View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #23
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antoine Griezmann

Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann hands Premier League suitors a boost as he rules out Real Madrid switch: 'I think it's dead'

* Striker Antoine Griezmann is wanted by a host of European giants this summer
* Real Madrid were thought to be in the mix but the Frenchman has ruled them out
* The Atletico Madrid man doesn't think joining their city rivals is achievable
* Griezmann's statment should be a boost to the English clubs chasing him

Antoine Griezmann gave the Premier League sides chasing his signature in the summer a big boost by effectively ruling out a move to Real Madrid.

The £86million-rated striker has long been a target for Manchester United. Rivals Manchester City and Chelsea have also made contact over Griezmann's situation at Atletico Madrid, as have Barcelona.

Real were also thought to be in the hunt but Griezmann has admitted such a move would not be possible given his attachment to city rivals Atletico.

The French striker has ruled out a move to Real, saying he doesn't think it's achievable

Griezmann scored Atletico's equaliser in their 1-1 draw at the Bernabeu and was asked afterwards about the prospect of moving across the city.

He said: 'I do not rule out anything in the future, but I'm happy at Atletico and hopefully I can stay here.

'Interest from Madrid? I can't say "yes" or "no". You never know what can happen in football, but moving from Atletico to Real, I don't know if it's achievable.

'Very few players have done so. For this reason, I think it's dead.'

Since arriving at the Vicente Calderon in 2014 for £25million from Real Sociedad Griezmann has become one of Europe's most coveted strikers. In a 150 games for Atleti the 26-year-old has scored 80 times.

Very few players have moved directly across Madrid in either direction. Bernd Schuster was the most high profile when he swapped the Bernabeu for the Calderon in 1990.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4396216/Antoine-Griezmann-hands-Premier-League-suitors-boost.html