Thread: Bruno Fernandes
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bruno Fernandes

Now Spurs want Bruno Fernandes! Club chiefs negotiate swoop for £56m Sporting Lisbon star in Portugal after Manchester United backed off

* Tottenham have someone in Portugal as they aim to sign Bruno Fernandes
* The Portugal midfielder was the subject of interest from Manchester United
* But Spurs are now most advanced in the race to land the Sporting Lisbon star

Tottenham were on Thursday night attempting to seal a £56million swoop for Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes.

Spurs have a firm interest in the 24-year-old midfielder and club officials were understood to be in Portugal on Thursday to negotiate a swoop.

The Portugal international has attracted interest from Manchester United - but Tottenham are now most advanced in the race to land Fernandes.

The move should help appease manager Mauricio Pochettino, who has grown frustrated at the lack of transfer activity during the current window.

So far Tottenham have made two major signings this summer, with Tanguy Ndombele and Jack Clarke joining the club, the latter having immediately returned to Leeds on loan.

United were in hot pursuit of the 24-year-old this summer, but the Red Devils have now distanced themselves from speculation regarding a deal.

However, Tottenham are now looking to sign the player, who helped Portugal to win the Nations League this summer.

Fernandes produced some outstanding performances for Sporting last season, as demonstrated by the fact that he scored 32 goals and provided 18 assists in 53 appearances across all competitions.

Tottenham were in Portugal on Thursday to negotiate a £56million swoop for Bruno Fernandes

Speaking this week Tottenham boss Pochettino claimed he was not in charge of transfers at the club.

He said: ‘I am not in charge. I know nothing about the situation of my players. I am only coaching them, trying to get the best from them.

‘This type of thing, sell or buy players, extend contract or not extend contract: it’s not in my hands, it’s in the club’s hands and in Daniel Levy’s hands.

‘I am managing the team in the best way possible.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7310753/Transfer-news-Tottenham-emissary-Lisbon-look-sign-Bruno-Fernandes.html