Thread: The Dutch Trio
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: The Dutch Trio

Tanya-jawab dengan Gullit nih seputar sepakbola

Gullit names Liverpool legends

EXCLUSIVE: Ruud Gullit has picked his favourite players from the Premier League era, naming two Englishmen who embodied sexy football.

Who was your footballing hero as a boy?

Johan Cruyff. It was the same for any kid growing up in Holland at that time.

Who was the most talented player you ever played with?

Marco van Basten.

Outside of football, who is the person you most admire and why?

Nelson Mandela. I don't think I need to tell you why!

What player that has graced the Premier League in the past 20 years stands out for you and why?

That's a really tough question because there have been so many great players. I'll name some English players. I like Steve McManaman and Jamie Redknapp. Before the Premier League. I loved Glenn Hoddle. We admired him when people in England didn't. He was a different type of footballer. Kevin Keegan and Paul Gascoigne also.

And who is your favourite player at the moment?

Lionel Messi stands on his own above everybody at the moment. There is nobody who comes close to him. Looking back, he is compared to Maradona, but Maradona was a different player, a leader. Messi is just unbelievable, so skilful. He is so young and has so much time to go.

Ruud Gullit was speaking to Yahoo!'s 'The Dugout' through its partnership with the League Managers Association

Source : http://asia.eurosport.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote