View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #23
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: UEFA - Financial Fair Play

UEFA Fnancial Fair Play
Rummenigge: PSG must face sanctions

ESPN, Fabien Perrin - September 12, 2012

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has claimed big-spending Paris Saint-Germain should face sanctions under UEFA's Financial Fair Play and said the thought of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's pay packet gives him "stomach ache".

Rummenigge, also the president of the European Club Association, claims that while Bayern have stuck to the rules - despite signing Javi Martinez for a Bundesliga record €40 million in the summer - PSG have not.

He said the Ligue 1 side, who will reportedly pay new signing Ibrahimovic €14 million a year, "bothers me".

"What bothers me is Paris," he told L'Equipe. "When I hear the salary of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, I have a stomach ache. One year's salary is equivalent to that of Javi Martinez over five years."

Speaking about some of Bayern's other Champions League rivals, Rummenigge said: "When I look at their spending, Manchester City (€54 million this summer) or Chelsea (€100.7 million)... I think that these clubs have huge losses.

"All have an obligation to respect that the rules of fair play require that financial losses should not go beyond €15 million per season."

He called on European football's governing body to stay strong on FFP and make sure clubs that flout the rules are made to pay.

"It is for UEFA to ensure that these clubs face sanctions," he said. "Paris can't spend €100 million each year for five years, because we can't spend more than we won."
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote