View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
troy andreas

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: The story of Roy Keane, based on his autobiography

Roy Keane reveals he profited from controversial Glazer Manchester United takeover in latest book disclosure
  • Roy Keane says the Glazer takeover in 2005 earned him money
  • Former United midfielder had shares in the club as part of his contract
  • The latest disclosure in the former captain's book released this week
  • Keane said: 'The Glazers coming in was worth a few bob to me'
  • The takeover was unpopular with fans of the Old Trafford club

Roy Keane has revealed he profited from the controversial takeover of Manchester United by the Glazer family in 2005.

The former United skipper revealed in his book The Second Half, that he had shares in the club as part of his contract and that the takeover earned him money.

In the latest startling revelation from his book, Keane said: 'From the players’ point of view, it didn’t bother us too much. I had a few shares in the club as part of my contract. So the Glazers coming in was worth a few bob to me.'

Malcolm Glazer, who died last May aged 85, took United in to private ownership nine years ago via a highly-leveraged buy-out, plunging the club more than £500million in debt.

Many United fans will always blame Glazer for the money his family’s company have drained from Old Trafford over the years to service their enormous debts.

Glazer’s aggressive pursuit and purchase of United changed the club forever, leading one group of fans to breakaway to set up non-league outfit FC United while another launched the ‘Green and Gold’ campaign that tried so hard to drive the Americans out four years ago.

During the Glazer years, however, United still managed to win five Barclays Premier League titles and one Champions League.

HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2782718/Roy-Keane-reveals-profited-controversial-Glazer-Manchester-United-takeover-latest-book-revelation.html#ixzz3FQAMoV26

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troy andreas For This Useful Post: