View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #29
RedRob
first team

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RedRob is a jewel in the roughRedRob is a jewel in the roughRedRob is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: The Treble ... !!!

beberapa kutipan seputar malam legendaris di Barcelona...

"26.5.99 Nou Camp Barcelona, 7.45pm. Alex Ferguson can deny it no longer: Tomorrow in Barcelona is the challenge of his lifetime."
Ron Hughes The Times on 25th May 1999

"This is the greatest moment of my life and I'm struggling to take it all in. I Haven't said anything to my players yet. I've just hugged and kissed them. I've slobbered all over them."
Alex Ferguson United Manager

"I was just starting to adjust to losing the game. I had reminded myself to keep my dignity and accept that it wasn't going to be our year. What then happened simply stunned me."

"It would have been Sir Matt Busby's 90th birthday today, but I think he was up there doing a lot of kicking."

"I told them the cup is only six feet away from you at the end of this day. If you lose, you can't even touch it."
Alex Ferguson United Manager on his half time team talk

"When I saw Basler waving to the fans it gave me the hump, I wanted to get out there and show them."
Teddy Sheringham United scorer

"When Teddy scored, I thought, yes! I'm going to play 40 minutes of a Champions League Final. That's going to be unbelievable."
Ole Solskjaer United scorer

"We had to score some goals after the pressure we had. It's unbelievable and it's very difficult to describe how I feel just now. But if people still wonder why I stay at United they can see why. The team spirit, it is unbelievable. Everyone works together and is in this together."
Ole Solskjaer United scorer

"This has been a marvellous season. It's been marvellous for the fans - the F.A. Cup, the Champions League and in our own Championship, and the players have been just great.
I'm really proud of them. English football has been in the wilderness for a long time and now we're back on the world stage."
Sir Bobby Charlton United Director and Legend

"It could take days, even weeks to recover from such a blow. Losing in such a way is very tragic. It is inconceivable what has happened tonight."
Ottmar Hitzfeld Bayern Manager

"They could not have won it like a normal team. Not these men. Not these remarkable, unstoppable, unbeatable men of Manchester."
Martin Samuel Daily Express

"We have new superlatives now when the conversation turns to extraordinary deeds in sport. We can recall the courage of Ali, the cold-eyed winning instinct of Lester Piggott and Ian Botham's innings at Headingly. But always we will come back to the night United beat Bayern Munich at the Nou Camp. It wasn't a comeback - it swept beyond the limitations of that term. It was a resurrection.

They won so dramatically that the history of this wondrous competition has a new and permanent asterisk against the line which records United's 2-1 triumph. It must say:
"Won in extraordinary circumstances - possibly divine."
James Lawton Daily Express

"In two astonishing, almost surreal, minutes at the end of the last European Cup final of the 20th Century, the gilded youth of the most famous of clubs left excellence behind them and found the greatness they have been searching for."
Oliver Holt The Times

"Even if you only saw it on TV, you don't much like football, and can't even stand Manchester United, it was a two minute miracle you will tell your grandchildren about. The final 120 seconds of the 1999 European Cup Final in Barcelona were simply the most breathtaking in sporting history. The two minutes transcended sport. It was an object lesson in life. What those late goal scorers, Sheringham and Solskjaer and 11 other players achieved in those moments inspired me. Because of those two minutes, I will always know that if you keep trying, you can succeed."
Jonathan Margolis Daily Mail

"Yet again in the crucial game the English team has proven inferior to the German team. Maybe I shouldn't say it, but I promise never to say it ever again. Football, as Gary Linekar once said, is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
Marcel Reif German TV Commentator

"I'm sorry."
Lennart Johansson UEFA President to Sir Bobby Charlton when passing him to make his way down to the pitch after 90 minutes

"When I saw Peter Schmeichel running up the pitch for the corner I knew it was almost over."
Nicky Butt United Midfielder

"Can you ****ing believe him!"
Alex Ferguson United Manager to his assistant Steve McClaren on seeing Schmeichel going up for the first stoppage time corner

"Can Manchester United score. They always score."
Clive Tyldesley English TV Commentator after 90 minutes 26 seconds

"Sheringham!" ... pause... "Name on the trophy."
Clive Tyldesley English TV Commentator after 90 minutes 36 seconds

"Hang on a second. Something's happening out there..."
Alex Ferguson United Manager before the second corner is taken in reply to assistant Steve McClaren's suggestion they revert to 4-4-2

"Is this their moment?"
Clive Tyldesley English TV Commentator after 92 minutes 5 seconds

"Solskjaer!" ...pause... "Manchester United have reached the promised land!"
Clive Tyldesley English TV Commentator after 92 minutes 17 seconds

"Are you crazy?"
Gerhard Aigner UEFA General Secretary inside the stadium having just finished putting Bayern's ribbons on the trophy when an aide rushes in to tell him to put Manchester United's colours on

"The lift took a half-minute to arrive, then you had to go through a long hall, through several rooms and through the dressing room area and because we were inside we never heard a thing. I then saw out onto the pitch and I was confused. I thought, it cannot be, the winners are crying and the losers are dancing."
Lennart Johansson UEFA President post match

"I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."
Alex Ferguson United Manager post match
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedRob For This Useful Post: