View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #134
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United's Academy - News and Rumors

'Today I have to say goodbye': Marc Jurado pens emotional letter to thank Barcelona as he confirms he is leaving ahead of expected summer switch to Manchester United's academy

* Marc Jurado has come through Barcelona's La Masia academy but is now leaving
* He is set to join Manchester United in coming weeks after turning down new deal
* Jurado has now confirmed his exit with an emotional letter thanking the club
* He will play for United's Under 18s side initially before plotting route to first-team

Marc Jurado has penned an emotional goodbye letter to Barcelona ahead of his expected summer switch to Manchester United's academy.

The 16-year-old right back has been in the La Masia set-up at Barcelona for his entire footballing journey, but is now set to head to Old Trafford in the coming months.

Jurado turned 16 in April but turned down the offer of a contract extension at Barca in order to secure a switch to Manchester United, which was first reported in May.

Marc Jurado was regarded as one of the outstanding talents of his age group at La Masia

He has now confirmed his exit as is set to join Manchester United in the coming months

Although the deal has not been confirmed by either club, it is expected to go ahead in the coming weeks, and now Jurado has announced his Barcelona exit.

'It is never easy to leave the team that has given you everything,' he wrote. 'FC Barcelona has been my second home, my second family, where I have trained as a player but also as a person.

'Today I have to say goodbye but not before thanking each of the people who have helped me since I started in 2011. I have been fortunate to share my passion with a fantastic generation with whom I will always be linked.

'We started as children who only wanted to run after the ball and I said goodbye, nine years later, being able to call them friends. Only we know the immense luck we have had with all the coaches who have trained us and helped us to continue fulfilling our dreams.

Jurado, a talented right-back, turned down the offer of a Barcelona contract to join United. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be keen to monitor Jurado's progress when he is in the Under-18 side

'Every stage has a beginning and an end. Mine, after much reflection with my family, has arrived. Gone are indelible memories that will always accompany me.'

The teenage defender has been playing for the club's Cadet A side this season and was due to be promoted to the Juvenil B team for the following campaign.

Jurado is just the latest in a long line of La Masia talents that they have lost in the past few years, with fewer stars breaking through to the first team.

Ansu Fati and Riqui Puig are two success stories over the last couple of years, but there have been a disappointing amount of exits.

Jurado's exit is set to net the club around £1.3m, with Manchester United only needing to pay a small compensation fee given the player's age.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8473683/I-say-goodbye-Marc-Jurado-pens-emotional-letter-thank-Barcelona-heads-United.html