View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #436
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David William Moyes

'We've moved quickly at West Ham to being close to that club': David Moyes' head 'no longer turning' amid the Manchester United job with Scot hoping to guide his high-flying Hammers to success on all-fronts

* Manager David Moyes is delighted with the progress he is making at West Ham
* The Scot has put his previous Manchester United disappointment behind him
* Moyes is targeting success with the Hammers and looking to guide them to glory

Davis Moyes says his head is no longer turned when the Manchester United manager's job is being discussed.

The West Ham boss lasted only ten months in charge at Old Trafford. Some critics feel he was judged too harshly and others that he was the wrong man for the job.

Either way, he has rebuilt his considerable reputation at West Ham and that is the only United he is focussed on helping to challenge for success now.

And that is why he does not get distracted when the United job is up for grabs again – as it is now - with Erik Ten Hag and Mauricio Pochettino in the running to succeed interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

David Moyes' head no longer turns when hearing the Manchester United job being discussed. West Ham boss is targeting success on all fronts and has been a revelation at the Hammers

'I had my chance,' Moyes reflected.

'I didn't quite reach what I'd like to have done or get the results I'd like to have done but I think that's been the same with a lot of the managers there, some of them were really top, top managers.

'We've moved quickly at West Ham to being close to that club, so if we can make it two years in a row in Europe it would be an incredible achievement.

Moyes failed to deliver at Manchester United after replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford

'You have to have a plan. You need four or five transfer windows to get it right. That's just me. Most managers need that.'

Another team and manager getting it right are today's Sunday opponents Brentford, where Thomas Frank stunned his Premier League rivals with the successful recruitment of 'comeback kid' Christian Eriksen.

And Moyes revealed the Danish midfielder could possibly have been lining up for West Ham.

'He was mentioned to us and was mentioned to a few clubs about coming back,' Moyes confirmed, adding that the Danish connection between Frank and his player clearly gave them the edge.

'I think Eriksen is a player a lot of people would look at and think 'my goodness'. But I think everybody was more unsure.'

Moyes would rather focus on his own assets and highlighted the unsung progress of centre back Craig Dawson, who cost around £2m when he signed from Watford two years ago.

'Dawson has given us a real stability,' Moyes added: 'He's reliable, he plays most weeks, he trains every day, he turns up for the games in good fashion.

'He's brought in a lot of really good things, a lot of real basic things which you need sometimes. You do need centre halves who can head it and kick it and tackle and block. There's a new modern world out there of centre halves who pass it and play from the back, with lots of key passes.

'I think in the main it's been money really well spent from our point of view. But I have to say I think he has improved as well. He's understanding a lot more things and generally he's playing at a good level in the Premier League'.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10704689/Moyes-head-no-longer-turning-amid-Manchester-United-job.html