View Single Post
Old 16-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #72
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Solskjaer

'We need to win again... I believe so much in this club and this project': Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backs himself to restore the glory days after admitting confidence was at rock bottom when he took over

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer led Manchester United to 14 wins in his first 19 matches
* But unfortunately United's form dipped again towards the end of the season
* They lost six of their last 10 games and missed out on top four in Premier League
* However, Solskjaer is confident he can bring the good times back to Old Trafford

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits confidence at Manchester United was at rock bottom when he took over as manager, but believes he is the man to lead the club back to the pinnacle of English football.

Solskjaer was installed as caretaker in December after United sacked Jose Mourinho following a woeful 3-1 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield, and then installed on a permanent basis in March after winning 14 of his 19 games in charge.

Unfortunately, United's form dipped again towards the end of the season as they lost six of the last 10 games and missed on the top four, but Solskjaer has no doubts that he can bring the good times back to Old Trafford if he is given time.

Asked about the job on United's pre-season tour in Perth, he said: 'It's such an honour but also a great responsibility. I'm following some great managers.

'Sir Alex (Ferguson) was the best and I'm trying to take the best from him and put my own personality on the job. We've got such a big fan base and such a history that I feel that it's a fantastic opportunity for me.

'I saw many things that we tried to improve on. The players had the quality but I felt the confidence wasn't the highest. They had just lost to Liverpool with a bad performance.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer (right) is confident he can lead Manchester United back to glory. Solskjaer also backs his experienced players to help United get back to the level they belong

'We just tried to tell them how good they are, how important a position they have in the club's history and that they were signed because they are all quality players. No one signs for Man United without having quality.

'We need to win again. We are on the way to building a new squad. We've got new staff in, coaching staff. I believe so much in this club and this project. To be manager of this club is fantastic.

'We're waiting for the young ones to come through because we've got so many exciting players and I'm sure we'll see the best of them in the years to come. There are some experienced ones as well that still have a few years left in them. We can get back to the level we were, definitely.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7248315/Man-Utd-boss-Solskjaer-backs-restore-glory-days.html