View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #1173
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paul Labile Pogba

It's absolutely disgraceful that Pogba can't get in that team': Phil Neville says out-of-form Frenchman must force his way into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans if Manchester United are to succeed

* Paul Pogba has started Manchester United's last two games on the bench
* United have opted to select Scott McTominay, Fred and Bruno Fernandes instead
* Phil Neville branded Pogba finding himself out of the team as 'disgraceful'
* The ex-defender believes the Frenchman should start if United want to win titles

Phil Neville says it is 'disgraceful' that Paul Pogba can't get into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United team.

The French midfielder has started United's last two matches - against Istanbul Basaksehir and Everton - on the substitutes' bench with Solskjaer preferring Scott McTominay and Fred behind Bruno Fernandes.

Pogba has been strongly linked with a move away from United but still has a contract at Old Trafford until 2022 and Neville - who played 386 times for the club over 11 years - believes he needs to force his way into Solskjaer's team if the club are to challenge for titles.

Phil Neville has slammed Paul Pogba (left) for his poor start to the season. Neville says the move is disgraceful and Pogba needs to play for United to win titles

The 43-year-old, who currently coaches the England women's national team, told Premier League Productions: 'I still think it's absolutely disgraceful that Pogba can't get in that team.

'For United to win a league, for United to be successful, for United to play the style of football that Ole wants them to play then Pogba has to play.

'You can play one of them (Nemanja] Matic, Fred or McTominay and then you play Pogba with Fernandes.'

Pogba rejoined Manchester United in the summer of 2016 for a then-world record £89.3million but his chances of playing in an attacking midfield role have been diminished by the arrival of Fernandes earlier this year.

French star Pogba (right) has started United's last two matches on the substitutes' bench. Pogba's starting chances at United have been reduced after arrival of Bruno Fernandes

The Portuguese midfielder, who joined from Sporting Lisbon, has had a devastating impact at Old Trafford, scoring 18 times in 33 appearances since his January move for £67.6m.

Solskjaer also has new £40m signing Donny van de Beek to pick from in that attacking midfield position but the Dutch star has not been given a great deal of minutes by the Norwegian boss in the Premier League.

Neville maintains that Pogba is not suited to a deeper midfield role that McTominay and Fred currently occupy but Manchester United should be deploying a more attacking line-up.

When asked if Pogba can be trusted in that deep role, Neville replied: 'Probably not no but I'd rather go out there and score goals, go out there and go for the win playing the Manchester United way with Pogba in the team.

'I know I've said about him wanting to leave, not wanting to be there and his inconsistencies but I still think he's one of the best midfielders around. That's why I'm thinking: Why is Paul Pogba not in that team?'

Real Madrid and Pogba's former club Juventus have been linked with a swoop for the 27-year-old next year, with the French international claiming last month that it would be 'a dream' to play for the Spanish side.

Manchester United have endured a difficult start to the season, failing to win any of their opening four Premier League home games of the campaign for the first time ever.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8929841/Why-not-team-Phil-Neville-SLAMS-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaers-decision-drop-Paul-Pogba.html