View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #185
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diego Forlán Corazo

Ex-Man United striker Diego Forlan sacked as boss of boyhood club Penarol after just 12 points from nine games.. as he admits he has 'no complaints, this is football'

* Ex-striker Diego Forlan has left his job as head coach of Uruguayan club Penarol
* The 41-year-old won 2015-16 Uruguayan title with Penarol late in playing career
* Forlan thanked club and its fans after departing following disappointing results

Former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan has been relieved of his duties as head coach of Uruguayan club Penarol.

The 41-year-old, who spent two-and-a-half seasons at Old Trafford from 2002 to 2004 and also represented Atletico Madrid and Villarreal, won the 2015-16 Uruguayan title with Penarol late in his playing career, having also been on their books as a youth player.

He took on the role last December and the club sit seventh in the league, with 12 points from nine games in the current season interrupted by Covid-19.

The club, based in Montevideo, won the league in the previous season.

Ex-Man United striker Diego Forlan has left his job as head coach of Uruguayan club Penarol. He took on role last December and the club sit seventh in the league after winning year before. The 41-year-old won the 2015-16 Uruguayan title with Penarol late in his playing career

Forlan wrote on Twitter: 'I have to leave Penarol but first I wanted to write a few words of thanks.

'Thank you for the opportunity you gave me... To the players, thank you very much for your patience, your respect, your dedication and your teachings.

'Finally, thanks to the fans for their love. I have no complaints, this is football.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8684909/Ex-Man-United-striker-Diego-Forlan-leaves-managerial-role-boyhood-Uruguayan-club-Penarol.html