View Single Post
Old 17-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #585
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: England - News and Rumours

Kejutan, Rashford dipanggil timnas senior

HODGSON: RASHFORD IS A CONTENDER

England manager Roy Hodgson says Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford has a chance of making his final 23-man squad for Euro 2016 after the youngster was named in the coach's initial group.

A total of 26 players have been selected for England's three preparation matches against Turkey (Sunday 22 May, Etihad Stadium), Australia (Friday 27 May, Stadium of Light) and Portugal (Thursday 2 June, Wembley) and Rashford has been included, along with fellow Reds Wayne Rooney and Chris Smalling.

It's Rashford's first senior call-up after a sensational last few months since breaking into the first team and, although he will be unable to play in the first warm-up game due to the FA Cup final, Hodgson has been very impressed with what he's seen from the 18-year-old and is looking forward to working with him.

"He's one of the contenders, of course. The competition for him is quite strong, he'll understand that, but I think he deserves to be selected, certainly in this larger squad," the England boss told a news conference.

"It'll be very interesting to see what he can do, even though we might only see that across the course of one week before I have to name the final 23 as he's involved in the cup final. But I'm pleased to have someone who has had such an outstanding end to the season, a young player and a player I obviously think has got a future if he can continue to develop as he's developed so far.

"It's great to be able to include him and there is no reason that, if he does exceptionally well, why he couldn't knock someone off their perch, but I must make it clear that will be harder than some people would expect because players that have played over the last two years and have done a very good job and helped us qualify, are not going to be easy to knock off their perch."

Hodgson was asked about notable absentees from the squad, one of which is United midfielder Michael Carrick . The England boss had this to say on the 34-year-old's absence.

"Michael actually played a part for us on a regular basis in the last two years but has been unfortunate with injuries. There were tough decisions I had to make but I spoke to the players, who I respect and admire, and had to make a decision as there are only 23 places."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/May/roy-hodgson-says-marcus-rashford-has-a-chance-of-making-final-euro-2016-squad.aspx
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote