View Single Post
Old 21-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United defender under Mourinho

Jose Mourinho wants Chris Smalling and Phil Jones 'to be brave' and step up as Marcos Rojo adds to Manchester United's injury problems

* Marcos Rojo suffered a left knee injury during the first half of the match
* Chris Smalling and Phil Jones are both still out of the team with injuries

Jose Mourinho has challenged Chris Smalling and Phil Jones to show courage and return to action as soon as possible after Marcos Rojo went off injured in Manchester United's win over Anderlecht.

Rojo suffered a left knee injury during the first half of the Europa League quarter-final second leg at Old Trafford and could not continue.

Mourinho said after the game that Jones and Smalling - two players recovering from injury - need to show strength and return to action as soon as possible.

He added: 'I think it's time for Jones and Smalling to be brave, to risk because for the team you have to do everything.

'You cannot do miracles. I don't expect miracles but we have to try to do everything to accelerate the process.

'With a special spirit you can (be back) sooner than be expected, so instead of mid-May they can come back the beginning of May. If it was me, I think tomorrow.'

Manchester United team-mates Eric Bailly and Luke Shaw comfort Rojo as he lays on the turf

Rojo tried to carry on following a challenge with Alexandru Chipciu in the first half but had to be stretchered off moments later.

'It's fairly negative,' said Mourinho when asked about Rojo.

'I don't think they are easy injuries, but I prefer to wait until all the tests are done tomorrow. I can't speak what I feel because I am the manager not the doctor.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4430916/Mourinho-wants-Chris-Smalling-Phil-Jones-brave.html