Thread: Romelu Lukaku
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #231
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romelu Lukaku

'Scapegoated. You are the reason': Romelu Lukaku felt he was blamed for Jose Mourinho's Manchester United failure as he opens up on time at Old Trafford after sealing Inter Milan move

* Romelu Lukaku believes he was unfairly blamed for Jose Mourinho's failings
* Lukaku says he left United because he didn't want to play in England anymore
* The striker says that his weight gain last term was the result of a digestion issue

Romelu Lukaku feels he was made a scapegoat for Jose Mourinho's failure at Manchester United after reflecting on his time at Old Trafford.

Mourinho spent £75 million to bring Lukaku to United from Everton in the summer of 2017, with the striker scoring 38 goals for club and country in 2017-18.

But Lukaku endured a difficult second season at the club, which saw Mourinho sacked in December 2018 and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer take charge.

Romelu Lukaku believes he was unfairly blamed for Jose Mourinho's failure at Man United. Lukaku rarely featured for United after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's appointment last season

Lukaku left United for Inter this summer in a £75 million deal and believes he was made a scapegoat for the club's failings under Mourinho.

When asked to reflect on his exit and the reasons behind Mourinho's sacking, he told ESPN: 'Scapegoated. 'Meaning 'You are the reason.'

The striker was criticised by former United defender Gary Neville after admitted he was overweight but he insists his physical problems weren't the result of overeating.

The 26-year-old has impressed with two goals in two games since joining Inter. Lukaku has heaped praise on Inter boss Antonio Conte for creating a positive atmosphere

'Normally I have a fine digestive system,' Lukaku said. 'I digest everything very quickly. That's how it had been my entire life.

'But what the nutritionist (at Inter) said to me was, it had stopped working. I'm good now. My body is in the zone.'

Lukaku has adapted quickly to life in Italy, scoring on his debut in a 4-0 win over Lecce before finding the back of the net away at Cagliari.

The 26-year-old has been courted by Inter boss Antonio Conte since he was a teenager and reserved special praise for his new manager.

'The guy can make a team,' he said. 'It's already like the guys have been there for many, many years together, even the ones who just arrived. It's the strangest thing.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7456903/Romelu-Lukaku-felt-blamed-Jose-Mourinhos-Manchester-United-failure.html