View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 10:14 AM   #440
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patrice Latyr Evra

I'm a positive man but I feel exhausted after the first game of the season... I think we make more impact on social media than in reality': Patrice Evra tears into Manchester United after defeat by Crystal Palace as he bemoans lack of signings

* Patrice Evra has hit out at Manchester United after Saturday's defeat by Palace
* United endured a horrendous start to the season, falling to a 3-1 loss at home
* Evra says he is 'tired' with lacklustre performances and lack of transfer activity
* The Frenchman added that the club makes more of an impact on social media

Patrice Evra has conceded he is 'tired' of Manchester United's lacklustre performances and has called on his former club to sign new players after their defeat by Crystal Palace.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side fell to a 3-1 defeat by the Eagles in their Premier League opener and looked bereft of attacking guile while questions were asked of their defence once again.

Former United man Wilfried Zaha came back to haunt his old club with two strikes following Andros Townsend's opener, while Donny van de Beek's strike was nothing more than a consolation for United.

Patrice Evra says he is 'tired' of the situation at Manchester United and said it is 'deja vu'. United fell to a 3-1 defeat by Crystal Palace to get their season off to a horrendous start

And Evra, who was a fan favourite during his time playing under Sir Alex Ferguson at United, has revealed he is 'tired' when talking about United and feels there is a lot of negativity around the club.

'Lacking everything, mainly the cohesion,' he said on Sky Sports. 'I can't say first game as an excuse. Crystal Palace had no fear and came to destroy Man United.

'[There is] so much negativity around the club such as the transfers and the club don't do nothing about it.

Defensive frailties came to the fore as United shipped three goals in a shocking performance. Evra said he is disappointed with transfer activity and wanted more after Bruno Fernandes

'It feels like deja vu and I'm tired, I'm a positive man but I feel exhausted after the first game of the season so good luck to all the Man United fans.'

The Frenchman feels it may be a long and arduous season for his former club, adding that many United supporters will feel disappointed about their transfer activity this summer.

'It would be difficult this season. We can see in the transfer window, a lot of United fans are disappointed.

'I think we make more impact on social media and in the papers than the reality. Because in the end we buy no players, or at least Van de Beek.

'But we need more, after Bruno Fernandes I was expecting more, like a lot of United fans.'

United have around three weeks to complete their transfer business, with the club heavily linked with a move for Jadon Sancho for the duration of the summer window.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8751219/Patrice-Evra-hits-Manchester-United-lacklustre-display-Crystal-Palace-defeat.html

Last edited by zudomiriku; 24-09-2020 at 10:29 AM..
zudomiriku is offline   Reply With Quote