Thread: Victor Lindelof
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #62
Riskur
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: Victor Lindelof

LINDELOF: I CAN BE MAD FOR A WHILE AFTER LOSING

Although he is affectionately nicknamed the Iceman, in-form Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has admitted he can lose his cool in the aftermath of defeats – at least for a little while.

The Swedish international has been a rock at the heart of defence so far this season, racking up 27 appearances in all competitions to date and notching his first goal for the club last month against Burnley.

Victor was alongside Eric Bailly at centre-back on Tuesday night as the Reds were beaten 2-0 by Paris Saint-Germain at Old Trafford in the first leg of our Champions League last-16 tie.

In a wide-ranging interview for the latest edition of Inside United - conducted in January - Victor revealed it can take time to get over the disappointment of losing.

However, he generally has the same attitude after victories.

“I hate losing – that’s the worst thing I know,” said our no.2. “I always want to win so, after a loss, I can be quite mad for a while and my wife knows that!”
Quote:

Inside United: March 2019 Victor Lindelof says
"I hate losing – that's the worst thing I know. I always want to win so, after a loss, I can be quite mad for a while and my wife knows that!"

Expanding, Victor smiled: “She won’t speak with me for a little bit when I get home [laughs]. But I also think it’s important to let it go too. It’s okay to be angry but, after a few hours, you have to move on and I’m very good at doing that.

”I’ll say ‘Okay, that’s now in the past, let’s move on and look forward to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I love to win, but it’s the same thing, you’re happy for the win but, the day after, you then have to look forward and work hard for the next game.“

LINDELOF'S LOVING LIFE IN MANCHESTER

Victor is in his second season at Old Trafford, having experienced life in Portugal with Benfica and in his native Sweden prior to his move to Manchester in the summer of 2017.

Away from football, the 24-year-old told the club’s official monthly magazine that he and his wife enjoy living here.

“I like it a lot,” he said. “I really like the people here, they’re very nice. There are some good restaurants and places to go, and you have everything you need.

”I live a bit outside of town and it’s very beautiful there. It’s important for me that my wife likes it here too, and she really enjoys it.“

While out and about, Victor is always pleased to meet and greet United fans, whose unwavering support he has always been grateful for.

When asked if he sees supporters a lot in the city, he said: “Sometimes when I’m out eating, yes. During the season, I like to stay at home and relax but, when I am out, you see fans who want to take a picture or just say hello – that’s always nice.

”The fans are always supporting us and giving us extra energy in every game. We want to keep doing more, score more goals, win every game and it’s always for them. The support they have given me as well has also been great and I’m very thankful for that.“

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

The Reds have plenty to look forward to and be optimistic about as we approach the business stage of the season.

Victor insists the lads must continue the good work and states his personal aims for every match in which he plays.

“It’s been very good in the last few weeks and we’ve been playing some good football,” Lindelof said.

“All the guys have shown their qualities. I think we have to keep going and continue to work really hard and do the things we’ve been doing. And we always have to give 100 per cent in everything. Not 90, always 100 – that’s very important.

”I’m just happy to be helping the team. I’m a team player and that’s the most important thing for me. I’m just happy that I can perform well and help us get the wins and not concede goals. Those are my objectives in every game.“
Quote:
You can read the full interview with Victor in the March 2019 edition of Inside United magazine, which is available to buy online here.

Reading this in our app? If not, you might miss some exclusive features not found on ManUtd.com. Download the Official App here.

Last edited by Riskur; 15-02-2019 at 10:15 PM..
Riskur is offline   Reply With Quote