Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
rizluq has no contributions yet
Visit rizluq's Facebook Visit rizluq's Twitter
Default Re: Championship - News and Rumors

Blackburn manager Henning Berg 'storms out' of party over wig prank

Guardian staff
guardian.co.uk

No festive cheer for struggling Blackburn
The Blackburn Rovers manager, Henning Berg, reportedly stormed out of the club's Christmas party after he was made to wear a Michael Jackson wig and dance on stage.

Berg, who has led the club to only one win in his nine games since the club's owners Venky's appointed him to replace Steve Kean, was attending the party on Monday for players and 200 staff at Ewood Park, which it was hoped would lift morale.

The incident reportedly took place when a club executive volunteered Berg to go up on stage with the DJ.

Berg was first encouraged to wear a Christmas stocking and dance in front of the crowd, at which point he is said to have become "visibly angry". When someone then tried to put a Michael Jackson wig on his head, he reportedly ripped the stocking off and left the stage.

The Daily Mail said Berg "made his excuses to guests at his table before making an early exit".

In a statement, Berg said: 'On Monday evening, the club arranged its official Christmas party for all employees and staff. We have many hard-working employees and this was an opportunity for them to relax and enjoy themselves after what has been a difficult year.

"After the dinner I was asked to go to the stage, which I was happy to do, believing I would be asked a few questions or maybe judge a competition.

"Instead I was asked to do things which were not the right things for me to do as the manager, considering our league position and form. I did not want to do it and went back to my table. Later, I left the event at around 9.30pm, as planned, and drove home. The players left straight after dinner and no alcohol was consumed."

With Blackburn 15th in the table, speculation has mounted over the manager's position. However, after their 2-0 defeat away at Blackpool, Berg insisted he was relaxed about his future.

"I don't know how much the players heard of what was being shouted at them by the fans, but I don't think too much about my own position."

Last edited by rizluq; 21-12-2012 at 07:42 AM..
rizluq is offline   Reply With Quote