Thread: Romelu Lukaku
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #170
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romelu Lukaku

'It doesn't matter if I play left, right or up front': Romelu Lukaku happy to play anywhere for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer... but admits he's been waiting for a chance to start at centre forward

* Romelu Lukaku says he had been hoping for a chance to play as a centre forward
* He scored twice in Manchester United's comfortable win over Crystal Palace
* Lukaku has been out of the team due to the impressive form of Marcus Rashford
* The Belgian took his opportunity with both hands with a vital brace for United

Romelu Lukaku admitted he had been 'hoping for a chance to play as a centre forward' after scoring twice in Manchester United's comfortable win over Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

The Belgian has seen his game time limited since the arrival of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as caretaker boss, with the Norwegian preferring Marcus Rashford in the lone striker role.

However, in the England star's absence, Lukaku was finally given a chance and took it with both hands as he played a crucial role in the 3-1 win at Selhurst Park.

Lukaku made the most of his opportunity, scoring either side of half-time to maintain United's incredible form since the departure of Jose Mourinho in December.

He told MUTV afterwards: 'I was just hoping for a chance to play as a centre forward and I got the chance today and I'm really happy that I helped the team win the game.

'It doesn't matter if I play left, right or up front, I always try and do my best for the team. As long as the team win and I can contribute to the win, I am happy.'

The win extended United's unbeaten run in the Premier League under Solskjaer to 11 games. It also earned them an eighth successive away victory as they continue to chase Champions League football next season.

'It was a really good achievement if you look at the teams we played against,' Lukaku added.

'Everybody was doubting us but we responded in the way that Manchester United always should respond - by winning games and dominating.'

Romelu Lukaku was 'hoping for a chance to play as a centre forward' for Manchester United. He scored twice in Manchester United 's comfortable win over Crystal Palace on Wednesday

Lukaku celebrated his two-goal showing by introducing team mate Alexis Sanchez to some early 2000s R&B.

He posted a video on Instagram in which Lukaku films himself as he sings along to Thong Song by Sisqo.

Lukaku occasionally turns his phone towards Sanchez, who is getting changed next to him. The Chilean acknowledges the camera, although he looks slightly baffled by the music choice.

This is explained by the caption attached by Lukaku to the video, where he explains that Sanchez had 'never heard this song'.

Thong Song, by US artist Sisqo, was released on February 15, 2000, and peaked at No 3 in the UK singles chart.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6755323/Romelu-Lukaku-happy-play-Manchester-United.html