Thread: Michael Carrick
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
drivemein
first team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: Michael Carrick

Manchester United star Michael Carrick insists: I'm happy here and I won't be returning to Spurs
-dailymail.co.uk-

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has ruled out a return to Tottenham, despite being linked with the north Londoners.

Carrick joined United from Spurs in the summer of 2006, and has since won three successive Premier League titles and a European Cup.

Some reports over the summer claimed he may be on his way back to Tottenham, but Carrick, whose contract runs to 2013, said: 'You never know in football but I see no reason to leave at all.

'I am delighted to be here. It is as high as you can get.'

United's success has been extraordinary under Sir Alex Ferguson, but Carrick has admitted he still finds it hard to work out his secret.

'He has got the presence, the aura that he has developed because he has been so successful. The respect he gets is not just from the players but everyone around the club.'

Ferguson's infamous hair dryer treatment would certainly seem to be a thing of the past, and Carrick confirmed he this is no longer administered.

'Not so much these days,' he said. 'We are playing well enough so he doesn’t have to lose his rag quite so often.'

United, who face Tottenham in the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup, are currently five points leaders Chelsea.

'This season has been the most unpredictable for a long while. Manchester City, Aston Villa and Tottenham are looking to be pushing up there. And at the moment Tottenham look as strong as anyone.

And Carrick revealed that the Spurs player who has impressed him the most is Aaron Lennon.

'He has looked very good. I know him quite well, played with him for a couple of years. He has brought his game to a new level and will be causing problems to a lot of left backs this year.'
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote