View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Manchester United - Loan Watch 2018/19

BORTHWICK-JACKSON STARTS A NEW LOAN SPELL

Manchester United defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has become the latest member of the club’s loan brigade for the 2018/19 season by joining Scunthorpe United.

The 21-year-old, who has plenty of first-team experience at Old Trafford from Louis van Gaal’s spell in charge, has signed for the League One club for the entire campaign. The Mancunian, effective at left-back or in central defence, has previously had loan spells with Wolves and Leeds United.

Scunthorpe snapped up another Reds youngster, Devonte Redmond, on a similar basis last year and will be pleased to have beaten off competition for the services of Borthwick-Jackson. The loan deal is, however, subject to Premier League clearance and league ratification.

Borthwick-Jackson told Scunthorpe's official website: “I’m buzzing to be here and can’t wait to get started. Scunthorpe really wanted me to come here and I couldn’t really turn it down.

”I’ve been at Manchester United since I was six years old and I’ve progressed all the way through. I managed to get my opportunity in the first team in the 2015/16 season, that was a great season for me and kick-started my career.

“But I need to play regular games and I’m at the age where I should be playing regular first-team football.

”I know it’ll be more a lot more physical in League One, so I’ll have to see how I adapt to that and hopefully I can impress.“

Borthwick-Jackson added: “I can play at left-back or centre-back. When I’m at left-back I like to go forward, get on the ball and put crosses in. I like to put tackles in, blocks and clearances too.

“I want to play as many games as I can and contribute to the team in whatever way I can - assists, tackles, blocks. Whatever I can do to help the team win games, I’ll do.”

HTML Code:
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/cameron-borthwick-jackson-joins-scunthorpe-united-on-loan