View Single Post
Old 23-05-2018, 10:01 AM   #12
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mourinho's Coaching Team

Jose Mourinho brings in former Inter Milan and Sampdoria fitness coach Stefano Rapetti to his new-look Manchester United backroom team

* Jose Mourinho has decided to restructure his Manchester United backroom staff
* Rui Faria has left and Mourinho will not have a specific assistant manager
* Stefano Rapetti has joined the club after a spell as fitness coach at Sampdoria
* United U18s coach Kieran McKenna and Michael Carrick also joining first team

Stefano Rapetti has arrived at Manchester United to become part of Jose Mourinho's new-look backroom staff.

Sportsmail reported at the weekend how the 41-year-old Italian, who worked under Mourinho as fitness and rehabilitation coach at Inter Milan, was to leave Sampdoria after being invited to link up with his old boss once again.

Rapetti has been brought in to help offset the departure of Rui Faria who is spending more time with his young family before embarking on his own career as a manager.

Stefano Rapetti is set to join up with former colleague Jose Mourinho at Manchester United. Jose Mourinho is looking to reschedule his backroom staff this summer after Rui Faria's exit

Mourinho has already promoted United U18s coach Kieran McKenna to the first-team set-up with new addition Michael Carrick.

Rapetti began his coaching career with the Under 19s at Inter, before moving up to the first team to work with Mourinho.

From there, he moved to Empoli as a fitness coach, before joining Sampdoria in a similar role at the start of the 2016-17 season.

Mourinho was asked by the Portuguese press last week about whether he could reveal who his next assistant will be.

In response, Mourinho said: 'No. It's a person coming who worked with me before but I can't say the name because he's still linked to another club.

'Michael Carrick becomes a coach on the pitch but I'm looking for two new people on the team. Good coaches there are many, but I like to make my assistants.

'I do not like trained coaches, I like to shape them in my way of thinking and they grow with me and I also grow with them.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5757381/Former-Inter-Milan-fitness-coach-Stefano-Rapetti-joins-Manchester-United.html