View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
troy andreas

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: Manchester United - Latest Press Conference

Versi Inggrisnya dari manutd[dot]com:

16:25 That's the end of the press conference. Thanks for joining us.

16:25 "I'll try but time is closing in," David Moyes replies when asked about transfers and the prospect of having a new player in before the tour.

16:24 David spent an hour or two on the phone with Paul Scholes. "There will be a place for him and we'll look to bring him back in."

16:23 The boss stresses the club needs to do well in all the competition it enters. "There's a tradition of being used to winning trophies." Nemanja Vidic says Wayne Rooney is in the best physical shape for the past five years and he hasn't spoken to him about his future.

16:20 Sir Alex will be used for advice and David concedes it will probably be impossible for a manager to reign for 25 years at this level again. On transfers, he admits: "It does change as we used to shop in a different window at Everton. This club will always look to buy the best young players and a big part of my job is to bring young players through the Academy. We're looking to bring through our own players."

16:17 David thinks he has been left a squad capable of retaining the Barclays Premier League and was pleased to be handed a six-year contract. The boss believes managers are sacked too quickly these days and feels fortunate to have worked at Preston and Everton where that hasn't been the case.

16:15 Ashley Young, Chris Smalling and Nani (who has had an operation on his nose) are doubts for the tour. They will be assessed at the start of next week before the flight out. Wilfried Zaha is due out in on Monday. Shinji Kagawa will meet up with the squad in Japan but Javier Hernandez has more time off.

16:13 "I've never seen United get a tougher Premier League start over the years," jokes the manager. He hopes to get balance right between winning and entertaining. "I hope I have the same magic touch as Sir Alex," he asserts. It is made clear that not all of the squad is back in training.

16:11 Paul Scholes is taking some time off to spend with his family. Ryan Giggs is described as an "incredible footballer" and the new man wants some young members of staff behind him.

16:10 David says it's not his style to speak about players who are contracted to other clubs after being asked directly about any interest in Cristiano Ronaldo. "This club is always interested in the best players," he reiterates.

16:08 "I come to a club where success is tattooed across its badge," states the boss, who says he has gained great confidence from being told he would be the club's manager by Sir Alex. "We'll do everything we can to add to the squad," he says.

16:06 The new boss hopes Sir Alex does sit in the directors' box as he won't be intimidated by his presence. There are thanks due also to Rene Meulensteen, who was asked to stay but felt it fair on the Scot to leave, and Mike Phelan. "Sir Alex is not there to pressure me," stresses Moyes. "The players have also responded well."

16:04 David is looking forward to working with Wayne again, as he did at Everton, and getting the best out of him as the journalists pepper the new manager with questions about the striker. "Wayne won't be sold by Manchester United," he reiterates.

16:02 David Moyes has met Sir Bobby Charlton, which was a "thrill" and has spoken to Wayne Rooney about overtaking the legend's goalscoring record. "He's not for sale and will remain a Manchester United player." The striker is training 'brilliantly well' and will target the all-time goals record.

16:01 "Old Trafford is the place you want to go," adds Moyes, who feels it is a plus for British coaches that he has been handed this fabulous opportunity. He admits to some trepidation at stepping into Sir Alex's shoes as he has so much respect for the man he has replaced.

16:00 Phil Townsend introduces David and skipper Nemanja Vidic to the floor. "I'm incredibly privileged," admits the boss. "I had no idea whatsoever. I knew nothing at all about it until Sir Alex gave me a call." The pair met at Sir Alex's house and was told you're the next Manchester United manager.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Jul/live-blog-david-moyes-press-conference.aspx?pageNo=3

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troy andreas For This Useful Post: