Thread: James Wilson
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James Wilson

Moyes watches on as Man United starlet Wilson scores another stunner and Evans returns to action

Manchester United striker James Wilson added to his burgeoning reputation by scoring a 25-yard stunner in front of manager David Moyes on Monday night.

And there was a further boost for Moyes as defender Jonny Evans made his first appearance since suffering a calf strain on February 1 and came through 65 minutes unscathed at Old Trafford.

Golden boy: Teenage striker James Wilson has been tipped for the top

Watching brief: Manager David Moyes was at Old Trafford to watch the U21 match

Wilson, who had earned a first call up to the first-team squad for Saturday's Premier League clash at Newcastle, opened the scoring in the Reds' Under 21 clash against Aston Villa.

The 18-year-old picked up the ball on the right edge of the box and drove inside before unleashing an unstoppable shot into the top corner in the 27th minute at OId Trafford.

Joe Rothwell and Saidy Janko were also on the scoresheet as United ran out 3-0 winners.

Cracker: James Wilson (centre) scores a stunner for United's U21 team against Aston Villa

Academy graduate Wilson had forced his way into Moyes' plans with his goal-scoring expoits for the U18 and U21 teams.

Former United defender Clayton Blackmore, who graduated into the first-team three decades ago, has tipped Wilson for the top.

'James is top level,' he told the club's official website. 'I coached him with the under-15s and he was frightening. In every session, he scored top-drawer goals. For me, it is only a matter of time before he breaks into the first team.

'He is very direct when he gets on the ball and with what he does around about the box with his shooting. At 15, he was the best I have seen at finishing. I've watched a lot of games and it's sometimes hard to get him in on goal because he is often playing up front on his own and is marked by two centre-backs.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2599186/David-Moyes-watches-Manchester-United-starlet-James-Wilson-scores-stunner-Jonny-Evans-returns-action.html