Thread: Mesut Ozil
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mesut Ozil

'I think he's a player that can link a team together, he's got great quality and could be an answer short term': Paul Scholes believes signing Mesut Ozil would improve Manchester United

* Manchester United flattered to deceive in their 1-0 away win against Partizan
* United have not shot on target from open play in the last two Europa League ties
* Paul Scholes feels Mesut Ozil would help solve their lack of creativity problem

Paul Scholes has identified Mesut Ozil as the man to solve Manchester United's lack of creativity conundrum after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side flattered to deceive in their 1-0 away win to Partizan.

An Anthony Martial penalty was enough to separate the two sides on a night where United failed to register a single shot on target in open play for the second success Europa League fixture.

And Scholes, who for years was master-in-chief of pulling the strings and dictating United's attacking play, feels his former club should rescue Ozil from his Arsenal nightmare to give him the number 10 shirt at Old Trafford.

Speaking on BT Sport after the game, Scholes said: 'I can’t understand that (Ozil's situation at Arsenal). I think he’s a player that can link a team together.

'I think he’s got great quality, he’s shown that in his career, he could be an answer short term, I don’t know. I think that would be up to him.

'I can’t see it happening but I think he is a player that United could do with right now.'

Scholes had launched a scathing attack on United's lack of creativity at the end of the game, suggesting the players looked like 'strangers' on the pitch.

Paul Scholes has said that Manchester United should sign Arsenal star Mesut Ozil. United have not had a shot on target from open play in their last two Europa League games. Scholes said his former club lack a creative play to link the midfield and forward players. Mesut Ozil has been cast aside at Arsenal and Scholes sees the German as a good option

The 44-year-old said that United's limited options going forward are hindering them.

'There’s no link between the midfield players and the strikers,' he said. 'The weight of pass at times was so bad.'

'You want to be encouraged you want to see some bits of good play now and again, a one-two here and there, the number ten receiving the ball on the half turn, but there’s a lack of encouragement.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7610927/Paul-Scholes-believes-signing-Mesut-Ozil-improve-Manchester-United.html