Thread: Marcus Rashford
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #305
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

'I only have one aim in life and that is to be a professional footballer - hopefully at Manchester United': Marcus Rashford reveals he has achieved his childhood ambition as he posts image of what he set out to do at 11 years old

* Marcus Rashford has been a key player for Man United since his debut in 2016
* The striker came through the United academy before breaking into the team
* Rashford has revealed a note written as a youngster of his goal to be a footballer
* The 22-year-old has played 187 games for United, scoring 54 goals for the club

Marcus Rashford has revealed a note written when he was 11 years old outlining his ambitions to become a professional footballer for Manchester United.

The 22-year-old has been a key man at Old Trafford since breaking into the first team under Louis van Gaal, and has had plenty of expectation heaped on his young shoulders to help guide Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side up the Premier League table.

And the Wythenshawe-born striker shared a note he had written as a youngster, showing that his ambition from a young age was to be a professional footballer for his hometown club.

Marcus Rashford has shared a note outlining his goal to be a footballer for Manchester United. The note showed a young Rashford's future aims as well as his thoughts on his journey so far

The note, which his mother discovered recently, reads: 'I hope my future is very bright in and out of school especially in my career as a footballer.

'I want to have a different lifestyle and make my family and others proud of me.

'I only have one aim in life and that is to be a professional footballer, and hopefully at Manchester United.'

Rashford has certainly achieved that goal, having already made 187 appearances for the club, scoring 54 goals and providing 29 assists for his team-mates.

The forward came through the United academy and has been a key man for his hometown club. Rashford has also broken into the England set up and scored in Thursday's 7-0 win at Wembley

The note also revealed a young Rashford's thoughts on his journey so far as a youth team player at Carrington.

'My journey so far has been amazing,' it read. 'I have experienced a lot of things associated with Manchester United and with school.

'Thank you everyone and especially to those who have helped me on this breathtaking journey. I promise that I will work my hardest and I will try my best to become a professional footballer.'

The forward has also forced his way into the England set up, and was on the scoresheet as England thrashed Montenegro 7-0 in Thursday night's Euro 2020 qualifier.

He has won 37 caps for his country, scoring nine goals since making his debut against Australia in 2016, becoming the youngest Englishman to score on his international debut.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7689183/Marcus-Rashford-reveals-achieved-childhood-ambition-playing-Manchester-United.html