Thread: Bruno Fernandes
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #95
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bruno Fernandes

'When I received the call, I was crying through happiness': Bruno Fernandes reveals he had tears of joy when told of Man United interest before his 'dream' £68m move from Sporting Lisbon

* Bruno Fernandes has been excellent since joining Manchester United in January
terest
* The 25-year-old described signing for from Sporting Lisbon as a 'dream' transfer* The Portuguese playmaker has revealed he cried when told of the club's in

Bruno Fernandes says he broke down in tears upon hearing that his 'dream' club Manchester United wanted to sign him.

Fernandes finally completed his £68million transfer to Old Trafford from Sporting Lisbon in January - after being monitored closely last summer. He signed a five-and-a-half-year contract.

The 25-year-old has been a breath of fresh air since joining the Red Devils - scoring three times and producing four assists in nine appearances so far.

Bruno Fernandes says he was 'crying through happiness' when Manchester United wanted him. He joined from Sporting Lisbon in January a £68m deal - signing a five-and-a-half-year deal. Fernandes has been brilliant since joining the Red Devils and has helped galvanise the club

And having grown up watching his Portuguese compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo shine for United, Fernandes says he was overwhelmed with emotion when he first realised of his current club's interest in him too.

'You know, I will say the truth that I was scared,' he told Mario Djurovski in an Instagram Live interview. 'It was a dream [come true] but it was a big dream.

'For me, playing in England and for Manchester [United] was the highest part of my career. To play in the Premier League, for one of the best teams in the world.

'When I received the call saying: "Bruno, you have the chance of moving to Manchester" I called my wife, my brother, my sister, my mother and just started crying.

'But I was crying through happiness. I fought all my life for this, for this top club. The chance was here and I needed to take it with both hands, to follow my dream.

'My family knew since the beginning that I wanted to be a footballer, they knew my big dream was to be in the Premier League and to play for Manchester.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8387161/Bruno-Fernandes-started-crying-told-Manchester-United-interest.html