340082.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/0_JS183885660.jpg

zudomiriku
25-06-2019, 09:38 AM
Selamat untuk Axel Tuanzebe yang berhasil membawa Aston Villa juara Championship 2019 sehingga berhak tampil kembali di Premier League musim depan :)

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article16340082.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/0_JS183885660.jpg

mungkin lebih tepat juara playoff tim ke-3 yg berhak tampil di PL, soalnya yg juara Championship adalah Norwich

zudomiriku
25-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Axel Tuanzebe 'set for showdown talks over Manchester United future amid Aston Villa interest and desire to fight for place in first-team'

* Manchester United have no intentions of selling the defender this summer
* Axel Tuanzebe has told his friends he is prepared to prove his worth at United
* The 21-year-old is in the final year of his contract and Aston Villa are interested

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe is set for discussions with Red Devil chiefs over his future.

The 21-year-old is in the final year of his contract having spent the last 12 months on loan at recently promoted Aston Villa.

It has been reported that he has told his friends he is prepared to prove he is worth keeping hold of at Old Trafford.

https://i.postimg.cc/L47h4cJr/15190748-7175709-image-a-1-1561390748948.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe is set for discussions with Red Devil chiefs. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have the option to extend Tuanzebe's contract by 12 months

According to the Sun, United have no intentions of selling the defender unless a sizeable offer is submitted.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have the option to extend Tuanzebe's contract by a further 12 months.

The Norwegian boss is believed to be interested on giving the centre-back a chance next campaign.

Tuanzebe will sit down at Carrington to discuss his future before the club jet out for pre-season on July 8.

Villa are believed to want to sign Tuanzebe permanently in their bid for survival as they embark on another Premier League season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7175709/Axel-Tuanzebe-set-showdown-talks-Manchester-United-future-amid-Aston-Villa-interest.html

rio vander vidic
25-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Berharap suatu saat bisa main reguler di united..mayan bagus nih..mungkin bisa dicoba tandem sama lindelof

zudomiriku
05-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Axel Tuanzebe set to sign new contract at Manchester United today and defender will have chance to press first-team claims on pre-season tour

* He will fly out with squad on Sunday for the pre-season tour of Australia and Asia
* Tuanzebe will offered chance to claim a first-team place by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
* Aston Villa want the 21-year-old centre back to return for a second loan spell

Axel Tuanzebe is expected to sign a new contract at Manchester United today.

The centre back enjoyed an impressive season-loan long at Aston Villa, helping them gain promotion to the Premier League, and Dean Smith is keen to take him back to Villa Park.

However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to give Tuanzebe his chance to claim a place in Manchester United's first team and will take the 21-year old on the club's pre season tour this Sunday to see how he shapes up.

https://i.postimg.cc/y895HQmr/15639936-0-image-m-2-1562258352449.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Axel Tuanzebe will be given the chance to claim a first-team spot at Manchester United. The 21-year-old centre back enjoyed an impressive season-loan long at Aston Villa

Manchester United are keen on Leicester City's centre back Harry Maguire but he would prefer to join Manchester City.

Both Manchester clubs have yet to meet Leicester's £90million valuation though.

United fly to Australia on Sunday for pre-season friendlies against Perth Glory and Leeds United before heading to Asia for matches against Inter Milan and Tottenham.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7214235/Centre-Axel-Tuanzebe-set-sign-new-contract-Manchester-United-today.html

kalo United dapat Maguire, kemungkinan Tuanzebe dipinjamkan lagi

rio vander vidic
05-07-2019, 10:14 AM
pengen liat tuanzebe duet bareng lindelof

Andi Istiabudi
07-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Semoga bisa lebih berprestasi bersama United kedepannya yaaa..

https://scontent.fcgk3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.2147-6/c0.10.540.282a/p540x282/66686817_2089493061345080_716014534787072000_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeHTv3CV7_5uOI9X2BQ0wujkymX9KCaRrpQSKGDzC sJKUg97k1xiPoHqI5Jelscbb83UsV25TbA9MiF-eoH6oAOvo4RxPm9llZYTEC2WL9o6VGEQBEVHhd7FrMWExJ4npm Q&_nc_oc=AQk208AFxyTQnlThvqKt8CDB2_Oa8TnNsfcr-Ys3Yag8kG5J8khSQiuL_oGKOdzyHcI&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgk3-1.fna&oh=f9ae5c769be8298868b7cc8290d5b49f&oe=5D7E931D

zudomiriku
27-09-2019, 09:49 AM
'Dreams do come true': Axel Tuanzebe reveals he was told about being captain of boyhood club Manchester United for first time just moments before Rochdale clash

