View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #10
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haruskah Ole dipecat?

Legendary Italian boss Marcello Lippi claims 'humble and shrewd' Massimiliano Allegri would be the 'IDEAL' new Manchester United manager if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is fired' - and would thrive with Patrice Evra on his staff

* Massimiliano Allegri has been mooted with the Manchester United job recently
* Allegri is on the look out for a new job after stepping down as Juventus manager
* Marcello Lippi has backed his fellow Italian to be a huge success in England
* Allegri has also been linked with the newly-vacant Bayern Munich job

Marcello Lippi would be delighted to see Massimiliano Allegri take over as Manchester United manager in the near future.

After stepping down as Juventus boss in the summer, Allegri is currently on the look out for another managerial job. United are toiling under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and are 10 points off the top four after Saturday's miserable 1-0 loss at Bournemouth.

The Italian has been suggested as someone who could galvanise Old Trafford and has also been linked with Bayern Munich, after they sacked Niko Kovac on Sunday.

Marcello Lippi would be delighted to see Massmimiliano Allegri manage Manchester United. Lippi, who led Italy to World Cup glory in 2006, says United are the 'history of English football'

Lippi, who lifted the World Cup as Italy manager in 2006, believes Allegri would be a huge success at United as they look to cut the gap with fierce rivals Manchester City and Liverpool.

Speaking exclusively to Sportsmail, Lippi said: 'Allegri would be good everywhere and as a great admirer of the English club I would be happy to see him take over.

'Manchester United is the history of English football. There have been dark years but the club is fantastic, from the backroom to the players, everyone can say what it means to play at Old Trafford.'

Lippi added: 'First of all, I think Solskjaer was an exceptional striker and a good coach. For Allegri, I consider him an exemplary professional who has the style of Juventus in his blood.

'My deep friendship with (Sir Alex) Ferguson allows me to say that he would be the best choice for United.'

On Wednesday, Allegri was announced on the shortlist for the Coach of the Year gong at the Globe Soccer Awards.

Allegri would want to include Patrice Evra on his backroom staff if he moved to Manchester

Allegri won five consecutive Serie A titles before leaving Juventus but managing United, who are currently rebuilding, would represent a much bigger challenge.

Allegri would have to adapt quickly to a new culture and language but Lippi insists his compatriot would be perfect for the Premier League.

'As I already told you, I refused Tottenham simply because I didn't have a command of the language but also because I loved and respected Juventus,' Lippi said. 'Allegri studies English and is perfect for the British style.

'He is prepared and shrewd. He reads the game with great ease.'

When asked about Allegri's ambitions, Lippi replied: 'He loves challenges and I respect him a lot, I think he is serious and prepared, I think he is a humble person. A great Italian who would do very well in England.'

Sportsmail had previously reported that Allegri would want to include United legend Patrice Evra on his backroom staff if he took over at Old Trafford.

Evra played for the English giants between 2006 and 2014 - winning five Premier League titles and one Champions League - and a return to Old Trafford would prove a hugely popular decision among fans.

And Lippi believes the Frenchman could be a huge help for Allegri due to his wealth of knowledge of United.

Lippi added: 'Honestly, I don't know if Evra wants to become a coach or just an assistant.

'On Allegri I can tell you that he is ready for United. On Evra you have to figure out if he wants to be the manager or assistant. Evra is another man of great capacity and human quality.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7631469/Marcello-Lippi-backs-Massimiliano-Allegri-Manchester-United.html