View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
troy andreas

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: The story of Roy Keane, based on his autobiography

Roy Keane admits he regrets not moving to Real Madrid when he had the chance... after revealing he received the offer while he was sat on the TOILET!
  • The former Manchester United midfielder was given the chance to move to La Liga in 2005
  • Keane received the offer from former Real sporting director Emilio Butragueno while he was on the loo
  • Ex-midfielder turned down the transfer and ended up going to Celtic instead
  • Keane claims 'fear of the unknown' stopped him moving to Spain in the latest revelation in the Irishman's tell all book

Roy Keane received an offer to play for Real Madrid while he was sat on the toilet - but turned it down because he was 'fearful of the unknown'.
Ex-Real Madrid sporting director Emilio Butragueno phoned the former Manchester United skipper in 2005 as he was approaching the end of his career.

The Irishman took the call when the was on the loo after agent Michael Kennedy had set up the opportunity, but in the end moved to Celtic after bringing his 12-year Old Trafford career to an end.

In the latest extract from his explosive autobiography, Keane said: 'Michael had given me a heads-up that Emilio Butragueno would be phoning, so I took my mobile phone everywhere with me.

'And - how's your luck - he rang me while I was sitting on the toilet.
'He said: 'Look Roy, we'll be glad to have you.' The club's board just had to sanction the deal.'

After leaving Manchester United in acrimonious circumstances, Keane moved north of the border to join Celtic, the team he supported as a boy.
But the midfielder lasted just six months in Scotland, making 13 appearances and scoring one goal, before he retired on medical advice.
The abrasive ex-player thinks he took a negative approach in not taking Real Madrid up on their offer, and claims it could have even prolonged his career.

Keane said: 'I should have appreciated Real's offer more. It was the most attractive challenge in front of me but I didn't accept it.

'In hindsight, I should have said to myself: 'Go, go to Spain, live there for a year and a half, learn the language, learn the culture.'

'I took a negative approach. The weather and the training might have given me another lease of life, another two years of playing.
'As much as anything else, it was fear that decided me - fear of the unknown.'

The former Nottingham Forest player also said he didn't want to go to Spain just for the ride.

At 34 years old, Keane admitted he was 'struggling physically'.
He added: 'It's no good playing for a club, it's about having a big influence.

'Real Madrid might just have wanted someone to do a job, sit in the middle of the park for a few games. But I wanted to go in and have an effect on a team.'

HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2783036/Roy-Keane-admits-regrets-not-moving-Real-Madrid-chance-revealing-received-offer-sat-TOILET.html

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troy andreas For This Useful Post: