View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #71
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faustino Marcos Alberto Rojo

Marcos Rojo's Manchester United future in doubt after bust-up with Louis van Gaal

* Defender Marcos Rojo has not figured for Manchester United this season
* Argentina international angered manager Louis van Gaal in the summer
* Rojo was fined after failing to join up with United for their pre-season tour
* The 25-year-old was initially offered in deal for Monaco's Anthony Martial

Marcos Rojo's long-term future with Manchester United has been plunged into doubt after he had a serious bust-up with Louis van Gaal.

The Argentine defender, who cost £16million when he arrived at the club 12 months ago from Sporting Lisbon, has not figured in the squad once this season as Van Gaal has preferred to use Daley Blind alongside Chris Smalling.

He enraged Van Gaal earlier this summer and was fined £140,000, which amounts to two weeks' wages, after he failed to join up with United for their pre-season tour of North America because of passport issues.

Marcos Rojo's future at Manchester United is in no doubt after a serious bust up with manager Louis van Gaal

Tensions between the pair have been building since then, with Van Gaal having raised concerns about Rojo's fitness and it is understood the 25-year-old has clashed with his manager over the way he has been treated.

It now leaves Rojo, who played 60 minutes of a friendly against Ajax last Thursday, in a difficult position, as Van Gaal would be open to the prospect of him leaving on a deadline day.

When United were discussing terms with Monaco over the deal for Antony Martial, Rojo was initially put forward as being part of the deal. Valencia also registered an interest before the Spanish deadline closed.

Despite his ongoing problems, Rojo wants to stay at the club.

'I have received offers but my idea is to stay here [United] and fight for a position because it is a great club,' he told ESPN Radio.

'I'll try to play as much as possible. I talked to Van Gaal when I returned and was upset by everything that had happened but he said he was counting on me.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217466/Marcos-Rojo-s-Manchester-United-future-doubt-bust-Louis-van-Gaal.html