View Single Post
Old 27-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #123
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Solskjaer

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects Manchester United to 'suffer' even more if they miss Champions League again after figures reveal £70m drop in revenue due to absence from Europe's top table this season

* Manchester United's revenue is predicted to drop by as much as £70m this year
* Their absence from the Champions League has severely impacted their finances
* Solskjaer is hoping to reclaim a place among Europe's elite next season
* He can qualify by winning the Europa League or by Premier League qualification

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits that Manchester United will continue to 'suffer' while they remain in Champions League exile.

This week has highlighted the true cost to United of being outside Europe's elite after the club's latest financial figures confirmed a drop in revenue that could total £70million for the year.

That is largely due to United's absence from the Champions League and Solskjaer is hoping to qualify next season either through the Premier League or Europa League, where United face Club Bruges in the second leg of their last-32 tie at Old Trafford tonight.

Solskjaer underlined the importance of beating the Belgians, but insisted that he is still not prioritising one competition over the other.

'We're a big club and we've got good finances but the longer you're out the more you suffer,' said the United manager, who turned 47 yesterday.

'So it's an ambition to get back into the Champions League. For footballing reasons and financially it will help the club.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Manchester United will 'suffer' outside the Champions League

'We've got to focus on this competition, then the league on Sunday and then the FA Cup. We need to take one game at a time. You can't rely on winning the Europa League as there are some good teams in it and we need to get past Bruges.'

United won the competition under Jose Mourinho in 2017 to claim a Champions League place, and Luke Shaw has more reason than most to want to do it again having missed the final in Stockholm through injury.

'It's a massive ambition for me,' said Shaw. 'I was there for the Europa League final, and the feeling — even though I wasn't on the pitch — was one I have not felt and wanted more of. That is what is pushing me on even more to get into this final.'

Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford were the only absentees from training yesterday, with United favourites to progress following a 1-1 draw in Belgium a week ago.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8047277/Manchester-United-suffer-miss-Champions-League-admits-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer.html