Thread: [LEGEND] Pele
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #97
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [LEGEND] Pele

Pele uses walking frame at World Economic Forum event after second hip surgery as 77-year-old Brazil great jokes 'I cannot assure that I will play in the World Cup in Russia'

* Pele said his mobility is slowly returning following a second hip surgery
* The 77-year-old Brazil great joked that he's not ready to get back to playing
* Pele was handed an award for his career but had to remain seated throughout

Pele appeared at a World Economic Forum event in Sao Paulo on Wednesday using a walker, but later said his mobility is slowly returning following a second hip surgery.

The 77-year-old Brazil great, a three-time World Cup winner, joked that he's not ready to get back to playing football anytime soon.

'I am well, but I cannot assure that I will play in the World Cup in Russia,' Pele said at the event. 'My movements are starting to come back, it is great.'

Pele appeared at a World Economic Forum event in Sao Paulo on Wednesday using a walker

Pele was handed an award for his career at the event but had to remain seated throughout the presentation. Upon his arrival with the walker, Pele said it was his 'new car.'

In January, Pele appeared with a walker for the first time at an event in Rio de Janeiro. Later, he skipped an award ceremony in England so he could rest at home.

Spokesman Pepito Fornos said Pele is still planning to attend this year's World Cup. He also said the Brazilian has reduced his schedule to do more physiotherapy.

The 77-year-old said his mobility is slowly returning following a second hip surgery. The three-time World Cup winner joked that he's not ready to get back to playing football soon

While answering questions during the event, Pele said Argentina's Lionel Messi is his current favorite player.

He named Cristiano Ronaldo as the best striker, and picked Neymar as the next in line. 'I come from a city called Three Hearts, I have one for each of them,' he said.

Asked once more about who should be considered the best player ever, Pele said he would pick Diego Maradona. 'But then my mum would be very upset with me, I have to choose Pele, then,' he said.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5502363/Pele-uses-walking-frame-World-Economic-Forum-event-surgery.html