View Single Post
Old 30-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #432
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patrice Latyr Evra

Manchester United legend Patrice Evra announces his retirement... and now hopes to fulfil Sir Alex Ferguson's prediction he'll become a top coach

* Manchester United icon Patrice Evra has officially announced his retirement
* Having failed to secure a club last season, he has made the decision official
* He is best known for his time at Old Trafford, winning 15 trophies in eight years
* He also played for Juventus and West Ham, among others, in a storied career

Manchester United legend Patrice Evra has announced his retirement from football.

The former France international, 38, enjoyed a trophy-laden career which spanned 20 years and eight clubs.

Evra is now looking to make the transition into coaching and hopes to fulfil a prediction made by his former boss at United, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Manchester United legend Patrice Evra has announced his retirement from football. Iconic manager Sir Alex Ferguson predicted that Evra would be a successful coach

'My playing career is officially over,' he told Gazzetta dello Sport. 'I started training for the UEFA B Coaching License in 2013, now I want to finish it and then go on to get the UEFA A License.

'In a year and a half, if everything goes well, I'll be ready to lead a team. Sir Alex Ferguson had predicted at the time that two of his players would become coaches of a high level: Ryan Giggs and Patrice Evra.'

Evra is widely regarded as one of the best left backs to grace the Premier League after his hugely successful eight-year stint at Old Trafford in which he made 379 appearances for the club.

He started at Italian club Marsala, making his debut in 1998, before moving to Monza for a season. He then spent six years in France with Nice and Monaco before moving to Manchester.

At United he won 15 trophies before going on to play for Juventus and Marseille. He finished his career at West Ham at the end of the 2017-18 season. After failing to find a club last season, Evra made his announcement official on Monday.

Quote:
EVRA'S CAREER

1998–1999 Marsala

1999–2000 Monza

2000–2002 Nice

2002–2006 Monaco

2006–2014 Manchester United

2014–2017 Juventus

2017 Marseille

2018 West Ham United

International: France (81 caps)
Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7297207/Manchester-United-legend-Patrice-Evra-announces-retirement.html