View Single Post
Old 25-11-2019, 09:25 AM   #110
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Solskjaer

'I'd be more worried about the first 70 minutes... they turned up like a team of big heads today': Graeme Souness blasts Manchester United for dire start against Sheffield United after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised his team for comeback

* Graeme Souness criticised Manchester United after 3-3 draw at Bramall Lane
* Visitors were 2-0 down but then went 3-2 up before Sheffield United levelled
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised his side after game but Souness wasn't positive

Graeme Souness has hit out at Manchester United despite Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side managing to take a point away to Sheffield United in a dramatic encounter.

The game finished 3-3 at Bramall Lane, with Sheffield United having established a two-goal lead courtesy of efforts from John Fleck and Lys Mousset.

United, unexpectedly, pulled a goal back through Brandon Williams in the 72nd minute, with Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford also getting on the scoresheet.

Graeme Souness has criticised Manchester United after their draw against Sheffield United

However, Sheffield United secured a point courtesy of Oil McBurnie's late goal.

Despite only taking a point from the game, Solskjaer was delighted with his side's response to going two goals down. Souness, though, disagreed, saying that United 'turned up like a team of big heads'.

Speaking on Sky Sports, Souness said: 'I'm not sure how you can say you deserve to win. I'm not sure what pluses Ole will take from that.

'For me I'd be more worried about the first 70 minutes when we didn't turn up rather than the last 20 minutes.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised his side's determination after they came back

'The vast majority of times when they find themselves 2-0 down they won't get back in the game.

'They turned up like a team of big heads today - they just turned up and thought they'd get away with it.'

Solskjaer had praised his side after the game, stating that their response was better than last season, when they fell to a 4-0 defeat away to Everton.

Solskjaer said: 'It's football. Sometimes it's beyond tactics. The difference between this team and last year's team is huge. 2-0 down my mind's going back to Everton.

'No doubt about the drive and attitude of these boys. Last year we would have been 3,4,5 down. This is such a big stride forward for us.

'They looked like they wanted it more than us but sometimes it's little margins here and there. But the response after they went 2-0 up was fantastic.'

The result leaves United in ninth place in the Premier League - they have won just four of their 13 games so far this season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7720687/Graeme-Souness-blasts-Manchester-United-start-against-Sheffield-United-Solskjaer-praise.html