Thread: Bruno Fernandes
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #98
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bruno Fernandes

'He wants the ball, he wants to play. That's what I love about his personality': Manchester United legend Patrice Evra delighted with Bruno Fernandes after match-winning display... but star says he and Paul Pogba cannot take all the credit

* Patrice Evra has praised Bruno Fernandes' impact after his double at Brighton
* The Manchester United star was in form yet again in the comfortable 3-0 victory
* Fernandes played a key role in ensuring United's top four chase remains on track
* And long-standing full back Evra has lauded Fernandes' match-winning display

Patrice Evra has hailed the impact of Bruno Fernandes after the in-form Manchester United star helped the club to another crucial win in their Champions League chase.

The 25-year-old, signed from Sporting Lisbon in January, was on target twice on Tuesday evening as United eased beyond Brighton - and has often been lauded for his string of match-winning displays.

Evra, who represented United for eight years, admitted he has been left impressed with Fernandes' willingness to seize control of games since his move to the Premier League giants.

Patrice Evra hailed the impact of Bruno Fernandes after Manchester United's win at Brighton. The long-serving United full back believes Fernandes' willingness to play is his key attribute

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men have now stretched their unbeaten streak to 15 games, and Fernandes' arrival appears to have injected new life into their attempts to finish in the top four.

The Portuguese international had scored his fourth and fifth top flight goals on the south coast and earned plaudits after terrorising Brighton's defence on multiple occasions.

And Evra believes that United will be left thankful for Fernandes' impact should they secure elite European football.

'He wants the ball, he wants to play,' he told Sky Sports. 'That's what I love about his personality. He's not scared. He wants to create chances, he wants to score goals. He's such a positive player. For me, he made the difference.

'If United are, right now, in that position... they should say thanks to Fernandes. I respect all the players, they're doing a great job. But I think he was a key factor. He was really important.

'And Ole compared him to (Paul) Scholes, and I always say when you compare Scholes to someone it's a crime. But he's got the things to ask for the ball, to create. He wants to play football, and he makes United play well.'

But Fernandes is adamant it is not fair on his team-mates for he and Paul Pogba to claim all the adulation.

Fernandes scored twice on the south coast to ensure United's top four chase remains on track. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised the showing of Fernandes - who signed for the club in January. Fernandes netted his second of the evening at the end of a flowing counter attack from United

Having recorded three league assists, Fernandes has formed a blossoming connection with the World Cup winner. Pogba has also impressed since recovering from injury during football's enforced three-month hiatus due to the coronavirus crisis.

'Paul is an amazing player but I don't want to talk too much about me and Paul because it is not fair enough on the other team-mates,' Fernandes said.

'Of course Paul has such good qualities and is so important for us and I think we can combine together, we have qualities and we can play together, but also we know we have some team-mates who can do very well when we are out. I think it's not fair on the other guys if we talk just about me and Paul.'

A flowing move from the visitors resulted in Pogba teeing up team-mate Fernandes, who finished beyond Mat Ryan with the aid of a heavy deflection from the edge of the penalty area.

And his brace was complete at the end of yet another incisive counter attack - with Fernandes firing into the far corner on the volley after a pin-point delivery from Mason Greenwood, who broke the deadlock at the Amex.

He added: 'I was lucky for the first goal but also the keeper was lucky for my first shot - the ball hit the post! So I think I am happy.

'It was amazing. But it was a good job from Paul. In the first goal, the ball came back for me, he knows I will be there to shoot. And the second goal was an amazing assist from Mason, an amazing pass, and I did a good shot.

'Of course I am really happy for my goals, but I'm more happy for the result because the team deserves this and we are fighting for the place in the Champions League and we know we can achieve this.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8477169/Manchester-United-legend-Patrice-Evra-delighted-Bruno-Fernandes-match-winning-display.html