View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #702
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Manuel Mata García

'It is a real honour to continue to represent this amazing club': Juan Mata ends talk over his future as he signs new two-year deal to stay at Manchester United

* Juan Mata has signed a new two-year contract to stay at Manchester United
* The Spaniard had the option to leave Old Trafford on a free this summer
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can bank on Mata's experience after signing a new deal

Juan Mata is staying at Manchester United after signing a new two-year contract with the option to extend it by another 12 months.

The Spanish midfielder's future has been up in the air after two years of negotiations, and he would have been a free agent on July 1. But United announced that the two sides have reached an agreement for him to stay until at least June 2021.

'It is a real honour to continue to represent this amazing club and our incredible fans,' said 31-year-old Mata, who has won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League since joining United for £37.1million from Chelsea in January 2014.

Spanish midfielder Juan Mata has signed a new two-year contract to stay at Man UnitedMata has been at the club for five years after joining from Chelsea when David Moyes was boss. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was delighted at Mata's new deal as he hailed him as a 'great example'

'I have been at Manchester United for five years and I am proud to call Old Trafford my home.

'I am looking forward to working with Ole and his fantastic coaching staff; the vision that they have for the club is truly exciting and I am so happy that I will be a part of that.'

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer welcomed the news after seeing Mata's compatriot Ander Herrera leave Old Trafford as a free agent this summer.

'Juan is the ultimate professional and one of the most intelligent players I have worked with,' said Solskjaer.

'He is a great example to our younger players in his approach. He understands what it means to be a Manchester United player and has embraced everything about this great club.

'As well as everything he brings on the pitch, we have some fantastic young players here and I know that Juan's vast experience will help them to reach their potential over the coming seasons.

'I am delighted that he has signed a new contract, as I know that his talent and mentality will be invaluable to the squad.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7159149/Juan-Mata-ends-talk-future-Spaniard-signs-new-two-year-stay-Manchester-United.html