Thread: David May
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David May

Tidak sengaja menemukan artikel ini. Beritanya sebenarnya sudah beberapa minggu lalu tapi menurut saya tetap menarik dan MENANTANG !!!

Former Manchester United player David May swims with sharks at Blue Planet Aquarium

by Laurie Stocks-Moore, Ellesmere Port Pioneer

FORMER Manchester United favourite David May swapped his tracksuit for a wetsuit when he took the plunge and dived with sharks at the Blue Planet Aquarium.

The ex-defender joined television presenter Helen McConnell for the dive as part of a series of challenges for MUTV.

The pair were filmed undergoing their training then diving in the aquarium’s 3.8-million-litre Caribbean Reef display, which is home to three-metre-long sand tiger sharks, zebra sharks, stingrays and moray eels.

David said: “As a keen fisherman, I have always been on the outside of the water but this time I was in the middle of it.

“I have to say it was brilliant. If you get the opportunity I would recommend anybody to give it a go because it’s absolutely amazing.”

Blue Planet Aquarium is home to Europe’s largest collection of sharks. There are 30 species of sharks and rays on display, ranging from native bull huss and dogfish to exotic guitar sharks.

Paul Renolds of the aquarium said: “It was a real pleasure having Helen and David dive with us. They were both great sports and everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy the experience.

“In fact, we had some difficulty persuading David to come out at the end as he seemed to be having such a good time!”

David made more than 240 career appearances, playing for United between 1994 and 2003 and winning two Premier League titles, two FA Cups and the UEFA Champions League. He also made more than 100 appearances for Blackburn Rovers and played for Burnley.

On retiring from the game, he turned a hobby into a business with a wine importing company.

Source : http://www.ellesmereportpioneer.co.uk
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote