View Single Post
Old 18-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Cameron Borthwick-Jackson

CAMERON BORTHWICK-JACKSON KEEPS STAGE FRIGHT AT BAY

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson admits it has been a whirlwind time for him recently as he looks to remain part of Louis van Gaal's first-team squad at Manchester United.

The 18-year-old Mancunian made his debut as a substitute in the 2-0 win against West Brom last month and also came off the bench in the Champions League defeat to Wolfsburg. After being singled out for praise by the manager following his maiden start, at Bournemouth, things have progressed very quickly for somebody who did not make a single Under-21 apperance in 2014/15.

When asked by United Review if his call-up for the Old Trafford encounter with the Baggies came as a shock, he replied: "It was mad! I only got told the day before to come into the squad and then to get out on the pitch was just a dream come true.

"The manager has given me a chance, just like he gave a chance to Paddy [McNair], Jesse [Lingard], Tyler [Blackett] and a few others. I was just so happy and proud. I didn’t think my debut would come this year and it was a bit unexpected but you have to be ready for it.

"I don’t get nervous before games. Not even for the West Brom one. It is mad when you’re coming out to play in front of 75,000 fans at Old Trafford as you’d think I would be really nervous, but it doesn’t really hit me. I just block it out and get on with the game."

As 2015 draws to a close, Borthwick-Jackson can be extremely pleased with his progress but what does 2016 have in store for the relaxed full-back?

"I suppose I would just like to become a regular in the first-team squad. That is what I’ve got to aim for, getting regular minutes in the Manchester United side. I need to make sure I’m in the manager’s thoughts and will keep working hard. I have to be ready for anything and, although I’m young and still learning, I think I can become a regular one day."

http://www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote