Thread: Scott McTominay
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #14
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Scott McTominay

MCTOMINAY SAVOURS FIRST SENIOR GOAL

Scott McTominay scored his first goal for Manchester United's first team in the 3-0 victory over Valerenga in Oslo and is clearly enjoying life on his first pre-season tour with the senior squad.

Speaking to MUTV after the game, the 20-year-old Academy graduate reflected on a momentous step in his burgeoning career.

"Coming over with the first team for a start and just playing games with them in pre-season and then obviously to get my first senior goal - it's the best feeling in the world," said McTominay.

"It’s the best moment of my life so you just want more and more of this. This is what you work for every single day in training, dedicating yourself. I’m just going to enjoy it now and push forward to do my best."

Referring to the goal and the game, the young midfielder commented: "The ball just broke and there was a little bounce and I’ve just whipped it in the far corner. It was brilliant; like I say, it was the best feeling.

"Valerenga were a really good team. It was a tough first half. In the first 20 minutes they were tough to break down and kept the ball, but eventually our quality showed and we got the goals and it was a pleasing night.”

McTominay moved on to speak about the benefits of being surrounded by some of his more experienced colleagues.

"For me, it’s brilliant to be away with them,” he added. “Seeing how they prepare, what they do before games and during training, watching players like Paul Pogba or, in my position, Michael Carrick, and just learning as much as I can from them. I couldn’t be at a better place."

When asked about the best advice he has been offered by his senior team-mates, McTominay responded: "Just to be yourself, play your normal game and work hard, because that’s what they did. Just enjoy it and enjoy playing football for this club because there is nothing better.

"The pre-season in general just gives you a taste for going forward and, hopefully, things to come. If I can keep impressing and doing what I’m doing on the pitch then who knows where it can take you."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote