Thread: Anthony Elanga
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #4
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anthony Elanga

Manchester United winger Anthony Elanga signs new four-and-a-half year deal at Old Trafford... with Red Devils football director John Murtough insisting 19-year-old is a 'young player we all really believe in'

* Anthony Elanga has so far made five first-team appearances for Manchester Utd
* The 19-year-old scored on his second Premier League start back in May
* He has been rewarded for his development with a deal until the summer of 2026
* Academy product Elanga revealed he was 'overjoyed' as he put pen-to-paper

Manchester United have handed 19-year-old winger Anthony Elanga a new contract at the club, tying him down until June 2026.

The teenager, who has made five first-team appearances since his debut in May 2021 and scored on his second Premier League start against Wolves on the final day of last season.

He last appeared in the Champions League earlier this month against Young Boys and as he looks to build on his promising start, the Red Devils have tied him down to a new four-and-a-half year contract, with the option to extend for another year.

After penning his new deal alongside technical director Darren Fletcher, Elanga told the club's official website: 'My ultimate ambition has always been to play for Manchester United. The standard is extremely high, but this contract is another important moment in my journey.

'This is the perfect environment to take the next step, with world-class players and coaches to learn from every day.

'I am overjoyed that the Club has shown such faith in my development, and I want to thank my family and all of the staff for their ongoing support.

'I know that with hard-work and dedication comes opportunity at this special club and I cannot wait to continue my progress here. Glory to God always.'

Anthony Elanga signs his new Man Utd contract alongside technical director Darren Fletcher. The 19-year-old scored on his second Premier League start against Wolves back in May. The winger revealed he was 'overjoyed' after signing a new deal until the summer of 2026

Football director John Murtough added: 'Anthony is a young player that we all really believe in. He has consistently impressed throughout the Academy age groups and risen to every challenge that he has faced.

'Anthony is extremely dedicated; he has the work-rate and attitude to keep improving every day and succeed at Manchester United. He is yet another fantastic example of the type of player that our world-leading youth development system continues to produce.

'We are thrilled that Anthony has signed this new contract, and everyone is excited to see him grow over the coming seasons.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10342907/Manchester-United-winger-Anthony-Elanga-signs-new-four-half-year-deal-Old-Trafford.html