Thread: Scott McTominay
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #100
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott McTominay

'I know one or two City fans, so it will be good to rub that in their faces': Scott McTominay to take advantage of bragging rights after stunning goal for Manchester United against local rivals

* The Scotland international came off the bench to score Man United's second
* Scott McTominay scored the second after Anthony Martial broke the deadlock
* The Red Devils did the double over Manchester City having won at the Etihad

Scott McTominay vows to rub Manchester United's victory into his rival's faces after his side's 2-0 win on Sunday.

The Scotland international came off the bench to score United's second after Anthony Martial had scored the opener.

McTominay said after the game: 'That was such a sweet moment especially in a game where we could have done with another goal earlier on to finish the game.

'Credit to the boys who were top drawer today. We had a sticky first 15-20 minutes but you see how much it means to the boys in a derby again, that's three times this year.

'We have to keep going. It's a game where we have to take confidence, but we have to get some proper results over the next few weeks to keep this run going.

'I read the goalkeeper. You give yourself half a chance because they're rushing.

'You get there before Mendy and it's such a beautiful feeling in front of our fans in the last minute.

Scott McTominay vows to rub Manchester United's victory into his rival's faces this week

'Can't get too carried away but we've got to keep going and keep pushing for the Champions League.

'Every game is special, but these games against Liverpool, Arsenal, they're very special atmospheres. These fans, through thick and thin, they're there every week.

'Just to hear two or three people singing your name, never mind the whole Stretford End, is beautiful.

'You can see with the run of games we've been on, obviously I've been injured for two months and I was desperate to get back because I could see the progression of the team. Just to come on today and help the boys was a pleasure.

'Not everybody in this team is guaranteed a starting spot and everyone has to keep working every week.

'I know one or two City fans so it will be good to rub that in their faces as well.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8089201/Scott-McTominay-advantage-bragging-rights-stunning-goal-Manchester-United.html