* Academy graduate Axel Tuanzebe captained Manchester United for first time
* The 21-year-old was only told he would take the armband in the dressing room
* Assistant Mike Phelan delivered the shock news just minutes before kick-off
* The centre-back led the Old Trafford side to a EFL Cup shoot-out win

Axel Tuanzebe has revealed the incredible moment that he was told he would live his childhood dream and lead Manchester United out at Old Trafford.

An academy player since he was eight years old, 21-year-old Tuanzebe was thrust the opportunity as club captain Ashley Young was left out for United's Carabao Cup opener against Rochdale.

The moment was made all the more special as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's assistant, Mike Phelan, took him by surprise with the news.

'Dreams do come true. I had goosebumps as I was walking out,' Tuanzebe told United's club website.

'It is something I have been working on for a long time and the moment finally came.

'It was a nice surprise. I was literally getting ready to stretch and loosen up and Mike Phelan just came to me and said "are you ready to go and see the referee."

'I said "what do you mean?" and he said, "come on you are captain." So I said "alright, let's get it."

https://i.postimg.cc/7LXFw7Wc/18958556-7507277-image-a-3-1569498652049.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Tuanzebe was wearing the captain's armband for first time - and it came as a big surprise. A United academy graduate, Tuanzebe lived out his dream by leading his boyhood club. The Carabao Cup fixture was only centre-back Tuanzebe's second start of the season

'I am just grateful to the manager, the club and the players for sharing this moment with me.'

The centre-back has won all three games he has appeared in this season - playing 90 minutes against FC Astana and coming on as a late sub against Leicester.

Unfortunately, Tuanzebe's unforgettable night was one United fans will be in a hurry to gloss over - as League One Rochdale caused far more trouble than Solskjaer would have liked.

Daniel James swept in the winning spot-kick after a rocky 90 minutes for United and another disappointing performance. Mason Greenwood's strike was answered by 16-year-old Luke Matheson, sending the game straight to penalties and allowing the third-tier side a chance of an upset.

The five perfect penalties did little to lift the gloomy mood on the red side of Manchester, with Solskjaer's position under intense scrutiny from fans after an embarrassing 2-0 defeat to West Ham on Sunday.

They have drawn Chelsea in the next round of the Carabao Cup, and will hope for a repeat of their 4-0 Premier League thrashing of Frank Lampard's side on the opening day of the Premier League season when they meet at Stamford Bridge in October.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7507277/Axel-Tuanzebe-reveals-incredible-moment-told-captain-Manchester-United.html

Andi Istiabudi
03-11-2019, 08:05 AM
https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/13/12/855141/MUFC_Foundation_Axel_081572615550161_large.jpg

TUANZEBE RETURNS TO SCHOOL FOR MANCHESTER UNITED FOUNDATION

Axel Tuanzebe returned to his old high school in Rochdale this week to officially launch Manchester United Foundation’s latest partnership.

The Reds defender was delighted to go back to St. Cuthbert’s RC High School, now the Foundation's 23rd partner high school, to catch up with his teachers and inspire the students to achieve their dreams.

The key objectives of the partnership are to improve attendance, punctuality, behaviour and academic progress, with a focus on values such as attitude, respect and resilience. There is also a focus on business enterprise and employability skills and a mentor support programme for underachieving pupils.

During the visit, the centre-back dropped into some lessons to see at first hand the work of the Foundation within his old school, including a maths lesson focused on statistics from his career, a geography lesson based on places he has travelled to, and a PE lesson with young pupils from his former primary school, St. John’s.

“I think it’s good that the Foundation is coming into schools; it’s so motivational for the children here,” said Axel.

“For me it’s amazing to see the buildings again and remember my days in school; seeing the kids that are here now and the teachers brings all the old memories back into play.

“It’s something touching and close to me, but in the long run it’s good to see the community doing well.”

The event concluded with an assembly for 200 students who had been specially selected due to good behaviour and achievements in school. Tuanzebe gave an inspiring speech and took part in a Q&A session, sharing stories from his school days, his journey with Manchester United and giving the children advice.

“When I was younger it would have been massive to see someone come into my school who is on the pathway I want to be on,” the 21-year-old added.

“I think the things I said to the children today could be inspirational for them, to understand the responsibilities they need to take on to become a better person and to have a good career.”

“It just shows that you can start at nothing, go to a local school, play for the school team and still achieve a big career – you can do anything you want if you just work hard,” said 13-year-old Sam, one of 10 students selected to present the official launch plaque with Axel.

The school's Head of PE, Jo Holt, taught Axel as a student and was delighted to see him again at the event.

“Today has been a really special day; not only is it the launch of our partnership with Manchester United Foundation but Axel coming back gave us the chance to tell him how proud we are of him,” she said.

“I’m really hopeful that the students involved in today will take away the message that whatever their aspirations may be, they can achieve anything that they want.”

To find out more about Manchester United Foundation, visit mufoundation.org.

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
11-02-2020, 10:33 PM
https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/13/169/895446/A94T3967_20200209417429341581413979171_medium.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: TUANZEBE ON HIS FITNESS, GOALS & LEADERSHIP

Axel Tuanzebe admits that injuries have become a frustrating part of his season so far, but the impressive Manchester United centre-back is growing stronger every day and he feels confident about making a big contribution to the team throughout the all-important run-in.

Academy graduate Tuanzebe returned to the club last summer after an excellent loan spell with Aston Villa and made an eye-catching start to the campaign, producing a series of commanding performances and captained the Reds in a Carabao Cup tie against Rochdale at Old Trafford.

In recognition of his top form, Axel was selected to start in the important Premier League match against Liverpool back in October, until an injury sustained in the warm-up prevented him from playing. Since then, he has largely been absent and working hard on his rehabilitation.

Thankfully, Tuanzebe is part of a United squad that has travelled to Spain for some warm-weather training in this winter break and he is edging closer to re-joining the group, hopefully later this week.

Here, in an exclusive interview conducted at the Marbella Training Centre, the 22-year-old provides a positive update on his progress and outlines his determination to return. He also offers praise for Harry Maguire’s appointment as club captain and discusses our new January signings…

Firstly, Axel, what kind of update can you give us on your fitness?
“Yeah, my training has been very good for the last couple of weeks. My physio, John Davin, has helped me a lot with my progression and tried to really optimise the time I've had to recover. It's been going really good, I'm a lot stronger now and soon to be back on the pitch with the lads again.”

How crucial are those backroom staff who are unseen to the public eye but play a massive role for you guys?
“Yeah, most definitely, all of them play little parts. But mostly I have been with John and we have had a good plan on how to get back onto the pitch, so it has just been about executing it right this time and hopefully having no set-backs to get back with the lads.”

You've been training away from the group this week, mainly with Scott McTominay and Tim Fosu-Mensah, and looking strong, so are you hoping to join in full training soon?
“I couldn't really put a timeframe on it, but yeah very soon. The training today went well and I just want to keep that vibe, that mentality and that work ethic. Scott and Tim are always great to train with, we always push each other, so we are putting in the hard work to get back as soon as possible.”

How frustrating has this period been for you? Because you started the season well, made appearances, captained the side and was due to start against Liverpool before getting the unfortunate injury...
“Yeah, this season has been a bit frustrating. There have been many opportunities that I could have exploited but it wasn't to be. Last season I played a lot of games on loan at Villa and I wanted to replicate that this season. There are still three competitions left that we can go for. I want to be heavily involved in that, help the side to win trophies and get into those Champions League places.”

Do you think the mental side of an injury is just as big as the physical side?
“Yeah, most definitely. Your approach to how you want to recover is definitely key. I am one of those guys who doesn't spend time off when I am injured. I want to get back onto it as soon as possible and try everything possible to get fit as soon as I can. The people around me, my family, have been a really big support in that, the physios here and all of the lads have been onto me as well, asking when I'm back. So it's good to have those messages and morale support to get you back onto the pitch.”

Speaking of the lads, one of your fellow centre-backs Harry Maguire has been confirmed as our new club captain. What does that say about him after only six months at the club and. as a known captain in the youth ranks, do you feel you can learn from his leadership?
“Massive respect to him for getting the captaincy. For me, I don't think it is ever about how long you have been somewhere. It is the impact you give and the time you spend with the lads. He's had a massive impact on the club, he has been a real example and has managed to lead the team. We are improving. We are a young side and given time, I think we will be very strong and contending for real titles. But I just want to send massive congratulations to Harry, because I think he deserves it with the impact that he's given to the club.”

There's a storm going on in Manchester, but the conditions here are incredible. How important could this week be to the squad?
“First of all, I am glad that we have the break. I think it is always needed to have a break sometimes and just to enjoy some warm weather, which we don't get much in Manchester. Just to come out here is like a mini pre-season you might say, just to regroup, reset and go again for the last bit of the season.”

We have some new players to integrate and the highest profile is Bruno Fernandes. What have you made of him so far?
“Bruno has been a nice guy, very calm and collected, he has represented himself well in the short time he has been here, he is very respectful and I wish him a good career at Manchester United. I am very excited to see him on the pitch. I have obviously seen clips of him at Sporting and he seemed to be a very integral player for them. Hopefully he can be that for us as well.”

Nathan Bishop is at the other end of that scale and what a period this has been for him, coming from Southend to United...
“Bish has been cool. You know he is an English lad so there are obviously no language barriers there, so he has integrated well and is very professional. I think that shows from coming out of Southend and being in a professional first-team set-up for such a long time. He is demonstrating good qualities as a player and person. I think he will fit in fine with the group.”

Odion Ighalo has also joined and, while he's not here right now, he'll link up with the squad at the weekend. He's a big man - are you looking forward to that battle in training?
“Yeah, most definitely, because that is how you learn and that is how to improve. I remember my time at Villa. Me and Yannick Bolasie, in every training session we were at it! That is the only way you improve, when you have really honest people challenging every day. I am very excited to see what he brings to the table. I am sure he is strong and powerful. That can only develop me in finding ways to deal with that. I will be very grateful to have somebody like that on the team.”

Looking ahead to the season run-in, what are you hoping to contribute individually to the rest of this campaign?
“A lot of things, but just to help the team grow really. I think we are a very young side, so just being a leader constantly, whether it be vocally or by example, and just help us to develop and grow as a team and obviously improve myself in the process.”

You have a good sense of the mood in the camp, so how determined is everybody to finish the season on a high and hopefully win a couple of trophies?
“Yeah, I think that is definitely the motive. For a young side to go out and win a cup can be a little spark that ignites something special. We work hard, we demonstrate a lot of potential, a lot of good play, we want to improve and that is what I have been saying from the start. It is only upwards for this group. If you want something to grow, it takes time. I think we have only been getting better throughout the season and I am very excited to see what is to come.”

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
13-02-2020, 09:50 AM
'He's had a massive impact on the club, he has been a real example': Harry Maguire lauded by Manchester United team-mate Axel Tuanzebe

* Harry Maguire was made captain of Man United after Ashley Young's departure
* Maguire has hugely impressed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's following his £80m arrival
* Axel Tuanzebe has hailed Maguire, claiming his leadership skills are clear to see

Axel Tuanzebe has hailed the huge impact Harry Maguire has had on Manchester United following his big-money summer arrival.

Maguire joined in an eye-watering £80million deal from Leicester in the summer and has hugely impressed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who decided to award him with captaincy following Ashley Young's departure to Inter Milan.

And Tuanzebe claims he is not surprised to see the England international take up the role at Old Trafford, insisting his leadership skills are clear for all to see.

https://i.postimg.cc/kGs8nGWz/24606142-7991535-image-m-220-1581431937029.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Harry Maguire was made captain of Manchester United despite only signing in the summer. Axel Tuanzebe has hailed Maguire's leadership qualities since signing for £80m from Leicester

'Massive respect to him for getting the captaincy,' Tuanzebe told United's official website of Maguire.

'For me, I don't think it is ever about how long you have been somewhere. It is the impact you give and the time you spend with the lads.

'He's had a massive impact on the club, he has been a real example and has managed to lead the team.

'We are improving. We are a young side and given time, I think we will be very strong and contending for real titles. But I just want to send massive congratulations to Harry, because I think he deserves it with the impact that he's given to the club.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7991535/Harry-Maguire-lauded-Manchester-United-team-mate-Axel-Tuanzebe.html

zudomiriku
04-03-2020, 08:50 AM
'I want to be a leader for the team... someone they can turn to': Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe lays out his personal ambitions at the club

* Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe wants to be a leader at the club
* The 22-year-old has captained his side once this season in the Carabao Cup
* He is on his way back to full fitness after injuring a hamstring in December

Axel Tuanzebe has stated his desire to 'be a leader' for Manchester United going forward.

The 22-year-old has come through the ranks at the Red Devils academy and wants to play a prominent role in the first team in future.

So far this season he has made 10 appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side and captained them in their Carabao Cup win over hometown club Rochdale in September.

https://i.postimg.cc/KYHLCKTS/25475020-8069317-image-a-77-1583236259156.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe says he wants to be a leader at the club. The 22-year-old captained United against hometown club Rochdale in the Carabao Cup. Tuanzebe is on the way back to full fitness after suffering a hamstring injury in December

The defender hasn't featured since injuring his hamstring in December but played in United U23s' win over Stoke U23s on Monday night.

And speaking about what the future holds in store, Tuanzebe was adamant in knowing what he wants.

'I wouldn't say necessarily [I want to] just be captain, just be a leader for the team,' Tuanzebe told the UTD podcast. 'Just be someone the team is going to turn to.

'There are other problems in football as well that people do not see. I always say to the lads if you need anyone or want to talk or anything, just call me out. Especially in the youth age groups with lads I've grown up with.

'If a player is affected off the pitch, it affects his performance on the pitch. If we have everyone operating at 100 per cent we're a much better team.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8069317/Manchester-United-defender-Axel-Tuanzebe-wants-leader-club.html

zudomiriku
10-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Manchester United 'believe defender Axel Tuanzebe could become as good as Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic' as Red Devils continue their search for a new centre-back option

* Manchester United have high hopes for youngster Axel Tuanzebe, reports claim
* The club feel he could reach the same level as Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic
* United are believed to be on the hunt for a new centre back option this summer
* They have been heavily linked with a move for Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly

Manchester United think young centre back Axel Tuanzebe could soon reach the same level as legendary centre-backs Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, according to reports.

The Red Devils are said to be in the market for a new centre-back, with Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford this summer. Captain Harry Maguire is currently being partnered with Victor Lindelof, but it has been reported the club are still seeking a big name signing.

But the defender they are looking for could be sitting on their doorstep with the Athletic claiming that several figures at United have high hopes for the 22-year-old and believe he could be 'absolutely top class'.

https://i.postimg.cc/YqRp23Vq/30564194-0-image-a-1-1594280357324.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Axel Tuanzebe is very highly thought of by figures at Manchester United, according to reports. Some believe the centre-back could become as good as Rio Ferdinand or Nemanja Vidic

The England Under-21 star is currently injured with a hamstring injury but impressed out on two loans at Aston Villa in the 17-18 and 18-19 campaigns - both spells being blighted by fitness woes.

He played a total of 35 games for the Villans and many felt he could push on for a first team spot in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team.

In this season he has managed ten appearances in all competitions, including two starts in the Premier League and three in the Europa League.

https://i.postimg.cc/HkPdXLdq/30564498-0-image-a-24-1594281003720.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
The England youngster has started twice in the Premier League this season under Solskjaer. He could force his way into the Norwegians plans next season if United offload defenders

Tuanzebe is now attempting to nurse himself back to full fitness for next season, but an opportunity could open for him if the clubs ends up selling the likes of Marcos Rojo - who is currently out on loan at Estudiantes - or Phil Jones.

There has been plenty of maturity in his displays during his early career and the club feel he has the potential to become as good as Ferdinand and Vidic, who forged a colossal partnership under Sir Alex Ferguson and won five league titles together.

He has been at Old Trafford since he was eight years old and has quickly become an influential member of the youth team, with the club's website describing him as 'a natural leader'. He captained the under-18 side as a first year scholar - the first to do so since Gary Neville.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8505387/Man-United-believe-defender-Axel-Tuanzebe-good-Rio-Ferdinand-Nemanja-Vidic.html