Thread: Gary Neville
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #601
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gary Neville

Gary Neville wouldn't have an issue with Juan Mata and Ander Herrera leaving Manchester United along with two others in the summer: 'It wouldn't be the end of the world'

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to restructure his squad in the summer
* Juan Mata and Ander Herrera's contracts at Old Trafford expire at end of season
* And Gary Neville would not have an issue with them leaving - along with others

Gary Neville has identified the four players he would be okay with Manchester United letting go in the summer.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to bring in four or five new faces in the summer as he looks to make a mark on his squad, having made no changes in January.

The likes of Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jadon Sancho are thought to be on his radar.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to change his squad at Manchester United in the summer. Ander Herrera and Juan Mata's contracts with the club expire at the end of the season. Gary Neville says it would not be the end of the world if they were allowed to leave

But that means there will be players heading out of the door at Old Trafford — with huge question marks over the futures of Juan Mata and Ander Herrera.

The Spanish pair's contracts run out at the end of the season and there has been no fresh agreement.

And Neville admitted that he would not have an issue with Mata, Herrera, and two other players being allowed to go.

He told Sky Sports: 'There's a lot of players Ole has to make a decision on. Is it a big loss if Darmian leaves? I don't think it's the end of the world.

Antonio Valencia has struggled with injury and Neville would not mind if he left United

Darmian would also not be a big loss, according to former Manchester United defender Neville

'Is it a big loss if Antonio Valencia leaves? He's had problems with injuries, I think United need a new right back. Ashley Young, he's fine to stay there for another 12 months.

'I think Mata and Herrera are interesting ones in terms of how the club approach that.

'I think they will be players that are wanted by other clubs. For me it wouldn't be the end of the world if they both left.'

United take on Barcelona in their Champions League quarter-final first leg on Wednesday evening.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6906311/Gary-Neville-not-issue-Juan-Mata-Ander-Herrera-leaving-Man-Utd.html