View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
VaDLi
first team

Thanked 1,733 Times in 898 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
VaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant future

Visit VaDLi's Facebook Visit VaDLi's Twitter Visit VaDLi's YouTube
Default Re: [G] Tribute to GARY Neville - United # 2

"You cannot take the emotion out of football. The spur of the moment. The instinct. The release. The reaction. That is life. For the last 20 years my grandma has told me that she has caught me swearing on camera" ~ GN2

Quote:
“One of the most special things about my career here has been the relationship the team has had with the fans over the last 20 years. The support we’ve had over the time I’ve been here has been unbelievable and I’ll always be grateful for that.”
“Football is all about the fans. That’s why players play the game - the idea of making the crowd roar, jump, scream, shout… Your greatest experiences are always related to the fans and giving them the joy and the happiness they crave. Without them you don’t have anything. It’s your job to go out there and make them happy.”
- Gary Neville

Quote:
Gary was tremendous. He had great determination and drive and could deliver fantastic crosses.”
“I remember the first time I joined up with an England squad, Gary would be doing his own stretches whilst the manager was talking to the players before training. People used to take the Mickey out of him for that. But it just shows you the length he would go to in order to maximise his potential.”
“That sort of behaviour earned him a reputation as somebody who was very serious. But he was a really funny bloke and we will miss him in the dressing room.”
- Rio Ferdinand
Quote:
“As a young boy he had the will and determination to succeed as a footballer and that character remained with him throughout his career. That’s the legacy he leaves every young player at Manchester United.” - Alex Ferguson