Old 14-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #278
ollacarla
academy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ollacarla has a spectacular aura aboutollacarla has a spectacular aura about
Visit ollacarla's Facebook Visit ollacarla's Twitter
Default Re: [2012/2013]Manchester United - Transfer Rumors

Man Utd to launch £15m bid for Leighton Baines

Manchester United are reportedly hoping to wrap up a deal for Everton defender Leighton Baines.

Reports last month had suggested United had already made contact with Everton over the availability of Baines, who is currently away with the England squad at Euro 2012.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who has already agreed a deal for Borussia Dortmund playmaker Shinji Kagawa, is keen on bringing in Baines as a long-term replacement for Patrice Evra.

And according to the Manchester Evening News, Ferguson is ready to pay £15million for the left-back.

Everton, however, are thought to be holding out for £20m.

Baines recently revealed he was "flattered" by reports linking him with United, calling the Red Devils "a great club".

"The United link is flattering," he said. "There is no harm in people talking about it because it’s a great club.

"But I'm at a great club as well, a club I love. The focus now is all on Euro 2012 though. There's not much time to let other things seep in.

"It's about getting your head on this job for the next six weeks and trying to do the best you can.

"I'm not letting my focus shift while I’m in camp. I'm focused on what I'm doing at the moment."
The Following User Says Thank You to ollacarla For This Useful Post: